The British Royal Family #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry reunites with Meghan Markle and baby Archie in Canada after final engagement as a senior working royal

Duke of Sussex has had an emotional reunion with his wife Meghan Markle and their baby boy Archie Harrison after he flew back to Canada after his final visit to the UK as a working royal. Prince Harry was spotted on a commercial flight with his security team, travelling to Victoria International Airport on Thursday, according to a fellow passenger on Twitter. The couple are now both back with their son after completing their final engagements as senior working members of the royal family earlier this week

shouldn't they have self-quarantined before seeing baby Archie?

Prince William and Kate Middleton won't attend St Patrick's Day military parade this year - details

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will not mark St Patrick's Day publicly with a military engagement, as they have done in previous years. Prince William and Kate traditionally attend a parade on the Sunday before 17 March and hand out shamrocks to army personnel, but HELLO! understands that the 1st Battalion Irish Guards are currently deployed in Iraq and South Sudan, so there was no plan to actually hold the event this year. William is Colonel of the Irish Guards, and the parade is an opportunity for all Irish Guards, serving, retired, or aspirational, to come together in celebration and honour their regimental and cultural traditions.

Princess Beatrice wedding: The unique way Bea could pay tribute to Sarah Ferguson

Among one of the details of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi’s wedding experts are speculating in regards to which tiara the young York will wear.

Grant Mobley, renowned jewellery expert and gemologist, believes there are three strong contenders when it comes to the tiara Princess Beatrice will likely wear on her nuptials.

And the strongest choice would see Princess Beatrice paying a unique tribute to her mother Sarah, also known as Fergie.

Mr Mobley told Express.co.uk: “The top contender for Princess Beatrice’s wedding day tiara is the York Tiara that her mother, Sarah Ferguson, wore on her own wedding day.”

I think if thats the local advice, they should follow it. Otherwise not. Its changing by the day tho, everywhere

I can't speak for other provinces but in Alberta, people who are being quarantined are being quarantined in the family home. Anyone who has been confirmed is simply being asked to stay in an isolated room and use a separate washroom if at all possible.

Those being encouraged to self isolate are simply being asked to stay away from the public.

Yep, I do living history from this time period. You sew two legs, and then add a waistband. Yep, "open drawers" work very well in "the necessary" (bathroom, 'loo'.) They do overlap in front & behind. I could take a picture and all you would see if fabric. I could, but I won't.

Wearing a hoop under your 10-yards-of-fabric-dress, well, makes the bathroom a challenge. Split drawers make that possible!

Going up or down stairs in that dress & hoop, well, the drawers aren't any help. One cannot see her feet on stairs. Try going up a flight of stairs with your eyes closed sometime. Hold the banister, please.

(BTW a properly fitted mid-century corset is comfortable. I have moved folding chairs, played catch, and churned ice cream wearing them. )

OT: COVID 19: adult son is already working remotely, and I will be office only -- no public contact -- until April. Relieved at the Laughing homestead, yup. Mr. Laughing is retired, not much change for him!

Laughing, I can't begin to imagine Victorian knickers. The corset, the hoops, the miles of fabric, but the knickers? No. Still can't fathom it. Crazy Victorians!

double post, so sorry!

images

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-14_16-20-19.jpeg
    upload_2020-3-14_16-20-19.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Yep, I do living history from this time period. You sew two legs, and then add a waistband. Yep, "open drawers" work very well in "the necessary" (bathroom, 'loo'.) They do overlap in front & behind. I could take a picture and all you would see if fabric. I could, but I won't.

Wearing a hoop under your 10-yards-of-fabric-dress, well, makes the bathroom a challenge. Split drawers make that possible!

Going up or down stairs in that dress & hoop, well, the drawers aren't any help. One cannot see her feet on stairs. Try going up a flight of stairs with your eyes closed sometime. Hold the banister, please.

(BTW a properly fitted mid-century corset is comfortable. I have moved folding chairs, played catch, and churned ice cream wearing them. )

OT: COVID 19: adult son is already working remotely, and I will be office only -- no public contact -- until April. Relieved at the Laughing homestead, yup. Mr. Laughing is retired, not much change for him!

756CB614-0BE3-4B5B-A577-6DFFC7ED6A68.jpeg

Summer Cotton Bloomers - White

They still make bloomers. I love the look! The length just below the knee is very nice, too.

I had a vintage set of summer Victorian bloomers and a matching sleeveless undergarment blouse (not a corset) back in the day.

I sewed up the crotch and the set made for awesome summer wear... ok, it was the 80’s...

I think my set was from the late 1800’s. The quality of the cotton was exquisite, really dense thread count but light as a feather. :)

View attachment 238504

Summer Cotton Bloomers - White

They still make bloomers. I love the look! The length just below the knee is very nice, too.

I had a vintage set of summer Victorian bloomers and a matching sleeveless undergarment blouse (not a corset) back in the day.

I sewed up the crotch and the set made for awesome summer wear... ok, it was the 80’s...

I think my set was from the late 1800’s. The quality of the cotton was exquisite, really dense thread count but light as a feather. :)

1AE844BC-34D7-4B02-9C1B-CBA2643B1554.jpeg
https://www.netflixmovies.com/pretty-baby-1978

Adding to my bloomer post!

The period piece movie Pretty Baby is set in New Orleans and is visually gorgeous. Imo. It shows off some of the more exquisite and delicate Victorian vintage undergarments worn in brothels! :eek:

shouldn't they have self-quarantined before seeing baby Archie?

Local advice is this: "Effective today, anyone who chooses to travel outside of Canada will be asked to stay away from work or school for 14 days upon their return. We know that this is a voluntary measure, but it is our expectation that people will follow this direction as part of their civic duty." This was only announced by our health ministry on Thursday so Harry was likely in transit.

Province of British Columbia News Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members