Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first thought when I saw this photo was: our little Lucas was found in a culvert just like this. There were several loving and dedicated members here on WS, that participated in many searches. (The group actually searched the area in which he was found, prior to his discovery). Because Lucas' step-mother covered him with branches and debris, he was not easily visible at the time. It was (understandably) heart breaking for them when he was found just feet away from where they had previously searched. :(

I have no idea if TS followed Lucas' case. But the fact a chemical stimulant, beta-phenethylamine, was found little Lucas’ liver at autopsy (phenethylamine is in the same “family” as methamphetamines and sold in products called “bath salts"), it really makes me wonder. And; that culvert looks eerily similar to the one Lucas' little body was found. I am NOT suggesting TS placed Gannon in a culvert- just acknowledging similarities that come to mind.

The reason I bring this up...... TS has claimed to be interested in sleuthing, and was a member of several social media groups where discussions revolved around investigations and their outcomes. Granted- many of these groups rely upon rumors and speculations to keep the conversation going. But; the thought has crossed my mind (more than once), TS may have attempted to duplicate the actions of a perpetrator she read about. (If it worked for them (for a while), it will work for me). I believe she just thought she was smarter than those who were caught. Won't happen to me attitude. I really believe she thought she was going to get away with this. :mad:

Hey; if she is really into sleuthing and wants to solve a case- she could always disclose where Gannon may be found.:rolleyes:

Link to Lucas' thread for those who may be interested:
Found Deceased - KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

Wow! I honestly had no idea LS was into sleuthing or members of groups like you mentioned. Wow.

Honestly, that's a game changer for me. I think it's highly likely she used her knowledge of prior crimes to hide Gannon. Or knowledge of something like the Harley Dilly case. That was so recent... it definitely could have been on her mind.

@Feistyomi and all those with opinions on calling in tips...

I think it's clear that Feistyomi thought this over. And over. And over. Let's give her a break. She didn't throw her tarot cards in the air to see how they landed. Can we all agree she put a lot of effort into searching and finding possible places a truly evil person could stash a little boy like a piece of trash? She's one of the good guys, okay? I will even go so far as to bet my last roll of toilet paper that, if she were nearby, she would probably go check these places out herself in order to see if a credible tip could be called in.

If I lived nearby, I know I would. No one wants to overburden LE. Yet we all have to answer to our own consciences at the end of the day.

@Feistyomi and all those with opinions on calling in tips...

I think it's clear that Feistyomi thought this over. And over. And over. Let's give her a break. She didn't throw her tarot cards in the air to see how they landed. Can we all agree she put a lot of effort into searching and finding possible places a truly evil person could stash a little boy like a piece of trash? She's one of the good guys, okay? I will even go so far as to bet my last roll of toilet paper that, if she were nearby, she would probably go check these places out herself in order to see if a credible tip could be called in.

If I lived nearby, I know I would. No one wants to overburden LE. Yet we all have to answer to our own consciences at the end of the day.
@Feistyomi used reliable sources and has excellent sleuthing skills. I encouraged her to call it in. I had no idea that LE specifically stated they wanted no tips.

She did not claim to be smarter than Dan May or LE nor did she violate the Hippocratic Oath.

What is this? A drain, or a something random left there? Street view photo from 2019. On Drannan Rd, a little ways before Pikes Peak cemetery. ETA, I am referring to my screen shot below.

A little west of there I saw a yellow post that said "warning" and something about a pipeline. There are smaller orange posts nearer to it that I can't quite read.

Is it an access point to something? There are homes nearby so I really don't think this is a possibility for finding Gannon. I can certainly see LS using something similar though.

@Feistyomi used reliable sources and has excellent sleuthing skills. I encouraged her to call it in. I had no idea that LE specifically stated they wanted no tips.

She did not claim to be smarter than Dan May or LE nor did she violate the Hippocratic Oath.

I never said she did! I was defending her.

You bring up an interesting point. I’m curious to know if TS was on any prescription medication or if she was using medication that had been prescribed for Gannon. I have seen the good a drug can do and also the evil. I know a child that is taking Vyvance and it has helped him focus on his school work and allows him to enjoy the success of completing assignments and acing them, which he could not do prior to taking the drug. I have also seen what it can do to an adult who was unable to concentrate on his work and was prescribed this medication. His wife became concerned as he began having mood swings he was never known to have. His work flourished, but he became an angry young man. Tiny things would set him off. Although not physically violent, nevertheless very concerning. When his wife convinced him to return to the doctor to discuss this very alarming side effect, the doctor seemed unconcerned and felt that he needed a higher dose. Go figure. I dread to think what could have happened if he had taken that advice. Instead they found a different doctor who understood the danger this drug posed for this patient and suggested a trial of a different drug, which thankfully has achieved the original goal without the angry side effects.
ed:sp

My point here is, was she taking a drug that exacerbated her anger and resentment of caring for someone else’s children and then let loose on poor Gannon for something trivial, harming him beyond explanation, necessitating his “disappearance” (in her mind at least)?

I’m not making excuses for what she did. She is responsible. She is without a doubt a liar that lies incessantly. I believe she is a narcissist, many of whom are disposed to fits of rage. Perhaps the drug took her “over the top.” It will be interesting to see how the Defense plans to defend her. All JMHO.

The problem is that if it is vyvanse it's timed release. It doesnt have the same ragey potential as other stimulants. I just doubt Gannon's vyvanse is the issue here.

The point was simply that law enforcement explicitly stated that they didn’t consider the type of information we were discussing, as being a legitimate tip.

It was the exact sort of thing they don’t want. No one was going after the OP for the ideas themselves, or the legitimacy of those ideas.

The Dan May and Hippocratic Oath references, had nothing to do with what the OP said either.

This is disingenuous, as it is taken completely out of context.

What’s done is done; no harm, no foul. We’re arguing about this for the sake of arguing.

My first thought when I saw this photo was: our little Lucas was found in a culvert just like this. There were several loving and dedicated members here on WS, that participated in many searches. (The group actually searched the area in which he was found, prior to his discovery). Because Lucas' step-mother covered him with branches and debris, he was not easily visible at the time. It was (understandably) heart breaking for them when he was found just feet away from where they had previously searched. :(

I have no idea if TS followed Lucas' case. But the fact a chemical stimulant, beta-phenethylamine, was found little Lucas’ liver at autopsy (phenethylamine is in the same “family” as methamphetamines and sold in products called “bath salts"), it really makes me wonder. And; that culvert looks eerily similar to the one Lucas' little body was found. I am NOT suggesting TS placed Gannon in a culvert- just acknowledging similarities that come to mind.

The reason I bring this up...... TS has claimed to be interested in sleuthing, and was a member of several social media groups where discussions revolved around investigations and their outcomes. Granted- many of these groups rely upon rumors and speculations to keep the conversation going. But; the thought has crossed my mind (more than once), TS may have attempted to duplicate the actions of a perpetrator she read about. (If it worked for them (for a while), it will work for me). I believe she just thought she was smarter than those who were caught. Won't happen to me attitude. I really believe she thought she was going to get away with this. :mad:

Hey; if she is really into sleuthing and wants to solve a case- she could always disclose where Gannon may be found.:rolleyes:

Link to Lucas' thread for those who may be interested:
Found Deceased - KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

B-phenylethylamine is found in the body and is also a decaying process.

http://eknygos.lsmuni.lt/springer/124/17-24.pdf

Th e most typical amine produced during putrefaction is β-phenylethylamine. Its structure is similar to those of amphetamines. Th e similarity of the amine sometimes gives false positive results during screening by immunoassays [17, 18]. In analysis of drugs in specimens collected from cadavers killed especially by severe injuries, followed by intensive medical treatments, a special caution is needed. In such cadavers, non-negligible amounts of ethanol and β-phenylethylamine are sometimes produced by the action of bacterial translocation [19,21].

And from a crime online article

Forensics expert and death investigator, Joseph Scott Morgan, wasn’t quite sure if bath salts were the answer. He stated Lucas would have had to been exposed to an ample amount of the stimulant on an ongoing, prolonged basis for it to stay in his system. Morgan also mentioned that beta-phenethylamine can also be a natural chemical produced during human decomposition or can be absorbed through decaying plant life.

The point was simply that law enforcement explicitly stated that they didn’t consider the type of information we were discussing, as being a legitimate tip.

It was the exact sort of thing they don’t want. No one was going after the OP for the ideas themselves, or the legitimacy of those ideas.

The Dan May and Hippocratic Oath references, had nothing to do with what the OP said either.

This is disingenuous, as it is taken completely out of context.

What’s done is done; no harm, no foul. We’re arguing about this for the sake of arguing.
@MassGuy I have no arguments with you at all. Your post was understood and well written (as usual).

If I had known LE's position on tips, I wouldn't have encouraged the tip to be called in.

I am a lover, not a fighter and have no issues with you Massy. :D

That sucks so bad for everyone though. I'm guessing it's at least in the jail that the public defender lives near. Even if it's not the jail where Tee is I'm guessing all of this could set this back months just based on community spread. I'm sure she will still have her hearings on time, but a lot of the work on the case for both her side and DA's side will get pushed back. Even just waiting on records and things like that may be longer due to staffing issues and priority changes within the private sector. I don't believe this case will ever be low priority, but just getting it all together from everywhere else.

There's only one good thing I can think of regarding this nasty virus and the delays within the justice system: TS gets to sit in a jail cell all by herself while she's waiting and waiting and waiting. For some reason I just don't think she's enjoying that! :eek:

There's only one good thing I can think of regarding this nasty virus and the delays within the justice system: TS gets to sit in a jail cell all by herself while she's waiting and waiting and waiting. For some reason I just don't think she's enjoying that! :eek:
I don’t think she was enjoying it from the beginning, as the attack on that deputy illustrated.

Virus precautions are certain to limit her human contact though, which is definitely a plus.

Personally, I’m annoyed that everything is likely to be delayed here, including that all important probable cause hearing (when the prosecution shows their hand).

I still think we’ll see the arrest affidavit sooner, rather than later though.

Im sure it drives her crazy that her attorney is likely not frequenting the jail often if at all, going over extensive strategy at this point. She probably makes a lot of calls, but theyre collect so probably not getting answered as often as she wants which is definitely going to drive her nuts.

Not to mention I would imagine everyone in jail is creeped the hell out especially in county, where new people are in and out. Prison I imagine has better protections in place. People come in who are staying so they can be quarantined easily. Jail? not gonna be easy at all since even those who they do arrest (they are likely arresting way less right now) can still get bonded most of the time so more in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998