Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
PENNSYLVANIA & NEW JERSEY

Coronavirus testing sites expand; N.J. warns of nonessential business closure coming
YVLZU5PZNBARRHRWB3KXVZSOLU.jpg

“We are clearly in the rapid growth phase of this epidemic,” said Thomas Farley, health commissioner of Philadelphia, where the number of confirmed cases reached 67, catching up to Montgomery County, which had 68.

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy said he would likely announce Saturday a limit or even a ban on “gatherings of any sort” and an order for all nonessential businesses to close, saying he had no choice but to “tighten the screws” on social distancing measures.

Meanwhile, Gov. Tom Wolf revised his order for all Pennsylvania businesses that don’t provide “life-sustaining” services to shut down, expanding the types of businesses that can continue with physical operations after mass confusion and backlash from business owners and trade groups.

[...]

Yes, I do. And I had a lot of friends have something nasty including some in ICU in Nov. and Dec. in ICUs for pneumonia ( and one with sepsis). One thing I want to look up is that if my memory serves me right - I read about a massive chicken culling in China last year? Just food for thought.
So here is a question for people on here .

does anybody suspect they had this in late January/February?

I am now convinced I had this at the end of January as I had a hacking dry cough , high temperature and earlier on I went though my whatsapp messages from January and I also complained of Shortness of breath and my ribs and Lungs hurting from the coughing and the headache. This went on for about 8 days for me so all the symptoms would match.

I also travelled twice to France by coach there and back and went to Wales so I would of certainly been open to infection.

Although, officials said if you don’t have any of the main coronavirus symptoms (dry cough/fever/shortness of breath) you are asked to stay home to keep from getting infected.

This is concerning. I tend to think too many without symptoms will get tested. People seem to not understand, if negative, it is only for that moment, the time of the test per Dr. Birx. (Posted numerous Xs). Are people confused, believing a negative ensures them they won’t get it?

Golly from Rapid DNA to Rapid Covid...

Rapid COVID-19 tests expected in Colorado next week

“DENVER (KDVR) -- COVID-19 test kits that can produce results in anywhere from two to 10 minutes are expected to arrive at Denver International Airport early next week.

"We do have confirmation from the manufacturer that it is to be shipped out over the weekend. We would expect to have it early next week here in Denver," Josh Disbrow, the CEO of AYTU BioScience, said.

Disbrow's company has the North American rights to distribute the same rapid tests used to get COVID-19 results quickly in China.

The news came just two days after Disbrow asked the Problem Solvers to get the attention of

Coronavirus moving into least prepared nations in South America and Africa
''DAKAR, Senegal -- The West African nation of Mali has roughly one ventilator per 1 million people - 20 in all to help the critically ill with respiratory failure. In Peru, with more than 32 million people, about 350 beds in intensive care units exist.

The coronavirus is now moving into parts of the world that may be the least prepared. Some countries in Africa and Latin America lack the equipment or even trained health workers to respond.

Many of their nations are slamming shut borders and banning large gatherings in the hope of avoiding the scenes in wealthier countries such as Italy and the U.S., but local transmission of the virus has begun.

Containing that spread is the new challenge. Africa has more than 900 confirmed cases and Latin America more than 2,500, but an early response is crucial as fragile health systems could be quickly overwhelmed.

With such limited resources, experts say identifying cases, tracing and testing are key.

“We have seen how the virus actually accelerates that after a certain ... tipping point. So the best advice for Africa is to prepare for the worst and prepare today,”

BBM. Same situation here in the Southeast US. My small grocery store had about 3-4 people per aisle, plenty of room, but people seemed to bunch up in the aisles and not respect distances. The outer aisles where meat and dairy products have been decimated seemed to be the least busy as everyone took a look at the empty shelves and moved on. Very few shoppers were wearing masks and none were respecting social distancing. I received quite a few open mouthed stares as I darted around with my gloves, mask, wrap around sunglasses and a head scarf to cover my hair and ears. But none of those moved out of my way so I could get the items I needed and just get out of there. People seemed to be strolling and stopping to talk to neighbors they ran into like it was just another vacation day. :confused:o_O

I had to circle the outer aisles of the store about 5 times waiting for some aisles to clear of enough people for my comfort level. By my 5th lap around the store I figured out people only moved out of my way if I coughed a bit behind my mask. I didn't do it on purpose, but I coughed because I was starting to get very warm and having trouble breathing with everything I was wearing. People jumped out of my way when I coughed and they walked in the other direction from me. The same people who were lollygagging and close-talking with one another and didn't budge before when I stood 6 feet behind them waiting for them to move on. That tells me they are well aware of corona virus and all that is going on but they don't have a clue about how it spreads.

