Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clairol Root Touch Up has helped me in a pinch. And yes, I’ve got some on order. Ha!
I have big hair that misbehaves, lol. Luckily, my stylist is also a bestie. She’s been in quarantine 6 days now. We had a Harrison county doctor exposed that resumed practice after one week. If he can, my stylist can, right?
Day 8, she will be in my bathroom, shears in hand.

Having a project or an outing is key to my sanity, I need focus. There’s nothing here or on TV we will miss, all is readily available by simply googling. Easy to catch up.
I think a lot of people might use their time for positive things (not tests). Easy time to lose weight, get house in tip top shape, tackle a project, etc.

Trudie, you are more than welcome at any time to get my house in shape. It is a never ending invitation and I so look forward to it.

I think your county has a lot of cases, the results were not tested by the state lab & are not reported. Moo
My county just outside Philly has 34 cases. We are the only surrounding county not to have a health department. I think Philly is close to 100, nowhere near New York City's total (what is it, like 10k?). I don't know if that is more about NY City testing way more, or NY is just a hot spot now. Even New Jersey has a lot of cases, mostly in North Jersey. I kind of doubt the figures. If NY and NJ are reporting such higher numbers, I don't know what makes us so different. The city here is dense too, not as much, but we have a subway and a lot people on top of each other too in the city.

At least four state pharmacy boards took steps to limit prescriptions of potential coronavirus treatments touted by President Donald Trump that are in short supply as demand surges with the spread of the outbreak States work to limit prescriptions of potential coronavirus drugs Reuters on Twitter
Reuters on Twitter
I do not like this. Some folks are non-functional without this. And if a person with an autoimmune disorder discontinues this, it will take a full six weeks for it to kick in when they restart it. When not treated, people with lupus or RA can suffer actual damage to their bodies. I don’t think pharmacy boards should decide if a patient should be treated or not.

I do not like this. Some folks are non-functional without this. And if a person with an autoimmune disorder discontinues this, it will take a full six weeks for it to kick in when they restart it. When not treated, people with lupus or RA can suffer actual damage to their bodies. I don’t think pharmacy boards should decide if a patient should be treated or not.
Yeah, this is no small thing...war effort or not, other people still need treatment for their illnesses.

A dear friend and her DH went mushroom picking yesterday for outdoor recreation away from people. While there, they found what looks like a human ulna bone deep in the woods!

They brought it out with them, and drove to the police substation. It was closed due to COVID19. They were able to get hold of someone at the Medical Examiner's office, and the ME is going to come pick it up from them tomorrow.

Here's a picture of the bone, with ketchup bottle for size comparison.

View attachment 239889

This was found in Eastern King County, Washington
Is that ... a... PAPER TOWEL??? :D

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully US will follow suit. I think the risk is too great, even via drive thru. The same people are working that worked prior to Covid 19. Moo
If we close all drive-thrus, how on earth are the truckers who are bringing our vital supplies- from masks to TP - supposed to eat on the road? Sometimes a McDonalds is all there is for miles and miles.

My county just outside Philly has 34 cases. We are the only surrounding county not to have a health department. I think Philly is close to 100, nowhere near New York City's total (what is it, like 10k?). I don't know if that is more about NY City testing way more, or NY is just a hot spot now. Even New Jersey has a lot of cases, mostly in North Jersey. I kind of doubt the figures. If NY and NJ are reporting such higher numbers, I don't know what makes us so different. The city here is dense too, not as much, but we have a subway and a lot people on top of each other too in the city.
It is the testing mainly. Gov Cuomo reminds the people of NY (and everywhere else one is watching him) that NY is testing more people per capita than any other state (even more than China and South Korea) and that's why the numbers are going up. North Jersey where the numbers are high is mainly the same as NYC in being a hot spot.

Down here in South Jersey, not so many cases either, though I read on my town's FB page where nurses are posting the numbers are much higher because of the amount of people calling in with symptoms, but not yet tested.

If we close all drive-thrus, how on earth are the truckers who are bringing our vital supplies- from masks to TP - supposed to eat on the road? Sometimes a McDonalds is all there is for miles and miles.
I think truck stops are still open and most convenience stores/gas stations along highways do carry food.

JMO

ITA, the point of the test is because of his extensive travels but his lack of common sense appalls me. He's a physician, knows it can be asymptomatic and it can still be transmitted to others. Most importantly, the Senator is a role model. He should have self-quarantined immediately after taking the test rather than hit a crowded gym and swimming pool.

JMO
Ann Romney has MS. I didn't know that...I hope she has not been infected due to this recklessness, or by any other means. ETA - maybe she hasn't been around her husband prior to this. A shame that he likely needs to be quarantined from her now.

ETA again...saw the response to the question at the press conference re: Sen. Romney's quarantine. Mad and disgusted all over again and putting myself to bed now before I get in trouble.

Last edited:
@zecats same thing here. When no public info is available where a certain positive patient worked, anyone calling in with symptoms that mentions a specific location can be presumed positive. So I kinda get why they don’t announce “2 From McD’s in blah blah positive”, everyone that wanted a test would claim they were infected from the same venue. But, if a location is not publicized and hundreds of calls come in, the health dept. pretty much knows. No test is warranted though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong