The British Royal Family #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Royal Family
A message from Her Majesty The Queen:

"As Philip and I arrive at Windsor today, we know that many individuals and families across the United Kingdom, and around the world, are entering a period of great concern and uncertainty.

We are all being advised to change our normal routines and regular patterns of life for the greater good of the communities we live in and, in particular, to protect the most vulnerable within them.

At times such as these, I am reminded that our nation’s history has been forged by people and communities coming together to work as one, concentrating our combined efforts with a focus on the common goal.

We are enormously thankful for the expertise and commitment of our scientists, medical practitioners and emergency and public services; but now more than any time in our recent past, we all have a vitally important part to play as individuals - today and in the coming days, weeks and months.

Many of us will need to find new ways of staying in touch with each other and making sure that loved ones are safe. I am certain we are up to that challenge. You can be assured that my family and I stand ready to play our part."

- ELIZABETH R

www.royal.uk

There haven't been any local sightings and pretty sure they would have been outed if they were out and about, people are taking the stay home message pretty serious in BC (we have highest # of cases in Canada right now) and everyone knows these 2 plus their staff have been out of the country recently. They are stuck here at the moment, even if they found a way to fly out of Canada, they don't meet any of the exception requirements to get back in. It's a good thing they got back when they did or else they would have been apart from Archie even longer...

The point is that she should never have flown to the U.K. when there was already a COVID-19 crisis. This increased the transfer of the virus to a large number of people due to shaking hands, hugging, close contact, and then flying back to (possibly Canada). Again, I don't think we know for certain where they are. What we do know is that there was no reason for her to be in the U.K.

Because of this her post is in poor taste.
Hopefully she will not start posting pictures of herself visiting COVID-19 patients, and home bound seniors.
We have people who are losing almost their entire income now that schools and daycares have been closed down. There are companies that are going to go under due to lost income.
Right now is not the time for Meghan Markle and her PR. This is why she is not getting positive responses to her Instagram post.

The point is that she should never have flown to the U.K. when there was already a COVID-19 crisis. This increased the transfer of the virus to a large number of people due to shaking hands, hugging, close contact, and then flying back to (possibly Canada). Again, I don't think we know for certain where they are. What we do know is that there was no reason for her to be in the U.K.

Because of this her post is in poor taste.
Hopefully she will not start posting pictures of herself visiting COVID-19 patients, and home bound seniors.
We have people who are losing almost their entire income now that schools and daycares have been closed down. There are companies that are going to go under due to lost income.
Right now is not the time for Meghan Markle and her PR. This is why she is not getting positive responses to her Instagram post.

Well said! No one needs or appreciates practiced courtesy.

Coronavirus: Three grandmothers self-isolating together
Doreen Burns, Carol Spark and Dotty Robinson are all in their 70s and have known each other for over 40 years.

The women, who all live in Salford in Greater Manchester, have come up with a plan to live together when further restrictions are brought in.

They spoke to BBC Breakfast reporter Jayne McCubbin.

The three grandmothers self-isolating together

Brought this link over from the COVID thread because this is adorable. These three grandmothers, it’s a beautiful thing.

Yes, our older peeps especially 70 and up are more at risk for severe symptoms. Though some, like the grandmothers seem pretty robust and full of humor! Good for them!

The Royal Family
A message from Her Majesty The Queen:

"As Philip and I arrive at Windsor today, we know that many individuals and families across the United Kingdom, and around the world, are entering a period of great concern and uncertainty.

We are all being advised to change our normal routines and regular patterns of life for the greater good of the communities we live in and, in particular, to protect the most vulnerable within them.

At times such as these, I am reminded that our nation’s history has been forged by people and communities coming together to work as one, concentrating our combined efforts with a focus on the common goal.

We are enormously thankful for the expertise and commitment of our scientists, medical practitioners and emergency and public services; but now more than any time in our recent past, we all have a vitally important part to play as individuals - today and in the coming days, weeks and months.

Many of us will need to find new ways of staying in touch with each other and making sure that loved ones are safe. I am certain we are up to that challenge. You can be assured that my family and I stand ready to play our part."

- ELIZABETH R

www.royal.uk

Good Morning Britain is reporting today that there has been discussions regarding Her Majesty The Queen addressing the nation at some point.

Royal chef reveals incredible ways the royal family has previously dealt with food shortages: 'They had their own farm and were breeding pigs.'

Diana's chef Darren McGrady has shed a light on how the royal family have adapted during times of food shortages in the past. Darren, who worked as a chef to both the Queen, Diana, Princes William and Harry collectively for fifteen years, explained how royals such as King George V and the Queen coped during war eras, describing the family's approach as "fascinating".

Speaking to HELLO! he recalled how King George V created "elevenses" in response to food rations during WWI. Darren explained: "King George V was the one who started elevenses, [when] you sort of stop about 11 o'clock and have a cup of tea and a snack. He started it because it was during the war, food was being rationed, and people weren't getting food. So he thought if the royal kitchens made soup and fed the staff a big bowl of hearty soup, then when it came to lunchtime, they wouldn’t be that hungry."

Africa's black rhino population is on the rise and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will be pleased to hear it

Conservation is an important cause for the Sussexes, and for Prince Harry in particular, as he spent time working with projects across Africa to protect black rhinos in 2015, after leaving the army. He is also patron of Rhino Conservation Botswana.

The Duke and Duchess will therefore be delighted to know that Africa's black rhino population saw an annual growth rate of 2.5 per cent between 2012 and 2019, from an estimated 4,845 to 5,630 animals in the wild, according to the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).

Africa's black rhino population is on the rise and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will be pleased to hear it

Conservation is an important cause for the Sussexes, and for Prince Harry in particular, as he spent time working with projects across Africa to protect black rhinos in 2015, after leaving the army. He is also patron of Rhino Conservation Botswana.

The Duke and Duchess will therefore be delighted to know that Africa's black rhino population saw an annual growth rate of 2.5 per cent between 2012 and 2019, from an estimated 4,845 to 5,630 animals in the wild, according to the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
PW is a big advocate for saving the Rhinos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads