Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
My uncle has just been diagnosed with the virus.
I’m really quite scared because on Thursday he visited my 92 year old nanna in the hospital.

I'm so sorry to read this news @Oddsocks I really hope your Uncle will be ok and your Nanna does not contract it or anyone else in your family. Please keep us updated.

#StayHomeSaveLives

My uncle has just been diagnosed with the virus.
I’m really quite scared because on Thursday he visited my 92 year old nanna in the hospital.

Oh, that is a worry. Maybe you could put pressure on your hospital to shut its doors to visitors. Many hospitals have not allowed any visitors for a while now. Some have the exception of one parent when a child is admitted, and that parent is health checked and gowned. Sending all good hopes for your nanna.

In Germany, the number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Germany has risen to 22,672 and 86 people have died from the disease, according to a tally released on Monday by the public health agency, the Robert Koch Institute (RKI).

That compares with 18,610 cases and 55 deaths on Sunday, when RKI warned that the actual number was likely higher as not all local health authorities had submitted their figures over the weekend.

Coronavirus updates: New Zealand announces lockdown as Canada withdraws from Olympics

#StayHomeSaveLives

Good morning from a beautifully sunny day in London. I was up at 5am - the usual stress-filled and panic-stricken knot in the chest waking me up good and early.
I’ve skimmed the news and it looks as though (per the Sunday Times and Guardian) London may be put on lockdown in the near future and not a moment too soon. Victoria Park in East London reported record numbers of visitors yesterday - I am just amazed at the ongoing stupidity of people who seem to believe they are untouchable.
For myself, I have an hour before I make the long commute from sofa to laptop. I’m using the time to make a list of the things I’d like to achieve during self-isolation.
Wishing everyone a peaceful day and - if you have to head out - stay safe! ❤️

Most people will have mild or no symptoms, but even so, with the present mortality rate of about 3%, that means over 200,000,000 people will lose their lives. That would be grief beyond bearing.

We have to hope for a better outcome.
Yea, if most people in the world get this virus, it will result in the enormous number of people dying, considering the relatively high death rate from covid. This thing is like a very efficient killer-some people have mild or no symptoms, and spread it around, and some people have severe symptom to overwhelm the health care system and some people die.

ETw_189WsAAuvE5

Eric Feigl-Ding @DrEricDing1h
US now definitely has the steepest slope (highest exponential growth because Y axis is log) in #COVID cases. Also notice Spain Germany and France are all just 7-10 days behind Italy.

US doesn't look anywhere near flattening the curve. Asian countries seem to be able to at least flatten the curve. And look, Japan in on there flattening the curve with "strong adherence to mask wearing." And we are still mostly told not to wear masks. Ridiculous.

It is slooooooow tonight on this usually busy thread. I will now go check out the other eight threads pertaining to the virus and see if I can find where everyone went too..........Yall take care of yourselves and your loved ones.....moo

Good morning from a beautifully sunny day in London. I was up at 5am - the usual stress-filled and panic-stricken knot in the chest waking me up good and early.
I’ve skimmed the news and it looks as though (per the Sunday Times and Guardian) London may be put on lockdown in the near future and not a moment too soon. Victoria Park in East London reported record numbers of visitors yesterday - I am just amazed at the ongoing stupidity of people who seem to believe they are untouchable.
For myself, I have an hour before I make the long commute from sofa to laptop. I’m using the time to make a list of the things I’d like to achieve during self-isolation.
Wishing everyone a peaceful day and - if you have to head out - stay safe! ❤️
Morning from sunny Lincolnshire. I’ve been waking early too with that awful feeling, after I’ve gotten over the ‘was that a bad dream’ confusion!

Opinions - Tomorrow may be another rough day for the US Stock market it looks like. Hopefully the US Senate and Congress will all join hands and decide to help the people and businesses in the USA. .....Idle Musing - Do the Senators and Congressmen and Congresswomen get paid when they are sick with the Virus or under "self quarantine at home" where they cannot work and do their job ?........Hooray ! The coffee is ready. Help yourselves to some coffee...........:)....Catch yall later......moo

Ohio, Louisiana, Delaware Order Residents To Stay Home As Cases Of COVID-19 Rise

“Updated at 8:52 p.m. ET

Ohio, Louisiana and Delaware became the latest states on Sunday to announce statewide stay-at-home orders as the toll from the coronavirus outbreak grew to more than 31,000 cases and 390 deaths.

With the announcements, more than 101 million Americans are either currently under — or will soon be under — state orders to remain at home in an effort to slow the outbreak. That is equal to roughly 31% of the nation's population.

In addition to Delaware, Louisiana and Ohio, similar policies are either in place or will soon take effect in California, Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey and New York.“

Ohio, Louisiana, Delaware Order Residents To Stay Home As Cases Of COVID-19 Rise

“Updated at 8:52 p.m. ET

Ohio, Louisiana and Delaware became the latest states on Sunday to announce statewide stay-at-home orders as the toll from the coronavirus outbreak grew to more than 31,000 cases and 390 deaths.

With the announcements, more than 101 million Americans are either currently under — or will soon be under — state orders to remain at home in an effort to slow the outbreak. That is equal to roughly 31% of the nation's population.

In addition to Delaware, Louisiana and Ohio, similar policies are either in place or will soon take effect in California, Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey and New York.“
I wonder what percentage of people will obey these "Stay at home orders" and over time, how long will they continue to obey ? I wonder if there will be unhappiness and unrest in the big cities if this "virus rules stuff" continues into the hot Summer time ?....moo

0_Fury-as-commuters-are-crammed-onto-Tubes-in-morning-dash-as-services-cut.jpg

Coronavirus: Fury as rush hour commuters cram onto trains despite warnings of lockdown

Photos of packed train carriages and station platforms during the morning commute have sparked shock, anger and calls for a "total lockdown" during the coronavirus pandemic

Fury as commuters cram onto trains despite warnings of coronavirus lockdown

This is absolutely outrageous. They have cut the public transport services drastically and people are crammed in together.

#StayHomeSaveLives

View attachment 239942

Coronavirus: Fury as rush hour commuters cram onto trains despite warnings of lockdown

Photos of packed train carriages and station platforms during the morning commute have sparked shock, anger and calls for a "total lockdown" during the coronavirus pandemic

Fury as commuters cram onto trains despite warnings of coronavirus lockdown

This is absolutely outrageous. They have cut the public transport services drastically and people are crammed in together.

#StayHomeSaveLives
I hope this kind of resentment and unhappiness stops everywhere. It can become contagious......moo

Tri-State Sees 174 COVID-19 Deaths; Trump Deploys National Guard to NY

New York state's nonessential businesses must now be closed, according to the governor's PAUSE order
Published March 22, 2020 • Updated 5 hours ago

Video at link

“To date, more than 19,000 people in the tri-state area — the lion’s share in New York City — have tested positive for the potentially deadly novel coronavirus that began spreading at the end of last year in China. At least 178 people in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have died; the five boroughs have been hardest hit.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie