Weight150 lbs
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactDecember 21, 1978
NamUs Case CreatedJune 8, 2016
Last Known Location Map
LocationTrenton, New Jersey
CountyBurlington County

Circumstances of DisappearanceKevin advised family that he was being discharged from McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey and would be returning home. His belongings were sent to family; however, he never made it home.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing Person / NamUs #MP34012
Missing Age 18 Years
First Name Kevin
Middle Name Alvin Jude
Last Name Carroll

Sex Male
Height 6' 0" (72 Inches)
Weight 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Location Trenton, New Jersey
County Burlington County

Circumstances of Disappearance: Kevin advised family that he was being discharged from McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey and would be returning home. His belongings were sent to family; however, he never made it home.

His home of record appears to be Salem Oregon

Original

This UID was entered into NamUs four days ago. I can't get over the descriptive and visual similarities between John Doe and Kevin but, there's a problem. JD was found 8 days before Kevin's last known contact date and about one hour away in Lima, PA. This makes me wonder about the accuracy of their data entry and/or reporting info? I'm not convinced or insinuating an error happened but I can't put aside the possibility. (I'll look for and post a link to a case I read recently wherein the date found was entered as the same date as the profile creation date. MSM articles had an accurate date of a few days before.o_O)

More info on Kevin would especially be nice. He was last known to be leaving from about 30 minutes away to go home to Trenton, NJ. When exactly was he discharged from the AFB? When did his belongings arrive and how were they delivered? Was he driving, hitchhiking, or had a pre-arranged ride? What's his story? Did he usually wear a necklace and watch? Was he known to grow a mustache at times? Does his pic represent his civilian look? I just wish we knew more about him and John Doe.

Here are the visual features I keep getting drawn towards:
  • Bottom lip width and shape
  • Top lip divot width
  • Puffiness or jiggliness (ya know what i mean?) at corners of mouth
  • Thick, dark, eyebrows - their shape except for the unibrow messiness
  • Nose shape and size (UID looks a little swollen) especially the width at the adenoids area which kind of bulges out on both Kevin and JD
  • Freckles
Am I seeing things? :confused: Should I call my eye doctor for an exam?:cool::p

I like that Lima case for a comparison but Lima John Doe has an earring and other jewelry that is just not feeling right to me for a young guy recently discharged. On the flip side of that is that the discharge was for a seizure disorder so being found in a creek isn't out of line with an accident.

The dates are a problem but it's not unheard of for record keeping to make mistakes.

Possibly Belleville John Doe? Doe Network: CASE NUMBER - 5UMNJ and NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) profiles. He was found buried in a shallow grave on 2 June 1979 and is believed to have died during the winter of 1978. He is described as being approximately 18-22 years old, 5'6"-5'8" tall (Low compared to Kevin's listed 6' tall but within a few inches; decomposition can often throw off particularly weight estimations but also height.), weighing between 140-160 pounds, and having brown hair. Belleville, NJ is approximately 66 miles from Trenton, NJ, Kevin's last known location. Thoughts?

Possibly Belleville John Doe? Doe Network: CASE NUMBER - 5UMNJ and NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) profiles. He was found buried in a shallow grave on 2 June 1979 and is believed to have died during the winter of 1978. He is described as being approximately 18-22 years old, 5'6"-5'8" tall (Low compared to Kevin's listed 6' tall but within a few inches; decomposition can often throw off particularly weight estimations but also height.), weighing between 140-160 pounds, and having brown hair. Belleville, NJ is approximately 66 miles from Trenton, NJ, Kevin's last known location. Thoughts?

I like it. Send it in.

There were skull fragments by a motel somewhere nearby that I sent in a while back. I didn't get a response (and it's not on the rule-out list) but they added the photo of him.

McGuire Air Force Base is not in Trenton. It's actually quite a distance from there.View attachment 240143
Thank you for the correction, you're right. McGuire is approximately 16 miles outside of Trenton. I was going by Trenton, NJ being what was listed above for his last known location and assumed that's where the base was.

I submitted Kevin to the Lima Twp Crumb Creek John Doe's case contact. They seem pretty interested in it. I forgot that we had talked about it here.
They did say the last known contact date for Kevin wasn't 100% so going back a few days wasn't an issue.
And now we wait to see what the outcome is .......

If it isn't a match I'd like to find out what Kevin's mode of transportation home was. I always worked under the theory that on his way home he had a seizure causing an incident ending his life.

I submitted Kevin to the Lima Twp Crumb Creek John Doe's case contact. They seem pretty interested in it. I forgot that we had talked about it here.
They did say the last known contact date for Kevin wasn't 100% so going back a few days wasn't an issue.

If it isn't a match I'd like to find out what Kevin's mode of transportation home was. I always worked under the theory that on his way home he had a seizure causing an incident ending his life.
I forgot too about the potential match of Kevin to JD's remains. :oops: Thank you for submitting!

:eek: Oh wow! I just read back through Kevin's thread and realized he is the match to the remains you and I discussed upthread. I hadn't realized this when I first posted over in Kevin's UID thread. I saw there that you had submitted Kevin but didn't put two and two together until I came back here to read about Kevin's disappearance. TYSVM for submitting him. High five, teammate! :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back