Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proof re Desertion & Nonsupport Crim Charges, Idaho.
"TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 4
ABANDONMENT OR NONSUPPORT OF WIFE OR CHILDREN
18-401. DESERTION AND NONSUPPORT OF CHILDREN OR SPOUSE. Every person who:
(1) Having any child under the age of eighteen (18) years dependent upon him or her for care, education or support, deserts such child in any manner whatever, with intent to abandon it;
(2) Willfully omits, without lawful excuse, to furnish necessary food, clothing, shelter, or medical attendance for his or her child or children, or ward or wards; provided however, that the practice of a parent or guardian who chooses for his child treatment by prayer or spiritual means alone shall not for that reason alone be construed to be a violation of the duty of care to such child;...
Shall be guilty of a felony and shall be punishable by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or by imprisonment for not to exceed fourteen (14) years, or both." bbm sbm

^ Section 18-401 – Idaho State Legislature

At post 982, @Gardener1850 posted excellent points about what the state can show re Lori's actions, tending to support the above charge. G1850 also noted no abuse or homicide charges have been filed.
Personally agreeing w G1850 that children have likely come to great harm, but wondering ---
If state does not present evd of childrens' whereabouts/condition at any point since Sept, could Lori be found guilty of abandonment/nonsupport charges?

Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter
JUST IN: Attorney for Melani Pawlowski responds to Brandon Boudreaux’s court filing. “Melani has never been part of a cult. She may understand some of the extremist beliefs her aunt Lori Vallow & Chad Daybell but that does not mean that she has adopted those beliefs as her own.”

ET_2c3VU8AAs2xU

ET_2c3WUEAEROMH

MBP is accusing BB of abuse, Jarvis is making her out as an innocent acquaintance, and yet she marries IP almost immediately after moving to Rexburg, one IP who was in court last April for a domestic violence charge and a violation of protection order, CR33-19-0704. Curious as to why NP dropped the charges. What is it with some people? MOO

I hate say this but the burden of proof is on the prosecution not the defense. So far no hard evidence has been shown that either child has been harmed.

JMO I think if Chad doesn’t figure out a way to bail her out... the first person she flips on will be Chad. She’ll go with some type of defense where she’ll make herself and possibly Melanie out to be somehow abused or brainwashed victims. Not saying that would fly... and jmo
On a different note I heard lvd on that podcast with MG and some guy they seemed to tout as important, Its about an hour long, I heard about 6 minutes of it. lvd is extremely soft spoken that’ll help her with a jury to try to play a brainwashed victim but during this podcast she says something along the lines of “I don’t want my children to suffer, but I know they have to in order to see the light” or something like this... did anyone else listen to the podcast?

Proof re Desertion & Nonsupport Crim Charges, Idaho.
"TITLE 18
CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 4
ABANDONMENT OR NONSUPPORT OF WIFE OR CHILDREN
18-401. DESERTION AND NONSUPPORT OF CHILDREN OR SPOUSE. Every person who:
(1) Having any child under the age of eighteen (18) years dependent upon him or her for care, education or support, deserts such child in any manner whatever, with intent to abandon it;
(2) Willfully omits, without lawful excuse, to furnish necessary food, clothing, shelter, or medical attendance for his or her child or children, or ward or wards; provided however, that the practice of a parent or guardian who chooses for his child treatment by prayer or spiritual means alone shall not for that reason alone be construed to be a violation of the duty of care to such child;...
Shall be guilty of a felony and shall be punishable by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or by imprisonment for not to exceed fourteen (14) years, or both." bbm sbm

^ Section 18-401 – Idaho State Legislature

At post 982, @Gardener1850 posted excellent points about what the state can show re Lori's actions, tending to support the above charge. G1850 also noted no abuse or homicide charges have been filed.
Personally agreeing w G1850 that children have likely come to great harm, but wondering ---
If state does not present evd of childrens' whereabouts/condition at any point since Sept, could Lori be found guilty of abandonment/nonsupport charges?

