Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
This respiratory therapist treats coronavirus in New Orleans. He says the virus is a lot worse than you think.

This is a very scary article: the respiratory therapist has pretty much seen everything with respect to the lungs but he states he
has never seen so much damage to lungs from an organism (virus)
until now. It is so frightening. I wish I hadn't read it.

There's no confirmation that my 24 year old son contracted the virus, but he has enough symptoms to be tested. He's a national rower and competitive swimmer. He has bronchitis and an unusual sounding cough. That's a pretty serious outcome for a fit, active healthy young man.

the same businesses in my area are open as well, a very broad list, imo. Lowe’s is packed, I drove past a few minutes ago. So much for isolating & distancing. As long as things are open, people will come, more than 10, for sure.
I also went for a drive today, and saw that grocery stores, convenient stores and some parks were packed. One park in particular which was roped off, and had gates up, had many children playing on the equipment, with their parents chatting in groups.

Hopefully the church leadership shows more responsibility and common sense.

Isn't that the role of church leadership?

JMO
This is a public health emergency. We have extensive evidence from multiple countries that this is a toxic scenario. Shame on him....this is no time for silliness. People will die and he will be responsible.

BBM. We'll agree to disagree because imo, there is nothing silly about people who want to go to church and pray. No government official is going to force a church to close its doors just as no government official can prevent people from entering a church. Separation of church and state is taken very seriously by SCOTUS. The Governor is not forcing people to go TO church. That's an individual's decision.

JMO

I completely agree, but testing doesn't reflect that. It's issues like this that have resulted in many people foolishly partying and thinking it will not effect them. I'm afraid for what might come in the next couple of weeks.
Oh I wholeheartedly agree! If the “general public” could see the true numbers of the infected here in the US it would shock their arrogant and/or ignorant bums into staying home.

Our shoddy testing, and therefore low numbers being released to public is what has sent us down the path of apathy. Public perception. This will result in longer national quarantine, greater long term economic damage, etc.

MOO.

There's no confirmation that my 24 year old son contracted the virus, but he has enough symptoms to be tested. He's a national rower and competitive swimmer. He has bronchitis and an unusual sounding cough. That's a pretty serious outcome for a fit, active healthy young man.
Sending you all healing thoughts. His lungs IMO are in top form so if he does have it I believe he will have a very good outcome. Keep us posted.

I heard one RT say the prongs on the crown poke holes into the lungs, then adheres. Sounds like a tick or leech.

Clarity - finally. I've been wondering why we keep seeing the picture of the shape of the virus, but that certainly puts it into perspective. It's to help us understand how it attacks the lungs, causing them to feel like glass.

JMO

BBM. We'll agree to disagree because imo, there is nothing silly about people who want to go to church and pray. No government official is going to force a church to close its doors just as no government official can prevent people from entering a church. Separation of church and state is taken very seriously by SCOTUS. The Governor is not forcing people to go TO church. That's an individual's decision.

JMO

I'm sure it feels shocking, but government officials have closed religious gatherings all over the world. I'll be attending church tomorrow, in my p.j.s from the comfort of my easy chair ... or maybe even in bed. :)

US will be first pretty soon even though they don't even test that much.
Verdopplung = duplication rate in days

Germany for some reason still has not many patients in intensive care so will take some patients from Elsace, France who were hit pretty hard.
Corona-2103.png

Last edited:

JMO

JMO
You dont get it.....there may not be people left in that church after this is over including the spread of the disease from a church environment. People will die....separation of church and state is worthless when people are dead.
This example from South Korea should be enough to stop this from happening.....but no, Americans believe it won't happen to them...this is pure madness.

S Korea sect leader apologises for virus spread

I’m kinda frustrated with my friend. We’re both in our 30’s and work at a doctor’s office, so we’re exposed to germs every weekday. I’m a homebody by nature, so sheltering in place on weekends is easy for me. I have wine and books and Websleuths at home. But my friend is very social and hates being alone. Today she went to the salon to get her hair colored, and then drove an hour and a half each way to visit her parents. She told me that casually and I wanted to scream.

I’m kinda frustrated with my friend. We’re both in our 30’s and work at a doctor’s office, so we’re exposed to germs every weekday. I’m a homebody by nature, so sheltering in place on weekends is easy for me. I have wine and books and Websleuths at home. But my friend is very social and hates being alone. Today she went to the salon to get her hair colored, and then drove an hour and a half each way to visit her parents. She told me that casually and I wanted to scream.
I'm screaming with you....:(:(

My husband said the same thing. I disagreed, I think there will be be more domestic violence, suicides, and crimes. I told him this isn't a blizzard, no one is cuddling by the fire watching snow fall.
Probably the case. The Baby Boomers resulted from men being absent from the household, being off to war. When the war ended, and they all came home....that's when all the babies were conceived.

In this case, I fear some will end up tired of being altogether present and resentful of not being able to get that space we all need from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288