Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno why my whole post didn't post but so glad you're ok.

I was told earlier today that I was being a "B" for being so careful. I'm only trying to keep my high risk husband safe.

I'm beyond upset.

Whoever is telling you that needs to respect you and worry about themselves. You should look them straight in the eye and tell them, “I’m sorry but you don’t get to make decisions about my family’s safety.”

With much respect, posting an opinion piece about politics to point out that politicalization is abhorrent is a furtherance of what you describe as “unproductive” politicalization right here. MOO.

Exactly! This is my point. Anyone with a little research ability can find anything online to promote a pet political agenda.

peace :)

Sarcasm on.....Nah, what the heck good would a lockdown do? I mean, why would you want to prevent travel from the most infected spots to those regions that are less affected?......Sarcasm off.

Sorry, I just get tired of the politicization, be it what it is. All political leaders, world wide, are in uncharted waters. None have faced this type of thing before.

peace :)
I'm fed up with it myself.

I thought politics wasn't allowed on these threads.

I don't pretend to understand all this, but what would be the point of quarantining NY, NJ, and Conn? It is already in every state. How would it get enforced? Would it mean trucks (food)? Many of these people, even under quarantine, still go to work under exemptions. It's all very confusing. You have homeless too, prisoners let out of prison. It is all one big mess. I don't blame any one. It is just a nasty situation.

I have a daughter in central Florida and my FIL in south Gulf coast and another daughter in Brooklyn.

I am more worried about my family in Florida then my Brooklyn daughter.

I don't pretend to understand all this, but what would be the point of quarantining NY, NJ, and Conn? It is already in every state. How would it get enforced? Would it mean trucks (food)? Many of these people, even under quarantine, still go to work under exemptions. It's all very confusing. You have homeless too, prisoners let out of prison. It is all one big mess. I don't blame any one. It is just a nasty situation.
What quarantine? All I heard was a "Travel Advisory" with details to follow.

I agree with you that Florida has been overexposed, especially with all the students on spring break, on the beaches and in the bars. It makes my head spin (almost in a complete 360) that the governor there is "forbidding" travelers from NY, NJ, etc now. He did not seem all that concerned about the vacationers there a week or so ago, nor about them leaving the state and carrying the virus with them back to their respective homes. JMO
do not give this governor a break.

Pennsylvania has several counties with no cases as of yet, and this table shows the data of those that do have cases.....This is the way things are in a great majority of the Nation. Preventing a high infected area from travel throughout the nation could very well be extremely beneficial.

Cases

County Case Counts to Date
County Number of Cases Deaths
Adams 8
Allegheny 219 2
Armstrong 2
Beaver 22
Berks 65
Blair 2
Bradford 3
Bucks 152
Butler 41 2
Cambria 1
Cameron 1
Carbon 3
Centre 15
Chester 116
Clarion 1
Clearfield 2
Columbia 4
Crawford 2
Cumberland 22 1
Dauphin 23
Delaware 226 4
Erie 7
Fayette 10
Franklin 7
Greene 6
Huntingdon 1
Indiana 2
Juniata 1
Lackawanna 51 2
Lancaster 45 1
Lawrence 8
Lebanon 15
Lehigh 109 3
Luzerne 65 2
Lycoming 2
Mckean 1
Mercer 6
Monroe 106 2
Montgomery 411 5
Montour 5
Northampton 94 4
Northumberland 1
Perry 1
Philadelphia 709 5
Pike 27 1
Potter 2
Schuylkill 16
Snyder 1
Somerset 2
Susquehanna 1
Tioga 1
Warren 1
Washington 23
Wayne 6
Westmoreland 41
York 37
I agree with your theory. But....we have not done enough testing to know who has it and who doesnt. Judt because there are not any cases presenting doesnt mean its not there. Considering the prevalence of the counties that you listed, I will make a broad prediction that there is community transmission in PA. So you can lock down some and pore all kinds of resources in that action and then find it was all wasted.
Frankly, my opinion, these actions should have happened over a month ago. The virus has seeded and re-seeded throughout the country with multiple transmission. It's too late for containment other than a full lockdown.. We are in mitigation, which focuses on losing the fewest number of people to death. It's going to be a terrible April.

DR. DENA GRAYSON SAYS THIS:
"Due to a lack of #COVID19 testing, this deadly #coronavirus has been spreading UNDETECTED in the U.S. for months.
With outbreaks in MULTIPLE cities, the *only* way to contain this deadly virus is a NATIONWIDE #LockdownNow.
INACTION = more people DIE."
Dr. Dena Grayson on Twitter

Last edited:
I got video from a traffic cam! Of the tornado.
I'll get the link and post in the correct thread.
View attachment 240752
SPRING BREAKERS CELL PHONES TRACKED AS THEY LEFT FLORIDA!!!! OMG These areas are where Coronavirus was spread.
Video at link:
Cellphone 'heat map' shows coronavirus' potential spread as spring break revelers went home

Here is another story related to Spring Break. Check out this girl

"Questions for Ava about her behavior on spring break, which ignored the physical distancing precautions the government has put in place to help stop the spread of the coronavirus
"Twenty-one-year-old Ava proudly admits that she went to Miami for spring break, “made out with a bunch of people,” hung out with others on the beach She says she doesn’t have coronavirus, so what’s the problem?"

"YOUNG PEOPLE ARE GETTING THIS!"

"Do you even know how to spell the science?" (short videos)

Last edited:
This is just so scary...this is no plan for the United States of America.. this is just another knee-jerk response to appease MY governor of Florida....... come on folks, we are one country....there may be slightly different elements but there must be ONE overall plan.........This is just so awful. It illegal too! I know, i know..........no debates but we are such a strong viable country ..........can we just have a strategic overall plan in place. Well developed plans always involve contingency emergency changes. We desperately need STRONG Command and Control Logistics. Where are they???? I am so scared for our future........ so scared.
Ressponse to what?
What is 'it' and why is it 'illegal'? Please explain.
Thanks nh.

BBM

What quarantine? All I heard was a "Travel Advisory" with details to follow.
I was just referring to the original idea before it was Travel Advisory. They throw terms around, and half the time, I don't even know what they mean. Our governor clarified and revised his orders. You have a lot of people who work between these states, and it can get real confusing if you start shutting down borders.

No it was all hot air today, what a waste. I dare them to shut our borders down!

I think the President is resistant to a Federal declaration of Martial law. I doubt it will come to this, but it IS possible.

"At least 20 state governors have now called up their National Guard to assist with delivery of food and medical supplies, clean public facilities, and adapt some of those facilities to house patients if hospitals become overwhelmed. Guard personnel could also help enforce quarantines ordered by state governors, and even arrest violators."

Martial Law Would Sweep the Country Into a Great Legal Unknown

There is no Tri-State quarantine.

"On the recommendation of the White House CoronaVirus Task Force, and upon consultation with the Governor’s of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, I have asked the @CDCgov to issue a strong Travel Advisory, to be administered by the Governors, in consultation with the Federal Government. A quarantine will not be necessary. Full details will be released by CDC tonight. Thank you!" he wrote.

Trump mulls imposing coronavirus quarantine on New York, New Jersey Connecticut

Whoever is telling you that needs to respect you and worry about themselves. You should look them straight in the eye and tell them, “I’m sorry but you don’t get to make decisions about my family’s safety.”

It's my husband.

I've preached and told and given stats. etc etc . I'm too tired to go on. You guys get it.

I've never been called that word by him.

He's a good person.

Times are strange.

I think it will be better. We both had a hard day today.

For those of us who love Dr. Fauci, I just came across a YouTube interview that was done 28 days ago. It's about his family history from g'parents, his upbringing, how/why he got into medicine... and his career and personal life. (I wanna know how he looks so good and has such mental facilities at age 79... his skin on his face has no wrinkles!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member