Members' Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain on my Parade,

There may have been a doll(s) somewhere in the wine-cellar, e.g. a Partially Opened Gift, but that picture does appear to be the FAO wrapping paper seen from an acute angle.

JonBenet may have been placed on the nightgown as she was being cleaned up and redressed. Else the droplets could be from her nose, possibly the same source as that on her pillow-case.

Otherwise they might be simple transfer say from whatever was used to wipe JonBenet down, as per Coroner Meyer's claims? e.g. the cloth was dropped onto the nightgown?

Folks used to explain away the nightgown as arriving in the wine-cellar via static acquired in transit whilst being washed or in the tumble-drier?

This does not explain how the bloodstains or Burke's touch dna arrived on an item which is particular to the wine-cellar?

Something for folks to consider is : there was a pillow observed on a table-top in one of the kitchen crime-scene photos, this pillow vanished at a later point.

So the speculation is that JonBenet was whacked in the breakfast bar and and a pillow was brought down to place under her head,which was later in all the panic forgotten about?

This might be the same pillow that was bloodstained with JonBenet's blood?

However you cut it, the bloodstains and the touch-dna place JonBenet in her bedroom or the breakfast bar?

Burke's knife found in the basement links him to the crime-scene as does his touch-dna,neither should really be there.

Yet in the future Burke might wish to claim he returned back downstairs, see Dr Phil, to play with a toy and used the knife to do something?

UKGuy,
I wonder if we know if the pillow on the breakfast bar is the one which had JB blood on it. Since JR and PR were questioned about the box of tissue on the table; then perhaps she was hit on the head there. Possibly it was all over BR losing it over JB putting her fingers in his bowl.
It is interesting that Interview went like this:
https://youtu.be/EfQr7E8HTQ8
He knew what happened.
SS overheard Burke and Doug talk about whether the strangulation was manual or not on the day of the memorial.
Wouldn’t it be nice if BR came clean!

Watched video...Interesting how Burke shows no emotions and even being chipper recalling death of his sister and his love for video games and going on with his life...But again, I think he was/is in the spectrum so it is probably normal to express his feelings this way... What he felt inside I wish we knew...
On the last video with Dr Phil he sure looks like he put on weight compare to his teenage self...he looks so much like Patsy...

Watched video...Interesting how Burke shows no emotions and even being chipper recalling death of his sister and his love for video games and going on with his life...But again, I think he was/is in the spectrum so it is probably normal to express his feelings this way... What he felt inside I wish we knew...
On the last video with Dr Phil he sure looks like he put on weight compare to his teenage self...he looks so much like Patsy...
Yes, he does look like Patsy. What I found most interesting of all was the mention of the knife, somebody hitting her on the head and the discussion with DS and the manner of strangulation.
I researched autism and that lead me to ODD. I personally wouldn’t be surprised if he falls into this spectrum. It seems to fit according to the accounts of his behavior from what I have read.
The story doesn’t add up either about the kids seeing a therapist because of PR cancer. They were not that. Just more stories they fabricated.

IMO what is likely is that BR caused the apparently mortal or at least major incapacitating head would to JB and PR went into a disorganized cover up spiral that included the garotte to end JBs life. Why? To save her remaining child.

JR knows what happened. He woke to find PR's bizarre attempt at cover up and managed that as best he could to save his wife and son. One could say JR was successful.

UKGuy,
I wonder if we know if the pillow on the breakfast bar is the one which had JB blood on it. Since JR and PR were questioned about the box of tissue on the table; then perhaps she was hit on the head there. Possibly it was all over BR losing it over JB putting her fingers in his bowl.
It is interesting that Interview went like this:
He knew what happened.
SS overheard Burke and Doug talk about whether the strangulation was manual or not on the day of the memorial.
Wouldn’t it be nice if BR came clean!

June 1998 John Ramsey Interrogation by Lou Smit and Mike Kane (JonBenet's Bedroom)
12 LOU SMIT: I'll hold that up to the camera.
13 Okay. This here that I'm going to show you now,
14 John, during the kidnap phase of this there was
15 some photographs taken, and I'm sure this is
16 probably the very first time you've been shown
17 many photographs (INAUDIBLE).
18 And we're doing this for a couple of reasons. And
19 the police are right, you shouldn't show the
20 photographs in an ongoing investigation. But you
21 can show photographs, and I feel that they should
22 be shown because I would like to know. You know
23 your house better than anyone. These are
24 photographs that were taken at a time you hadn't
25 even found JonBenet's body yet.
1 We can't spend a whole great length of time on
2 this, but I would like to spend some time. And I'd
3 like you to just look at the photographs and see
4 if you can see anything that's out of place that
5 don't belong there. Something that may have been
6 taken that's missing. Or something that the killer
7 may have left in the house.
8 A lot of time they'll take things out, but you
9 just don't remember what it is because you haven't
10 taken the photographs, you don't know that.
11 JOHN RAMSEY: Um hmm.
12 LOU SMIT: And that's why, I know my others
13 have discussed this, we decided to show
14 photographs of the scene at this time. And I've
15 got too let you know that the police department
16 did go along with this. So they're not -- I know
17 that there's hard feelings on this. I just want to
18 let you know that.
19 JOHN RAMSEY: Well, as I said earlier, if
20 we're wrong, we owe a lot of apologies.
21 LOU SMIT: I know. I know. Well, I'm just
22 going to -- Mr. Morgan, you can look at it as
23 well. If you see something that you don't
24 understand or something that looks out of place,
25 we'll take notes of this.
1 JOHN RAMSEY: That is.
2 LOU SMIT: He's pointing to photograph two
3 (INAUDIBLE).
4 JOHN RAMSEY: This photograph two, is
5 (INAUDIBLE) her bed. I don't know where her pillow
6 is. I mean the pillow on her bed.

I am three degrees from the case and this coincides with what I've been told.

Wow, almost 500 views and no theories posted yet? Ok, I'll give it a go.

I think JonBenet was put to bed somewhat sleepy but awake enough to walk up the stairs. Maybe complaining she's hungry and Patsy just says "oh sush now you've had plenty to eat and you need a good nights sleep for tomorrow"--

Once in bed she didn't fall straight to sleep but rather just as PR and JR are getting ready for bed she goes to Burkes room and complains she's hungry. Burke is there with the flashlight under his covers playing with a gameboy type thing or reading. He leaves the flashlight and toy/book behind and goes downstairs with JonBenet, he has tea and she has pineapple. They return upstairs and JonBenet is more awake and wants to cuddle in with Burke.

At first he just returns to whatever he was doing earlier and JonBenet snuggles beside him... it turns into him sexually assaulting her. She tries to get out of bed and he bashes her in the head with the flashlight. She had let out a scream just before he hit her which brought Patsy and John running to Burkes room.

There are screams, terror, shock and quick panic reactions. John picks up JonBenet and runs her away from Burke while Patsy (terrified and in shock) demands an explanation. Not sure here what Burke says but Patsy tells him to stay in his room.

I believe the fear and shock that Burke would feel at this point being left alone in his room is enough to send this kid into very deep denial and loss of memory and very easy to manipulate into believing something horrible happened to his sister AFTER he hit her. That is the only way I can reconcile in my own mind why John and Patsy would add the ropes and tape to their precious little girls already battered body.

It was heartbreaking and I don't doubt both parents were in agony. They didn't just need to convince the outside world that someone other than Burke did it, they needed to convince Burke. :twocents:

I hope it's ok to come back a fine tune this if I want?

Jubie

The cause of death was asphyxiation. In the pics, the rope is embedded so deep into JonBenet's neck, that it isn't visible. Deep furrows from where the ligature was tied, encircle her entire neck. Her pubic area was wiped and her underpants were replaced.

This is a lot of effort to go to just to convince a 9 yr. old kid he was innocent.

You know sometimes you have light bulb moments. This was a one for me:
If looks could kill. I have experienced this in my own life by my mother. Now it makes sense why Detective Arndt said what she did about her gun.

IMO
I think Burke did it. In the video above he seems fine that his sister died. I know he is not a typical kid, he is absolutely different, but sometimes he is normal. He says normal things....like when that guy showed him the bowl of pineapple and he acted like he didn't know what it was, or like when he told that woman he wouldn't tell her a secret. He knows when to lie - he isn't stupid for sure.
The thing that convinced me was when she asked him what he thinks happened to her - all that seems like what actually happened. That someone (him) took her downstairs really quietly and then hit her on the head. Literally that is what happened. Would John and Patsy gotten that graphic with him about what happened and told him details? I don't know. But it seems unlikely.
The 'moving on' thing seems as if that would be something John would tell him to do, though....because that is what it seems like John has done. It was said that in the past Burke had hit Jonbenet, so the possibility of it happening again seems very likely. I believe for sure it was someone who was really mad at her because of the force of the head wound. No one would do that unless there was anger behind it. Maybe he had never liked her, felt jealous, always wanted her gone? Maybe he was up having a snack with her and the anger just built more and more out of nowhere? I absolutely believe for sure it was someone in that house that killed her. The fact that the house was so contaminated was the key in it being unsolved. Lord only knows how they themselves contaminated it before it was even reported.
((The one element I hope didn't happen was the sexual abuse while she was alive. I mean it was bad enough the poor kid died in her home on Christmas and to have to take photos and be 'pretty' all the time for her mom, but to have also had to go through that as well throughout her life? I think something was going on in that house - because why else would she have still been wetting the bed? But I really hope it wasn't that....if it were then again it would've had to have been her dad or her brother. Sick! ))
I don't think Patsy went to bed - the not changing her clothes was a clue. Maybe she fixed the snack for the both of them and then they went down to play and then it happened?
Afterwards I think the parents staged it because they already knew Burke was responsible. I think they told him to stay in bed and not say a single word, hence him saying he was in bed and stayed there.
I believe there is a little bit of truth in every lie.

Last edited:
I KNOW WHO KILLED JONBENÉT!!!
IT WAS HIS BROTHER BURKE RAMSEY AND A FRIEND OF HIS!!!
THEY WERE AFTER JONBENET AND BURKE'S FATHER JOHN
HIS FRIEND LIVED NEXT TO HIM, AND WENT THERE AT NIGHT WITH THAT FLASHLIGHT
THEY JUST WANTED THE MONEY, BECAUSE BURKE THOUGHT HIS PARENTS GAVE EVERYTHING TO JONBENÉT AND NOTHING TO HIM
THE LETTER IS CLEAR.. "TWO GENTLEMEN WHO IS WATCHING YOUR DAUGHTER DO NOT PARTICULARLY LIKE"
LETTER IS RIDICULOUS AND WAS CLEARLY WRITTEN BY A KID WHO PRETENDING TO BE A BAD *advertiser censored* KIDNAPPER BUT USED ONLY 80'S MOVIES CLICHES ON IT!

VICTORY TO FIND THE MURDERER!

Nat_Cat9794's THEORIES AND OPINIONS:
So I have heard about this story since I was a kid. I've heard everything from the parents and family being involved to a family friend (I even think at one point the family's priest might've been accused but then again that could've been a fever dream). Anyway, I have a list of things that have bugged me about this case and I would like to share for further thoughts:
  1. Crime Scene Fiasco: PD gets a phone call, Patsy Ramsey is the caller and is in hysterics (honestly after listening to her phone call, she was way to calm after finding out her daughter had been kidnapped but again this is only my opinion). She's calling that her daughter is missing, there's a kidnapping, they can't find their daughter and that there's a note. Police come and investigate, search the house, and sadly find her in the basement. What bugs me the most about this part is (after watching the news story and numerous others) most of them have said that crime scene had been "tainted" by John Ramsey (the father) after HE found her in the basement (a cop had told him to search the house, the first thing he did was go to the basement).
  2. Ransom "Note": I use the term "note" very loosely in this part because after seeing it in the news story, it's more of an instruction manual of what to do. IF you're kidnapping a kid, with the parents home asleep, you want to be in and out quickly otherwise the kid will wake up and start sounding the alarm. You don't have time to write an essay on "how to get your daughter back alive". It's just not right, AND another red flag is that the paper came from Patsy's (?) personal stationary.
  3. Injuries: Now from what I have found (and what I could tell) this poor child was strangled, hit on the head with blunt force (either flashlight/bat, but I think it could've been from one of her pageant trophies but that's just me) and was assaulted. If I remember correctly, they did run tests from DNA that they found on JonBenet but I don't think anything came back from it.
  4. Suspects: Now, obviously the first suspects were the parents and her brother. Honestly, to this day, I think the brother did have something to do with it. I think even though he was the older brother, he was jealous of his sister because she got a lot of attention (mainly her mom and dad, even though he didn't even like JonBenet doing the pageants). Think about it, his room is probably right next to (if not right down the hall from) JonBenet's room. If mom and dad see or hear him get up in the night, they're not going to question their son why he's up.
That's all I have so far. It's sad that it's been over 20 years (give or take) and I don't even think it's been solved or anywhere close. Again, these are just theories and opinions so please don't take them too seriously. I hope that one day they will solve this and JonBenet will be able to rest.

I KNOW WHO KILLED JONBENÉT!!!
IT WAS HIS BROTHER BURKE RAMSEY AND A FRIEND OF HIS!!!
THEY WERE AFTER JONBENET AND BURKE'S FATHER JOHN
HIS FRIEND LIVED NEXT TO HIM, AND WENT THERE AT NIGHT WITH THAT FLASHLIGHT
THEY JUST WANTED THE MONEY, BECAUSE BURKE THOUGHT HIS PARENTS GAVE EVERYTHING TO JONBENÉT AND NOTHING TO HIM
THE LETTER IS CLEAR.. "TWO GENTLEMEN WHO IS WATCHING YOUR DAUGHTER DO NOT PARTICULARLY LIKE"
LETTER IS RIDICULOUS AND WAS CLEARLY WRITTEN BY A KID WHO PRETENDING TO BE A BAD *advertiser censored* KIDNAPPER BUT USED ONLY 80'S MOVIES CLICHES ON IT!

VICTORY TO FIND THE MURDERER!
I did notice that the handwriting on the ransom "note" seemed a bit to young to be an adult's handwriting. Nice catch

I did notice that the handwriting on the ransom "note" seemed a bit to young to be an adult's handwriting. Nice catch
Yet, according to the handwriting experts it was written by a nurturer. The note was most likely written by PR. It could have been by her own directive or that of JR (you will do this). Many secrets inside that house, obviously.

If this had been really investigated right away, instead of pointing at the parents, this would have been solved right away. Someone was in that house. Doors left unlocked. window open, window broken, near a busy area. The Ramsey's only crime was NOT securing the house when they left...………….

I am a fence sitter.

I've read DoI, the Schiller book (excellent) and ST's book. I've read the transcripts from interrogations and the autopsy report and other information and I still have so many mixed feelings and seemingly contradictory beliefs.

For instance, to me Patsy's interrogations have an evasive note in them while JR's do not. The ransom note does look like a female's writing. But when I look at the various scores of all of the handwriting analyses, I'm surprised at how little consensus they have. I am also surprised that the experts were not given several unidentified writing samples, PR's being only one of these, and asked to analyze them all. I am a scientist, I expect blind samples so the data can speak for itself and my emotions and predispositions can't get in the way. This was the death of a child, everyone wanted to find the answers as quickly as possible. It's such an emotional situation I believe it required MORE controls and blind studies than you'd perhaps require ordinarily. Having said that, the RN looked feminine, though elements of the crime 'feel' masculine. And I cannot imagine how a southern housewife with no history of crime and evasion could essentially outsmart teams of scientists enough to create anything other than a clear path back to her.

