Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT??! I LOVE this.
Rhode Island Governor Announces National Guard Will Go 'Door-to-Door' to Identify New Yorkers to Slow COVID-19 Spread

Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo announced during a press conference on Friday that the state would take drastic steps to “pin-point” individuals who had recently traveled to New York in an attempt to stem the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

“Right now we have a pin-pointed risk that we need to address and we need to be very serious. And that risk is called New York City,” she said. Over the past week, New York has become the epicenter of the coronavirus crisis in the United States. As of Saturday afternoon Eastern Time, New York had at least 52,318 confirmed cases of COVID-19, according to a tracker by Johns Hopkin’s University; that’s nearly half of the at least 115,547 cases in the entire United States. In comparison, Rhode Island currently has at least 203 confirmed cases, per the tracker.

Here is another story related to Spring Break. Check out this girl

"Questions for Ava about her behavior on spring break, which ignored the physical distancing precautions the government has put in place to help stop the spread of the coronavirus
"Twenty-one-year-old Ava proudly admits that she went to Miami for spring break, “made out with a bunch of people,” hung out with others on the beach She says she doesn’t have coronavirus, so what’s the problem?"

YOUNG PEOPLE ARE GETTING THIS!"

4 minutes Listen to what she says

Her voice grated on my nerves.
The Illuminati? Really?

Here is another story related to Spring Break. Check out this girl

"Questions for Ava about her behavior on spring break, which ignored the physical distancing precautions the government has put in place to help stop the spread of the coronavirus
"Twenty-one-year-old Ava proudly admits that she went to Miami for spring break, “made out with a bunch of people,” hung out with others on the beach She says she doesn’t have coronavirus, so what’s the problem?"

YOUNG PEOPLE ARE GETTING THIS!"

4 minutes Listen to what she says

I just can’t even listen to idiots like this.

“The Chinese CDC said that people need not wear face masks when they are at home, in the open air, or in an environment where there is good airflow and no crowds. However, they should still wear them in the office, meeting rooms, lifts and on public transport.”
Sui-Lee Wee 黄瑞黎 on Twitter

"Leave the surgical n95s for the doctors. But there is compelling evidence that everyone, particularly frontline workers at grocery stores and pharmacies, should be covering their face. Time to get sewing."
Emily Rauhala on Twitter

I seemingly survived my outings with little to no issues and shouldn’t have to go back “out” for at least 2 more weeks if I want fresh food again.
Farrier was interesting but kept our spaces and there was no coughing or sneezing and I mainly talk to his *advertiser censored* as he’s bent over trimming hooves.

grocery store one had a line outside around the front of the building, limiting access and sanitizing carts before you went into store. Did a slow drive by. People were in line with carts prior to sanitization so I’m not quite sure how they thought that was working. Armed guard at entrance. This is the big store, swung by after picking up our amazing takeout from my favorite small restaurant. Opted to wait and go to small store with understanding they may not have much.

Small store was its usual Sat afternoon quiet. They even had individual wrapped toilet paper rolls for sale. You could only buy 2 but at least it’s something. I didn’t need any. Meat selection was fine, none of the kielbasa I buy for sauerkraut soup and the frozen veggies were pretty much gone but they seemed to have everything else. I bought enough for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next two weeks supplemented with the pantry. Brought some chlorox wipes with me in zip lock bag so I was able to wipe down cart and hold it when I opened doors and such. Wiped down cc machine before I used it and wiped down my card.
Only troubling thing was a small child with her finger so far up her nose I couldn’t see it, hanging out in the produce section. Her dad was oblivious and on the phone. I didn’t see her touch anything but gross. No coughing or sneezing that I noticed anywhere. Baggers wore gloves. DH waited in car.

have to get gas tomorrow and will follow my one glove protocol before heading into work quick. Swinging by a friend to drop off duck eggs, will leave them on his porch. My girls are laying like crazy and no one wants to buy them so I give them to a friend who gives them away to church members. I easily have 36 dozen eggs to give away. Even giving away some goose eggs. Going to keep a few but I cant eat all that we have.

I was just referring to the original idea before it was Travel Advisory. They throw terms around, and half the time, I don't even know what they mean. Our governor clarified and revised his orders. You have a lot of people who work between these states, and it can get real confusing if you start shutting down borders.
I think that people need to calm down and understand that some ideas will come from our leaders that might not actually take place.

Like Governor Cuomo talking about banning the sale of cigarettes. It will probably never happen. Maybe some kind of help for people who wish to voluntarily quit will happen instead.

In this emergency I think it's great when people think outside the box and explore new ideas. That doesn't mean that all of those ideas are going to be implemented tomorrow. JMO

(Reuters) - Vice President Mike Pence, heading the Trump administration’s response to the coronavirus outbreak, said on Saturday that he would deliver a recommendation to the president on whether to re-open the U.S. economy in the coming week.

Pence told the Fox News Channel that the taskforce he heads would base its decision on data and scientific advice.

“Ultimately the president will make a decision that he believes in the best interest of the American people,” he said.

Pence says virus taskforce soon to deliver recommendation on whether to re-open economy

My parents are older and just adopted in January, a small mutt type dog "Duke", only 10 months old. They love him very much and he seems to have adjusted well. He keeps them busy as I heard they had to put the tp up high!

'cause if they don't................ their goes your "P" supply

89509113_2832933063492915_371480135271972864_o.jpg

source:facebook friend

NYC

(Reuters) - The coronavirus outbreak sweeping through New York City has pushed its ambulance service close to the breaking point, with hundreds of personnel out ill and emergency calls skyrocketing, supervisors and rank-and-file emergency medical technicians said on Friday.

Some 20% of the 4,500 ambulance workers - EMTs, paramedics and supervisors - are out sick, said Dr. Lewis Marshall, board chairman of the New York City Regional Emergency Medical Services Council in an interview with Reuters.

Most of them are out of action because they either have the virus or have been exposed to it, he added.

Coronavirus outbreak is stretching New York's ambulance service to breaking point

Do you really believe that the infection rate in other states is directly related to NYC?

Uh, post up here where I said that.

Now that we've cleared that up, either shelter in place helps, or it doesn't. So, if THE most infected areas of the United States can travel freely as they see fit, then everybody else can too.

So, lets open her up for business!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members