That's probably a good question for @AZlawyer or @Mormon Attorney to answer.

My opinion as a non-attorney/non-expert in Idaho law: The state doesn't have to prove the location of the children because the state has ample evidence that Lori's children are missing. The bulk of the evidence against Lori is how she has acted towards her children during the time they have been missing. First of all, she never reported them missing. Then she lied multiple times about where her children were and not once did Lori ask anyone for help finding her missing children. This is especially concerning since at one point she lied and said Tylee ran away and took JJ with her and another time she said Tylee was dead. The state should be able to demonstrate that Lori lied several times since they have charged her with obstruction. Her lying and obstructing the investigation has prevented the children from being found so that their welfare could be assessed. That's a major part of the case.
MOO.

JMO I think if Chad doesn’t figure out a way to bail her out... the first person she flips on will be Chad. She’ll go with some type of defense where she’ll make herself and possibly Melanie out to be somehow abused or brainwashed victims. Not saying that would fly... and jmo
On a different note I heard lvd on that podcast with MG and some guy they seemed to tout as important, Its about an hour long, I heard about 6 minutes of it. lvd is extremely soft spoken that’ll help her with a jury to try to play a brainwashed victim but during this podcast she says something along the lines of “I don’t want my children to suffer, but I know they have to in order to see the light” or something like this... did anyone else listen to the podcast?
God it’s horrible. Iirc the guy is JM and he gives her a great intro but she comes off weak. He blabs pretty much through the whole thing and I had to skip skip skip and just heard him.

After hearing her it’s hard to imagine her telling CV she was going to kill him if he got in her way of being a god and then actually did it. I think she was seriously star struck with JM and of course CD. I have a feeling the deleted CD/LV podcasts were more revealing!

Last edited:
I know and respect the prohibition against quoting social media in this forum, so I will summarize. I have a friend who is obsessed with signs of the second coming. She posts incessantly on Facebook about earthquakes, disease, and locusts. Yesterday, when she posted an article about a plague of locusts in Africa, a friend of hers wrote "YES!" In context, it was clear this monosyllabic affirmation was an expression of joy that the second coming was near. My friend and her friends are true believers. It is quite plausible that the mainstream Mormon Church will soon not be enough for any of them.

I wonder how quickly my friend would race down the rabbit hole if her online research brought her to the following paragraph:

I describe two earthquakes in the Great Gathering. The prophecies indicate there will be many that strike the United States in coming years, even in areas where there haven’t been earthquakes in recorded history. In the novel I focus on the quakes that will hit Utah’s Wasatch Front. The first one is moderate, and it disrupts life for a few weeks. Many older brick buildings crumble and roads suffer damage, but repairs are made quickly.

I imagine her plowing ahead almost breathlessly as she reads what comes next:

This earthquake will cause Utahns to react in two ways. A large number will say, “Hurray! The Big One came and we survived it. We’ll be safe now for a few more decades.” Others will see the earthquake for what it is—a warning from the Lord to get our houses in order.

These paragraphs are of course from Chad Daybell's blog post "Finding Joy in the Last Days" (18- Finding joy in the last days | cdaybell.com). Now you may argue it doesn't take huge amounts of prophetic talent to prophesy that at some point in the future there will be an earthquake in a region that sits on top of a fault. But that's immaterial. If, like my friend, you are hungry for more than the safe and familiar lessons repetitively served up every Sunday in mainstream Mormon churches, Daybellism is likely to hold immense appeal.

A few days after the Utah earthquake, the Church-owned Deseret News published an article with the headline "Experts say Utah earthquake is a call for preparedness" (Experts say Utah earthquake is a call for preparedness). The article quotes a professor from one of Utah's teaching colleges who said, “There are lessons to be learned about preparedness. [Utahns] kind of had the attitude that, well it won’t happen here. They no longer have that attitude. It was a wake-up call.”

My friend has been sounding the alarm for months. She is convinced that her co-religionists are sleeping in an era when nothing but maximum effort and total devotion are acceptable. She would lap up Chad's writing and see in his "prophesies" vindication. The world will be a better place if she stays forever ignorant of them. That way, she will remain the misguided but ultimately harmless soul whose only real crime is posting crazy stuff on Facebook. The moment she is sucked into Chad's orbit, all bets are off. The corruption of Melani Pawlowski provides a cautionary tale.

MOO

Last edited:
JUST IN: Attorney for Melani Pawlowski responds to Brandon Boudreaux’s court filing. “Melani has never been part of a cult. She may understand some of the extremist beliefs her aunt Lori Vallow & Chad Daybell but that does not mean that she has adopted those beliefs as her own.”

ET_2c3VU8AAs2xU

ET_2c3WUEAEROMH

Am I understanding this correctly? Melani's attorney just admitted to the public that the letter Natalie found on Ian's computer was in fact written by Ian and also revealed to us that it was his statement to the police? He also sort of threw Lori and Chad under the bus by admitting they have those extreme beliefs as outlined in the document Ian wrote. o_O:confused:

ETA: MOO

Last edited:
The order confirmation email from Amazon would have revealed at least "Charles Vallow, Rexburg, Idaho." But Kay said it was the Amazon purchase that led her to Lori's new address, so I'm inferring that, once Kay discovered the email, she also guessed the PW for Amazon.
Agree. Also, did you notice how Nate phrased the following? BBM
"A website history on the computer from which the ring was ordered also showed someone searching for wedding dresses the next day, according to sources close to the investigation."
Hmmm, would love to know what else was in that search history, besides dress searches. Interesting how he used the word "someone".

which IMO, says they also accessed

Am I understanding this correctly? Melani's attorney just admitted to the public that the letter Natalie found on Ian's computer was in fact written by Ian and also revealed to us that it was his statement to the police? He also sort of threw Lori and Chad under the bus by admitting they have those extreme beliefs as outlined in the document Ian wrote. o_O:confused:

That is how I see it too! He also skipped over the whole Melani got arrested stunt while mentioning only how Brandon took the kids to his parents house "unlawfully" etc...as well as no rebuttal to Brandon stating he found out about her pregnancy through LE. Is it me, or is it pretty easy to read between the lines on how Melani's lawyers operate? JMO

It does indeed seem like Melani's attorney confirmed that it's IP summary of his statements to LE that IP wrote up for his attorney "Law enforcement should be investigating Brandon Boudreaux and Ian's ex-wife Natalie for illegally obtaining Ian's confidential summary"
Why on earth would IP give his computer to Natalie in the first place and especially if this was on it

That is how I see it too! He also skipped over the whole Melani got arrested stunt while mentioning only how Brandon took the kids to his parents house "unlawfully" etc...as well as no rebuttal to Brandon stating he found out about her pregnancy through LE. Is it me, or is it pretty easy to read between the lines on how Melani's lawyers operate? JMO

Seems like a whole lot of deflection and not much substance to their defense. What her attorneys just confirmed for us is more interesting than the accusations flung in Brandon's direction for the child custody case. In order to defend against the claim Melani was in a cult lead by Lori and Chad, Melani's attorneys pretty much just went ahead and confirmed the cult's existence. And he revealed Melani understands the cult beliefs and doesn't judge them for holding those extreme beliefs even though she doesn't believe them herself...Yeah, right. That claim seems pretty damning of Melani actually. Who on earth can understand attempting to murder someone because they have become a zombie? She didn't judge them and didn't go to the police when she knew BB had been shot at because she just thought those were different but acceptable religious beliefs to hold? Is her lawyer really going with that argument? And that document IP wrote also reveals that Melani "understood" the possibility that Alex might have murdered Tylee and JJ because the kids had become zombies according to Lori. That's what she "understood" could have happened if IP's document is true. Of course Melani is just a good LDS member who doesn't judge these kind of beliefs and never questioned where JJ and Tylee actually were... Sure. Right. If that's true, then I've got beach front property to sell her in Arizona-- it's right on the ocean. :rolleyes:o_O:confused::eek:

MOO.

