Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it get clear under the bridge, then? Am I missing something? In that crime scene video, the people are having to go down under the bridge. I doubt she left it in plain sight in between the two roadways. Maybe.

Here is a map I made. I have to see things sometimes to properly visualize actions taken. The two small red arrows show the direction you would travel on the bridge... the big red arrow shows where an object could be dropped off the bridge. The left hand, eastbound lane of the bridge is higher up than the right hand, westbound lane.
ETA: Red line on right hand, westbound lane where LE was pulled over in news stories.

Attachments

• BRIDGE.jpg
    BRIDGE.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 122
  • BRIDGE2.jpg
    BRIDGE2.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 107
I’m behind so not sure if anyone has answered this yet but I took a screenshot on the day she posted the pic of him waving. It was on February 16th per the date on my SS. This was also the same day she said she was in Daytona and “it was great hanging with the crew”. She opened her fb back up for only a short time on this day. Prior to this she had fb open and I recall her changing her residence to Texas for a short time then changed it to South Carolina. I don’t have dates of this as I did not Screenshot.
I have a SS of her FB page showing “Lives in Dallas. “
It’s not mine, as I didn’t see it. It’s from someone else posting it in a group on Feb 9th.

I
She may end up Queen of Prison if they don't watch her carefully. In fact, she'll probably modulate her behavior in order to do that. She will be quite scary to others. She will attempt to seduce everyone - emotionally, sexually, intellectually, etc. She will present herself as a "doctor" and act as teacher/therapist to the others. Hopefully, the prison will put a kabash on all that. They've seen it many times.

She isn't treatable in any traditional sense of the word. IMO, she's also completely empty inside, without any moorings in a real identity or set of morals. While she was the wife of Albert, she behaved as a military wife does (while simultaneously lying about her education and her jobs, IMO). But the instant he started to move away from her psychologically, she turned viciously on him and revealed that without the structure of their life together, she is pretty much an archetypal Monster - the kind that sucks everything into its maw, with machine-like qualities that no one would usually describe as human.
I wish I could like this 1,000 times! IMO you hit the nail on the head.

El Paso I thought found out Wednesday I read. So I'm curious about the speed in which those new charges were brought. It doesn't seem that 48 hours is time enough to accumulate enough evidence. I read the LE is just now asking if anyone had seen her in that area between 2/3 & 2/5. So why bring the charges before you have video and/or eyewitness? What's the big hurry to file the new charges?

Can you please post the crime scene video of LE at the bridge? I didn’t know there was video. Thanks.

I can't post it because it's SM but if you go to Spencer Wilson's twitter feed, it's his latest video. He used the available crime scene video in his report. He's a good person to follow on this case, MSM and we can post about what he says (not sure if we can post links to his video - probably).

It’s like they stumble into a moment of smart in one aspect of the crime, or, they benefit from a perfect alignment of circumstances that results in success, however temporary.

I’m guessing the house indicated a serious crime, I would bet that at least one minor in the home also gave information that contributed to the picture, and her Apple watch stupidity led LE to an area where they may have found evidence of a second crime, and perhaps revealed a body had been there. They had to have had evidence of serious harm, or even death, beyond a sock and a piece of wood. Otherwise, I don’t see Dan May signing off.

I wasn’t on board with the moved body scenario, because I didn’t think she was that ambitious beyond her desired goal of murder, but here we are. I just find it amazing that she did such high risk things, but these types all seem to share that crazy trait. We don’t understand it because we would never cross the series of lines these people cross. It’s one thing to cross the first line, but she did subsequent multiple leaps and hand springs, and across a big section of geography.
Exactly. If you asked me early on if she moved the body, I would have said “no way.”

After she was arrested for murder, I figured she must have done that, as that’s the only way I could see there being enough evidence to prove that he was in fact dead, and she “tampered” with the body (forensic proof).

After her arrest, I would have told you that Gannon would definitely be found in the state of Colorado, and it would likely take until Spring before someone found him.

To take his body with her, and drive all the way to Florida, is absolutely unfathomable. It’s unprecedented, atleast under these specific circumstances (the heat was cranking up, and the country was looking at her).

What she did breaks just about every rule (in regards to a crime like this).

In some cases there is a question as to if someone could potentially get away with it. There are absolutely no such concerns here.

There’s going to be enough evidence to convict her a dozen times.

She tampered with the body by moving it, which falls under what she’s already been charged with.

Crossing state lines would be some sort of a Federal charge, which is outside the scope of the Colorado state charges.

Then ..... if she has not been charged federally ..... do we have to conclude hand off to an accomplice Colorado and someone else drove the rental to Florida.

Then ..... if she has not been charged federally ..... do we have to conclude hand off to an accomplice Colorado and someone else drove the rental to Florida.
No. I don’t think there’s any evidence she had help here, and there would certainly be charges against these people if that was the case.

No hand off, no help from some outside party.

There almost certainly will not be federal charges here, despite the grounds that may exist. The state has her dead to rights, and the Feds have no reason to step in.

They rarely do in cases like this.

1. Maybe I misunderstood you. But you said What did she do for those 3 hours in the rental? Anyway, that could be easily proven, when she rented.

What could easily be proven? What she did for 3 hours? How could that be proven?

2. "wonder if anyone else used her car"
This would mean indicating someone else was to blame.

She is to blame and no one else. And 13 charges against her back that up.
Looks like I may have been wrong about her picking AS up at 11:30 or so. It doesn't make any difference, if she didn't have those extra hours before she picked him up, she had the hours after she picked him up and they quit "searching".
"When she rented" could be easily proven, same with when he came in.
Wondering who may have used her car, if anyone, I was clearly wondering if an accomplice used it. If so, they would have had 2 cars doing things at the same time, the rental and her car. I did mention earlier that this would assume her car was in a place at the airport which would not be monitored or time ticketed.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I have been trying to catch up these last few days, but with the kids being out of school, things have been a bit crazy around here. Since hearing about poor Gannon being found and reading the charges, I have barely been able to think of anything else. I am not sure if this has been posted yet, but I have come up with a theory based upon LS statements, other sleuth's thoughts, etc. This is going to be long, so bear with me:
As always, this is all MOO

Sunday night, as everyone pretty much knows , she hurt him. Maybe he did knock over a candle, maybe not. But she got angry. I believe it is at this time that she stabbed him with something. From information that I learned long ago, it is incredibly difficult mentally, and physically to actually follow through with stabbing. So, this is where the “I’m bleeding” part comes into play. I think that he was crying in pain during the video....but he was not mortally wounded. She could have possibly felt that he was either too “noisy” or, realized that he not not wounded deeply enough, so she hit him with a board to knock him unconscious, hoping he’d bleed out. This could explain the bloody board that SHE mentioned.
There is unconfirmed footage from Sunday night of her loading things into the back of the truck. So she either assumed he’d die over night in his room and got “ tools”ready for a burial, or she knew he wasn’t going to die that night, but had to finish the job on Monday.
Monday, he may have come to and was still woozy, and in pain so that could explain his walking oddly to the truck. We know that he wasn’t exactly gushing blood onto the driveway, because SOMEONE would have leaked info from the neighborhood of LS or LE cleaning the driveway. This is another reason that I believe the stabbing wasn’t fatal. I think she either took him in the truck under a false promise of medical help, or under a threat. There may have been an area that she took him to and shot him to finish the job. I think she hid his body near the area he was killed.
At some point she went back and grabbed him, then drove either half way to Florida, hid him again and drove back to Colorado Springs, or drove him all of the way from his original place during the period from 3-5th of February.

I feel absolutely horrible even trying to come up with theories. It breaks my heart that this little boy has suffered so much.

I

I wish I could like this 1,000 times! IMO you hit the nail on the head.

Thank you - I think maybe I have a talent for describing totally crazy people. Not sure what it's good for, but it comes from years of experience in mental hospitals and jails (as a researcher and consultant, not an inmate). I met my first borderline patient in 1978 or so. She totally took me in. Probably not as severe as LS, but I learned a lot from the nurses, especially, about how they operate. There was a reason she was in a locked ward.

It's very similar to writing about other cultures, actually. These people are like entire continents of "otherness."

No. I don’t think there’s any evidence she had help here, and there would certainly be charges against these people if that was the case.

There almost certainly will not be federal charges here, despite the grounds that may exist. The state has her dead to rights, and the Feds have no reason to step in.

IMO, and correct me if I'm wrong, the feds would only charge her if the Colorado trial fell apart (think Casey Anthony). Or would that not fly since she had already been found innocent of murder charges?

Crime of transporting a body across state lines - dead or alive (kidnapping) is still there. And that’s federal.

El Paso I thought found out Wednesday I read. So I'm curious about the speed in which those new charges were brought. It doesn't seem that 48 hours is time enough to accumulate enough evidence. I read the LE is just now asking if anyone had seen her in that area between 2/3 & 2/5. So why bring the charges before you have video and/or eyewitness? What's the big hurry to file the new charges?

BBM:

They have the requisite evidence to bring those additional charges.

That evidence was on GS's body.

The charges were filed after the autopsy was completed.

The autopsy report provided LE with the evidence.

JMO.

Last edited:
How could a body sit in the elements in Florida for that long and still be intact and recognizable as a male from a random passerby? He called 911 and said he found a male. And what did she do with him the whole time she was in CO, doing the cousin It interview, n God only knows what else?

The body was in a suitcase, and it was February/March. This area of the Gulf Coast does have a winter and some cool temperatures. The body was not baking in the heat nor was it completely open to the elements.

I'm trying to be sensitive and respectful here....but is it possible that Gannon was frozen? I haven't been able to keep up with all of the details of this case. But that would slow the decomp quite a bit.

There is a lot of heavy fog in this area, especially during February and early March. Early mornings and late evenings can be very foggy by the river.

I'm wondering if that was good cover for TS......

IMO, and correct me if I'm wrong, the feds would only charge her if the Colorado trial fell apart (think Casey Anthony). Or would that not fly since she had already been found innocent of murder charges?
Yes. That is the only circumstance I could see that happening. It’s great to have an insurance policy like that, but it’s going to be completely unnecessary.

When something like that does happen (it’s happened in murder cases), the Feds can prosecute, as it doesn’t violate double jeopardy rules.

I recall the case of Timothy Hennis in North Carolina. He was found guilty of triple murder, sentenced to death, had his conviction overturned, was found not-guilty, and was ultimately prosecuted again years later in military court (he was in the army at the time of the murders). He was once again found guilty, and is currently on death row.

That’s not to say there is a potential federal murder charge here, but any federal crimes could be pursued.

I am quite sure now that they got hits on decomposition in various vehicles which somewhat sealed her fate and made it possible to charge her with murder without a body. Blood found in the house and all the other evidence she scattered around just made it that much more clear that Gannon was dead.

For someone who thinks they're pretty smart, she is in fact, extremely stupid.

I hate this woman.

MOO

Last edited:
She tampered with the body by moving it, which falls under what she’s already been charged with.

Crossing state lines would be some sort of a Federal charge, which is outside the scope of the Colorado state charges.

Isn't crossing state lines what makes it a federal crime and death penalty eligible? I swear I remember that is what made Yingying Zhang's killer death penalty eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77