Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty clear at this point that T is a sadistic and evil person that lacks any compassion and will undoubtedly play a card that makes herself the victim.

Yes, I can see that. She will use GS' body being found in Florida as her excuse that she could not have done it. She'll instruct her attorneys to push that angle -- trying to make it look as though he was truly abducted and harmed by someone else. MOO JMO

No I didn't say Jose Baez. Just a Jose Baez TYPE. An unknown who wants to make his/her name on a case like this, just like he did.

any attorney that willingly puts their hand up to take this case would have to be as delusional and egotistical as Tee.
this case has almost not perceivable chance of getting her acquitted.
this is not a case to take if you want to build your name as a winner.

also, lots of comments about why didn't LE start following her immediately.
i am not sure of the number of LE in the area, or the number of incidents and cases they had running concurrently with G's disappearance, but i assume like many departments they are probably understaffed and over stretched.
it may simply be they didn't have the numbers to spare a surveillance team in the first days.

Last edited:
Escambia River’s Gator Grand Slam : NorthEscambia.com

Alligator hunting Escambia River - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Escambia River is known for its alligators. That was her motive for choosing that river. I wonder which device she used to Google search that.

Interesting.
The Escambia Alligators might be a bit of general military lore spread by those having been stationed at Pensecola.

The place he was dropped was a loop north from the I 10.

Traveling east on I 10 from the point where one would exit for Pace at highway 291 exit to the point one would loop back to I 10 from Pace at Hwy 281 exit, Google maps says 20 minutes.

Leaving I 10 at 291 and looping north on 291/90 to Pace and then back from Pace to I 10 on 281, Google maps says just 24 minutes.

Last edited:
Good Morning, folks!
Just wanted to throw this out there as I’ve been wondering about it since Gannon was found.
I don’t know if she had help, but IF she did, it had to be someone known to her. Maybe an old acquaintance from her teaching days?? I doubt she’d trust just any random person. I know the chances are slim, but it’s just a thought.
I agree with @MassGuy...LS is not going to make this easy. I feel as long as no cameras are allowed in the court room, she will not plead guilty. If she was going to be paraded in front of the world & embarrassed, I do think that would change her mind so she avoids the bad publicity. But who knows with that kind of crazy?? :rolleyes:
Anyway, HERE FOR GANNON
MOO

JMO
From the link below, it looks like the Low Temps each night dropped below freezing for much of the time the body was still in Colorado and I think this may have helped keep the odor down. I also think it would have slowed down decomposition and was probably one of the reasons she wanted to take the body as far south as possible. The alligator theory is also another good reason. She may have thought the gators would take care of her problem.

Below is link to the Lows and Highs from around when he first went missing. The larger numbes are the high and the small numbers after the slash are the lows.

Most evenings it went below freezing 32 F.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/colorado-springs/80903/february-weather/327351

Just wondering if anyone can explain what will happen at the next Court Appearance of LS on 14 April?
Will the Prosecution officially record for the Judge, and Defendant, the new charges added, or will it involve more than this ???
TIA xx

So very sad for Gannon, and his family who loved him so dearly ..... I kept checking to see that he had been "Found" and in my head I knew he we deceased, but my heart so desperately wanted to believe he was still alive... RIP

Escambia River’s Gator Grand Slam : NorthEscambia.com

Alligator hunting Escambia River - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Escambia River is known for its alligators. That was her motive for choosing that river. I wonder which device she used to Google search that.

Hasn't it been confirmed that he was in a suitcase or some sort of bag? If so, I would say she wasn't thinking of that angle - not many reports of alligators getting into suitcases to eat the contents. She is stupid though. JMO

JMO
Been thinking of that location where they found his body. If it was nightime and if he was thrown off the edge of the higher road (one on left of picture of LE vehicles) then I could see where someone who was not very familiar with that area around the bridge may have thought it was all swampy and wet under the area where he was found.

The road was still elevated and the land underneath the road looked like it could have been swampy if it was dark out. In daylight it is easy to see it is dry under there but at night it may have looked to be swampy and part of the river systems.

It may have been a bad mistake by whoever dumped him over the side. They probably were not very familiar with that area. Its either that or they panicked and had to dump him anyway even though they drove past the water parts.

Just wondering if anyone can explain what will happen at the next Court Appearance of LS on 14 April?
Will the Prosecution officially record for the Judge, and Defendant, the new charges added, or will it involve more than this ???
TIA xx

>>Snipped by me<<

I'm not an attorney but since no one who is appears to be online right now I'll put in my 2¢.

The April 14 date was set for a status conference before the new charges were filed. As such, it won't be televised.

In many states, the defendant is not in the courtroom during a status meeting but is in a holding cell in the courthouse. This allows her attorneys to talk to her if need be but also allows the teams of attorneys to converse in a way they might not were the defendant present.

The main topic I think will be discovery. Remember at the March 11 meeting the state indicated the material was voluminous. The judge set a deadline of 21 days (~April 1-2) for the state to provide all material to the defense as the defense must be provided with all incriminating evidence as well as all exculpatory evidence.

At that March 11 hearing, my audio wasn't clear but it seemed the state was backtracking on whether meeting that deadline was possible. IMO it's not uncommon for prosecutors to try to withhold evidence from the defense for as long as possible but do it in such a way they cannot be accused of prosecutorial misconduct because that's a really big deal. And in this case, COVID-19 has exploded since the deadline was set. And there's new evidence.
JMO
Edit: typo fixed

Last edited:
>>Snipped by me<<

I'm not an attorney but since no one who is appears to be online right now I'll put in my 2¢.

The April 14 date was set for a status conference before the new charges were filed. As such, it won't be televised.

In many states, the defendant is not in the courtroom during a status meeting but is in a holding cell in the courthouse. This allows her attorneys to talk to her if need be but also allows the teams of attorneys to converse in away they might not were the defendant present.

The main topic I think will be discovery. Remember at the March 11 meeting the state indicated the material was voluminous. The judge set a deadline of 21 days (~April 1-2) for the state to provide all material to the defense as the defense must be provided with all incriminating evidence as well as all exculpatory evidence.

At that March 11 hearing, my audio wasn't clear but it seemed the state was backtracking on whether meeting that deadline was possible. IMO it's not uncommon for prosecutors to try to withhold evidence from the defense for as long as possible but do it in such a way they cannot be accused of prosecutorial misconduct because that's a really big deal. And in this case, COVID-19 has exploded since the deadline was set. And there's new evidence.
JMO
I’m no lawyer either but think you gave an excellent summary. I looked at the court docs to refresh my memory and this is snipped from the minutes of the last hearing:

HANDLING OF RELEASE OF WARRANTS TO BE DISCUSSED AT STATUS CONFERENCE AND COURT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY/WHAT/AND WHERE THE WARRANTS ARE LOCATED INCLUDING ANY IN SOUTH CAROLINA BY THE NEXT HEARG;
COURT WILL ADDRESS ANY OTHER MOTNS AT NEXT APPEARANCE BUT MAY ISSUE WRITTEN ORDERS; PROOF EVIDENT HEARG WILL BE DISCUSSED; NO CONSUMPTIVE TESTG IS TO BE DONE W/OUT COURT ORDR; COURT REVWS RULES AS FAR AS MEDIA ACCESS IS ONLY AT ADVISMTS AND ARRGNMTS AND REQUESTS THAT THEY NOT FILE MTNS TO HAVE CAMERAS AT FUTURE HEARGS AS THEY WILL BE DENIED BASED ON THE RULE;

It perplexed me that LE appeared to stop searching for Gannon at a certain point and that they were keeping any searches "quiet".

I'm not so perplexed anymore. I think evidence started rolling in that gave LE pause. I think they realized that the search area was much larger than originally anticipated.

It was pure luck that Gannon was found and found sooner rather than later.

It's all starting to make sense now.

MOO.

MOO knowing a firearm was used in the commision of the crime is big.
I have always wondered what they were searching for by sifting snow, now I think either a bullet or shotgun pellets.
The FBI team used a orange red light on the gate with fabric on it in the area 90 ft north of Sierra Pines on 105. Sifted snow from there going north along the roadside including on top of the berm. There were a few yellow evidence markers visible to news crews.

I wondered at the time why they were sifting snow on the OTHER side of the fence that's there. It could be explained by use of a rifle of some kind. The ejection of the cartridge would cause the spent casing to fly a pretty good distance, depending on the rifle.

>>Snipped by me<<

In many states, the defendant is not in the courtroom during a status meeting but is in a holding cell in the courthouse. This allows her attorneys to talk to her if need be but also allows the teams of attorneys to converse in a way they might not were the defendant present.

JMO
Edit: typo fixed

Thanks for this. I'm also not an attorney. I am a paralegal and worked on criminal cases for several years. I agree about the likelihood of LS attending the next hearing via video for the reasons above as well as the coronavirus. I imagine most defendants are appearing via video right now whenever possible. MOO

I’m convinced this goes to trial.

Clipped by me.

I agree, this goes to trial, a tiger does NOT change her stripes. She will bask in the attention, her hatred and vindictiveness driving the spike as deeply as she can.

Sad to say, somehow, somewhere, someone will snatch up the entire story and make a buck off of it.

May Gannon dance with the Angels in Heaven, with GOD Almighty.

JMO
Been thinking of that location where they found his body. If it was nightime and if he was thrown off the edge of the higher road (one on left of picture of LE vehicles) then I could see where someone who was not very familiar with that area around the bridge may have thought it was all swampy and wet under the area where he was found.

The road was still elevated and the land underneath the road looked like it could have been swampy if it was dark out. In daylight it is easy to see it is dry under there but at night it may have looked to be swampy and part of the river systems.

It may have been a bad mistake by whoever dumped him over the side. They probably were not very familiar with that area. Its either that or they panicked and had to dump him anyway even though they drove past the water parts.

I totally agree. I also am wondering whether or not she drove back and forth to get an idea of where the water/swamp was vs. just rocks because she was concerned about potentially being seen or on video tape if she did drive the route more than once. I agree with others who have said they suspect she disposed of the remains late at night and couldn't really see what was underneath. JMO

I was waiting for so long
For a miracle to come
Everyone told me to be strong
Hold on and don't shed a tear
Through darkness and good times
I knew I'd make it through
And the world thought I had it all
But I was waiting for you
Hush now
I see a light in the sky
Oh it's almost blinding me
I can't believe I've been touched by an angel