Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
@imstilla.grandma Given that the witness list includes someone from waste management, this possibility exists. The DA has evidence to uphold C.R.S. 18-8-610.5 Tampering with a deceased human body.

This will be a horrible determination for the parent's to live with :(

I agree it would be horrible. But unless an identifiable part of GS is found in the landfill or TS confesses she put him in a dumpster, I don't see how anyone, including a witness from waste management, could determine that's where he was put. Even if GPS evidence shows TS was near a dumpster (and if she was tracked it will because dumpsters are near stores) that isn't enough. JMO

I can site two cases where a child was disposed in a landfill, but never found. Jhessye Shockley, in Az. Her mother was convicted.

Duke Flores in Ca., mom and twin sister were charged. Case hasn't made it to trial yet.

I have zero concerns if this turns out to be the case with Gannon, that the DA will get a conviction. Or even if he's never found and not in a landfill, same. TS will be convicted of Gannons murder :)

Regarding Vyvanse…. There were a few posts regarding it earlier, but I can’t find them now. Vyvanse is considered one of the least abusable stimulants as it is long-acting. However, that doesn’t mean that it cannot be abused. And yes, Vyvanse works on the neurotransmitter dopamine and can increase anxiety and/or turn baseline anxiety into agitation. Vyvanse has two FDA-approved indications; ADHD and Binge Eating Disorder. I know there has been some speculation on the thread that TS may have lost some weight. A common side effects of all stimulants is decreased appetite. Other side effects include insomnia, irritability, in addition to some others.

I think it is definitely possible that TS diverted the medication from Gannon, but I would hope that the prescribing provider would have assessed for that. For example, when I prescribe a stimulant (or other abusable medication to child/adolescent) I always assess medication response with the child/adolescent directly. I ask questions like what general time he/she takes her medication, if he/she takes the medication every day, what the medication looks like (tablet, capsule, color etc.), what he/she thinks of the medication, anything he/she does not like about the medication etc. This usually works and I can confirm to the best of my ability if the child/adolescent receives the medication. We also have access to the Colorado PDMP, a prescription monitoring program, but that of course is not helpful if the medication is filled on time and then diverted.

Somewhere it was stated that T actually drove all the way up to that bike shop hours away and didn’t go in. I’d say then, that is most likely where she disposed of him. Why else risk driving that far and wasting all of that precious time for nothing. Unless she unloaded him somewhere along the way and then drove all of that way just to dispose of other evidence. Not likely. She didn’t drive all of that way for nothing. I hate to say it, but it might be as simple as she put him in a dumpster somewhere far away where no one would ever think to look.

* I apologize for the harsh wording. God rest his soul.

Last edited:
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/20CR1358/001/Complaint and Information.pdf

Anybody have any idea what the numerous ", XX" entries on the Endorsed Witness List included in the complaint mean?

Anyone, anyone?

@oviedo, @gitana1, anybody else have a clue?

Also, another thing about the witness list:

I'm not seeing any names with an "MD" or "DO" credential, which is surprising to me.

I would absolutely expect LE to interview Gannon's pediatrician and/or to obtain a search warrant to review his medical records in these circumstances.

I'm wondering whether or not the ", XX" designations could be witness names that have been withheld.

JMO.

I have always thought that LS hid Gannon in a place that was familiar to her. It would be somewhere that she would know the landscape. Maybe even had a spot picked out in her mind because of familiarity. She would feel comfortable and know that she could do whatever she wanted to do without being seen. It might even be a place that she drove past every day.

So my question would be, is it possible to go back in time, say 6 months and track her phone pings? Would that information still be available?

I understand that this is a gargantuan task since many of us are glued to our phones, watches etc. but it would be interesting to know if she travelled in certain areas a lot.

It might offer up some locations along the route that may be worth searching.

MOO

It's possible.

My own inclination is to believe that she went with the runaway narrative b/c she had disposed of him somewhere with the plan/intention that his body never be discovered.

"He ran away, never to be seen again," or something along those lines.

I think in her empty brain, she thought that if she told LE he ran away, and GS was subsequently never found, LE would never be able to prove that he hadn't run away.

I think that's what she had in her "mind" as she was selecting her murder site.

Another case of an evil dumbo believing the "No Body, No Crime" fallacy.

Just like Frazee…and just like Frazee, she'll soon find out just how wrong she was, in every respect.

LWOP + 156 years.

"Way to go, Slick."

JMO.
I could see it being either way. Hide him close so that he is found, as if someone kidnapped him and murdered him close by. Or take him far away and dump him. I just know she didn’t have much time either way. The most popular theory, and mine as well, is that she abused him and had to kill him to cover up the abuse. I still wonder though if, in her mind, she hadn’t planned this for awhile.

It's possible.

My own inclination is to believe that she went with the runaway narrative b/c she had disposed of him somewhere with the plan/intention that his body never be discovered.

"He ran away, never to be seen again," or something along those lines.

I think in her empty brain, she thought that if she told LE he ran away, and GS was subsequently never found, LE would never be able to prove that he hadn't run away.

I think that's what she had in her "mind" as she was selecting her murder site.

Another case of an evil dumbo believing the "No Body, No Crime" fallacy.

Just like Frazee…and just like Frazee, she'll soon find out just how wrong she was, in every respect.

LWOP + 156 years.

Way to go, Slick.

JMO.

I suspect she also felt confident that she could simply avoid suspicion. She's Dr. Hot-Stuff Teacher and hero military wife. *gag*

hubris is a b****

So, if LS left her phone at home, to avoid tracking, but didn't know Apple Watch would track her...if she wasn't up to something nefarious, why did she bother to leave the phone at home?

