Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened in court yesterday was the wheels of the justice system turning, and this is just the beginning of the beginning, and mostly academic.

(my MAC is down and I’m doing this on my phone which is entirely frustrating so posted too soon)

So...ETA:
I don’t care what anyone wore or who coughed or whispered or smiled. This DA’s office appears to have a wealth of evidence and I just want to see this thing move along to her predictable end.
Just for the record. I would feel the same way if it were someone on the Prosecution team coughing and hacking into their hand. It's nothing against the defence team. I do hope Tee gets a fair trial,and impartial Jury if it goes that far. Regardless of my observations. MOO

How does the GPS (geotracking, phone, vehicle, games, watches, etc) work? I will give example of how I *think* it works and you tell me what I got wrong please.

1010 home improvement store
1130 doctors appointment
100 lunch
150 neighbors house
155 home

Do they have the times (which would mean time spent at each location) or JUST that I visited each of those places that day? If the latter, is it at least in correct order?

I'm confused. You don't seem to be asking how GPS works, but rather, what timeline you think is involved.

Are you asking what could be known about you, today? Well, then, if you have a GPS enabled device (such as a smart phone or smart watch), it constantly receives information from a satellite and stores it. It then transmits that data to the Cloud whenever you have cell service OR whenever you connect back to a wifi network.

It doesn't just track you when you stop, it tracks you continuously. You can put your phone on airplane mode and drive somewhere using Google maps and you can watch the little blue dot of your progress on the map - because of GPS. GPS is completely independent of cellular service, but does not transmit your location back to the satellite - it transmits your whereabouts to the Cloud and many a lost person has been located using it - and many a criminal has been boxed in (as in this case).

Anyone with access to your Cloud account (usually via warrant in criminal cases) would know your entire activities, not just where you stopped. The time would be included. My phone actually shows where I am in a large store, sometimes with slight inaccuracies. Right now, my devices are properly displayed as located (three are very near me, the others are elsewhere in the house - and I can see that on Google maps or any other app that uses GPS).

In the case of many devices, other data is also transmitted to the Cloud (altitude for example). There is no way to disable GPS on Apple products that I know of (and I don't think it's easy on Android either).

Apple watches store all your whereabouts for 30 days. Once it's in the Cloud, it's there and there's no easy way of getting it out of the Cloud - you can petition Google about its separate data, but anyone using Google apps on a GPS enabled device has their information tracked in that separate Google Cloud.

I have no idea how long any of those services keep Cloud data and I am not sure how Find My iPhone works when a phone is completely off - that would be a simple test of the GPS ability of your device. There's definitely misinformation on these topics out on the Web, so if anyone has expertise in this area, it would be lovely if you'd chime in.

I'm pretty sure that if you turn a device off completely, it no longer stores your GPS data for that time period. It would show where you turned the phone off, though. And where you were when you turned it back on.

I'm pretty sure that if you turn a device off completely, it no longer stores your GPS data for that time period. It would show where you turned the phone off, though. And where you were when you turned it back on.

This is correct. No location data will be recorded during any time the phone is completely powered down. Turning it off or even entirely destroying the phone will not, however, delete or affect any of the location data that was recorded while the device was on.

eta: also with cell phones or anything that uses cellular service, the phone does not have to be cloud-enabled or even capable of web access, because all of that location data is based on a triangulation of the device from cell phone towers that it "pings" on, and that data is instantly recorded by the wireless carrier.

Last edited:
Posted 16 minutes ago:
“Lots of questions about #LeteciaStauch lime green jumpsuit she wore yesterday. Here's what the sheriff's office tells me:

They will not talk specifically about what classification Letecia falls under, but here is what it means in general terms--
This is called a Transition jumpsuit and is designed to provide quick identification so staff may provide an extra layer of observation over them. When an inmate who is in custody is cleared by mental health from suicide precautions, they are dressed into this jumpsuit for easy identification of the status. The use of the teal/lime green jumpsuit is a safety measure to ensure staff is aware that this inmate has a resent [sic] self-harming history and should be monitored and observed a little more closely. Inmates who are on transition, transitioning from a thick green or tan safety smock to a jumpsuit. When they are placed in teal/lime green jumpsuit they will typically get re-housed in a specific ward pending further review by mental health. However, we will also dress inmates who are on safety precautions, from their normal attire of a thick green or tan smock, into a teal/lime green jumpsuit for their court appearance in an effort to help protect their privacy of their current mental health status. Once they return from court they are then placed back into their original safety smock.” (BBM)
Ashley Franco

Trying to catch up. Doubt I'll add anything groundbreaking...

