Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it, thanks. I missed that part of the discussion.

Question: Leaving aside the practical considerations, from a legal standpoint only, could LE have kept a tail on TS while she was in CO absent a warrant?

Sure. They could've put a tail on her, if they have the resources for that, and kept an eye on her 24/7. I don't know the logistics of their investigation or why they chose not to; perhaps they thought w/ her family being around she wouldn't visit the scene of the crime, or w/ media all over and T knowing she was being closely watched, she wouldn't have done anything.

If the IT interview actually occurred on 1/31, that's the last time we know where she was for sure. But supposedly LE did suspect her at least 2 days earlier.
JMO

Oh I'm sure they did from day 1. They're trained to read people. They may have considered it a runaway juvenile for literally the amount of time that passed between the missing person call being made and when they first made in-person contact with her.

Got it, thanks. I missed that part of the discussion.

Question: Leaving aside the practical considerations, from a legal standpoint only, could LE have kept a tail on TS while she was in CO absent a warrant?
That’s what the disagreement is, we’re talking about two different things.

The idea that they should have been tailing her while she was still in the state, may be a valid one.

But we need the answers to these questions before we know if they dropped the ball or not:

What did they know?

When did they know it?

What did they have for resources?

Because we have the benefit of hindsight now, but know very little about the facts then.

I love the DA in this case. it's not Dan the man like the locals were thinking , so I'm a little bummed, but I love Mr. Allen so far. My only concern is that they are asking if anyone saw LS in Florida , I feel like they should have been watching her from day 1. I guess that probably was up to the police thought , not the DA or ADA or prosecutor or anyone else maybe? I'm not sure how all that works.

Sure. They could've put a tail on her, if they have the resources for that, and kept an eye on her 24/7. I don't know the logistics of their investigation or why they chose not to; perhaps they thought w/ her family being around she wouldn't visit the scene of the crime, or w/ media all over and T knowing she was being closely watched, she wouldn't have done anything.

Thanks for your reply!

I'd love to know at what point in the investigation LE's suspicions of TS were heightened to the point of treating her as an (unnamed) suspect.

I think LE did at least initially buy into the "runaway" scenario TS crafted.

If LE initially did believe GS had runaway, it makes it easier to understand how she was out renting vehicles at airports, etc., the day after GS's disappearance without her movements being monitored.

JMO.

Thanks for your reply!

I'd love to know at what point in the investigation LE's suspicions of TS were heightened to the point of treating her as an (unnamed) suspect.

I think LE did at least initially buy into the "runaway" scenario TS crafted.

If LE initially did believe GS had runaway, it makes it easier to understand how she was out renting vehicles at airports, etc., the day after GS's disappearance without her movements being monitored.

JMO.
No matter what, that rental car excursion would have been missed.

It was the morning after Gannon disappeared, and there’s no way things would have progressed that fast.

Now, I do believe the anonymous sources who told that media outlet she was a suspect by the 29th. So if they did drop the ball, the time in question is from the 29th, until she left for SC.

That’s what the disagreement is, we’re talking about two different things.

The idea that they should have been tailing her while she was still in the state, may be a valid one.

But we need the answers to these questions before we know if they dropped the ball or not:

What did they know?

When did they know it?

What did they have for resources?

Because we have the benefit of hindsight now, but know very little about the facts then.

Okay.

We're back on the same page again.

I agree with all of the above.

LE appears to have done a superb job in compiling a mountain of evidence against TS.

If they didn't tail her, there must have been valid reasons.

Hopefully, ones they can and will share with the public when this case is over.

JMO.

BBM:

I disagree with that assessment.

Let's not forget the Cousin Itt interview back on January 31st where she talks about LE threatening to shoot her at the store and violating her constitutional rights.

I think LE had some warrants in hand at that point.

Clearly, they followed her to that store.

JMO.
I think they did follow her to the store but I wonder if they were parked outside the house at that point. There was a news report that described someone driving the red truck away from the home and LE pulling out and following them.

I wonder if they asked her not to leave Colorado. I suppose they couldn't force her to stay if she had nowhere else to go and needed to stay with family in SC. I'm not even sure she had family there but that's what I assumed.

I guess it would be hard for LE to keep track of her movements when travelling through several states. How would that work?

Imo

This short video that EPCSO tweeted on February 13 has always haunted me. Now, even more so. The first we heard of them searching in that area (northern El Paso county/southern Douglas county) was February 12, the day before this. Toward the end you see mounted searchers and a K9 in the stand of trees.

EPCSheriff on Twitter
Does anyone know how long it takes to obtain and interpret digital information from cars or Apple watches?

Actually, I'd much rather see TS get set up with Frazee, for obvious reasons.
Which is to say, these two morons would definitely end up killing each other.

As long as there's not a paper towel shortage at the prison d/t covid, PF should be able to strike up a correspondence with her.

"You've Got Mail 2: Flush When Done!"

JMO.
RBBM
Hah! I just spit my water on my screen woman, but thanks for the much needed laugh. :p

Oh I'm sure they did from day 1. They're trained to read people. They may have considered it a runaway juvenile for literally the amount of time that passed between the missing person call being made and when they first made in-person contact with her.

Sure. Makes sense. I'm sure LE did their best and much of this comes from 20/20 hindsight.

But on 1/29
1. GS's status is changed to endangered. Reason given by LE-- Age, weather, time, need for meds

2. TS and her daughter "accosted" for interview by LE at Marshall's when buying underwear. We only have TS's account but it seems it was clear by then TS has left the home.

3. LE tells media in confidence it's foul play and TS is suspected.

Yet apparently TS isn't kept under surveillance while she's living away from the home. Or if she is, she still manages to leave the state for parts unknown.

JMO

Colette Bordelon on Twitter

Also - #GannonStauch’s father shared this photo with me. It’s from where Gannon is believed to have been found in Florida. @KOAA

ETA attached photo
May this memorial grow and show the love the community has for his son! If I was there I would visit and send prayers to Gannon and his family! May he Rest In Peace and may the family have peace in bringing their son home to them!

Colette Bordelon on Twitter

Also - #GannonStauch’s father shared this photo with me. It’s from where Gannon is believed to have been found in Florida. @KOAA

ETA attached photo

GANNON Is my hero!

Tears, again...

When I think of all the vile descriptive words and then some, I picture this huge repulsive, evil person, I also see this tiny little boy, with snaggletoothed grin...

I focus on this one thing...

GANNON TOOK HER DOWN!

he beat her at her own game, and he is
putting the pieces away.

Sort of like David and Goliath
and all those other heroes...

So I have found one connection LS may have to Florida and it's a long stretch, but on a public record search of her that led to her ex husband prior to his death one of his locations was Orlando Florida.

Does anyone know what her ex-husband died of? Just curious. :confused:
I see TS was arrested for DV in S.C. in 2010. Wonder what that was about.

Sure. Makes sense. I'm sure LE did their best and much of this comes from 20/20 hindsight.

But on 1/29
1. GS's status is changed to endangered. Reason given by LE-- Age, weather, time, need for meds

2. TS and her daughter "accosted" for interview by LE at Marshall's when buying underwear. We only have TS's account but it seems it was clear by then TS has left the home.

3. LE tells media in confidence it's foul play and TS is suspected.

Yet apparently TS isn't kept under surveillance while she's living away from the home. Or if she is, she still manages to leave the state for parts unknown.

JMO

That still leaves 2 full days where TS could have been doing a lot of traveling, hiding, and what not. She had 4 hours on the 27th mid-day. I think she bungled this drop off by forgetting about her watch. But what was she doing the night of the 27th through early morning of the 28th? I think everyone is just assuming because kids are home that she wouldn't leave. I think she could have very well waited for little sis to go to bed and told HH that she was going to take a drive to go look for GS. (Was there a date on those night time surveillance vids?) She'd likely only need to be back around the time the girls would normally get up for school or could have easily put HH in charge of getting LS ready. That could potentially open up a lot more hours to do whatever she felt the need to do. Hide him better, move him again, get rid of some damning evidence she found while cleaning up at home.

Then we get into rental car timeline and no idea how many or if any of those hours were spent with AS or anyone else "looking for Gannon".

I think, and very strongly believe, that he is alive, that there are many different layers to a complex situation and that the main players went outside the bounds of the law despite their, mostly, good intentions.

T speak, my interpretation. I think (I need to mislead you yet again) that he is alive (I killed him).

The layers mentioned are those mental twists she has, the complex situation is the one in which she finds/found herself, the main player(s) are T and T alone, and it is T who went outside the bounds of the law, and committed a heinous murder, but wants you to believe, it wasn't supposed to turn out that way, as she had mostly good intentions, say, to punish Gannon, except a 2x4, and a knife, and a gun were a wee bit of overkill, no pun intended.

Sicko Psycho Satanic Lying Liar that Lies. Thank GOD Gannon is found.

I expect other charges some time in the not too distant future, I'd be amazed if a close family member(s) and/or a friend are not charged with concealing a crime, or some other measure of involvement.

However, she may have duped 'em all. Including LE early on. That caravan may have gone due east, LE thinking she was with it, while she rented a vehicle and drove southeast and over to the Florida Panhandle, without anyone else knowing her dastardly plan.

Wow. That was a powerful analogy and spot on! I couldn't have put it better myself.
I've found it hard to believe that she got to Florida without LE following her. I'm not sure how that happened unless, like you said, her "caravan" went one way & she went another.
We're definitely missing something but I'm sure we won't find out till trial ( who knows when that will be) multiple things that are currently unexplained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth