Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, right after the first tranche of the inquest. A dying man's confession?

I wonder if this applies in NSW ....
A deathbed confession can be admissible evidence in court under the right circumstances. If someone confesses knowledge of a crime and then dies or their condition worsens, the law does not consider the statement to be hearsay and can be used in a criminal trial.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathbed_confession
How long did the first tranche of the inquest last? I can't remember?

would the marshy area where fm thought she heard a sharp cry be on the same route to the school if someone was on foot?
maybe little williams asthma may have turned out a blessing for him if it spared him the absolute horror:(
How are we to believe that a 75 year old man (would he have been 70 at the time W disappeared? Still quite old to be lugging a toddler that distance presumably against his will) could've stolen W and walked with him all the way to the school in Kendall, with allllllll of those people out and about on that morning at approximately the time he disappeared, and yet nobody saw or heard a thing?

How are we to believe that a 75 year old man (would he have been 70 at the time W disappeared? Still quite old to be lugging a toddler that distance presumably against his will) could've stolen W and walked with him all the way to the school in Kendall, with allllllll of those people out and about on that morning at approximately the time he disappeared, and yet nobody saw or heard a thing?
Agree, unless a vehicle was involved i doubt WT was taken on foot, IMO.
And the dog only scented to the driveway of FGM's apparently.

This is becoming like a Dennis Ferguson situation, in 1987 he kidnapped 2 little boys and a girl (children of a fellow inmate he met in Long Bay jail) and with his male lover, Brookes, flew from Sydney to Brisbane. They moved the children from place to place in Brisbane and were finally arrested at a Motel in Ascot.
Ferguson was the most hated man in Australia, an absolute horrible piece of filth!! TG, he's dead!

So my mum who lives in the area called me a few days ago after seeing FA on the news. She doesn't watch much TV and they were reporting on FA and the inquest. She was in shock and sick at what she has seen reported on him.

She manged a few rental properties (on behalf of the owners) about 12 years ago and FA used to do the maintenance jobs such as lawn mowing, fixing the fences and other jobs. I had no idea of this until late last week.

He would hitch hike from his residence at the time all the way to these jobs which was a good distance away.

It is interesting as she described him as polite, hard working and kind back then. She worked closely with him on many occasions on the properties, even making him lunch and sitting down for friendly chat with both he and the owners of the properties.

She said that he was just always so polite and helpful, so punctual and work proud.

She said she used to give him a lift part way home as well (when she would be returning back to town) she would drop him off about 20km up the road where he would hitch back home.

Now I am seeing all these news updates about the murder he was acquitted of 30 years ago. I simply cannot believe my mum drove in a car with him on several occasions through areas surrounded by bush. She is so lucky. That is all I am saying.

I wont go into detail of all the things she has told me (even though they are unrelated to William) due to the ongoing William investigation as well as not wanting to breach any TOS here.

My mum feels utterly betrayed after I filled her in on everything about FA and his convictions and what is currently being reported. She gave this man so much work and referred him for so many other jobs to other people to give him a go. All the time she had no idea of the trial back 30 years ago and now his current conviction.

I feel incredibly lucky that mum is still here after being so kind to help a man out, not knowing his apparent true personality. Especially after reading Lia's two tweets below.

Just shows, you never really know someone.
(No links provided, Admin delete if not allowed)

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
3h

The court heard Abbott once threatened Mr Parish with a machete while he was living on their property. Mr Parish told the court “we were trying to get him off the property and Frank was getting pretty angry about it”.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
3h

Replying to
@LiaJHarris
Mr Parish told the court Abbott threatened him during an argument, telling him he’d beaten a murder charge before and wasn’t afraid to go to jail. Claiming he said “I don’t care, I’ll go to jail, I’ll get three square meals a day”. He told the court he was scared of him.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

The court heard Ray Porter told Ms Okpegbue he kept “having visitors” at the nursing home. He then told her “I didn’t do anything wrong.. all I did was give my best mate and a boy a lift”. He told her she has a face he could trust.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

The court heard he then told her he was referring to “the boy that went missing down in Kendall”. She asked him “are you talking about William Tyrrell?” And he said “yes”.
I actually want to cry...

@mussopossum Omg, your poor mum taken in by this man! He's another Brett Cowan, they're super friendly and obliging but are monsters, evil to the core! Hard to take in all this information today so you and your mum must be floored by it all!

I cant believe it as I have been watching this case since 2014 and to know that my mum crossed paths this way with a POI such as FA... just speechless.

At least 1 hr before search ramped up..how long to walk that distance

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

The man told the court he once asked Abbott about the murder charge he was acquitted of and Abbott told him “a couple of mates borrowed my car... took this girl for a drive.. and she had an epileptic fit and died and 20 years later he’s been charged with this murder”.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

The man told the court he thought it was “rubbish”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer