Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what RD released and his comments were designed by LE. I don’t believe he leaked or media leaked anything that wasn’t LE approved. They wanted LS to react. She certainly spiraled after that....

Not only does RD across to me as a decent man but also a GOOD man. In his eyes, I saw deep pain and sorrow. May God/Higher Power or whatever-floats-your-boat bless him and his for countless generations.

I can so totally see him “taking one for the team” as directed by LE to rattle that female person’s little world.

He's not a suspect or anything close and my post was to show a progression from what was hailed as a good deed into something that had a completely different motive. IMO RD's intentions are honorable. I can find no reason to question his character or statements. JMO
Yes, I understand. I just haven't noticed such a progression that people are now questioning his motives to such an extreme. I think most people following the case appreciated what he said.
When he first appeared in his interview I think some wondered why he would discuss the case since it was on the same night that LE had asked the news networks not to reveal the video footage. Usually LE asks all witnesses not talk to the media about the investigation.

His intentions were good, I think some just feel like he shouldn't have talked about the evidence at a crucial time in the investigation. I'm sure there are plenty of people LE interviewed and they haven't talked about the case.

I don't know about the babysitter but she was probably asked not to talk as well. The problem with witnesses talking to the media is that sometimes what they say is not completely accurate. In the Watts case, the neighbor who caught him on camera loading up the bodies in the truck later admitted he "embellished" the truth when he spoke about them arguing all the time.

I'm not saying that's what RD did but I can understand how some might be skeptical. It's normal for people to enjoy being the one to tell everyone they discovered a break in the case. But with the way reporters are today, it's hard to trust everything they say.

Imo

As far as the neighbour goes, LE would no doubt use him, and use his video to gauge a response from LS.
For context. Familiarise yourself with the Heidi Broussard case and then go back and watch her husbands interviews. He and LE knew early on what had happened to Heidi, and her husband was used to get messages to the friend essentially. So many people thought it was guilty of doing something to Heidi and the baby, but when you know the facts you see he was innocent. I believe that LE has done the same thing here with RD. I don't think it's fair or productive to think that RD had any other motives other than to assist in this case.

Honestly if this was me I would want to share what I saw or know in the explicit interest of helping this family bring home their loved one! I would be in a state of shock and want every one to know what I saw so that what I saw would help those that are hurting.IMO

Yes, I understand. I just haven't noticed such a progression that people are now questioning his motives to such an extreme. I think most people following the case appreciated what he said.
When he first appeared in his interview I think some wondered why he would discuss the case since it was on the same night that LE had asked the news networks not to reveal the video footage. Usually LE asks all witnesses not talk to the media about the investigation.

His intentions were good, I think some just feel like he shouldn't have talked about the evidence at a crucial time in the investigation. I'm sure there are plenty of people LE interviewed and they haven't talked about the case.

I don't know about the babysitter but she was probably asked not to talk as well. The problem with witnesses talking to the media is that sometimes what they say is not completely accurate. In the Watts case, the neighbor who caught him on camera loading up the bodies in the truck later admitted he "embellished" the truth when he spoke about them arguing all the time.

I'm not saying that's what RD did but I can understand how some might be skeptical. It's normal for people to enjoy being the one to tell everyone they discovered a break in the case. But with the way reporters are today, it's hard to trust everything they say.

Imo

I've just spent too many pages reading about his supposed motive, his conflicting statements and so on. I'm hoping RD's handling of the situation is seen as him just being himself. And it appears many other posters on here feel the same. I'm thankful he found that video.

Okay I have done the best I could on these maps. They are not perfect but I am not very techie. I don't live in the area and they helped me alot. I added the new search area and made a map that shows all of the physical locations that are on the witness list from Colorado Springs. Hope this helps someone else :)

Attachments

• gannonmap2.jpg
    gannonmap2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 414
  • GannonWitnessLocations.jpg
    GannonWitnessLocations.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 379
Okay I have done the best I could on these maps. They are not perfect but I am not very techie. I don't live in the area and they helped me alot. I added the new search area and made a map that shows all of the physical locations that are on the witness list from Colorado Springs. Hope this helps someone else :)
Magnificent work. Well done.

very nice job.

So the
so the water sanitation area overlaps the marksheffel road drone area. I feel this is the area to search? Thoughts?