Last edited:
THE RING: This is Charles Vallow’s Amazon account. The order for a Malachite ring dated 10/2/19 to the home Lori Vallow lived at in Rexburg. But Charles was shot & killed 7/11/19 by her brother. This ring appears in pics of Lori and Chad Daybell’s Kauai wedding on 11/5/19.

8:37 PM · Mar 25, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

·
4m

Replying to
@jlumfox10
Remember at this time, Chad Daybell’s first wife Tammy is still alive. She died on 10/19/19 in her sleep. Autopsy still pending.

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

·
1m

I’ll be doing a brief Facebook live to recap the timeline and talk about this latest find. 9:15 PST.

But did she have access to his Amazon account or just emails? I only recall emails from Amazon.

I'm pretty sure Kay said on Dateline that Charles (a) only used a handful of passwords; (b), she applied the suspected password(s) to his Amazon account resulting in her being able to look at the account history...?

THIS IS A HUGE BREAK!!

THE RING: This is Charles Vallow’s Amazon account. The order for a Malachite ring dated 10/2/19 to the home Lori Vallow lived at in Rexburg. But Charles was shot & killed 7/11/19 by her brother. This ring appears in pics of Lori and Chad Daybell’s Kauai wedding on 11/5/19.

8:37 PM · Mar 25, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

·
4m

Replying to
@jlumfox10
Remember at this time, Chad Daybell’s first wife Tammy is still alive. She died on 10/19/19 in her sleep. Autopsy still pending.

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

·
1m

I’ll be doing a brief Facebook live to recap the timeline and talk about this latest find. 9:15 PST.

That's probably a good question for @AZlawyer or @Mormon Attorney to answer.

My opinion as a non-attorney/non-expert in Idaho law: The state doesn't have to prove the location of the children because the state has ample evidence that Lori's children are missing. The bulk of the evidence against Lori is how she has acted towards her children during the time they have been missing. First of all, she never reported them missing. Then she lied multiple times about where her children were and not once did Lori ask anyone for help finding her missing children. This is especially concerning since at one point she lied and said Tylee ran away and took JJ with her and another time she said Tylee was dead. The state should be able to demonstrate that Lori lied several times since they have charged her with obstruction. Her lying and obstructing the investigation has prevented the children from being found so that their welfare could be assessed. That's a major part of the case.
MOO.

It's worth mentioning that in a criminal case, the state will present an array of circumstantial evidence and invite the jury to draw natural and obvious inferences from that evidence.

As such, the state does not have to prove where the children are, just as you say, in order to demonstrate guilt.

There is more than enough evidence to support conclusions that she has abandoned these kids.

Furthermore any sentient human is likely to take note when the defence fails to advance facts that are clearly within the knowledge of the accused - i.e the location of the kids.

So while no adverse conclusion may be drawn from the accused deciding not to take the stand, failure to supply such basic exculpatory evidence by other means invites the very inferences the State advances

Seems like a whole lot of deflection and not much substance to their defense. What her attorneys just confirmed for us is more interesting than the accusations flung in Brandon's direction for the child custody case. In order to defend against the claim Melani was in a cult lead by Lori and Chad, Melani's attorneys pretty much just went ahead and confirmed the cult's existence. And he revealed Melani understands the cult beliefs and doesn't judge them for holding those extreme beliefs even though she doesn't believe them herself...Yeah, right. That claim seems pretty damning of Melani actually. Who on earth can understand attempting to murder someone because they have become a zombie? She didn't judge them and didn't go to the police when she knew BB had been shot at because she just thought those were different but acceptable religious beliefs to hold? Is her lawyer really going with that argument? And that document IP wrote also reveals that Melani "understood" the possibility that Alex might have murdered Tylee and JJ because the kids had become zombies according to Lori. That's what she "understood" could have happened if IP's document is true. Of course Melani is just a good LDS member who doesn't judge these kind of beliefs and never questioned where JJ and Tylee actually were... Sure. Right. If that's true, then I've got beach front property to sell her in Arizona-- it's right on the ocean. :rolleyes:o_O:confused::eek:

MOO.

