Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Iceland delivery vans are destroyed by vandals in arson attack | Daily Mail Online

I found this very worrisome. I hope this does not progress to a situation similar to the London Riots of 2011.

"Two Iceland supermarket vans were destroyed in arson attacks on Monday night

'Police riot vans were called out and youths threw missiles at the police as they tried to disperse them,' the retailer said.

Avon and Somerset Police were also investigating other incidents that took place in Henbury and Southmead, including criminal damage and a car being set on fire.

The force said several incidents took place between 10pm on Monday and 12.30am on Tuesday, including:

Someone having a brick through their window in Tranmere Avenue.
Cars being smashed up in Ullswater Road and Strathearn Drive.
A car set on fire in Charlton Lane so close to a house that the family had to evacuate to the back garden until it was made safe.

Patrolling officers came across the Iceland van fire and called it in while officers were flagged down by a member of the public over the car damage in Strathearn Drive."

Yes, but the shelves are empty, no eggs, milk, etc. I am fortunate that I drive and can get to the store. Some of my neighbors cannot. Even though I am in my seventies I am trying to help by getting items for them when I can, but even with doing that, people in line behind me make comments about me hoarding, which I am not doing. This is something many of my neighbors say we are dealing with, anger towards one another instead of kindness and understanding.

I feel for those who no longer have an income coming in. If we do not get our country up and running again, we will have many people suffering not just from the virus, but mentally. Closing businesses for a short while I can agree with, and trying to keep our distance, but this cannot be for months. The long term suffering will be more than just from the virus. JMO

Turn around and tell them you’re shopping for neighbors as well. That should shut them up. And MAYBE they will think to do the same for others.

For another perspective... we never really know someone else's story. Maybe she had an emergency herself. I prefer to give her the benefit of the doubt.
I think the issue is the refusal to mitigate the situation when offered help by store employees. That's a bit cold.

ETA - I love that you reminded us of this, though.

NY

Gov Cuomo:

Army Corp of Engineers setting up emergency hospital

New Facts today, not encouraging:

Increase in # of cases continues unabated, matter of fact is

Rate of new infections is Doubling Every 3 Days

We are Not slowing it, And

It is accelerating on its own

Not freight train, it is Bullet Train

The curve is actually increasing - we have Not flattened the curve

Ah yes, I bet these inmates will follow ALL the C19 recommendations to prevent the spread and 'curb the curve'. When the interventions become worse than the threat itself?
Murder suspect released from jail and was not required to post any bond.
A man charged with the death of another Houston man last summer, got out of jail Thursday and did not have to post any bond upfront to be released, according to court documents.

David Cruz, 29, successfully argued to Judge Dasean Jones that coronavirus presented a threat to his health, despite him having no underlying medical condition listed, according to court documents.

Man facing double murder charge argues fear of coronavirus and is released from prison.
Double murder suspect accused of shooting a mother and son has been released because he was scared of catching coronavirus. The mother was shot four times in the head and her son was shot eight times in the head and once in the leg. Damning evidence against him.

There have been no known cases or exposures of coronavirus reported at that jail.

I’m sure there are other home invading murderers and rapists being released, I’m too tired to look any further.

Double Murder Suspect Seeks Jail Release Amid COVID-19 Outbreak - Loudoun Now

Md residents

Coronavirus Latest: Trader Joe’s Closes Howard County Store For Deep Cleaning

Coronavirus Latest: Trader Joe's Closes Howard County Store For Deep Cleaning

The crew member was last in the store on Monday, Trader Joe’s said.

“We encourage customers who visited the store over the 14-day period ending on March 23, and have health-related concerns, to contact the Howard County Health Department Coronavirus Information Line: (410) 313-6284.”

I’m surprised my small Texas town is taking this as seriously as it is. The governor hasn’t put a shelter in place for the state but our mayor has. No one is out except running, walking and riding bikes (not in groups). Our grocery store is limiting amount of people in store and line is maintained by police for people to be far apart. Our library and city buildings were already closed before the shelter in place and people are generally adhering to the orders. I’m pleasantly surprised because we Texans don’t always think things pertain to us. :rolleyes:

I have a friend in Texas who has thrown an absolute HISSY FIT over the possibility of restrictions. "Not my Texas. You will NOT tell us what to do." (Close paraphrase). This is why we need restrictions. Jmo

@Simply Southern
Simply Southern said:
Yes, Wal-Mart from 6am to 7am.