Great job!

Well, yes "we" have - just not in sources that we can discuss here.

SM is as real, to a court or to an attorney, as MSM or what we write here on WS. It's all discoverable.

Witnesses should do what they, themselves, believe to be right. No one should make ethical decisions based on hypothetical legal situations. We'd all be struck dumb and might as well be zombies.

There are tons of cases where witnesses spoke to many others before speaking to LE. And often, there are (good) reasons for that.

To be clear, I don't have a problem with anyone talking to friends, coworkers, neighbors, family, etc before going to LE about any matter. People may seek the input of others when unsure about a course of action. That's often a natural thing to do, in my opinion. If RD did that, fine.

If there is a potential criminal matter looming though, I don't see how it helps to speak to the media after one has conveyed information to LE. I'm sure reporters pursue potential witnesses all the time. Reporters pursue all kinds of people involved in high profile cases all the time. But providing comments to those pursuing reporters usually isn't helpful. And I expect LE discourages witnesses from commenting.

Perhaps in this case, as some have suggested here on WS, the release of the blurry truck tape was sanctioned by LE. While loudly protesting the release of the tape, while lambasting the media for the damage that kind of premature information release could do to the case, while expressing some distress the tape was out there, while muzzling one media outlet but perhaps secretly collaborating with another...Maybe it was all an elaborate set-up to rattle a potential suspect and to increase public interest in the case (although that was already awfully high.) I don't personally believe that but I suppose that's not impossible.

But if I designed such a set-up, I'd have had RD be less vocal and more consistent in what he said to reporters about when and why he found the footage. I'd also not ask that he opine on whether GS looked drugged. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have him tell reporters what LE allegedly said or what AS allegedly said.

And if it was a set-up, who is to say the tape we saw wasn't just blurred and truncated with audio removed. Maybe it was doctored in other ways by LE? There are those odd shadows, after all. Photoshopping something or someone out perhaps?

I don't really believe that hypothesis. But once everything is seen through the lens of LE outting the tape while faking concern over its release, it's just a hop, skip, and a jump to more serious conspiracy theories. And I'm not sure that's helpful either.
JMO

I would be very interested in hearing or reading something from LE or lawyers who know the inner workings and their theories. Thoughts from them on if it’s typical to leak info for their advantage, to the public and how or if RD was asked to do interviews.

Just curious how all that works, Ms. Nosey Rosie here! :)

Do you find it interesting to know what goes on behind closed LE doors and just how it all works?

Not in just this case, but in general.

This is the PC that was held on Feb 4th. The day after we learned about the RD video. Watch at 12:09. Sergeant Mynatt’s face is very telling. This video was very important to the investigation. It turned the investigation and led to the hundreds of witnesses, 1,000 pages and led the way for LE over the next 4 weeks. It showed something in and of itself and it prompted others that were nearby to go back and look at their own videos, hours and maybe even days earlier, which may have resulted in some very important evidence. I personally am glad it was released because it led to the arrest of a vile perpetrator. I don’t care who is right or wrong here because it’s a moot point in my opinion as this video and it’s release is really freaking important to show GS never came home. If I may add another opinion sometimes boundaries need to be flexed in order for truth to be shown.

I still think it’s weird she took them hiking on those high cliffs the day before he died. I mean, how common was that? She doesn’t seem like the type that would want to drag 3 kids anywhere, much less on a hike in some remote mountainous area.

I have always thought that the “hike” had something to do with it. However the park she claims they went to is Garden of the Gods, which is in the middle of town. Colorado Springs sits at 7,000-8,000 ft depending on the part of town, which is pretty mountainous. There are several other parks in the middle of town with high cliffs (Palmer Park, Red Rock Canyon) too. IMO

I would be very interested in hearing or reading something from LE or lawyers who know the inner workings and their theories. Thoughts from them on if it’s typical to leak info for their advantage, to the public and how or if RD was asked to do interviews.

Just curious how all that works, Ms. Nosey Rosie here! :)

Do you find it interesting to know what goes on behind closed LE doors and just how it all works?

Not in just this case, but in general.

Yes. Perhaps, Dan May or someone like him will have time to write about those theories in the future. JMOO EBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire