Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The remains were found Tuesday by a Florida Department of Transportation road crew doing work in the area around U.S. 90 and the Escambia River Bridge, said Sgt. Rich Alloy of the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office in Florida. The construction crew called the sheriff’s office to report the found body. An autopsy was performed and results indicated the body belongs to Gannon, according to an El Paso County Sheriff’s Office news release. A gag order is in place for investigators and attorney’s involved in the case, and the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office said Friday it is not allowed to comment further on the remains."
Body of missing Colorado Springs 11-year-old Gannon Stauch found in Florida.

what?! How on earth... but at the same time I am glad he was found and can have a proper burial. So sad.

(edited to correct typo)

Last edited:
Page 10 of the Complaint and Information shows FBI agents (in order) from Amarillo, Abilene, Frisco, Shreveport, Monroe (LA), Jackson (MS) and Jacksonville. Also, Dalton (GA) and Columbia SC. That may have been a circuitous route from CO.

WOW. Thanks for this duck!

This matches up perfectly with Luc’s map of a possible route she took. Looks like they knew. Good one on them!

Last edited:
I know nothing about the area where he was found but after looking at maps had a thought. Would it be possible that she actually dumped him in the water and he washed up recently, hence why the body may be better preserved than if it was exposed to the elements this whole time? Sounds like they found more than just "remains".
no, where he was found the water never gets in that area, ive been there many times.
What about the saucer-sized pool of blood, though; the bloody 2x4; and the bloody sock?

This seems like a lot of blood and beatings, re: a victim you eventually intended trafficking.
didn't say he was in great health, after she beat him is probably when she made the conclusion to hand him off, pedo,s don't care about that stuff, they beat their captures all the time, its just a lot to think about …..that poor child.

Page 10 of the Complaint and Information shows FBI agents (in order) from Amarillo, Abilene, Frisco, Shreveport, Monroe (LA), Jackson (MS) and Jacksonville. Also, Dalton (GA) and Columbia SC. That may have been a circuitous route from CO.

Thanks for sharing this. Can't wait to see her timeline.

Well I’m confident it’s been filed, so it’s all a matter of when the judge rules. I don’t think this requires any live hearings, so hopefully it’s a quick decision.

I read that the court has 21 days from the motion to unseal the affidavit is filed to make a decision.
I can't remember offhand where I read it, but if challenged- I know I can produce a link.

El Paso Sheriff's Office: Human remains found in Florida 'tentatively identified' as Gannon Stauch

The sheriff's office said they were contacted by the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office in Florida on Wednesday about a deceased juvenile male found in Pace, north of Pensacola. The District One Medical Examiner performed an autopsy and tentatively identified the juvenile as Gannon Stauch, according to the El Paso Sheriff's Office.
Omg! PACe!!! OMG....y'all this is blowing my mind. I have family is Colorado springs and pace\pcola....

If there is another arrest, this would (IMO) be for crimes committed after the fact.

Today we finally understand why law enforcement was so confident Gannon was dead (she moved him and left a damning trail).

She has to be freaking out, as the body was the only card she had left.
Hey mass could this be a federal crime taking the body across a lot of states line. Just wow wtf she took him to Florida I am so glad he was found and Landen and al and family can have closure and lay him to rest

Does crossing state lines make it now a Federal matter?

Absolutely. Crossing state lines during the commission of a felony can invoke federal charges. Link below describes. It gets a little complicated. Like the state where the murder took place could prosecute the murder and moving the body part if he was deceased could be a federal crime or even if he was moved while alive, then federal kidnapping charges could be incurred.

"A crime where the defendant crosses state lines, for example, a person who takes a kidnapping victim from Oregon to Nevada,"

State Crimes vs. Federal Crimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member