Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been some confusion about when the Cousin It interview took place. I thought it happened on Wednesday (1/29), right after the confrontation with LE at Marshall's. I was wrong. I emailed Spencer Wilson and here is his answer....

Nope, it was all done on the same day. Happened on Friday, January 31st.

Wires got crossed in the newsroom, that might be how it got mixed up. I just went back and triple checked, Jan 31st is the right date.

Thanks!

-Spencer

There's been some confusion about when the Cousin It interview took place. I thought it happened on Wednesday (1/29), right after the confrontation with LE at Marshall's. I was wrong. I emailed Spencer Wilson and here is his answer....

Wires got crossed in the newsroom, that might be how it got mixed up. I just went back and triple checked, Jan 31st is the right date.

Thanks!

-Spencer
What a guy!

My only issue with this is she gets to play with the other inmates for the rest of her days. That includes meals, social time, learning, relationships. Death Penalty would have meant mostly isolation.

This is JMO from listening to someone here on WS that had to participate in a murder trial for a relative.

They concluded LWOP is a better option for the victim's family in today's US courts climate because of how with the DP, the victim's family gets dragged back to court occasionally because the murderer gets Automatic Appeals which results in multiple court hearings and other things.
The murderer that gets convicted with a DP sentence also can get a lot of attention and crazy fan mail and even people wanting to marry the person (example is Ted Bundy got married while in prison).
And when the sentence is tried to be carried out, how many times have we seen last hour calls from a Governor to give a stay of execution. That would be like a slap in the face to the family.

Whereas with a LWOP sentence, there is less appeals and fan fare for the murderer and so long as the person never really gets let out, it seems to be a little less disruptive to the victim's family.

It is a very tough decision either way because there are pros and cons for each. For a DP vote in this case, I like the thought of her being kept mostly in an isolated cell for 23 hours a day. But I would hate to see her get automatic appeals and any sympathy from outside sources.

Thanks!

-Spencer

Makes sense that she would arrive in Florida on Feb 3d. Right on schedule.

Thanks!

-Spencer
Wow, thank you for clarifying with Spencer!! That makes the timeline even tighter. LE is asking if anyone saw her between Feb 3-5. South Carolina is a 25 hour drive from Colorado Springs. Florida is a 10 hour drive from South Carolina.

What time was that interview? Was the moving truck already loaded? Did they leave for South Carolina that same day? She's toast, I tell ya!!

Well, we can hope they don't all play nice.

I know of someone on death row in PA. Kind of like CO where they have (had) a DP, but rarely carry it out. I can't imagine a worse hell. They congregate with no one; even their one-hour outside each day is alone. They eat in their cell and rot. Even for the states that have the DP and rarely carry it out, when they do, it's because the inmates waived appeals and begged for it.

The fact that she won't taste that sadness, if convicted, is not justice.

This is JMO from listening to someone here on WS that had to participate in a murder trial for a relative.

They concluded LWOP is a better option for the victim's family in today's US courts climate because of how with the DP, the victim's family gets dragged back to court occasionally because the murderer gets Automatic Appeals which results in multiple court hearings and other things.
The murderer that gets convicted with a DP sentence also can get a lot of attention and crazy fan mail and even people wanting to marry the person (example is Ted Bundy got married while in prison).
And when the sentence is tried to be carried out, how many times have we seen last hour calls from a Governor to give a stay of execution. That would be like a slap in the face to the family.

Whereas with a LWOP sentence, there is less appeals and fan fare for the murderer and so long as the person never really gets let out, it seems to be a little less disruptive to the victim's family.

It is a very tough decision either way because there are pros and cons for each. For a DP vote in this case, I like the thought of her being kept mostly in an isolated cell for 23 hours a day. But I would hate to see her get automatic appeals and any sympathy from outside sources.

Agree. DP is in fact too rewarding to the prisoner with attention and marriage proposals etc. even in Texas, which is really unfortunate for victim families.

MOO a special LWOP row should be made for heinous crimes that would have had the death penalty.
23/1 in cell/out of cell, no social privileges.

Last edited:
Wow, thank you for clarifying with Spencer!! That makes the timeline even tighter. LE is asking if anyone saw her between Feb 3-5. South Carolina is a 25 hour drive from Colorado Springs. Florida is a 10 hour drive from South Carolina.

What time was that interview? Was the moving truck already loaded? Did they leave for South Carolina that same day? She's toast, I tell ya!!
Ita.
If any footage exists still and hasn't been recorded over-- LE are prob. checking all interstate/highway cameras near that spot, for either the white moving truck or other vehicles associated with TS and her assistants.
Obviously they can put her there at a certain time.
Or whomever threw Gannon away in that ditch. :(

As of now my bet is on TS doing this alone--- no matter how supportive family/friends might be-- they'd balk at helping get rid of a body, one would hope !

For anyone who was holding out hope of the death penalty:

Colorado abolishes death penalty; governor commutes sentences of 3 on death row

Colorado abolishes death penalty; governor commutes sentences of 3 on death row

Here's what I think of that headline:

13.gif
4331.gif
6338.gif
6373.gif
5212.gif

Last edited:
bbm
Strong words.
I agree.
I shudder to think if the family of TS have ever threatened family or friends of Gannon.
Hopefully not.
But if anyone involved in the prosecution or even Gannon's own family receive any threatening texts/calls-- they need to save them so they know the source.
These are strong words and I value your opinion! I really hate to think or believe that others may have played a role other than LS ! But the world is cruel !

I am sorry hh for you and for what you may be experiencing! Your life has been turned upside down! May you emerge with help and support from that community that loves Gannon! May that community embrace this young woman thrust into this unfortunate life changing event and guide her forward to a life free of LS and a life where she can become whole and she can guide her own path to one of love! I trust that the community has this!

Do we know yet whether the suitcase he was found in belonged to the Stauchs? Really curious about this because if it was their/her suitcase, that trip to Florida was a ridiculous waste of time. A body, you can hope to disappear forever...a suitcase, not so much.
:rolleyes:

IMO TS's family has been hearing for years how much of a victim she is and how bad LH is and how awful her situation is etc, etc. And I'm sure she was very convincing. Early on I believe TS's sister was saying TS was innocent (TS was the victim) even though evidence indicated otherwise. IMO TS has spun this for years. If the people in the caravan knew anything, I wouldn't be surprised if TS convinced them "it was an accident but no one will believe me". So her family would help her hide Gannon to protect her (the victim). RD's video had not surfaced yet, so they would only be going on her words. Or the others said "What? You have him in the van? I don't want any part of this", and hid him as soon as possible. Frankly, I don't really believe that one. And yes, she could have made some excuse and changed driver's and gone on alone. I'm not sure I believe that either. Why SC via Florida, I hope that becomes clear soon.

Yes, I'm sure her family has been listening (and believing) how much she's been the victim all these years. Was thinking this went beyond her stories of LH. I'm sure she's spun tails on just how horrible GS was as well (which breaks my heart to even type because he was an innocent).. but if she painted herself as the hard working, put upon woman with an unsupportive husband, evil birth mom, and horrible brat to care for... I wonder if it was enough for one or more family members to help her if she told them she snapped under the pressure.

I had determined to completely stay away from this case on WS because I knew it would upend me. It's so unbearable to think about what this child endured. I have nothing to add to this case. Just had to express my sorrow and my speechless disgust about that TS. Still can't conceive of how she got him to Florida but I've been following along and paying attention to all the good theories posted here.

Stay safe everyone, stay home. My city is on utter lockdown (NYC).
Fellow New Yorker here. I feel your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82