Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I considered hitting my like button a dozen times so you received a dozen alerts equating to just how much I like this post. But instead, to save your sanity, THANK YOU.
Thank You.

I just googled and this article , a scientific review from 2005, popped up.

It makes me feel like we could have a credible treatment in the not too distant future.

Senator Cuomo has 10, 000 doses to test on NYC's most severe cases. That should tell us a lot.

Still can't keep my 88 year old mother and my 89 year old father (who is a cancer survivor) at home..my sister's called me and said my mom went to the base commissary this morning (dad is retired Air Force) but it was too crowded, so they wouldn't let her in...thank goodness.

They have more than enough supplies and everything they need and 5 of my brothers and sisters live streets away from them...yet my Dad is in Costco today of all places.

One of my sister's called him and tried to reason with him, but my dad is like "I survived WW2 and survived Vietnam, none of my kids are going to tell me what to do" ...but its not just him you see...they also take care of my handicapped sister who is in her 60's and has a myraid of health issues, diabetes being one of them.

Sigh...I just dont get it...oh and they do not live in a small town, quite the opposite, they live in an extremely crowded suburb of DC.
My neighbours are in their 80s and I've offered to help. They aren't interested and are going about their business like nothing has changed. The husband has COPD! I'm worried for them. And my best friend's parents who are in their early 90s are the same way. They still make weekly trips to the grocery store. I think a lot of seniors are in denial for one reason or another.

Canadian health officials have repeatedly said that the tests are only effective after there are symptoms. Prime Minister Trudeau does not have any symptoms, so his test will come back negative - according to the Canadian health minister.
Whoever says you can only test positive if you have symptoms don't know what they are talking about. There have been numerous reports of people testing positive and not having symptoms.
For example, out of 4 NBA players testing positive, only one was reported to have symptoms, other 3 were asymptomatic. Yet they still tested positive.

Thank You.

I just googled and this article , a scientific review from 2005, popped up.

It makes me feel like we could have a credible treatment in the not too distant future.

Senator Cuomo has 10, 000 doses to test on NYC's most severe cases. That should tell us a lot.
Do you have a link for the "10,000 doses in Governor Cuomo's command" information?

I know that NYS topped 10,000 cases, announced by Gov. Cuomo today.

Last edited:
Louisiana.......story of young woman who died of coronavirus before her test results were available to her.....

This 39-year-old New Orleans woman tested for coronavirus. She died before getting her results.

A healthy young woman :( .... our government's need to be highlighting stories like this and maybe that will give the millennial's a wake up call to stay AT HOME.... everyone below 40 think they will be absolutely fine here cause we are told this virus is only severe in older people with underlying health conditions. it just doesnt seem to be the case does it?

Are they getting tests?

Wish we had a breakdown of urban and rural testing data.
  • California
    California data Grade: B • Last updated: 3/21 00:00 ET • Last checked: 3/21 15:50 ET
    Positive
    Negative Pending Hospitalized Deaths Total
    1,279 11,249

24 12,528
    Best current data source for California.

We report positives from the LA Times, which is aggregated from county-level data and is ahead of the official California data site. When using LA Times data for positives, we do not add deaths to the positive count: they are already included. Previously we added them in because the California state site had not been including them in the positive count. Negative numbers are inferred from Totals - Positives, taken from the latest press release. We are not reporting pending numbers until they are reported regularly, or from a dashboard. We assume 1 test=1 person.

Well, i need to run this by you folks: we are at a condo in Fort Myers Florida- mostly old folks here like us. I look out my lanai at the pool and there are probably 10 people in the pool with 20 more sitting around together like it is normal day (before the virus): so i call the prez of our association and she basically says legally there is nothing she can do about it; they are adults and she cannot stop them- i am so mad- these are old people, at risk- and acting like it is just a regular day in our world--- my husband and i are self isolating; we go to the grocery store and that is it-- it just makes me see red. i will make sure we don't get too close to any of them should we see them walking around. foolish

I could have never imagined in my lifetime something like this would begin! What a nightmare for everybody.
One daughter a nurse and one a teacher both of them so worried about children home with drug addicts, mental health problem parents and no food.
It's terrible what people are going through. So many small business owners trying to maintain with curb side business.
We are in a terrible catastrophe.
Watching those Spring Breakers with not caring or listening to anybody. I was so angry but then I prayed for them. 'They know not what they do'!