Defense: I just thought the first lawyer choked on a sip of water or something. It happens to all of us. But the giggling and smiling/laughing pissed me off. Made me think they were kiss-*advertiser censored**es. There is NOTHING light-hearted about this. I know we need defense attorneys but I could NEVER do it. I could NOT be normal or decent around a P_O_S like LS. Nope. I know my limitations.

Leticia: I so don't care. I don't care if she is sad, mad, miserable (actually I hope she is miserable), whatever. I don't care if she is tired or lonely or hates the food...Pardon my French but **** her. I. Don't. Care. if she had anyone there to support her. I don't care if she needs meds to "deal." I care 0% about how she feels. I detest her. The only thing I care about is knowing that she suffers every single day until she dies for what she has done.

LH/AS: God bless them. Let them get tattoos, cry, tear a room apart, shoot dirty looks, whatever. They are doing way better than I would be in the circumstances. I probably would have torn LS to shreds long ago. I hope they stay strong and tough and never let LS see them stumble.
GANNON is my hero! WOW... you hit it out of of the ball park ... Home Run!... sometimes a simple LIKE falls short....nuff said...MOO

How does the GPS (geotracking, phone, vehicle, games, watches, etc) work? I will give example of how I *think* it works and you tell me what I got wrong please.

1010 home improvement store
1130 doctors appointment
100 lunch
150 neighbors house
155 home

Do they have the times (which would mean time spent at each location) or JUST that I visited each of those places that day? If the latter, is it at least in correct order?

I don't know about the timeline you have - but as far as tracking, all of that information provided by the different means of GPS will give things such as time, location (some are so good that they can pinpoint exactly where you're standing, others get you in the area), elevation, and then the amount of time in that area.

If you have an iPhone, there's actually a way in the menu (can't recall the exact steps right now) that will show you everywhere you've been recently, with timestamps, and a radius of the area you're in. If the signal strength is good, the radius will be small. If the signal strength is weak, it'll show a larger radius.

Well I don’t know that as fact. I’m certain if she has no involvement both LH and AS would continue to nurture a sisterly relationship between the 2 girls. I haven’t heard anything from either of them suggesting HH has any fault in her mothers actions. They will do what’s best for LS.
I’m personally not comfortable with discussing or suggesting any involvement of a young 17 year old until and if I am given reason to. I have an aunt with bipolar who has done some crazy things and some illegal. I can tell u her 2 children as teens and young adults were embarrassed of her and wanted nothing to do with her. They even now side with their father.
We just honestly know nothing about their mother/daughter relationship it’s unfair to speculate. Moo
I agree with this. HH is a 17yo girl who is likely devastated by what’s happening with her mother. We have seen so many cases where murderers families will support their loved one till the very end. They don’t want to believe they would be capable of doing the worst. It’s human nature. And many of us might be the same way if someone close to us were accused of a crime. No one can say exactly how they would be until they have been through it themselves.

I think speculation on HH and TS’s family is moot. It’s pointless and I don’t understand speculating about it at all, other than to be gossipy which is not what WS is about. They are all innocent parties who are most likely suffering a great deal of pain at this moment.

I should expand. I am a mom who home educated her children. HOMESCHOOL MOM should also be in there. It is even a joke of a stereotype amongst us homeschool moms. Hard to explain, and I maybe shouldn't have even gone there. Again, NOT ALL, but they just seemed to dress dowdy and bumble around and act like they had just started practicing law. And the incessant talking to Tee was disrespectful and rude and distracting.

Oh Lordy. Guess what?! I'm a HOMESCHOOL MOM. Lol.

Still in the midst of homeschooling too.

I really do know how to act in public. So do my kids. There's really no need to promote the idea that homeschoolers aren't socialized. In my experience homeschool moms are some of the most knowledgeable and capable people out there.

Sorry to take this off topic, everyone! Let's get back to Gannon!

I both can and have discounted the acid bath suggestion.

Completely discounted and dismissed it.

It isn't supported by any of the known facts of the case.

It's extremely far-fetched, implausible AND impractical, given what we know.

Obviously, googling "acid drum murder" will bring up past cases.

That doesn't make it a viable scenario here.

It isn't.

JMO.
At least you stated your viewpoint respectfully which is how disagreeing with someone's theory should be done. On page 1 of every thread it states by mod: No rudeness or personalizing, no name calling or ridiculing other members for their opinion.

Maybe for anyone not on an immune suppressant,or any one without a compromised immune system, or anyone who not elderly. Watching cough into her hand just made me cringe. That incubator coughed into her hand. ( My drive into Northgate for my immune suppressant yesterday was eerie. I-5 Was pretty much free,and clear the whole way from Kent,and back) because of COVID 19. So to see someone so disrespful,and dismissive of how this pandemic gets spread has me rightfully shocked,and angered. MOO
I mean, she could’ve just taken a sip of water and choked on it. Happens to me all the time. I think it’s unfair to judge someone based on a tiny moment of time you just see on tv, without knowing any facts of the matter.

