Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

True.

But the fact that we're using language like "less harmful than that it would have been earlier" to describe calling in speculative "tips" still means that it's having a net negative effect; namely, it's causing LE to divert their time and energy toward vetting the public's theories and speculation vs. gathering facts and evidence.

"First, do no harm." - The Hippocratic Oath

Sometimes, the most helpful thing the public can do is to let LE do their job.
They're the experts.
I trust them.

JMO.
I get that but also realize that to do nothing goes against every thing I was raised to believe. How do I know if they have seen the threads and knowledge being shared? Is it better to say nothing and assume they already know or better to say something and it get reviewed? I honestly don't know the correct response in this situation?

BBM:

True.

But the fact that we're using language like "less harmful than that it would have been earlier" to describe calling in speculative "tips" still means that it's having a net negative effect; namely, it's causing LE to divert their time and energy toward vetting the public's theories and speculation vs. gathering facts and evidence.

They're the experts.
I trust them.

JMO.
You had me @"First, do no harm." I spent years of my career living this creed. bbm I also advocate personal informed opinion and trust in one’s own critical thinking and decision making skills.

RIGHT ?!!!
Whenever I start thinking that she did NOT move him on Tuesday and get on the fence with that theory, I have to stop and ask WHY RENT a car then??
Was it strictly to just get rid of evidence/clothes/ etc using a different vehicle ?
Or did she in fact go back and move him ?
Why that darn rental car ?? This really bugs me !!

So I've been thinking about the rental car quite a bit as well. I tend to not think that she moved him, which as you said, then why the rental car?

The only other reason that I can think of it's because she did not want AS anywhere near that truck until she had a chance to get it cleaned because of the evidence in it. Perhaps the fact that there is a witness associated with a car wash might be a clue. Perhaps this wasn't just a car wash place but they also did detailing. So she drops the truck off very first thing in the morning, And takes an Uber or Lyft to the airport and gets the rental car. Then she tools around or does whatever it is, Maybe hiding other evidence, maybe checking on things. Then when she picks up AS and he wonders why she's in a rental, she can say "Oh honey, I'm such a great wife that I have a wonderful surprise for you. I'm having your truck detailed so it will be perfect for you now that you're home. I had already planned it before all this went down so I figured I would still go through with it! Ain't I great?!?"

The chances of course, that AS bought that explanation are nil, in my opinion. As equally as unbelievable as her explanation that she didn't want poor Gannon to run away from a car he recognized.

I'm sure that the wonderful sleuths on here have already investigated why this is not possible or not likely based on her timeline or searching the witness list but just thought I would throw it out there anyway.

Also, as an aside, there is no way that I believe that this woman, who has demonstrated herself to be a control freak, aggressive, and seemingly to have no fear, would not go the extra mile to make sure that Gannon was in fact, deceased, wherever she left him. We must remember that she attacked a deputy on the way back to Colorado. Even hard-core criminals, gang members, and murderers rarely do that. So I conclude that a scenario in which she left Gannon alive and walked away would have entirely too much left to chance for her liking, what if he did make it? what if he ran away and someone saw him and he told the truth? It pains me to say this although, it may have been better than him dying of starvation or dehydration somewhere in pain alone. No matter what it's an absolutely horrible crime.

Last edited:
I think that what drives this as we really don't know what LE knows and we don't know what areas they have actually searched so we don't know if our speculations are valid, have already been discounted, etc so report an idea if you feel it has merit! They will review it and discount it if need be.
LE has specifically asked that people do not report tips unless someone has credible information to report or has specific knowledge concerning the people involved in the investigation.
They do not want theories or speculation because it just gives them more work to do, as they are required to follow through with every tip.

Imo

They will no doubt find this child’s body. LS ditched him in a panic. A panic that started the night prior when she did something to him, Then recorded it as if she didn’t know the phone was on, because she knew it had gone too far. I do not believe she moved his body. I believe the rental was probably going to be an attempt to run, but she really had no where to go. He will be just off the road, not too far. She probably exerted more effort in getting rid of the evidence than the body. The daughter will testify against her because she knows where her bread is buttered, and I’m sure LS has taught her self preservation by osmosis. Between Gannon’s cell, gps, traffic and biz cameras, eyewitnesses accounts, surely someone who will recall something suspicious, they will get het.

I agree. I dont think she has the stamina for a long drawn out hiding attempt. I don't think she had time and I dont think she could physically carry him a long ways, burying is too much effort and it was too hard. I think it will be off the side of the road to stick to the runaway thing. I think everyone believes she did that search (can my parents find me) and so I think she knew when he inevitably turned up or IF he did, that it would look like something happened on his runaway scheme. the only other thing that comes to mind is either he's in water or she planned on that but it wasn't feasible. She mentioned in the interview that she had used workout equipment for play it again sports and so I do wonder if she did or planned to use some heavy weights. The play it again sports trip and mention of workout equipment seems to be related, but Im not sure how.
Im guessing its because there is video shes trying to explain away of large items going into the back of the truck that we havent seen? Or she needed an excuse to be in that area, but still having the workout equipment in the back or claiming to is a weird thing

BBM:

True.

