Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has no symptoms and no known contact with anyone infected. The test was done because of his extensive travels. Out of an abundance of caution.
But, after testing, one is to remain home. What a poor example for a doctor, imo.
He suspected he had it, enough so he felt he should test. How many did he expose!
Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

Isolation
This is for people who actually have the virus or suspect they may be infected.
Those with the virus who need to be hospitalized will be kept in an isolation unit.

Everything you need to prep for home quarantine

People who have been infected with the virus may be asked to self-isolate at home if they have no symptoms or are only mildly ill.
It's important to call your health provider, in any case, if you develop symptoms.
Those in isolation should keep away from other people as much as possible. The CDC recommends that you use a separate bathroom, if available, wear a face mask when around others, and don't share household items.

Last edited:
hey i am with you if hair dressers / barbers close i am good my hair is down to my shoulders and i just tie it back so it doesn't get in my face

easy done no worries but no silver here
Same...but tying it back shows the roots better...or worse...more!
Wish they still made Sun-In.

Wait - they do. Just found it on Amazon. I better snag it before the rush to buy begins.

what's your experience been in the UK? are you in Scotland? are people taking it seriously there?

I'm in Yorkshire, northern England. I think we have generally been behind you guys in terms of taking it seriously, which is ironic given the population density is so much greater here. The schools closed on Friday along with pubs, sit-in restaurants, gyms, cafes and some shops. Supermarkets are out of loo roll and pasta! It's suddenly dawned on everyone (and I'm basing this mainly on social media posts) that we're on the same trajectory as Italy almost number for number, which is absolutely terrifying.

The rumour mill reckons London might properly lockdown first, followed by the rest of the country. But having seen the pics of people flocking to day out destinations I would not be surprised if Boris orders us all to stay home soon. Unfortunately this weekend has coincided with the first nice weather we've had in months which won't be helping - much easier to stay in when it's cold and wet!

I have both my children to home-school from tomorrow as well as having my husband working from home, and I'll be honest I'm apprehensive about how it will go! Luckily there are fields behind my house that the kids can run around to burn energy off unless the farmer moves animals in, there are usually a few cows or horses in spring and summer. I'm hoping he doesn't yet, I might call him.

Last week I cried with shock most of Wednesday, felt angry on Thursday, and was sad and defeated by Friday. It reminded me of the Stages of Grief, I feel like we're all mourning our freedom. Tough times. I've put my big girl pants on and will crack on!

Stay safe and thank you for asking, I hope all is well with you
Cags

6 months ago we moved from the quiet countryside to a busy city/suburb of Detroit. 7 miles from a major international airport. I never thought I would say this but I so dearly miss the planes that flew over head, day and night. They never bothered me, I was raised right around here. Now... I am shocked at how few planes now go overhead. We are a Delta hub, and I hear they are down some 70 percent. That is a lot of nothingness overhead. The silence is deafening :(

Delta To Cut Flying 70%, Park Half Of Planes As Coronavirus Continues To Decimate Travel

I took my daughter to walk in the park today; it was packed in spite of the 40 degree weather. Beautiful sunny day. My parents texted saying they wanted to drop off banana bread. They ended up meeting us in the parking lot to deliver the bread. We couldn’t hug or get closer than six feet from each other. It was so sad but really good to see them. I can’t wait for this to be over. I’m trying to stay positive but really down tonight.
ETA- we’re in Ohio

He has no symptoms and no known contact with anyone infected. The test was done because of his extensive travels. Out of an abundance of caution.
ITA, the point of the test is because of his extensive travels but his lack of common sense appalls me. He's a physician, knows it can be asymptomatic and it can still be transmitted to others. Most importantly, the Senator is a role model. He should have self-quarantined immediately after taking the test rather than hit a crowded gym and swimming pool.

JMO

Good for LA. I've been worried about them and wondering if anyone here is from LA - it has had the greatest increase in CoVid patients of all 50 states for the last 48 hours.
Louisiana resident here! Blessedly, our parish (Northeast) has no confirmed cases at this time, but is creeping up swiftly!
ETA: We have been staying quarantined in our home for a couple weeks now. But I have no choice, since I was in an accident three weeks ago and came out with a broken back and concussion! Blessings in disguise! But the hubby had to leave for work today out of state, but plans to go to work and straight back to RV!!

Lol, I’m between Cinci & LA (Lexington area) airports, I’m seeing very few. Most days air traffic is pretty much nonstop.
6 months ago we moved from the quiet countryside to a busy city/suburb of Detroit. 7 miles from a major international airport. I never thought I would say this but I so dearly miss the planes that flew over head, day and night. They never bothered me, I was raised right around here. Now... I am shocked at how few planes now go overhead. We are a Delta hub, and I hear they are down some 70 percent. That is a lot of nothingness overhead. The silence is deafening :(

Delta To Cut Flying 70%, Park Half Of Planes As Coronavirus Continues To Decimate Travel

Ita, he felt entitled enough to test, yet too entitled to isolate.
ITA, the point of the test is because of his extensive travels but his lack of common sense appalls me. He's a physician, knows it can be asymptomatic and it can still be transmitted to others. Most importantly, the Senator is a role model. He should have self-quarantined immediately after taking the test rather than hit a crowded gym and swimming pool.

JMO

I am kind of bored with all this self quarantine........ I wonder what would happen if I started an Internet Rumor that Nicotine will kill the Coronovirus ?......:cool:.........moo

Having a project or an outing is key to my sanity, I need focus. There’s nothing here or on TV we will miss, all is readily available by simply googling. Easy to catch up.
I think a lot of people might use their time for positive things (not tests). Easy time to lose weight, get house in tip top shape, tackle a project, etc.

My county just outside Philly has 34 cases. We are the only surrounding county not to have a health department. I think Philly is close to 100, nowhere near New York City's total (what is it, like 10k?). I don't know if that is more about NY City testing way more, or NY is just a hot spot now. Even New Jersey has a lot of cases, mostly in North Jersey. I kind of doubt the figures. If NY and NJ are reporting such higher numbers, I don't know what makes us so different. The city here is dense too, not as much, but we have a subway and a lot people on top of each other too in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288