New York is the bomb (in the complimentary sense). Gavin Newsom in California is also doing a good job and people are listening and believing. People really really are staying home in most of urban California.

Not so much in rural northeast California. Lots of folks here think our isolation makes us immune, plus they bristle at any kind of governmental rules. Fortunately the restaurants are following the takeout-only rule (and I just bought myself a $100 gift certificate from each of our two restaurants, thankful I can afford to do that. I would spend that over the next several months anyway, and this way they get the money now to help them survive). Also glad that our county administrator and my boss (county librarian) are taking it seriously.

Two weeks ago I saw a prediction that with exponential growth we would expect to hit 300k on March 26. This is one curve it's not good to be ahead of...

Well, i need to run this by you folks: we are at a condo in Fort Myers Florida- mostly old folks here like us. I look out my lanai at the pool and there are probably 10 people in the pool with 20 more sitting around together like it is normal day (before the virus): so i call the prez of our association and she basically says legally there is nothing she can do about it; they are adults and she cannot stop them- i am so mad- these are old people, at risk- and acting like it is just a regular day in our world--- my husband and i are self isolating; we go to the grocery store and that is it-- it just makes me see red. i will make sure we don't get too close to any of them should we see them walking around. foolish

The pools were closed in my central FL retirement community. Peeps in charge set a 10-person limit, but no one paid any attention. Now the pools are locked down.

Whoever says you can only test positive if you have symptoms don't know what they are talking about. There have been numerous reports of people testing positive and not having symptoms.
For example, out of 4 NBA players testing positive, only one was reported to have symptoms, other 3 were asymptomatic. Yet they still tested positive.

The Prime Minister's family is self-isolating, per protocol. Public Health Ontario (where the Prime Minister lives):

"PHO Laboratory will accept specimens for COVID-19 testing from individuals meeting criteria for testing as outlined by the Ministry of Health.

PHO is not currently recommending routine testing of asymptomatic persons for COVID-19. If the clinician would like to further discuss the role for testing, the PHO Microbiologists on-call are available and can be contacted through the PHO"​

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Testing | Public Health Ontario

Depending on your local government rules and orders, can you call the cops on them? It is reckless behavior at the least.

Harris County (includes Houston) Tx update:
Ready Harris > Newsroom > News Releases > All News Releases

Look at the ages!
HCPH’s new case details:
  • A 30-40 year-old man, who lives in the Northwest quadrant of Harris County- (exposed to a confirmed case)
  • A 20-30 year-old woman, who lives in the Northwest quadrant of Harris County- (community spread)
  • A 20-30 year-old man, who lives in the Northwest quadrant of Harris County- (pending investigation)
  • A 30-40 year-old woman, who lives in the Northwest quadrant of Harris County- (exposed to a confirmed case)
  • A 0-10 year-old boy, who lives in the Northwest quadrant of Harris County- (exposed to a confirmed case)
  • A 0-10 year-old girl, who lives in the Northwest quadrant of Harris County- (exposed to a confirmed case)
  • A 10-20 year-old woman, who lives in the Northwest quadrant of Harris County- (exposed to a confirmed case)
  • A 40-50 year-old woman, who lives in the Northwest quadrant of Harris County- (travel-related)
  • A 50-60 year-old man, who lives in the Northeast quadrant of Harris County- (pending investigation)
  • A 50-60 year-old man, who lives in the Northwest quadrant of Harris County- (travel-related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member