Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading an article behind a paywall (The Telegraph) and may have stumbled on to the reason the Parish brothers don't get on ....??

It states that in 2015 Abbott was charged with a sexual offence against a child at the minister's relative’s home and was refused bail.

Last edited:
I think he may have retired from being a Pastor with the Baptist Church to open his own Chapel.....(known in church circles as a breakaway group)

Martin Parish, a former youth worker turned prison chaplain and then religious leader in the tiny town of Herons Creek

://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/police-courts/priest-backed-paedophile-frank-abbott-in-court-twice-william-tyrrell-inquest-hears/news-story/68d00b578d64a6e1681e4e80cd41aae6
SLouTh,

I can't see the Telegraph, sorry. Does it say which prison Mr P worked in as chaplain? Ta.

SLouTh,

Who are you saying had the firewood business: FA's son-in-law? or other neighbours of TJ? Which article are you referring to? Thanks!
Hi Stormbird,
FA's son in law ..... it was the last 2 lines of an article last week (Paywalled)... when Jones was testifying... it made sense of the Chainsaw remark Jones made about the neighbors ....

Thanks for the link Parak. Your comment just about sums it up perfectly.
All good. I just want to know what allows people to sleep at night that remain friends and supporters of people, sorry cancel that scum, convicted of crimes against children. ( not to mention the other acquittal) Give them jobs, friendship, find them accomodation, possible cars and lifts to get places, invite them into groups where there’s children, provide counselling and guidance? It’s can’t be because they believe they’re doing gods work. I’m sorry. I don’t buy it. Either you’re scum yourself or you’ve been sucked in by the psychopath. JMOO, my 2 cents and wtf ramblings. There’s is no protection of the community just exposure. And possibly (likely) with a seriously tragic outcome. Not giving up hope yet though because good outweighs evil

SLouTh,

I can't see the Telegraph, sorry. Does it say which prison Mr P worked in as chaplain? Ta.
No sadly it doesn't Stormbird.... I also wondered that.... But it sort of helped me understand his strange relationship with Abbott.... That he was a prison chaplain...

I was just reading an article behind a paywall (The Telegraph) and may have stumbled on to the reason the Parish brothers don't get on ....

It states that in 2015 Abbott was charged with a sexual offence against a child at the minister's relative’s home and was refused bail.
Continuing on ...... with paraphrasing the article....

One of the reasons that Abbott was unable to attend Church Services in 2014, was that he was out on bail for another child sex offence ..... and it was a condition of his bail .....

Martin Parish stated that he continued to "drop in" to see him at the caravan or drive him around the town, he told the court.

I was just reading an article behind a paywall (The Telegraph) and may have stumbled on to the reason the Parish brothers don't get on ....

DBM

Last edited:
From your link .... it sounds as if Abbott may now have legal representation.

"Abbott's solicitor told Mr Parish that Abbott was a person of interest in William's disappearance because of his criminal charges, the court heard."

I thought MP meant the solicitor that was defending him in the case/s that resulted in him getting 16 years.

Last edited:
I’ve held back on commenting over the last few days because I was absorbing all this new information that was brought to light at the inquest. I’ve been trying to get my head around all the witnesses who gave testimonies this week some of which gave startling information about Abbott revealing his twisted personality and wicked ways. What I’m still trying to figure out is whether or not these witnesses have come forth prior to this inquest and provided police with statements and if so were their statements followed up by police and investigators on this case? Can anyone provide any info regarding the nannies testimony and whether or not her information was given at an earlier date and if that information was followed through by investigators. I also find the fact that some of these witnesses claimed to have known Abbott’s past and yet remained friends with him over the years despite their suspicions. In fact I find that really odd.

Hi 74, I’m not @100% sure what you’re asking but I think you may be asking ‘has this stuff that’s come out at inquest been reported previously, and has it been investigated . Please tell me if I’ve got it wrong.
But I’ll just provide IMO that all this must’ve been previously reported for it to come out at the Inquest, and I’d flipp’en well expect it’s been investigated - hence even why perhaps it’s inclusion.

If perhaps you’re referring to fact of ‘did we / was it public’ prior to now - I don’t lose sleep over that. I expect there’ll be much more to come out & I’d lose more sleep if I thought only what’s public knowledge would be presented. ..imo that would be a total waste of time & resources.
God Bless that little Boy William & all his family

That’s exactly how pedopiles keep their victims quiet. They threaten to harm their families to keep the secret.

100% agree TGL. .. but are we dealing with the perpetrator or one who wants to ‘grandiose’ himself. .

Can anyone please provide details of when FA was first charged with the offence he’s now in jail for / when it was said to occur / they occur should I say, as it was against 3 boys am I correct ?
Was it repeated over a period of time or 1 offence against each ?

Sorry Blues just to confirm Amy is the babysitter? Their is a report by Caroline Overington that mentions Williams song being played by the girl who visited that day back in 2018. So if Amy was the nanny and the nanny didn’t find out this information about William until 2018 how did she report it to police in 2017? I’m confused sorry
Huh - now I’m confused. Tanya is daughter of Amy who was apparently looking after the boys briefly in 2018 when this was divulged to Tanya (who subsequently told her Mum)
How did the 2917 report come into it ?
All IMO ..

It refers to Daniela and Martin Parish who owned the Laurieton Cafe.. is that a different MP? Strange coincidence! ....

.... I'm guessing that Martin Parish is one and the same??? Otherwise its a very small world???

I'm guessing a different Martin, perhaps related. I looked up a possible address for the Laurieton cafe one, it wasn't in Kendall or Herons Creek/Logans Crossing. (And as someone already pointed out, the wives' names are different.)

Yes, not the same Martin.

"Husband and wife Daniela and Martin Parish, who owned Laurieton's Cafe Buzz, will be called as well as two mystery women, listed only by the pseudonyms of "Amy" and "Tanya"."

William Tyrrell inquest hears more on likely abductor
My guess is that the reporter wrote incorrect information at the time.. perhaps she got a list of names and then sleuthed or whatever,.... like someone else said, what are the chances... so my guess is that the list said 'Daniel' Parish (as opposed to Daniela), and that it was Martin Parish the pastor, and Daniel Parish his brother, who were on the list scheduled to testify for tranche#2, and not a Parish possibly related to 'Buzz Cafe'. Predicting we might hear from 'Daniel Parish' Tuesday, but just a guess. imo.

I saw this awhile back but judged it sensationalism in its heading - as far as I know you are not ‘arrested’ via ‘questioning’; it happens when told ‘you’re under arrest for..’ MOO
I think police can take people into their custody for questioning, and I think arrested only means 'held'.. I think 'charged' is another thing. But yes.. definitely sensationalism to make it sound like it was more than it was. imo.

100% agree TGL. .. but are we dealing with the perpetrator or one who wants to ‘grandiose’ himself. .

Can anyone please provide details of when FA was first charged with the offence he’s now in jail for / when it was said to occur / they occur should I say, as it was against 3 boys am I correct ?
I don't have details of dates, however it seems FA was convicted of sex assault against 2 boys and 1 girl, according to this MSM article:

"Abbott was acquitted of the charges in relation to the eight-year-old girl, but was subsequently charged with the sexual abuse of two boys and a girl, the inquest heard.

He is serving a 16-year prison term in relation to the abuse of those three children."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...iam-tyrrell-inquest-told-20200316-p54anw.html

From a paywalled article so I have paraphrased

In 2017 Abbott found himself behind bars again — this time charged with sexual offences on other children. I believe from another article that it was 2 boys and a girl (and that another charge against another girl child was dropped ....)

This time it went to trial and he was found guilty.

No further info is available about the actual offences ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken