Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Paso I thought found out Wednesday I read. So I'm curious about the speed in which those new charges were brought. It doesn't seem that 48 hours is time
enough to accumulate enough evidence. I read the LE is just now asking if anyone had seen her in that area between 2/3 & 2/5. So why bring the charges before you have video and/or eyewitness? What's the big hurry to file the new charges?

Well Im not sure, but seems like they knew/suspected she went to FL. If you google map CS to Pace, look at the route, compare it to the FBI's that are on the witness list, the cities match up pretty well. And the even have them in order by travel. Then on up to SC. Not sure if all that is correct but sure looks that way. So they have had to have some good stuff before the arrest. MOO

Here is a map I made. I have to see things sometimes to properly visualize actions taken. The two small red arrows show the direction you would travel on the bridge... the big red arrow shows where an object could be dropped off the bridge. The left hand, eastbound lane of the bridge is higher up than the right hand, westbound lane.
ETA: Red line on right hand, westbound lane where LE was pulled over in news stories.

Thank you - this really helps. Makes sense now. Stop, pop out, drop, drive.

Hello everyone! I have been trying to catch up these last few days, but with the kids being out of school, things have been a bit crazy around here. Since hearing about poor Gannon being found and reading the charges, I have barely been able to think of anything else. I am not sure if this has been posted yet, but I have come up with a theory based upon LS statements, other sleuth's thoughts, etc. This is going to be long, so bear with me:
As always, this is all MOO

Sunday night, as everyone pretty much knows , she hurt him. Maybe he did knock over a candle, maybe not. But she got angry. I believe it is at this time that she stabbed him with something. From information that I learned long ago, it is incredibly difficult mentally, and physically to actually follow through with stabbing. So, this is where the “I’m bleeding” part comes into play. I think that he was crying in pain during the video....but he was not mortally wounded. She could have possibly felt that he was either too “noisy” or, realized that he not not wounded deeply enough, so she hit him with a board to knock him unconscious, hoping he’d bleed out. This could explain the bloody board that SHE mentioned.
There is unconfirmed footage from Sunday night of her loading things into the back of the truck. So she either assumed he’d die over night in his room and got “ tools”ready for a burial, or she knew he wasn’t going to die that night, but had to finish the job on Monday.
Monday, he may have come to and was still woozy, and in pain so that could explain his walking oddly to the truck. We know that he wasn’t exactly gushing blood onto the driveway, because SOMEONE would have leaked info from the neighborhood of LS or LE cleaning the driveway. This is another reason that I believe the stabbing wasn’t fatal. I think she either took him in the truck under a false promise of medical help, or under a threat. There may have been an area that she took him to and shot him to finish the job. I think she hid his body near the area he was killed.
At some point she went back and grabbed him, then drove either half way to Florida, hid him again and drove back to Colorado Springs, or drove him all of the way from his original place during the period from 3-5th of February.

I feel absolutely horrible even trying to come up with theories. It breaks my heart that this little boy has suffered so much.

Yes, and an unconfirmed video of Sunday night that supposedly shows a lot of activity and her leaving and returning allegedly after midnight.

Does anyone know whether carpet people were listed as potential witnesses for the state. I don't know if it's ever been substantiated that the carpet people "fixed" the carpet Monday morning, before he even went missing. Didn't she even at one time point the finger at the carpet people?

El Paso I thought found out Wednesday I read. So I'm curious about the speed in which those new charges were brought. It doesn't seem that 48 hours is time enough to accumulate enough evidence. I read the LE is just now asking if anyone had seen her in that area between 2/3 & 2/5. So why bring the charges before you have video and/or eyewitness? What's the big hurry to file the new charges?

I don't know why the hurry, but right now, getting things done quickly is a good idea.

They just want more evidence to build a case. They already have her - they just want even more, as LE and DA's always do. Standard, but this case is special.

If they can use other witnesses than her fellow travelers and friends in Daytona, they won't have to plea bargain with those witnesses and can keep them slowly grilling on the rotisserie. Which is what I would do. I'd be looking forward to it, so I'd want to hurry it right along.

I don't know why the hurry, but right now, getting things done quickly is a good idea.

They just want more evidence to build a case. They already have her - they just want even more, as LE and DA's always do. Standard, but this case is special.

If they can use other witnesses than her fellow travelers and friends in Daytona, they won't have to plea bargain with those witnesses and can keep them slowly grilling on the rotisserie. Which is what I would do. I'd be looking forward to it, so I'd want to hurry it right along.

I've read a few sources (not MSM) that suggest her FB was hacked; hence, the Daytona stuff is garbage. But who knows in this wacky tale.

She will attempt to seduce everyone - emotionally, sexually, intellectually, etc. She will present herself as a "doctor" and act as teacher/therapist to the others. Hopefully, the prison will put a kabash on all that.
@10ofRods After reading that, I feel the need for a shower :eek:

I am on the fence about that. Adapting requires acceptance, and TS is convinced that she is a victim.

Before TS puts on her crown, two major hurdles need to be overcome; she brutally murdered a child, and assaulted a guard. The face page of her jacket file lists that information, and there are no secrets in jail. Surprisingly, correction staff don't carry weapons, and act according to an inmate's threat level. I am not sure how things will pan out for her. And tattling could make things worse.

I am quite sure now that they got hits on decomposition in various vehicles which somewhat sealed her fate and made it possible to charge her with murder without a body. Blood found in the house and all the other evidence she scattered around just made it that much more clear that Gannon was dead.