I don't know about the timeline you have - but as far as tracking, all of that information provided by the different means of GPS will give things such as time, location (some are so good that they can pinpoint exactly where you're standing, others get you in the area), elevation, and then the amount of time in that area.

If you have an iPhone, there's actually a way in the menu (can't recall the exact steps right now) that will show you everywhere you've been recently, with timestamps, and a radius of the area you're in. If the signal strength is good, the radius will be small. If the signal strength is weak, it'll show a larger radius.
If the device is off, it cannot transmit or receive GPS data. Likewise, at least on Apple devices, turning off Location Services disables GPS tracking capability to a large extent. Turning that off carries over to any connected devices such as watches. That doesn’t mean there’s no way to track the device, though, and turning off GPS doesn’t affect emergency calls, so some capability still exists. The device can also be tracked by IP address if it’s connected to wireless, by Bluetooth connections, and by cellular when it pings local towers. I don’t know how any of that information is stored though, or how it can be accessed.

I know. But the first thing that popped into my mind was "I sure hope the jury isn't watching". The joking strikes me as a kind of way to get on a good vibe with the judge and jury, but since I watch only about 2 murder trials a year, maybe it's just what happens these days and is normal.

The Trayvon Martin trial was as serious as it could be, I don't remember the same vibe as I've been seeing lately.
these attorneys did nothing inappropriate. I think that without more info released in the case people are reaching for something to be outraged about. The attorneys were friendly, courteous and businesslike. These attorneys have a working relationship with the judges as they probably deal with them almost daily. This was not a trial, this was a hearing to figure out logistics between the judge, prosecutor, and themselves, like a meeting.

I have seen way too many trials to count. And there are many moments in every single one, where judges, prosecutors and defense attorneys do actually crack jokes and have funny bloopers and moments.

these two attorneys in this case did not crack jokes or have any type of “jovial” moments. They smiled, were polite, and professional.

this has been discussed ad nauseam at this point, and I don’t understand why. The purpose of this thread is to discuss facts of the case, not to create theories of a look that TS made, or a guard, or attorneys smiling, or gossiping about TS family, and appearance, or an attorney coughing.

JMHO

Posted 16 minutes ago:
“Lots of questions about #LeteciaStauch lime green jumpsuit she wore yesterday. Here's what the sheriff's office tells me:

They will not talk specifically about what classification Letecia falls under, but here is what it means in general terms--
This is called a Transition jumpsuit and is designed to provide quick identification so staff may provide an extra layer of observation over them. When an inmate who is in custody is cleared by mental health from suicide precautions, they are dressed into this jumpsuit for easy identification of the status. The use of the teal/lime green jumpsuit is a safety measure to ensure staff is aware that this inmate has a resent [sic] self-harming history and should be monitored and observed a little more closely. Inmates who are on transition, transitioning from a thick green or tan safety smock to a jumpsuit. When they are placed in teal/lime green jumpsuit they will typically get re-housed in a specific ward pending further review by mental health. However, we will also dress inmates who are on safety precautions, from their normal attire of a thick green or tan smock, into a teal/lime green jumpsuit for their court appearance in an effort to help protect their privacy of their current mental health status. Once they return from court they are then placed back into their original safety smock.” (BBM)
Ashley Franco

That fits.
MOO she was allowed to appear in court in the lime green jump suit instead of the suicide smock.
When inmates wear anti suicide smocks they are naked underneath because underwear is easily used for self harm.
MOO appearing in court naked except for basically two thick mats sewn into a pocket with holes for head and arms would be avoided where possible.
It makes sense to me that the custody officers and jail psychologist allow the accused to appear in court in a regular transition jumpsuit whenever possible.

MOO the lime green transition suit also explains procedurally why her custody sheriff had 100% eyes on her.
MOO he was on max suicide watch while she was out of the suicide smock.
All to say, MOO she is actively suicidal at this point.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree that this thinking is how the real world works, but she’s innocent until proven guilty. I wouldn’t give a flip who was sitting in that row supporting her. If they believe she’s innocent, then that’s what they believe. They are entitled to that belief and to support her if they believe it. I might be inclined to consider them deluded or flat out blind, but I wouldn’t think less of a person who is there to support their family or friend. God forbid I am ever in TS’s place...I would want my family there believing I am innocent.

Unfortunately, so many people on SM have hunted down many in TS family and threatened and harassed them even going through her friends groups on FB and leaving horrendous comments on their pages. I’ve seen it myself in groups. So yeah, I can see them trying to keep a distance for their own safety until things calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member