Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are yalls thoughts? Some people in my small rural town/ county are wanting to do like Dare County and block access for tourists who are flooding here and depleting our one grocery store. Some people think it’s a horrible idea that they are adamantly against. The closest hospitals are small and 45 minutes to an hour away

In China, citizens in various neighborhoods blocked streets so no one could get in (or out).

IMO, I want to shop and pick out my groceries myself. I buy fresh, and don't want the old, wilted, brown etc produce. Or the next day expired date on dairy products, meat and even salad dressing. I use to just pick from the shelf until I realized that the salad dressing I bought last month was already expired. Big box stores are notorious about having close to expire dates.

MOO

I hit my critical point last night and had a complete meltdown, bawling and squeaking out some truths to someone in my household.

I seriously don't know how you've all been holding it together as you're working so hard to keep the updates flowing.

I'm working extra hard today on being kind. I have to run out and work. I had ZERO empathy left in my reserves when I went to bed last night. My prayer as I went to sleep last night was ,"God, give me enough sleep to be a nice person again."

I *think* I'm a bit calmer. Thanks to all of you for keeping us up to date!

I have already worn through the coating on my cellphone case because of hand sanitizer. Be sure it dries before picking something up with your hands.
I carry Lysol wipes and don't use the spray. This means I have contact with them in my hands a lot. So far (knock on wood) no issues. I like that they protect my hands from touching other people's stuff.

FYI: Be careful with Lysol and cats (maybe dogs too). I posted a link like a million threads ago.

I live in a rural place, no grocery stores in my zip code. Only one small, very small store within 15 miles of my location.
We have three towns in my county, the two smaller have no big stores either. When the next town over the county line had a WMT employee test positive & need to be airlifted, everyone from there congregated here, most still are driving the 12-15 mi, out of fear in their rural community, which has the most cases in my state.

Public service announcement. I overdid with spraying everything with lysol sanitizer. Accidentally sprayed something on my foot, got skin irritation (big red spot).
Be careful not to get it on yourself while spraying!
Ouch! I don’t have to worry about that because no hand sanitizer on the shelves here

In China, people in various neighborhoods blocked the streets so no one could get in (or out).

Ha! That’s an understatement.

Let me please elaborate to help further paint a picture for our new members joining us.

They piled up walls of rocks and had people guarding the entrances into their villages, towns, streets - they sealed people’s door from the outside with duct tape - they called the officials on each other -

Officials welded people’s doors closed.

They had guards at road checkpoints checking your temperatures

They went door to door and checked people’s temperatures and if you had a temp they dragged you off kicking and screaming and threw you in a big “box” in the back of the truck and took you to quarantine.

They released THIS MUST WATCH video if you didn’t obey quarantine orders:

Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #7 - Websleuths
Feb 28, 2020 · 20 posts · 11 authors
See 2:00 @ this video of Chinese SWAT sticking a net over a guy's head. Supposedly officials ...

Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #6 - Websleuths
Feb 24, 2020 · 20 posts · 9 authors
Coronavirus: Chinese police throw net over 'victim' in staged exercise. China has warned it will take ...

And that’s just the tip of the ice berg.

Last edited:
On the bright side, at least we don't have to worry about our pets contracting the virus or vice-versa.

*Prayers for those pets who died in China* :(
On top of all the other worrying I'm doing, I do worry a lot about my 2 cats and who would take care of them (and love them as much as I do) if DH and I both became really sick.

So, I decided that I will not become really sick! I hope the fates allow.

I did offer to my neighbors to take care of their new puppy and 3 cats if they ever have a need, and I'm able. I think it's a good way to reach out in some way.

I’m not going to read the article, but as I stated earlier the poor dog probably died from stress of being quarantined and tested on like a lab animal for weeks.

Someone please let me know if it has scientific/ updated info.

I’ve also mentioned the NY Post has a tendency to sensationalize throughout this ordeal and I take all their articles with a grain of salt, moo.

We’ve had official confirmation they don’t carry the virus. I’ll find that when I get a chance.

Last edited:
Public service announcement. I overdid with spraying everything with lysol sanitizer. Accidentally sprayed something on my foot, got skin irritation (big red spot).
Be careful not to get it on yourself while spraying!
Everyone needs to be very careful with all of these cleaners around pets. They leave residue on the floor, for instance, and animals lick their paws.

Our governor has put out a plea that all tourists stop coming to the Hawaiian islands. Vacations are not essential travel. (We appreciate that you want to come here and understand that you have probably worked hard and spent a lot of money to come, but most accommodations and airlines are refunding people. We welcome you with open arms once this health crisis is over )

Almost all of our cases are Tourists.

I’m not going to read the article, by as I stated earlier the poor dog probably died from stress of being quarantined and tested on for weeks.

I’ve also mentioned the NY Post has a tendency to sensationalize throughout this ordeal and I take all their articles with a grain of salt.

We’ve had official confirmation they don’t carry the virus. I’ll find that when I get a chance.
He was also 17. That's a lot for the dog. I think it's like a 100 in human years.

Trump: US, Canada agree to close border to ‘non-essential traffic’

TORONTO, ONT – The U.S. and Canada have agreed to temporarily close their shared border to nonessential travel, President Donald Trump announced Wednesday as the two nations work to stem the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

Both countries are eager to choke off the spread of the virus but also maintain their vital economic relationship. Canada relies on the U.S. for 75% of its exports...

U.S. and Canada agree to close border to ‘nonessential traffic,’ Trump says

Trump indicated that it was agreed upon by Canada and it will not affect trade between the two countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HairHawk