The British Royal Family #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk

·
10m
BREAKING: Charles, Prince of Wales, tests positive for coronavirus and is displaying mild symptoms - Sky News

So sorry to hear this. Hope he's feeling better soon. He does so many public engagements, its not surprising. Maybe it would be ok if all the members of the BRF reduced their public visits for a while. They shouldn't be expected to put health and life at risk.

I don't typically follow this thread but I was curious how pandemics had touch the British Monarchy. Interesting parallels between the Spanish Flu and Covid-19 based on how it was spread and it's possible origin.

Best wishes to all who are affected for sure. Hoping now that Prince Harry seems more settled with his future, that the rug is not pulled out from under him in this crisis, as a result of family illness/death.

Spanish Flu

While the royals escaped cholera, influenza killed Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence and Avondale and the eldest child of the Prince and Princess of Wales who later ascended to be King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra.

He was also the grandson of the reigning British monarch Queen Victoria.

At the time of his death he was engaged to be married to Princess Mary of Teck. She later married his younger brother who became King George V in 1910.

By then the Spanish Flu was well on its way to killing a reported 50 million people as it swept through Europe. This pandemic was thought to have originated in China and this health officials handed out gauze masks in some areas to try and slow the rate of infection.

The King of Spain died during this pandemic, as did the British Prime Minister David Lloyd George.

The pandemic struck at a difficult time when many medical staff at been deployed for World War I and it is thought the severity of the disease wasn't understood for some time and that overcrowding on transport and in workplaces due to the war effort helped the spread.

The pandemic that killed six members of the British Royal Family

I don't typically follow this thread but I was curious how pandemics had touch the British Monarchy. Interesting parallels between the Spanish Flu and Covid-19 based on how it was spread and it's possible origin.

Best wishes to all who are affected for sure. Hoping now that Prince Harry seems more settled with his future, that the rug is not pulled out from under him in this crisis, as a result of family illness/death.

Spanish Flu

While the royals escaped cholera, influenza killed Prince Albert Victor, Duke of Clarence and Avondale and the eldest child of the Prince and Princess of Wales who later ascended to be King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra.

He was also the grandson of the reigning British monarch Queen Victoria.

At the time of his death he was engaged to be married to Princess Mary of Teck. She later married his younger brother who became King George V in 1910.

By then the Spanish Flu was well on its way to killing a reported 50 million people as it swept through Europe. This pandemic was thought to have originated in China and this health officials handed out gauze masks in some areas to try and slow the rate of infection.

The King of Spain died during this pandemic, as did the British Prime Minister David Lloyd George.

The pandemic struck at a difficult time when many medical staff at been deployed for World War I and it is thought the severity of the disease wasn't understood for some time and that overcrowding on transport and in workplaces due to the war effort helped the spread.

The pandemic that killed six members of the British Royal Family

Harry is far down the line of succession, so there likely will be little disruption to his life. OTOH, the senior royals in England are under a lot of stress and face some substantive changes if others become ill. I'm sure they'll be strong and keep the monarchy going on their own, hopefully with as few unnecessary disruptions as possible.

Harry is far down the line of succession, so there likely will be little disruption to his life. OTOH, the senior royals in England are under a lot of stress and face some substantive changes if others become ill. I'm sure they'll be strong and keep the monarchy going on their own, hopefully with as few unnecessary disruptions as possible.

I would hope that Harry is proactive and abandons his claim of 6th to the throne. That's the last thing the monarchy needs to worry about in these uncertain times. JMO

To be fair, if numbers 1-5 all suddenly died, I'd rather Harry got the top job than Andrew!

Neither one are fit to be King, they've proven that repeatedly. The British Royal family has things set up, the Queen and her decision makers would not be foolish enough to leave the monarchy in the hands of either of those men.

The family and decision makers are also not foolish enough to share details of succession with the public.

It would be nice if we could all come together with kindness in this difficult and uncertain time. I wish all of the BRF well, and there’s zero negativity I wish to express. Personally, I would like to flood the world with as many positive expressions as possible at this point. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert