Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
GANNON...

Britanee Drexel

Makes perfect sense

As always, she doesn’t finish her homework

She has a military connection

Family or lover

thought we were working on 500 piece
puzzle, no wonder it’s so hard

Maybe it’s 1,000pieces puzzle,
May be it’s 180,000 pieces

Maybe it’s 2 puzzles w/ similar pieces
The plot is sludge MHO

I had a puzzle once that was solid black and solid white cats repeated over and over on pink stairs. The puzzle had 5 extra pieces and no straight edges. That’s this case.

Nothing new here, I just like this sentence:

Although Stauch told CrimeOnline she had nothing to do with Gannon’s disappearance, Colorado Springs Deputy District Attorney Michael Allen said during a court hearing earlier this month that authorities have over 600 pieces of evidence against her.
‘Absolutely devastating time’: Father releases statement after Colorado boy Gannon Stauch is found dead in Florida
she left crumbs everywhere she went. at what point does LE stop chasing leads? 600, my oh my, and with latest developments, do they just move forward. Does painting a complete picture become absolutely necessary? I don’t know the answers to these ?’s

she left crumbs everywhere she went. at what point does LE stop chasing leads? 600, my oh my, and with latest developments, do they just move forward. Does painting a complete picture become absolutely necessary? I don’t know the answers to these ?’s

I feel like they already have a majority of them all tied together. The final pieces may be that window in Florida - but from the witness list alone, they were well aware of where she was and what she was doing.

I wondered at the time why they were sifting snow on the OTHER side of the fence that's there. It could be explained by use of a rifle of some kind. The ejection of the cartridge would cause the spent casing to fly a pretty good distance, depending on the rifle.
... or a shotgun, then there will be lots of pellets with some remaining inside the body.

JMO
I would think that LE would keep going after new evidence so long as they keep getting new directions to pursue. There are multiple reasons why they would keep wanting to get all the evidence they can.

Some of the reasons for doing so:

*During a trial, some evidence can get thrown out by the Defense/Judge and so LE wants to build a tight a case as possible since they dont know what parts of the evidence may end up being thrown out and not be able to use.

*Some new evidence may end up being a lot stronger than the evidence they already have.

*As they keep pursuing where the trails lead them, then other charges may be able to be filed against not only her, but maybe other people may receive charges.

The suicidal ideation, pregnancy and hospitalization is pathetic! And HH's role in that sick charade speaks volumes of her inability to resist TS's manipulation and then actively participating.

I express this realizing that she is a victim of her mother's evil. But by the same token, she knows right from wrong, and just like the rest of society, she is still accountable for her behavior.
Any other person in TS's household may have known right from wrong etc and may be accountable for their behavior, but until you have lived with a person like that and for those many years and have first knowledge of what it takes to literally survive I ask for compassion for them. When I got out of my house at age 18, out of the isolation, out of the hate, out of the fear of setting my step mother off, I couldn't believe how the the rest of the world lived in love and kindness and support of one another. I say lets give them all a break, they lived in a world that most of us cannot be imagined. MOO MOO MOO

After marinating on where Gannon was found, I think that a roadside drop was the only option that she could choose. She already knew that LE could probably trace her movements. So stopping in a deserted area to bury him was out of the question. I agree with the poster who said it took her less than 2 minutes to drop him there. It would seem less suspicious, when LE looked at tracking data, than a longer stop in a deserted area. She probably even made some longer side trips to unpopulated areas, to confuse their search. So thankful he has been found.

They will definitely keep collecting anything that they deem relevant. They will at some point have to turn over initial discovery to the defense. But the case will likely continue to move forward. As they produce more discovery they will then turn it over to the defense as soon as required by the court. I have seen cases where the prosecution has asked a judge to admit newly found evidence even at trial, in those cases usually the judge will make a ruling either giving the defense a chance to review it with their own experts. Or sometimes he will simply allow it to be presented and give the defense a chance to dispute it in court, depending on what the evidence is. Either way the show will go on. And the evidence in this case is going to be completely overwhelming. She tried to cover her tracks, crimes that have the most evidence are more often the ones that involve an attempted redirection of the investigation. And many times that evidence is just as damning as the actual crime itself. The evidence in this case will be as damning as it is voluminous! JMO

DDA Allen is going to nail her to the wall

Escambia River’s Gator Grand Slam : NorthEscambia.com

Alligator hunting Escambia River - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Escambia River is known for its alligators. That was her motive for choosing that river. I wonder which device she used to Google search that.

Interesting.
Escambia alligators might be a bit of general military lore spread by those having been stationed at Pensecola.

The place he was dropped was a loop north from the I 10.

Traveling straight east on I 10 from the point to exit for Pace at highway 291 to the point one would loop back to I 10 from Pace at Hwy 281 is 20 minutes,

Leaving. I 10 at 291 and looping up on the 90 through Pace and back down to I 10 at 281: Google map says just 24 minutes.
JMO
Im convinced like a lot of others that she had to have researched on the internet about how to help herself with hiding the body, getting rid of evidence, decomposition, etc.

She likely would not have used her own phone or any computers in the home. Im hoping LE has checked the local library for any strange searches done about hiding bodies or evidence coverup.

Because that is the only other place I can think of where she could have had internet access without buying a "burner phone". Then again she did seem to have some people around her that she may have asked to use their computer or device to do some research. So the record of searches may have been on someone close to her, if not a library or burner phone. Oh, wait. Motel rooms too if she had stayed in a motel somewhere at any point. Some motels have a computer station setup in a common area where anyone staying at the motel could use the computer. That is another possible computer that may show search results if she had stayed anywhere before heading down to Florida or on the way to Carolina.

I am thinking there would be a treasure trove of search history if LE can get to the right device she used to do research on things.

I hope LE has checked all these possibilities for a computing device she may have used to tap into the internet for research. Places like a library, a burner phone, a friend or relatives device, or a motel with a common use computer for all staying there.

Also, Police can get all searches on a subject or place from Google itself.

Any other person in TS's household may have known right from wrong etc and may be accountable for their behavior, but until you have lived with a person like that and for those many years and have first knowledge of what it takes to literally survive I ask for compassion for them. When I got out of my house at age 18, out of the isolation, out of the hate, out of the fear of setting my step mother off, I couldn't believe how the the rest of the world lived in love and kindness and support of one another. I say lets give them all a break, they lived in a world that most of us cannot be imagined. MOO MOO MOO
You are wonderfully insightful. I agree that it must have been horrible for anyone who had close bonds with her.

Yes, I think when LE went to the store to get the car TS was less than cooperate and wouldn't tell them where the keys were at first. She said something about them trying to get the keys from her daughter but she had them herself all along.

I also think she was questioned at that time, because that's when she went on and on about how they wouldn't let her leave, wouldn't allow her to go to the bathroom, and wouldn't let her talk to an attorney.

I think she was fuming by the time she saw the reporter and that's why she asked to be interviewed, so she could tell her side of the story about how she was treated so unfairly by the police, the public, and her own family.

Imo

She's so full of it. She so obviously and purposely never asked LE to let her speak to a lawyer because she didn't want a lawyer, imo.

Sure... I bet she really wanted a lawyer <sarc> to delay and slow down her plans and preparations for "getting out of Dodge" as soon as possible; according to her own strict, precise pre-planning. She didn't mind stopping to talk to the reporter though; but that was on her terms and according to her schedule and agenda. As she said herself, she really is one to always be thinking of the next move(s) she'll make.

And, she accomplishes all this without a "Things To Do Today" list? Amazing... a creature of a well-practiced and executed, life-long habit of BS'ing her way through every single day.
She would have made a great, highly successful "Event Coordinator / Party-Convention Planner" if only....

After marinating on where Gannon was found, I think that a roadside drop was the only option that she could choose. She already knew that LE could probably trace her movements. So stopping in a deserted area to bury him was out of the question. I agree with the poster who said it took her less than 2 minutes to drop him there. It would seem less suspicious, when LE looked at tracking data, than a longer stop in a deserted area. She probably even made some longer side trips to unpopulated areas, to confuse their search. So thankful he has been found.

I agree, even going over tracking data would be a monumental task for the amount of miles she covered. Probably start with checking for longer stops gas stations, food etc and when those didn't show anything unusual they would work on shorter length stops. Including stop lights, stop signs, traffic slow downs and stops. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that over that many mile trip that there may even be dead areas in information logs where she was still moving but no info was being received. Things like shutting her phone off at various times which would have made tracking her movements even more difficult. That would force them to have to rely on more traditional methods, such as eyewitness accounts, traffic cams, gas station cams etc etc. Truly like finding a needle in a haystack.

JMO
Im convinced like a lot of others that she had to have researched on the internet about how to help herself with hiding the body, getting rid of evidence, decomposition, etc.

She likely would not have used her own phone or any computers in the home. Im hoping LE has checked the local library for any strange searches done about hiding bodies or evidence coverup.

Because that is the only other place I can think of where she could have had internet access without buying a "burner phone". Then again she did seem to have some people around her that she may have asked to use their computer or device to do some research. So the record of searches may have been on someone close to her, if not a library or burner phone. Oh, wait. Motel rooms too if she had stayed in a motel somewhere at any point. Some motels have a computer station setup in a common area where anyone staying at the motel could use the computer. That is another possible computer that may show search results if she had stayed anywhere before heading down to Florida or on the way to Carolina.

I am thinking there would be a treasure trove of search history if LE can get to the right device she used to do research on things.

I hope LE has checked all these possibilities for a computing device she may have used to tap into the internet for research. Places like a library, a burner phone, a friend or relatives device, or a motel with a common use computer for all staying there.

I am more on the line with a burner phone because she probably needed the maps to guide her to the area she left him in and we all know she cant stay off socail media. The hotel computers are very possible too! I know most libraries, well by me at least, you need a library card and you would need a card by giving your identification. I'm curious if they had these searches about alligators all ready from some sort of source since Florida contacted Colorado the day they found his body. It was almost like they contacted the Florida state all ready, saying to contact them if they find a child's body in a brown suitcase. I believe LE had some sort of information that she left the state with his body. Maybe surveillance with her and the suitcase.

Remains found in Florida tentatively ID'd as Gannon Stauch, sheriff says

SABBM:

Authorities declined to say how they connected Letecia Stauch to the boy's apparent death and her arrest affidavit is sealed. But Allen previously said "tons" of video footage, obtained from cellphone and other sources, as well as more than 1,000 pages of law enforcement reports and at least 107 search warrants have been generated thus far.

Since the material has not been made available to the defense, the judge set an April 14 review hearing to address the next steps in the case. The judge could decide then whether the investigative materials will be made public or if they will remain sealed.

In-custody cases will be heard despite the court restrictions on cases amid the coronavirus outbreak, Allen said.
A gag order limits pretrial statements in the case.

Re: The unsealing of the arrest affidavit, I'm leaning strongly in the "later rather than sooner" direction.

I agree with what the article said r/t the April 14 review date as being a potential time for the judge to rule on the media's motion to unseal the affidavit.

While I'd love to see that affidavit released to the public this week, I don't think that's going to happen.

On the upside, it sounds like covid isn't going to completely stop the wheels of justice from slowing turning.

I look forward to DDA Allen grinding TS into tiny particles of dust.

JMO.
@GordianKnot , Do you believe the discovery of Gannon's body will effect the judges ruling on the media's motion to unseal the affidavit?
Prior to the discovery, those far wiser than I anticipated a ruling to unseal.

The suicidal ideation, pregnancy and hospitalization is pathetic! And HH's role in that sick charade speaks volumes of her inability to resist TS's manipulation and then actively participating.

I express this realizing that she is a victim of her mother's evil. But by the same token, she knows right from wrong, and just like the rest of society, she is still accountable for her behavior.

GANNON...

Just a thought, HH
may have been pulling away from
her mother, motivator(stressor)
controlling her own finances

It’s possible SHE was in shock or
meltdown
she had been emotionally
dominated by Letecia

She is a victim for now,

I’d like to know more
about her fellow travelers
enablers or mentors?

Last edited by a moderator:

GANNON

IT makes me really crazy when I finish a puzzle and there are one or two pieces missing, really crazyJMHO...

The big question is under what shelter did she “manipulate” his body to fit into a suitcase? Had she hauled it into a storage unit she would have needed help and video would have captured it. Had she dismembered him out in a remote outdoor location, where no one could ear a gunshot, (or did they) that would have been risky and left a lot of blood. Wherever she did this there must have been blood and potentially witnesses.

4 hours is not a lot of time to drive at least an hour north and back, stop at stores, shop, find a remote location where there are no witnesses, kill someone, dismember or somehow manipulate them enough to fit them into a suitcase, which cannot be an easy task, rent a storage unit, haul suitcase into unit and drive back in time to clean up and play nice with LE when reporting him missing. I don’t buy she hauled him herself into some unit and went back later to dismember him and stuff him in suitcase. The only way she’d have gotten him into a unit alone and undetected, would be in a rolling suitcase to begin with. Nor do I buy she shot him and left him out somewhere in the cold only to return later to dismember him. WAY too risky. Coyotes, bear, mountain lions, humans, vultures, etc. not to mention cops and others watching her movements. Way too risky.

I wonder if enhanced video shows the exact initial injury site on G. Eye, head, stomach, face, etc. I wonder if the suitcase was in truck when she returned home. She did say G came back home with her. If so, maybe she left again to stash him away somewhere after girls went to store.

Anyway you look at it, if G’s body was at any time in the back of that truck, no amount of car washes could have cleaned away the blood traces. And regarding the knife/saw/sharp object: did she get it at Lowe’s next to Petco. Did AS notice it missing from garage. Was it back in garage but lit up with luminol.

I think LS is a professional planner even though she always seem to inadvertently sabotage her own plans with her big mouth. I think she killed him in a remote area on that Monday and immediately placed him into a suitcase or carry bag and covered him in snow as a temporary measure. She left him there knowing she would have to move him, imo. If she's a crime buff, as many have said, she would have planned ahead to avoid the difficulties of trying to contain a hard-to-manage body later in time, imo. I think, on that long and fateful Sunday night, when she first abused Gannon and went too far, she already knew her days in CO were numbered and she was already planning her "escape" to SC.
After all, just hours later, at 8:30 am on Tuesday she was renting a car at the airport... and went missing herself for over 900 miles of driving.... "so Gannon wouldn't see a familiar vehicle and hide because he knew he was in trouble."

I'm sure the prosecution is already anticipating the eventual reward of going for her throat at trial and enjoying those feelings already.
JMO.

Last edited:
@GordianKnot , Do you believe the discovery of Gannon's body will effect the judges ruling on the media's motion to unseal the affidavit?
Prior to the discovery, those far wiser than I anticipated a ruling to unseal.
BBM:

I don't think that will factor into the judge's decision re: unsealing the arrest affidavit, as any/all evidentiary information contained in that doc predated the discovery of Gannon's body.

We're definitely going to see the release of that affidavit.

It's simply a question of when, not if, it's made public.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members