I don't think anyone here thinks she wasn't up to something nefarious. I think she left her phone at home to avoid being tracked as she put Gannon somewhere and put evidence somewhere else (or several somewhere-elses). But then she realized leaving her phone at home wasn't enough. Too late she realizes her watch might have tracking capabilities.

If Gannon is actually near Lorson Ranch, she couldn't have believed she was leading LE on a wild goose chase. She would have thought she was flying under their radar. If she wanted to mislead police, she would have left Gannon near home and then driven all over (with her phone), making random stops that are red herrings.

BBM
Right. She was going to sell her story that he ran away. So she didn't take her phone with her as she got rid of evidence somewhere far away from where she left Gannon.

It's hard for me to believe she'd leave her phone at home thinking "Sure, LE will track me by my watch instead!" I believe she thought her whereabouts on January 27 would remain mostly undetected

UNTIL she realized she could've been tracked by her watch. She hadn't considered that. So then the realization dawns on her and she needs to redo her hiding of evidence.... This time with a different car, no phone, no watch (or maybe her phone, but turned off for an hour or two). Now that everyone knows Gannon is missing she can't risk having the truck seen at the same places she went to the day before.

MOO, LS was not interested in leading anyone on a wild goose chase. As you said, if that was her plan she would have brought her phone with her. At that point in time I think she was only trying to hide evidence far, far away from Gannon's body in the hopes that evidence found would never be connected to him.

So my question would be, is it possible to go back in time, say 6 months and track her phone pings? Would that information still be available?

I understand that this is a gargantuan task since many of us are glued to our phones, watches etc. but it would be interesting to know if she travelled in certain areas a lot.

It might offer up some locations along the route that may be worth searching.

MOO
Snipped.

Short answer, yes, LE with a warrant can generally access info like that. The more a person uses tech, apps, social media etc - the more likely it is that tracking data including location data will have been recorded.
It can be a ton of raw data for investigators to go through and process, as you alluded to. They also sometimes have to do some legal wrangling or waiting for the companies to handle the request.

Snipped.

Short answer, yes, LE with a warrant can generally access info like that. The more a person uses tech, apps, social media etc - the more likely it is that tracking data including location data will have been recorded.
It can be a ton of raw data for investigators to go through and process, as you alluded to. They also sometimes have to do some legal wrangling or waiting for the companies to handle the request.

Thank you.

So then my next question is, does anyone think LE would go to these lengths to find Gannon?

Sigh......

I so want him found. I thought they would have found him a while ago. She will never give up his location. Such a vile evil woman.

MOO

I agree it would be horrible. But unless an identifiable part of GS is found in the landfill or TS confesses she put him in a dumpster, I don't see how anyone, including a witness from waste management, could determine that's where he was put. Even if GPS evidence shows TS was near a dumpster (and if she was tracked it will because dumpsters are near stores) that isn't enough. JMO
My thought was surveillance video captured TS disposing of a suitcase, duffel bag, etc. in a dumpster. And by the time it was realized, it was to late to recover his body, and that would be confirmed by the witness from waste management. Your vision on the legal aspect is 20/20.

Horrible is the parents grieving the death of their son without the ability to care for his body and lay him to rest. Parents of preemies experience a unique bonding that involves the fear of losing their baby. Now their fear is realize in a way never imagined. :(

Thank you.

So then my next question is, does anyone think LE would go to these lengths to find Gannon?

Sigh......

I so want him found. I thought they would have found him a while ago. She will never give up his location. Such a vile evil woman.

MOO

I know, I think about where on earth that little boy could be and his poor family every day.

I've always had confidence that they were pulling out all the stops for him but the 107+ search warrants and long preliminary witness list that includes many of these tech companies, various financial institutions, and tons of FBI agents and analysts is reassuring.

Thank you.

Sigh......

MOO
IMO I think EPSO would absolutely go through these kinds of lengths to find Gannon.

The tears Spokesperson Jackies was holding back when she was reading that statement from Al.
The look on Sgt M face every time she spoke to the press.
The amount of resources they put into the searches just up on the 105.
And these are just what we have been able to see. I imagine there has been much more emotion behind the scenes. These people care. And not I have to care because it's my job.

I honestly feel they will never stop working on finding him. Even if it is 10 years form now, I believe that Gannon has touched so many hearts, especially the people working so hard to find him, that they will never give up.

My thought was surveillance video captured TS disposing of a suitcase, duffel bag, etc. in a dumpster. And by the time it was realized, it was to late to recover his body, and that would be confirmed by the witness from waste management. Your vision on the legal aspect is 20/20.

Horrible is the parents grieving the death of their son without the ability to care for his body and lay him to rest. Parents of preemies experience a unique bonding that involves the fear of losing their baby. Now their fear is realize in a way never imagined. :(

True.

My gut feeling is they don't have that sort of incriminating video but it's possible. To be clear, I'm not saying they don't have evidence to convict her. I expect they do. But I doubt they have evidence to determine he's definitely in the landfill. In other cases that I know of where kids have been assumed to have been put in landfills but not found, they either had a belated confession or had testimony from witnesses. Maybe I'll be surprised. But I'm not sure if they did have belatedly discovered video showing TS at a dumpster on X date, why there wouldn't be efforts to find him. It might be difficult but likely not impossible given that truck dumping isn't done randomly. I'd also be surprised if they have been searching the landfill in secret. I think that would get out. But maybe not. JMO

Does anyone remember the abandoned shopping mall visited with high LE presence somewhere in Security- Widefield area in the very early days? It was downplayed as a routine LE exercise.
im new here as of today.i saw this question and just happened to have that video up. i hope this doesnt break any rules Dominating News on Twitter

Thank you.

Sigh......

MOO
BBM:

7029.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads