Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think back then they were referring to Abbott???
I'm guessing that Martin Parish is one and the same??? Otherwise its a very small world???
Smaller than a small world Slouth, more like a village. All the locals appear to be in one way or another, connected. That’s usually how it works in a village environment. That being said I have no doubt that rumours about what happened to William would have circulated amongst the locals very early on in the peace. All the information that’s come to light of late doesn’t surprise me at all. Each local seems to have their own little story to tell. Put all the little pieces together and the only thing I am surprised about is that fact that the police have not been able to get a solid confession. What I’m trying to figure out is why so much time was invested into Paul Savage with no creditable witnesses to back it up and with FA their are witnesses practically lining up one after the other with story after story linking him to the disappearance. If FA was questioned by the task force was he questioned with the same kind of interrogation as PS. That kind of interrogation would be enough to break anyone. I’m trying to look at this case fact by fact but things still don’t seem to add up the way they should. Just how deep some of these “connections” are still intrigues me

What gets up my goat is that MP suggests indirectly on the stand that knowing FA’s past and with him being a pastor well that strikes out judgement on his part but as a pastor and a stand out religious figure in a small community did he not think that the right thing to do would be to disclose information about Abbott’s past to the family with 2 little girls living next door to FA. Shame on DP. It’s nice to know he was able to keep an eye on the goings on inside his church but didn’t think it just as important to look after thy neighbour. Obviously not

More and more curious, why would Martin Parish tell FA his brother is a pathological liar.
Has the brother told FA something about Martin, he seems keen to stay friendly with FA.
How many communities just like this community would there be in Australia I wonder. The thought is frightening. For all those who are connected to FA knowing the filth of his past speaks volumes doesn’t it

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

The court heard Mr Parish appealed to the parishioners for help finding Abbott somewhere to live while he was in bail. Geoff Owen volunteered to let him live in his caravan in Logan’s Crossing. The court heard Mr Parish also went to his bail hearing in support of him.

sounding eerily similar to Brett Cowan helped out by the church taken in by his relatives a pastor of the church. Such a fine line in helping the needy and helping those of continued risk to the community...

More and more curious, why would Martin Parish tell FA his brother is a pathological liar.
Has the brother told FA something about Martin, he seems keen to stay friendly with FA.

This is all I could find out about his brother. Nothing to do with this or his brother's comments of course, but a bit of background and a reason for the presence of several buses on the property, I suppose.

NoCookies | The Australian

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...ml?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Mr Parish said his relationship with Abbott was based on "protecting his flock".
He did not report the allegations against Abbott to the church, the court heard, saying that adults in the church were constantly monitored.
"We’ve always had a practice that, if there’s children in our services, there's always eyes on the children. [It] goes without saying. We certainly go out of our way to, in the sense of when we're together as a community, we’re monitoring. If there’s a child, there’s always a set of eyes," he insisted.

Too much creep in this to even try and analyse. And “mitigating evidence” in the abuse of children? What? :mad:
And does anyone know what time frame these abuses occurred? Was it recent or historical cases?
Parish, Abbott and Abbott’s old name of Francis Friar... Why assist this particular member of your “flock” to assist to get bail, a paedo, and then not tell any of your other “flock” about it? Certainly not someone I would like keeping a set of eyes on my kids.
Edit link

Last edited:
could you please elaborate :) thanks

It was tongue in cheek comment, related to testimony from a witness at the inquest.

"Ms Rowley told the court another local man, Iris Northam’s husband, came into her shop and said Abbott was upset because he’d driven a “woman and a little boy” to Tamworth and hadn’t been paid. Mr Northam told her he was concerned it was “related to William Tyrrell”.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...iam-tyrrell-inquest-told-20200316-p54anw.html

Mr Parish said his relationship with Abbott was based on "protecting his flock".
He did not report the allegations against Abbott to the church, the court heard, saying that adults in the church were constantly monitored.
"We’ve always had a practice that, if there’s children in our services, there's always eyes on the children. [It] goes without saying. We certainly go out of our way to, in the sense of when we're together as a community, we’re monitoring. If there’s a child, there’s always a set of eyes," he insisted.

Too much creep in this to even try and analyse. And “mitigating evidence” in the abuse of children? What? :mad:
And does anyone know what time frame these abuses occurred? Was it recent or historical cases?
Parish, Abbott and Abbott’s old name of Francis Friar... Why assist this particular member of your “flock” to assist to get bail, a paedo, and then not tell any of your other “flock” about it? Certainly not someone I would like keeping a set of eyes on my kids.
MP’s seeming protection of FA is truly disgusting. It’s this type of secrecy and protection that led to the decades of abuse in the churches.. the Royal Commission has been full of such stories. When a sexual abuser’s actions are minimised or justified, the abuser is effectively supported to continue the abuse. And the enabler is just as responsible. It’s deplorable behaviour. IMO

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...iam-tyrrell-inquest-told-20200316-p54anw.html

From your link .... it sounds as if Abbott may now have legal representation.

"Abbott's solicitor told Mr Parish that Abbott was a person of interest in William's disappearance because of his criminal charges, the court heard."

MP’s seeming protection of FA is truly disgusting. It’s this type of secrecy and protection that led to the decades of abuse in the churches.. the Royal Commission has been full of such stories. When a sexual abuser’s actions are minimised or justified, the abuser is effectively supported to continue the abuse. And the enabler is just as responsible. It’s deplorable behaviour. IMO
100%. Absolutely vile. And particularly vile in this instance. The amount of secrets being kept from many people here is disturbing. And you’re right enabling future crimes to occur and possibly recruiting other people to help him out making out like he’s a needy senior citizen when it couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s sick.

Parish, Abbott and Abbott’s old name of Francis Friar... Why assist this particular member of your “flock” to assist to get bail, a paedo, and then not tell any of your other “flock” about it? Certainly not someone I would like keeping a set of eyes on my

so MP thinks he’s little BoPeep now. If you read between the lines you can clearly see the word cult written right through it

From your link .... it sounds as if Abbott may now have legal representation.

"Abbott's solicitor told Mr Parish that Abbott was a person of interest in William's disappearance because of his criminal charges, the court heard."
Indeed SA. Because of his criminal charges and possibly because of the multiple witnesses giving evidence and police statements of things he’s said about William? o_O

100%. Absolutely vile. And particularly vile in this instance. The amount of secrets being kept from many people here is disturbing. And you’re right enabling future crimes to occur and possibly recruiting other people to help him out making out like he’s a needy senior citizen when it couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s sick.
Thanks for the link Parak. Your comment just about sums it up perfectly.

that makes sense, he says the furthest place from Benaroon Drive. Could be all a lie.
PrimeSuspect,

Do you mean that FA said "the furthest place from Benaroon Drive", or was it someone else? Where did you see or hear it? Thanks!

We heard from TJ that his neighbors (Mickey Blue Eyes - related to Abbott) used a chainsaw on occasion.... and then I read an article that mentioned them having a Firewood Business .... but I don't think they would have a shop front for that??
SLouTh,

Who are you saying had the firewood business: FA's son-in-law? or other neighbours of TJ? Which article are you referring to? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member