It's like they think it can only be spread by actively sick people (fever and cough). I felt like everyone in the store thought I must only be wearing a mask because I'm sick. I'm well right now but I don't want to get sick. And if I happen to have it I could be contagious for a few days before I get any symptoms. I wear a mask and keep my distance to protect myself and to protect my community. I understand many were caught off guard and have no masks and no rubber gloves but it seems like my community doesn't get social distancing at all. Ugh. Sorry for the rant. It's been percolating since my appalling trip to the store. Americans are doomed if people keep acting so carelessly in public. :mad::(
MOO.

I'm with you on all of this. There needs to be more education about how this is spreading. I made sure not to touch anything in the market unless I was buying it. Thank you for doing your part, I know that I appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else here does too.

@Tricia has asked for us to private message her about new threads we would like to see on the COVID-19 Forum.

Thank you Tricia!

Thank you for letting us know @zencompass Unfortunately I think we are going to need separate threads for our different continents/countries i.e U.S, Canada, South America, U.K, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia/NZ if possible please. The amount of news for all over the world being posted in one thread is becoming overwhelming.

It is going to become very important as things tragically worsen that we are able to get the news that applies to the country we live in @Tricia I don’t know if this is possible but this is probably the most serious crisis the world will face in our lifetimes.

Hey Everyone,

We are putting together a forum for the virus. If you have any ideas for the categories to be included in the forum please send me a private message. Here is what I am thinking so far:
Each state will have its own thread. We will ask everyone to put in information about their state.
A general discussion where this thread and the past threads will be located.
A media thread of course.
Debunking all the kooky crap out there discussion.
Daily count of how many cases are being reported and how many deaths. We would have other countries included. This would be a no discussion thread too.
I have a few more ideas but I am open to anything.
Thanks.
Tricia

Let me clear something up. We will all be together on this thread discussing just like we are now. The other categories will be added so you all can access certain pieces of info more quickly.
I’m thinking food and recipes strategies for grocery shopping and bring out in public and precautions? Thanks Tricia

So here is a question for people on here .

does anybody suspect they had this in late January/February?

I am now convinced I had this at the end of January as I had a hacking dry cough , high temperature and earlier on I went though my whatsapp messages from January and I also complained of Shortness of breath and my ribs and Lungs hurting from the coughing and the headache. This went on for about 8 days for me so all the symptoms would match.

I also travelled twice to France by coach there and back and went to Wales so I would of certainly been open to infection.

Well we know this goes back to Nov. 17, if not Dec. 1.

That much we can say.

I absolutely think this stuff has been going around a while, shoot we’ve seen how fast this spreads when we DO know about it...I was thinking today about postmortem diagnosis, wondering, I’m sure they are, looking back on recent respiratory related deaths.

I even said here in a thread before CV that I literally know 5 people at the moment with pneumonia. Of course I’m not saying they all of any had CV19. Out of curiosity I want to find that post and check the date.

We know flu season produces increased...my point is if they didn’t know back then that it wasn’t influenza related or regular pneumonias...

Dr. LW knew in Dec (thought it was SARS at first but STILL)

Jmo

@Bravo when did you have pneumonia? Of course I’m not saying by any means that’s what you Jax, just wondering what date that was so I can find the post because that’s when I happened to mention that , probably nothing, we are Sleuthers wth let’s give it a go .

—-

Found Deceased - OH - Harley Dilly, 14, walking to Port Clinton High School, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Dec. 20. Coincidence. Or not. Idk.

What day was Dr. LW’s chat? I linked it in an early video.

Last edited:
Golly from Rapid DNA to Rapid Covid...

Rapid COVID-19 tests expected in Colorado next week

“DENVER (KDVR) -- COVID-19 test kits that can produce results in anywhere from two to 10 minutes are expected to arrive at Denver International Airport early next week.

"We do have confirmation from the manufacturer that it is to be shipped out over the weekend. We would expect to have it early next week here in Denver," Josh Disbrow, the CEO of AYTU BioScience, said.

Disbrow's company has the North American rights to distribute the same rapid tests used to get COVID-19 results quickly in China.

The news came just two days after Disbrow asked the Problem Solvers to get the attention of

The story says a phlebotomist has to draw blood under a doctor's supervision

The Denver Dept of Public Health may have some other ideas about this

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics