Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
CT - How a Hotspot Developed from a Dinner Party - 41 Cases now in Westport CT

From the Ground: What IMO was absolutely stunning about this situation was that the State Board of Health Director when initially questioned by the Press about the dinner party knew NOTHING about it! Word hadn't made it from Westport to Hartford it appears and seemed to take them 4-5 days to figure out what was going in Westport.

No leadership from Hartford for the Southern Portion of the State which is so vulnerable. Towns are on their own to figure out how to cope and address the situation with COVID19. Many Towns are declining to proactively test and others are saying that tests simply aren't available.

So sad to be watching this play out in real time.

Party Zero: How a Soirée in Connecticut Became a ‘Super Spreader’

Everyone who travels needs to do 14 days immediate self-isolation, no grocery shopping on the way home.

No stopping for gas, or to use a washroom, or stay at a motel, or pick up a coffee or meal, or get stopped for speeding, or get their vehicle fixed at a garage, or pick up their pet from the doggie spa, etc.

An oblivious snowbird on my fb just posted that she did all these things and was still 7hrs from home.

For some reason, when I try to access this thread a screen pops up and blocks all but one member’s comment. Sometimes there is an arrow by the user name that allows me to escape the window but not usually.

Does anyone know a way around this?

I haven't seen that. Does that happen when you click "New Posts" and then select the thread?

Oh dear. This isn't good. From the article:

A union leader at Canada Post in St. John's says 13 postal workers are now in isolation — including himself.

Craig Dyer made the comment to CBC News after Canada Post confirmed that one of its employees at the Kenmount Road mail processing plant had tested positive for COVID-19 Monday.

Dyer, the chief shop steward for the Canadian Union of Postal Workers local, said those in quarantine were told to do so by public health after attending a funeral at Caul's Funeral Home a week ago where a person who tested positive for COVID-19 is said to have attended. The Canada Post employee who tested positive is among them.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/canada-post-employees-covid-1.5507388

ITALY

Italy is bending the arc and rounding the corner hopefully. For 2nd consecutive day, new #COVID19 cases lower than day before. Today's death toll (601), yesterday (651), day before (793). Let’s keep up the lockdown. Other countries pay attention. Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter
Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200323_184658.jpg
    IMG_20200323_184658.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 14
No stopping for gas, or to use a washroom, or stay at a motel, or pick up a coffee or meal, or get stopped for speeding, or get their vehicle fixed at a garage, or pick up their pet from the doggie spa, etc.

An oblivious snowbird on my fb just posted that she did all these things and was still 7hrs from home.

Ontario has very strict requirements right now - for good reason. If people don't comply, there will be a more restrictive lockdown.

SEATTLE....OUR HEROES

It’s official. @seattleflustudy has shifted focus to supporting public health response to #COVID19 to launch SCAN for home based swab collection. @trvrb @lea_starita @JShendure @famulare_mike @debnick60 Jan Englund Michael Boeckh @mjonasrieder @UWMedicine
Helen Chu on Twitter

New #COVID19 study launching from the amazing folks @seattleflustudy and @KCPubHealth! The SCAN study will help public health leaders track the spread of #SARSCoV2 in #Seattle. It will test symptomatic AND asymptomatic people.
Kira Newman, MD, PhD on Twitter
Greater Seattle Coronavirus Assessment Network (SCAN)
#seattlecovid19 @HelenChuMD

I was googling what this might be. Is this the test being referred to?

Scanwell aims to launch at-home 15-minute coronavirus test, but it still needs FDA approval – TechCrunch

To be honest, if you are traveling 1500 miles on the interstate to get home, you are
of necessity, going to do all of those things, which is why i prefer to stay put in
Florida for the time being instead of heading home to Michigan. i dont think she
is oblivious ----

Birx on NYC: “Clearly the virus had to have been circulating for a number of weeks in order to have this level of penetrance in the community” #COVID19
Meg Tirrell on Twitter

“Self-swabbing options” are going to be available this week for #COVID19 testing, Dr Deborah Birx says, noting word from FDA coming. But still notes people should not come in to be tested if not symptomatic.
Meg Tirrell on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member