I ventured out this morning at 6. Five minutes into my trip to Wal-Mart I encounter a mom with 3 kids.
Just as I pass the canned tomatoes, the two year old throws up. Yeap, mom keeps shopping and I hear an employee offer to get her immediately checked out. The mom said, no thanks and kept shopping. This mom is one row behind me, as I rush to grab stuff and leave. The kid or maybe another kid throws up AGAIN. As I'm heading to the checkout, I see what appears to be a manager arguing with the mom.

I wasn't happy. I realize stores can ask customers to allow over 65 to shop special hours but can not refuse others entry.

Am I wrong to be upset with this mother who choose to put others at risk?

RSBM
IDK Seems this mother would have been more worried about the situation! Even if this mess wasn't going around, I would have been in panic mode if that was my child! I understand many parents do not have child care and where we are today with this virus, I doubt I would be willing for anyone to keep my children. BUT your child is throwing up in a super market and you're arguing with the manager?
Being so nonchalant about the situation throws up red flags for me!

Connecticut 40th birthday gathering dubbed 'party zero' after infected guests spread coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Connecticut 40th birthday gathering of 50 guests from across the US and abroad is dubbed 'Party Zero' after half became infected with coronavirus - and spread the disease across several states and countries

Host is on the town zoning committee and an attorney at that large investment fund that pledged money recently. Explains the secrecy: fear of social stigma. Kinda backfired - the cat is out of the bag. NYT and Daily Mail, no less. Embarrassing? Beyond shameful.

Read the comments.

•When you think about it, one person will have ended up possibly infecting the entire world.
•some movie star complaining it cost him nearly $10k to finally get tested. Is he being treated for his symptoms any differently? Some of these people with money really think they are special
•lets test the entire country today. Then what?
•we really are in a pickle right now
•why cant I sleep this week?
•some politicians dragging their feet, I dont think there is a politician that has to worry about feeding her children next week, paying the electric bill, etc
•yes Im self employed and all the sudden I have no work; not complaining though, my choice being self employed and I will perservere
•just some tidbits keeping me up all night
•god bless everyone, and I mean everyone
Not to mention the at least handful of those politicians ....but could be more, IMO.... sold off their stock before all this was announced.
Didn't Martha Stewart do something like that?

Last edited:
NY

Gov Cuomo:

Army Corp of Engineers setting up emergency hospital

New Facts today, not encouraging:

Increase in # of cases continues unabated, matter of fact is

Rate of new infections is Doubling Every 3 Days

We are Not slowing it, And

It is accelerating on its own

Not freight train, it is Bullet Train

The curve is actually increasing - we have Not flattened the curve
BBM

:(:(:(

I think the issue is the refusal to mitigate the situation when offered help by store employees. That's a bit cold.

ETA - I love that you reminded us of this, though.

Arrogance and total disregard for the pandemic. Time was reserved for elderly. Not a mom with three sick kids. I’m sure if she had an emergency, she could have called for curbside pickup. Even in normal times, this is inexcusable.
This was a crime. It should be investigated, and if merited, charges brought.

These are the states that have implemented stay-at-home orders:
California
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Illinois
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Nevada
New Mexico
New Jersey
New York
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
City of Atlanta

Let me know of others so I can add when I publish next.

They have a big machine that vacuums and disinfect the area. They closed the isle but she just moved to the next isle.
Did I not read somewhere that this virus stays "aerosol" for 3 hours?? Closing an aisle is not going to help in a situation like that. I hope and pray that baby doesn't have it but we CANNOT know at this time, ya know.... IMO
ETA:
Coronavirus lives for hours in air particles and days on surfaces, new US study shows
Coronavirus lives for hours in air particles and days on surfaces, new US study shows

Last edited:
STATEWIDE CURRENT SITUATION: Governor Greg Abbott will provide an update on COVID-
19 in Texas on Tuesday, March 24 at 2:30PM at the Texas Department of Public Safety warehouse facility. The Governor will be joined by Texas Department of State Health Services
(DSHS) Commissioner John Hellerstedt, MD, and Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) Chief Nim Kidd.

Situation Reports – TDEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member