For someone who thinks they're pretty smart, she is in fact, extremely stupid.

I hate this woman.

MOO

People like this only learn the first 1/10th of any facts around them. They tag everything mentally according to when and how to use facts in their schemes and to their advantage. So they don't have any interest in actual facts, even simple ones like grammar and spelling. They think others operate in similar fashion and don't notice that they keep changing their names or their style or whatever they're doing.

So yeah, she's unbelievably stupid/ignorant. But thinks she's the smartest person in the world (probably even now congratulating herself on how long it took to find Gannon - now she'll move her personal goal posts and be happy if she can evade trial for months due to CoVid19). I was about to type that she might even try to get it, you know, to get sympathy and also get herself into a nice solo hospital room, but that seemed almost like I was wishing that on her.

The body was in a suitcase, and it was February/March. This area of the Gulf Coast does have a winter and some cool temperatures. The body was not baking in the heat nor was it completely open to the elements.

I'm trying to be sensitive and respectful here....but is it possible that Gannon was frozen? I haven't been able to keep up with all of the details of this case. But that would slow the decomp quite a bit.

There is a lot of heavy fog in this area, especially during February and early March. Early mornings and late evenings can be very foggy by the river.

I'm wondering if that was good cover for TS......
If you go back to the Eric Preimesberger thread you'll read that he was shoved into a rented freezer in a rented uhaul. Later the accomplices burried him in the sand and burnt the couch he died on.

So can someone put a dead body in a freezer Yes!

Isn't crossing state lines what makes it a federal crime and death penalty eligible? I swear I remember that is what made Yingying Zhang's killer death penalty eligible.

Colorado Capital Punishment Laws - FindLaw

SABBM:

Colorado jurors still have the ability to impose the death penalty. However, the number of cases in which it can be used is limited as it only applies to class 1 felony cases involving certain murders, kidnapping, or treason. Generally, prosecutors must be able to establish at least one aggravating factor in order for the death penalty to apply. These factors can apply to murders which involve:
  • The death of a peace officer, firefighter, emergency services provider, judge, elected official, or federal law enforcement agent;
  • The death of a child under 12;
  • Dynamite or other explosive devices;
  • Pecuniary gain;
  • Especially heinous, cruel or depraved conduct; or
  • Extreme indifference to human life

GS was under the age of 12 when he was killed, which is one of the qualifying aggravators.

That doesn't mean the DA will pursue the dp, especially given the fact that it's been repealed by the Colorado legislature effective as of 07/01/20, and the Governor has signaled his intention to commute all the existing death sentences in the state.

Evidently, the State of Colorado prefers to keep their murderers alive and well on the taxpayers' dime for as long as possible.

Sadly, Colorado ain't like Texas.

If it were, TS would definitely fry.

JMO.

Last edited:
We just drove to the bridge and unfortunately, there were no markers, stuffed animals, balloons, flowers, or anything else :( We were hoping to pay respects, but we weren’t sure of the exact location. I’m going to have to go through the videos again and see.
I would like to mail you blue morning glory seeds, if you're able to find the location and are willing to plant them. It's no more than scratching the dirt, covering it a bit, but they love this area and come back...and they're blue. I'll be over this summer but if you or any locals can do this, please msg me.

Did she think she was untraceable? I think she only hoped. The bitter distressing kind of panicked hope that people have when they have done the unthinkable.
RSBM
I wonder if she originally planned to leave Gannon's remains in the first place she left him...... until the neighbors video came out, she realized her Apple watch could be traced, and the rental car information was discovered.

I can't help but think she panicked and felt forced to move him so far away. He had to have gotten to that location some how. And it's no coincidence she just happened to be in the same area. How anyone could travel that far with a deceased body is beyond comprehension. I hope she had diarrhea the whole way, from the stress of it.

Isn't crossing state lines what makes it a federal crime and death penalty eligible? I swear I remember that is what made Yingying Zhang's killer death penalty eligible.
That was a unique case, and there were likely political motives involved (intense international media coverage). The FBI was heavily involved, and the indictment was handed down by a federal grand jury.

No one is going to be taking this case from Dan May’s office. They built this case, and the process is well underway in state court.

This sort of thing comes up in every case, because people want the hope of the death penalty. It didn’t happen in Watts, it didn’t happen in Berreth, and it won’t happen here.

May has the ball, and he’ll keep it.

If you go back to the Eric Preimesberger thread you'll read that he was shoved into a rented freezer in a rented uhaul. Later the accomplices burried him in the sand and burnt the couch he died on.

So can someone put a dead body in a freezer Yes!
Or a cooler with wheels. Might look odd in Colorado, but not across the south.

El Paso I thought found out Wednesday I read. So I'm curious about the speed in which those new charges were brought. It doesn't seem that 48 hours is time enough to accumulate enough evidence. I read the LE is just now asking if anyone had seen her in that area between 2/3 & 2/5. So why bring the charges before you have video and/or eyewitness? What's the big hurry to file the new charges?

@dkryder my guess is they already had the physical evidence (ie gun(s), knife, board) and likely knew exactly what and how they were used, but they needed his body to be able to make the charge air tight for trial. I also noticed that the autopsy was conducted very quickly so IMO they rushed everything so the could file all the additional charges that were probably prepped weeks ago waiting for the final piece. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74