Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does one do when a good friend is absolutely not stocking a damn thing because he 'lives in the now' 'one day at a time'...I do not have the resources to throw into providing for him...it is so very frustrating to see people you live just being in some sort of denial...

University of Toronto, York University, Ryerson move classes online in response to COVID-19
All three universities made the announcement on Friday, each citing the health and safety of staff and students over the COVID-19 outbreak.

“The situation is now accelerating very rapidly,” University of Toronto president Meric Gertler said in a statement.

“We have decided to cancel all in-person undergraduate and research-stream masters and doctoral courses across U of T’s three campuses, and we will provide that teaching by other means,” Gertler said.

CDC WORSE CASE SCENARIO....if no actions taken to slow transmission. THEY KNEW THIS LAST MONTH...

Between 160 million and 214 million people in the U.S. could be infected over the course of the epidemic, according to one projection. That could last months or even over a year, with infections concentrated in shorter periods, staggered across time in different communities, experts said. As many as 200,000 to 1.7 million people could die.

And, the calculations based on the C.D.C.’s scenarios suggested, 2.4 million to 21 million people in the U.S. could require hospitalization, potentially crushing the nation’s medical system, which has
only about 925,000 staffed hospital beds. Fewer than a tenth of those are for people who are critically ill.

Worst-Case Estimates for U.S. Coronavirus Deaths

I become more angry by the minute. More America's will feel this way as this thing accelerates. We still have a lot of folks who don't understand the severity or intensity of the situation.

If the government doesn't step in immediately we will see our country change forever. It will become each person for themselves.We will see martial law.

IMOO....

My daughter just texted me that the entire New York City public school system is shutting down.

Her one roommate works at a hospital and the other isn’t taking the precautions seriously.
She’s leaving town and coming to the suburbs and can tele-work.

Then my husband just came in and said our local schools are closing down today, and we don’t even have a confirmed infection in our entire county yet.

Well, we can't...ain't got no test kits, PPE, the government's afraid to lock down the borders, Governors won't close school, and we have no numbers of those infection or actual deaths.

God help us!!!!

Imoo

@Simply Southern, what is the source of your information? Do you have a regional public health infrastructure that is reporting to the public? It might be helpful to try to access information from a reliable medical front runner. The media is somewhat helpful, but the real medical resources are better. You might find it calming to have good information about what you can do to prevent getting sick, what to do if you get sick, and how to take care of your loved ones. That way you can be empowered and you don't need to rely on the government quite so much.

Whitmer bans gatherings larger than 250 people to prevent spread of COVID-19

Lansing — Gov. Gretchen Whitmer issued an executive order Friday prohibiting all events with more than 250 people in attendance through April 5 in a bid to stem the spread of coronavirus in Michigan.

The order also officially closes K-12 schools through April 5, an initiative Whitmer announced Thursday night...

This flu is becoming a PITA for me personally.

I may have to cover 2 mortgage payments for a few months, plus more, as people in my family have been laid off, and they pretty much work paycheck to paycheck, as most of us do.

No mo shoes for Mickey.:oops:

what does one do when a good friend is absolutely not stocking a damn thing because he 'lives in the now' 'one day at a time'...I do not have the resources to throw into providing for him...it is so very frustrating to see people you live just being in some sort of denial...

You are not alone. I have a husband just like that, even makes fun of the stories. I jokingly sent him an email that offered a free room in Atlantic City (we hardly ever go) and he said “Yes let’s do it!”

Now I am going to hide the toilet paper on him ... and the chocolate.

I become more angry by the minute. More America's will feel this way as this thing accelerates. We still have a lot of folks who don't understand the severity or intensity of the situation.

If the government doesn't step in immediately we will see our country change forever. It will become each person for themselves.We will see martial law.

IMOO....
I'm more optimistic today than I've been in awhile with efforts from the private sector. Americans do not give up. We will survive this. People are listening to the experts like Scott Gottlieb. Go follow the doctors on twitter and turn off the tv....IMO

Phone trees are an old phenomenon. Can you set up some sort of round robin so everyone gets a call or two every day? I had a friend who worked in a call center for mail order and she used to say that there were some obviously older people who would prolong the call just to be talking to a human being for a while. The call center didn't like it but she always gave them as much time as they wanted.

This is a great idea. We already have a telephone prayer chain, so that gives us a starting point. I'm going to grow this idea. Thank you for the seed.

Uh yeah, do not flee to the Colorado mountains. Our high county has more cases than anywhere else in the state right now. The high altitude will exacerbate any respiratory condition and health care facilities in the mountains are very limited and spread out. I can't think of a worse place to be if you're at risk.

“A test of our Colorado character”: High country will be hardest hit by coronavirus, governor warns

Yes, that was the point of the post. Hoping that anyone who was thinking about heading there had seen this information. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member