Reading all the books, I can understand JR's logic when he describes why he did certain things that in retrospect made him look suspicious, or acted in certain ways. When I read his transcripts, I hear a father whose child was murdered and has been screwed by the system and is pissed but still largely participating. When I read Patsy's transcripts I feel odd... as if she was using her "fiddle-dee-dee, John handles all our boring details" attitude to be evasive. When I read of her actions, even in her own words, I'm with her up to a certain point but then I feel she says or does something very... shallow? or disconnected? or odd, and it sets off my radar. But then - if she did participate in the cover up, how could her husband not know? How could he sound genuine?

I keep coming back to a familiar non-family member. Someone who knew the house, or who had access to the house when the family wasn't there. Someone who wrote the ransom note first, during the evening, who deliberately used things found in the Ramsey home as a sort of f-you to JR, who had resentment and hate and sick, twisted mind. A stun gun, carrying JBR to the basement, molestation and strangulation -- perhaps he intended to carry her out the first floor door? and he intended to leave evidence, such as the ligature and paint brush, to terrify the parents and let them know she was being harmed, to make them suffer. And JBR came-to and screamed, he tightened the cord and realized he'd killed her, knocked her ferociously on the head to make sure she was dead and could not id him, and then crept to the top of the stairs and listened to make sure no one had heard the scream, left the note, left through the butler's pantry door.

So while I can see most of that, I somehow still feel Patsy was connected. I don't like that she was wearing the same clothes the next morning. I don't like that she let someone carry Burke out the door, that she let him out of her sight that morning. I also don't understand how they could have been surrounded by so many, many creepy characters and not known it. People with grudges, sketchy mcsanta family, drifters living with close friends, convicts painting their basement. It feels like a very huge number of dangerous situations waiting to happen. How did they never see this?

On the other hand, why would they have lied about something as simple as pineapple and taken such a stand against it if they were guilty? Why wouldn't they have said - you know in my shock I forgot that sometimes JBR got hungry late at night and yes I fed her something, totally forgot, she went right back to sleep after eating it. Instead they made a stand against it, which if they were guilty, when faced with evidence, would be ridiculous. If they were innocent and they genuinely did not feed that to her that night, it was real evidence of what happened that night.

I can't get off the fence.
It seems apparent that the only way blood drops could be outside on the sidewalk, street level, is if he was attacked outside. Before entering the view of the camera. Because if he had stumbled outside and then returned it would have been seen on camera, same as if an attacker had stabbed him inside and then left, dripping blood on the way out. I am fairly certain that his wounds happened before getting home, and the process of entering his house continued to exasperate the injuries. Until he succumbed to them.

If this had been really investigated right away, instead of pointing at the parents, this would have been solved right away. Someone was in that house. Doors left unlocked. window open, window broken, near a busy area. The Ramsey's only crime was NOT securing the house when they left...………….

Well this is just wholly innacurate.

The Ramseys themselves said the house was completely locked up when they went to bed.

John Ramsey admits he broke the basement window.

There is a lot if discrepancy as to whether the basement window was open or not.

The only sign that someone may have tried to get into that house was pry marks near one of the kitchen doors, which Patsy showed to someone months before the murder.

The only sign that someone may have tried to get into that house was pry marks near one of the kitchen doors, which Patsy showed to someone months before the murder.

Do you know who she showed them to? Thanks.

The Ramseys themselves said the house was completely locked up when they went to bed.

There is a lot if discrepancy as to whether the basement window was open or not.

Two basement windows were unlocked and John said they did not lock all doors as they should have. He never said the house was all locked up. Anyway the Ramseys were punished for being punished. Enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123