Yeah, having just re-read the article it's fresh in my mind...

Zombies, shootings, dark beings: What new court documents suggest about Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

In the filing, Ian allegedly writes that he and Melani began discussing JJ and Tylee. At this point, only JJ was considered missing and Ian writes that “Melani had been told by Chad and Lori that their children had been possessed and had become zombies.”

“She shared concerns that she’s been told Brandon needed to die and that may indicate that Tylee and JJ needed to die as well,” Ian allegedly wrote. “She told me she was worried that Al may have had to ‘take care’ of the kids. She explained that Al had great faith and never wavered in his trust in the Lord. No task would be too difficult or too great for him.”

I also currently can't find its original link, but some may recall that Justin Lum also said he'd seen police reports/documents, stating that when Melani stalked the kids to Brandon's parents' home, Alex drove her there.

If for honest reasons, why would she need Alex? The woman's trained military, are we supposed to believe she can't drive herself in her own car?

Hi! I am new here. I am addicted to this case. My question is, does anybody know the location of MBP at the time of AxC untimely death? Also I find this whole ring thing quite interesting. Malachite is know as a protection stone. It is a beautiful green. It is also poisonous. I find that very ironic.

Last edited:
Yeah, having just re-read the article it's fresh in my mind...

Zombies, shootings, dark beings: What new court documents suggest about Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

In the filing, Ian allegedly writes that he and Melani began discussing JJ and Tylee. At this point, only JJ was considered missing and Ian writes that “Melani had been told by Chad and Lori that their children had been possessed and had become zombies.”

“She shared concerns that she’s been told Brandon needed to die and that may indicate that Tylee and JJ needed to die as well,” Ian allegedly wrote. “She told me she was worried that Al may have had to ‘take care’ of the kids. She explained that Al had great faith and never wavered in his trust in the Lord. No task would be too difficult or too great for him.”

I also currently can't find its original link, but some may recall that Justin Lum also said he'd seen police reports/documents, stating that when Melani stalked the kids to Brandon's parents' home, Alex drove her there.

If for honest reasons, why would she need Alex? The woman's trained military, are we supposed to believe she can't drive herself in her own car?

Exactly. Alex was driving Melani around looking for her and BB's children before she moved to ID, then he was with her again when she went to Brandon's parents house in Utah and Alex bailed her out of jail in Utah too. If Melani believed Alex may have harmed JJ and Tylee and if she had also been told that 2 of her own children were already dead/possessed by zombies (meaning those 2 children needed to die to be freed from the zombie/go towards the light according to Alex/Lori/Chad's beliefs), WHY would she be OK with her uncle Alex accompanying her to try to go get her own children? Any sane person who understood that their uncle condones murdering children if they believe the children have "gone dark" or become "zombies" would try to keep their uncle far away from their own children. If she didn't believe those extreme religious beliefs, then why was she OK with Alex being around? Why would she move into an apt complex where her aunt Lori and uncle Alex lived? Her own lawyer has supplied us with the answers. She didn't "judge" Lori/Chad/Alex even though she thought they had possibly murdered children and tried to murder BB. That lack of judgement on her part should lead to her never getting to see her own children again unsupervised. Bravo to Melani's attorneys-- they just lost their client's child custody case for her. MOO.

ETA: Here's Justin's post that includes info about Alex driving Melani around in Utah: Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong