Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband was not too keen on me meeting up with you lovely folks to search. But weather is about to hit us today/tomorrow and it’s killing me to not go do so. I did look at google street view in the fountain ditch area. All is fenced off, except for a small portion where the ditch actually is. No trespassing signs are posted all along this fence and I don’t think we can access the ditch without permission from property owners.

edited to add that I need to go back and see if the drone footage was in this area or not.

I was up late looking through this area too. (On maps and satellite views, not irl! I'm in MN.) I noticed the fencing too. Imo, where Fountain Ditch meets Peaceful Valley Road is highly unlikely. Too many homes around with a view. The heavily wooded area to the west of that might be blocked by a fence, so I'm not sure a vehicle could pull in there. (@Feistyomi )

Where Fountain Ditch meets Squirrel Creek Road is more likely. There's much more open area with no homes (at the time of the pics I was looking at). There are 3 bodies of water along the ditch here, probably fairly shallow. Interestingly, one of these practically touches the road.

The water was probably frozen in January. And the fences along the road.... I just don't know if LS could have gotten our boy over the fences and along the ditch easily.

In perusing maps, I have noticed a few gravel pits. Those might be worth looking into. Although LS mentioned "ditch" specifically.

All MOO.I

Edited to fix stupid autocorrect stuff.

I had noted on an earlier thread that the inclusion of the Butler County coroner was most likely LE's due diligence. I.e., her former husband died so rule that out as a TS crime.
moo
I don’t think it was anything other than a tragic accident. But I also admit that with her past and current charges I was side eyeing the heck out of the situation until I dug further. I can also understand why people were wanting to know what happened to him and find the facts instead of SM rumor.

I’m very interested in seeing what the Ohio coroner has to do with our case, but I don’t think it’s because she killed him. Although, if somehow it came out that she did, I wouldn’t be surprised.

If anyone goes out searching please be very careful to not trespass private property and if you find anything that might be related, don't touch or move it. Just call it in.

Gannon is my hero!
catching up!

QUESTION: was she LAZY or ARROGANT? ANSWER: Yes
I think speed and stealthwill be factor

spots further down Peaceful more secluded, harder to justify runaway

He will be tucked away as if hunkering down

Letecia would not be climbing fences, w/him... difficult to liesplain

Gravel piles may be why she started to revise story...abduction...
so easy...doesn’t fit...so easy...so easy...

Somewhere? DWAP, saw the ditch would not work for her, hence comment “ not in a ditch”

Justice for Gannon!

Last edited:
I think people are just trying to figure out and get hard proof that TS couldn’t have had anything to do with his death. With what she is being charged with and her past criminal activities, I don’t think it’s a reach to want to find out if she could have had anything to do with it. After the discussion yesterday and some posters pointing others where to find that info, it seems the matter was dropped.

Edit: I also think with the Coroner from so close to where TS Ex died being on the witness list brought renewed attention to it. Cause imo that is very strange.

All of that makes sense.
To be honest, I'm a little surprised local media hasn't already been all over it.
But since they haven't, and the only place he's being openly discussed is social media, the lines are pretty blurred all of a sudden.

All of that makes sense.
To be honest, I'm a little surprised local media hasn't already been all over it.
But since they haven't, and the only place he's being openly discussed is social media, the lines are pretty blurred all of a sudden.
There a lot with this case that you would think the media would be all over. I find it strange that it’s not. I wonder why? Media knows this is a very high profile case and you would think they would want to keep writing/digging/releasing info to continue to grab headlines and clicks.

I'm not sure if this was previously mentioned, I am trying my best to get caught up but with everyone being home I have plenty of distractions. In fact as I am writing this my precious 6 year old granddaughter is dancing all around the living room lol

Here on the east coast it is not completely uncommon to have more than one middle name. A few of my cousins have 3 or 4 and a guy I dated in my 30's had 5 and his 5 siblings all had for 4 or 5 as well. I believe it's more common in Europe and especially common among the British.

I've read that the practice of giving more than 1 middle name is becoming more uncommon as time moves forward because computer databases are unable to recognize more than 1 middle name so it becomes a nightmare with passports and driver's licenses etc.

I wonder if TS was given more than 1 middle name and that is why we keep seeing inconsistencies in that area. She may have been able to pick and choose which middle name she felt like using. Of course, this is just me speculating.

I think people are just trying to figure out and get hard proof that TS couldn’t have had anything to do with his death. With what she is being charged with and her past criminal activities, I don’t think it’s a reach to want to find out if she could have had anything to do with it. After the discussion yesterday and some posters pointing others where to find that info, it seems the matter was dropped.

Edit: I also think with the Coroner from so close to where TS Ex died being on the witness list brought renewed attention to it. Cause imo that is very strange.

I had noted on an earlier thread that the inclusion of the Butler County coroner was most likely LE's due diligence. I.e., her former husband died so rule that out as a TS crime.
moo
All of that makes sense.

I think it's because the official opinion is that he died in an accident. I have seen other posts suggesting OD. But this entire line of discussion is verboten.

I was up late looking through this area too. (On maps and satellite views, not irl! I'm in MN.) I noticed the fencing too. Imo, where Fountain Ditch meets Peaceful Valley Road is highly unlikely. Too many homes around with a view. The heavily wooded area to the west of that might be blocked by a fence, so I'm not sure a vehicle could pull in there. (@Feistyomi )

Where Fountain Ditch meets Squirrel Creek Road is more likely. There's much more open area with no homes (at the time of the pics I was looking at). There are 3 bodies of water along the ditch here, probably fairly shallow. Interestingly, one of these practically touches the road.

The water was probably frozen in January. And the fences along the road.... I just don't know if LS could have gotten our boy over the fences and along the ditch easily.

In perusing maps, I have noticed a few gravel pits. Those might be worth looking into. Although LS mentioned "ditch" specifically.

All MOO.I

Piggyback on your post to add pics First one is the one you're talking about at the Ditch WITH a pond! Ditch at squirrel creek rd with pond.png

moo

it makes sense that ls would disappear gannon closer to home because her original plan was to report gannon as a runaway... an 11 year old runaway wouldn’t get very far... then toss evidence farther away.

but we’d have to assume ls wanted gannon’s body to be located after enough time elapsed to ensure bruising would be obscured by decomp.

if a dumpster was not used then gannon might be discovered closer to home but i have a feeling we won’t see that in this case

i would like to have seen ls’ face when she saw the rd video

moo

Piggyback on your post to add pics First one is the one you're talking about at the Ditch WITH a pond! View attachment 239105

The main problems with the pond at the Squirrel Road/FD intersection: it's a completely open area and the water would probably have been frozen. I posted a map of this intersection yesterday. It might be better to head back up to Pleasant Valley Road near Fountain Ditch. There's more tree cover.

Could she have hid him "IN" something? Like a pit with a manhole cover? Are there any of those close by?
I've been wondering the same for a while now. I followed a case several years ago where a missing woman was found in a drainage pipe like this one.

1.jpg

I'm not local so I have no idea if drains like this are common there, but it would certainly conceal an 11 year old boy.

All MOO.I

There is Ditch at Peaceful Rd. It's a little area with seating. There's a drainpipe, but if that is where she put him, IDK how she thought she could say he ran away. MOO I can't get a picture to load of it, tried 3 different pictures.

Could she have hid him "IN" something? Like a pit with a manhole cover? Are there any of those close by?

Since they started searching remote areas, I've always thought they should be searching pit toilets, the kind in remote camping grounds. Most will not even be inspected for a few more months -- not until camping season arrives.

Gannon is my hero!
catching up!

QUESTION: was she LAZY or ARROGANT? ANSWER: Yes
I think speed and stealthwill be factor

spots further down Peaceful more secluded, harder to justify runaway

He will be tucked away as if hunkering down

Letecia would not be climbing fences, w/him... difficult to liesplain

Gravel piles may be why she started to revise story...abduction...
so easy...doesn’t fit...so easy...so easy...

Somewhere? DWAP, saw the ditch would not work for her, hence comment “ not in a ditch”

Justice for Gannon!

I agree, easier to change lies. BUT, why would you believe 'not a ditch' - another literal lie, imo. (I just didn't realize there were any literal ditches WITH the name) But it could be as easy as she liked the Ditch pond spot but it wouldn't work. Some of the ditch /pond is true. moo
Besides not wanting houses around, you also don't want to be TOO secluded or if someone comes upon you they will 1. remember you 2. possibly offer help :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member