Southwest States - AZ, CA, CO, NM, OK, TX, AR, LA, UT, NV - Weather Discussion

Hey everyone! Spotter, here. I'm in an elevated risk area but not the moderate or high, thank goodness. Today is a significant day. We're just waiting for it to blow.

The tornado watch issued this afternoon is only the second time in SPC history that has a 95% risk level for all categories: tornado, wind and hail. The other instance was in Alabama on April 27, 2011.

It's also only the 23rd time the SPC has issued a high risk category for tor since 2010. The last time was over two years ago.

And then there's the flooding threat.

Significant alert day for TX and OK (see other thread). Also, mods could we get KS added to this thread/group? We seem to fit here better than the other one. Thanks!

Colorado has had a strange summer. June was cool and wet and we even had snow. July was hot and wet and August has been hot and dry. Next week looks like we might cool down just a bit.

Called for a foot of snow here in the high country but don't think will get that.

We got about 8 inches here south of Denver. A few days ago the wind gusts were more of a problem then the snow IMO. Now it’s just icy, mostly on the side streets. Haven’t had a chance to watch the updated forecasts because I just walked in from work. Still predicting more snow tonight? Setting my alarm for early just in case!

Denver is under a winter storm watch two days after the city hit 101 degrees - CNN

Residents of the Mile High City will go from experiencing record heat to preparing for a sudden snow storm. The city is expecting a more than 60-degree drop in daily high temperatures, from 101 degrees on Saturday to a predicted 32 degrees on Tuesday. Sunday was kind of hot too, with a high of 97.

Blasts of strong winds with cold fronts, as well as rain and snow, are expected Monday evening, the National Weather Service (NWS) in Denver/Boulder announced.

My family lives in New Mexico & could use the precipitation and a break from the heat!

The snow will be sooty since California is apparently still on fire.

Just a scattering, but real snow -- sooty -- in my family's yard this morning!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back