They're the experts.
I trust them.

JMO.
I get that but also realize that to do nothing goes against every thing I was raised to believe. How do I know if they have seen the threads and knowledge being shared? Is it better to say nothing and assume they already know or better to say something and it get reviewed? I honestly don't know the correct response in this situation?
LE has specifically asked that people do not report any tips unless someone has credible information to report or has specific knowledge concerning the people involved in the investigation.
They do not want theories or speculation because it just gives them more work to do, as they are required to follow through with every tip.

Imo
true ! I agree with you! In hindsight my/our quest to make sure no stone is unturned may have become a burden to LE . I still feel that a tip thrown out there may have merit but appreciate the toll that speculations take on their resources! We don't know their mindset, what they have investigated or not and so it is hard to be silent when we feel we may have viable ideas! Appreciate that they only want credible tips and appreciate that you are keeping us on target!

I would think LE would be seeking a specific tip that would be evidence based. Meaning, HEY, I was checking the gas station cameras and saw that red truck drive by on such and such a date at 1 pm.

Or, HEY, I overheard a conversation at work, it was a woman who knows TS, used to work out at the 'Y' with her. She said TS told her that a great place to hide would be in the bell tower of the 1st Baptist Church.

Maybe, HEY, I found a shoe when I was out hunting yesterday morning, it was odd, looked like it had dried blood on it.

These are what I think are examples of specific info. LE would be able to use.

Now, I've been on this thread from the get go. I've thought up and down all roads, valleys, creeks, woods, mountains, in state, out of state, dumpsters, landfills, junkyards, transfer facilities, recycling centers, culverts, chimneys, farm lanes, warehouses, kidnappers, anti-gov't organizations, locations I've forgotten, even the creek behind the sheriffs office in CoS's. Google Earth, maps, satellites, streetview, websites, court dockets, in town, out of town, all around.

I guess I could call it all in.

Wow.
Hope the best for all the court all and their families.
I noticed rewatching her court appearance 3/11 that DA Allen has told the defense that discovery won't be available for 21 days citing on-going investigation. 4/11.
MOO no more info will be released before the defense gets it, and some time to review it.

I admit the audio I had was awful during the last court appearance. But I thought the DA said it would take a long time to get stuff to the defense because there was a ton of it. (Think that's when the 107 number came up) I didn't think he said it was because of an ongoing investigation but as I said, my audio was terrible.

Of course, the state typically tries to delay handing over material to the defense anyway.

I'm also not sure the "discovery" being discussed here will ever be released to the public before trial. The discovery info will be more extensive than the arrest warrant/affidavit.
JMO

They don’t give the identity of the public defender. It could be anywhere in the state of Colorado.

That sucks so bad for everyone though. I'm guessing it's at least in the jail that the public defender lives near. Even if it's not the jail where Tee is I'm guessing all of this could set this back months just based on community spread. I'm sure she will still have her hearings on time, but a lot of the work on the case for both her side and DA's side will get pushed back. Even just waiting on records and things like that may be longer due to staffing issues and priority changes within the private sector. I don't believe this case will ever be low priority, but just getting it all together from everywhere else.

I admit the audio I had was awful during the last court appearance. But I thought the DA said it would take a long time to get stuff to the defense because there was a ton of it. (Think that's when the 107 number came up) I didn't think he said it was because of an ongoing investigation but as I said, my audio was terrible.

Of course, the state typically tries to delay handing over material to the defense anyway.

I'm also not sure the "discovery" being discussed here will ever be released to the public before trial. The discovery info will be more extensive than the arrest warrant/affidavit.
JMO
True.
Megan Ring said both, that arrest warrant and disovery wasn't available to her yet.

Agree! Not trying to overwhelm resources but just want the truth to be told! We are so much in the dark that we don't know what they may already know but have an obligation to let them know what we know!

BBM:

Question: What do you mean by "what we know?"

Ideas and theories aren't facts, nor are they evidence.

The only things I "know" about the case are the things I've read in MSM.

I say this confidently: There is nothing anyone here on this thread "knows" about this case that is unknown to LE.

LE knows infinitely more about this crime than we do.

LE knows what 1,000 pages of discovery has revealed, in addition to what witnesses have told them.

Like Yogi, I'm smarter than your average bear…but I ain't ever going to claim to be smarter than Dan May.

JMO.

I had noted on an earlier thread that the inclusion of the Butler County coroner was most likely LE's due diligence. I.e., her former husband died so rule that out as a TS crime.
moo

I think it's because the official opinion is that he died in an accident. I have seen other posts suggesting OD. But this entire line of discussion is verboten.
Streng Verboten!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member