Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

And therein lies the dilemma.

I don't know how I'd react if a family member or friend went missing.

I suspect I'd take a "no stone left unturned" position, and would want every avenue explored in the search.

I can certainly understand how someone like yourself who has found themselves in that unenviable position has an appreciation for the view on both sides of the fence.
(O/T, as a native Michigander, I followed Michael VZ's thread here early on, and I'm so sad and sorry that his remains haven't been recovered yet).

Anyway, back to my point:

LE has not found GS yet.

I think it is entirely possible that one of the reasons they have not found GS yet is that LE has been inundated with well-meaning members of the public who have been calling in "tips" in the form of "have you checked out such and such a body of water," "did you search such and such a property," "I saw a culvert located at ______," etc.

LE has stated quite forcefully that speculative theories being called in as "tips" cost them valuable time and manpower as they have to vet all of the tips that come in.

I think the net effect of suggestions being called in as "tips" is a negative one.

People's intentions are good, and borne out of a desire to be helpful.

But intent and effect are not always the same.

The public's desire to be helpful does not trump LE's need to be able to focus their resources on viable leads and evidence.

At the point that LE really has exhausted all their credible leads, I would expect that they may welcome more public suggestions.

JMO.
Thank you fellow Michaganader !!
That is my point --straight on.
LE does what they do and says what they say for a reason, believe me, I know.
Mike's mom and I have been down many a rabbit hole with the "tips" and rumors ..endless nights and many hours researching them.
However, she begs me to look into them as you just never know.
I have also spent days and hours speaking to MEs and County LE inquiring about the Unidentified persons that end up on NAMUS, either through me seeing them or a tip.
So, yeah, I understand both sides completely and thank you for understanding that.
I digress and will continue to pray that our Little Gannon will be found soon. That is what we all want for his family.

I’ll have to look up to see if it applies to the state they were in, but I’m pretty sure a lot of states have passed that law that the person who provided the drugs to the person who then died from them can be held accountable. If I’m wrong somebody please let me know. I’ll do some research on a little bit. To double check myself.
I believe you are correct but each state has different rulings on it.
I do know that if you are partying with someone who OD and call it in, providing you are not the one distributing it, you are not held responsible. I know there is another wording for this, but I cant think of it right now.

BBM:

And therein lies the dilemma.

I don't know how I'd react if a family member or friend went missing.

I suspect I'd take a "no stone left unturned" position, and would want every avenue explored in the search.

I can certainly understand how someone like yourself who has found themselves in that unenviable position has an appreciation for the view on both sides of the fence.
O/T, I read Michael VZ's thread here early on, and I'm so sad and sorry that his remains haven't been recovered yet. For those who haven't read/heard about his disappearance, here's the link to his thread: CA - CA - Michael Vanzandt, 36, Hermosa Beach, 5 March 2016

Anyway, back to my point:

LE has not found GS yet.

I think it is entirely possible that one of the reasons they have not found GS yet is that LE has been inundated with well-meaning members of the public who have been calling in "tips" in the form of "have you checked out such and such a body of water," "did you search such and such a property," "I saw a culvert located at ______," etc.

LE has stated quite forcefully that speculative theories being called in as "tips" cost them valuable time and manpower as they have to vet all of the tips that come in.

I think the net effect of suggestions being called in as "tips" is a negative one.

People's intentions are good, and borne out of a desire to be helpful.

But intent and effect are not always the same.

The public's desire to be helpful does not trump LE's need to be able to focus their resources on viable leads and evidence.

At the point that LE really has exhausted all their credible leads, I would expect that they may welcome more public suggestions.

JMO.

Well said.
Too bad more well meaning folks don't take LE's strong rebuke to NOT report suspicions.
It's not a suggestion, they've explicitly told the public NOT to do this.
After all, they're the professionals, with access to far more evidence & information than the public has.

Sorry, Respectfully, JMHO, until They announce that they have his body I will keep looking.

I've never discouraged anyone from looking for GS.

If/as LE invites and asks for volunteer searchers to assist them, I think that volunteer searchers are a wonderful resource.

What I have been and will continue to actively discourage people from doing is wasting LE's time by calling in speculation and theories as "tips."

A tipline is not a suggestion box.

JMO.

Last edited:
I can be onboard with all this except what I BBM
I do not believe the board conveniently "flew out the back of the truck"
I think she either used the board on him at the house and ditched it later or used it in moving him or some blood stained object and ditched it.
Devils advocate then going to bed, she needed something to move the dirt Fingerprints dna, on thinggie, simplest explanation,

If it were my loved one, I would take any help I could get, JMO

RSBM

You might, but the LE agency investigating this case have made it perfectly clear they don't want just "any" help.

They want specific help, if a member of the public is able to provide that.

If not, they don't want their time wasted, and neither should we.

jmo

The only way she’s going out is in a body bag tho, right? No bond, CoVid-19 or not.

Lawyers???
Correct. There’s no way they’re going to release someone charged with first degree murder. The article said this:

The public defenders are seeking the release of people who are older, have medical conditions, or who were arrested for nonviolent offenses. The jail population is considered medically vulnerable. Many are without homes, health insurance and battling addiction.

Gannon is my hero!
Thank you!
the dogs were part of it, you kept that in the mix, we still haven’t found him, but I think we are getting closer...
the brainstorming here is very positive, yours was NOT one of the really out there theories, I quite filed it away as important. NOT in the tub w/ some of the others...
Oz? Where?! think we need to compile list of all the lies she told, I tried to go to archive, got sidetracked... we only need a few more puzzle pieces.
Justice for Gannon!

Thanks Feisty
I actually felt a bit stupid but then remembered that cold cases have been cracked from fresh eyes looking over things. I literally apologised to LE when I sent the email and explained that I didn't think I could do their job better than they can lol.

I am in Canberra! Our nations capital!

Trying to upload a pic I snapped of this site.
I'm behind several pages, so this may already be in the thread somewhere.

My first thought when I saw this photo was: our little Lucas was found in a culvert just like this. There were several loving and dedicated members here on WS, that participated in many searches. (The group actually searched the area in which he was found, prior to his discovery). Because Lucas' step-mother covered him with branches and debris, he was not easily visible at the time. It was (understandably) heart breaking for them when he was found just feet away from where they had previously searched. :(

I have no idea if TS followed Lucas' case. But the fact a chemical stimulant, beta-phenethylamine, was found little Lucas’ liver at autopsy (phenethylamine is in the same “family” as methamphetamines and sold in products called “bath salts"), it really makes me wonder. And; that culvert looks eerily similar to the one Lucas' little body was found. I am NOT suggesting TS placed Gannon in a culvert- just acknowledging similarities that come to mind.

The reason I bring this up...... TS has claimed to be interested in sleuthing, and was a member of several social media groups where discussions revolved around investigations and their outcomes. Granted- many of these groups rely upon rumors and speculations to keep the conversation going. But; the thought has crossed my mind (more than once), TS may have attempted to duplicate the actions of a perpetrator she read about. (If it worked for them (for a while), it will work for me). I believe she just thought she was smarter than those who were caught. Won't happen to me attitude. I really believe she thought she was going to get away with this. :mad:

Hey; if she is really into sleuthing and wants to solve a case- she could always disclose where Gannon may be found.:rolleyes:

Link to Lucas' thread for those who may be interested:
Found Deceased - KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

My first thought when I saw this photo was: our little Lucas was found in a culvert just like this. There were several loving and dedicated members here on WS, that participated in many searches. (The group actually searched the area in which he was found, prior to his discovery). Because Lucas' step-mother covered him with branches and debris, he was not easily visible at the time. It was (understandably) heart breaking for them when he was found just feet away from where they had previously searched. :(

I have no idea if TS followed Lucas' case. But the fact a chemical stimulant, beta-phenethylamine, was found little Lucas’ liver at autopsy (phenethylamine is in the same “family” as methamphetamines and sold in products called “bath salts"), it really makes me wonder. And; that culvert looks eerily similar to the one Lucas' little body was found. I am NOT suggesting TS placed Gannon in a culvert- just acknowledging similarities that come to mind.

The reason I bring this up...... TS has claimed to be interested in sleuthing, and was a member of several social media groups where discussions revolved around investigations and their outcomes. Granted- many of these groups rely upon rumors and speculations to keep the conversation going. But; the thought has crossed my mind (more than once), TS may have attempted to duplicate the actions of a perpetrator she read about. (If it worked for them (for a while), it will work for me). I believe she just thought she was smarter than those who were caught. Won't happen to me attitude. I really believe she thought she was going to get away with this. :mad:

Hey; if she is really into sleuthing and wants to solve a case- she could always disclose where Gannon may be found.:rolleyes:

Link to Lucas' thread for those who may be interested:
Found Deceased - KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1
OMG!!! I cant believe you brought up Little Lucas case as I followed that one since the beginning and actually referenced back to it today regarding this case.
KUDOS to you
I mainly looked back to my notes on Lucas case due to the drains and underneath roads while @Feistyomi was looking off road
I agree with you 100%
I also felt similarities with Lucas case here.
But then I saw my saved notes and pics and it broke my heart all over again.
His was the first child case I followed and said never again, yet here I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth