NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #4

Bringing forthevictims post over here from the Allenstown thread
No one is giving up. Also hoping for info on the Orange County (Southern Calif.) victims from 1985 after 20/20 release on March 20th.
I'm looking forward to this!
It's good to see they are still working on this beyond identifying his daughter (which hopefully will happen very soon.)

In 1995, scavengers found a refrigerator containing what former San Joaquin County Assistant Sheriff John Huber believes may be another one of Rasmussen’s victims. The refrigerator had been dumped in a canal in San Joaquin County, California.

“The scavengers actually walked out in the middle [of the canal], because it was just mud … cut the rope and opened it up here and that's when they saw what they thought was a human being inside,” Huber told “20/20.”

In 1995, scavengers found a refrigerator containing what former detective John Huber believes may be another one of Rasmussen’s victims. The refrigerator had been dumped in a canal in San Joaquin County, California.

Huber said the body of a woman was found in a state of advanced decomposition and police couldn’t discern the woman’s facial features. She had been placed in the refrigerator with a pillow, sleeping bag and what appeared to be several blankets, he said.

Also in the refrigerator, was a unique brand of milk that was only delivered to a certain area that matched up with where Rasmussen had been at the time, Huber said.

Additionally, Huber said the woman’s remains bore the hallmarks of Rasmussen’s other victims...”

Serial killer Terry Rasmussen's victims, known and unknown

I posted this same thing in the Allenstown 4 thread. Does anyone know if we have a thread for the Jane Doe found in San Joaquin County in 1995?

Well, this is something they never mentioned before. Hmmm.
Yes, it was mentioned on the Bear Brook Podcast.

eta: "Chameleon" episode
In 1995, someone looking for metal cans along the side of the road in Holt, California found a refrigerator dumped in an irrigation ditch. The fridge was tied shut with a rope. Inside, the scavenger found the body of woman. She was wrapped in a sleeping bag and stuffed into one of the refrigerator’s compartments. Her hands were bound with electrical tape. She was gagged with a sock and that was held down by electrical tape. She died from a blow to the head.

Does anyone know if TR ever worked at Carnivals or county fairs and the time frame? I just started reading about him and I'm shook. I believe I may have come into contact with him many years ago (1999)after looking at his photo.

Does anyone know if TR ever worked at Carnivals or county fairs and the time frame? I just started reading about him and I'm shook. I believe I may have come into contact with him many years ago (1999)after looking at his photo.
I have seen rumors that he could have been associated with traveling carnivals. Although I couldn’t tell you where I read that, I’ve read so much about him. I do know I haven’t seen it mentioned too many places or by too many people. If I had to take a guess, I’d say it was on a Facebook thread and quite some time ago. Someone thought he may have worked at one in Texas. If I’m remembering correctly, and I may not be. I know I’ve seen it somewhere though.

If it was him you encountered, I’m very glad to be having this conversation with you!!

What State would this have been in?

I taped it and am watching it now. Has some stuff I never heard before like TR telling the people at the Scott’s Valley trailer park that Lisa’s mother had died after running into the street and being hit by a car :eek:

I've watched the youtube clips and I don't think it's the whole episode. ABC's website show it as 1h21m and the youtube clips only come to ~38m. I guess I'll have to wait a week or 2 for the rest.

It only gets to the point where LE find out Lisa isn't Larry Vanner's daughter (some great doggedness by detective Roxanne).

I've watched the youtube clips and I don't think it's the whole episode. ABC's website show it as 1h21m and the youtube clips only come to ~38m. I guess I'll have to wait a week or 2 for the rest.

It only gets to the point where LE find out Lisa isn't Larry Vanner's daughter (some great doggedness by detective Roxanne).

The rest is in the Youtube comments section. The video was broken up and posted to abc's website. It was all released at once in pieces there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog
Back