Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada sent tons of supplies to China too. China desperately needed help when we weren't in need, so I don't begrudge the donation.

In turn, with their own needs under control, China sent tons of supplies plus medical teams to Italy this week.

Hoarding supplies, or resorting to bidding wars to acquire needed equipmemt seem morally wrong to me, but helping when it's possible to do so makes the world a better place. I wouldn't be surprised that China has already returned the favour to Canada and the US.
Well, they did send the World the Virus by strange dietary habits.......................................moo

Anybody else here experiencing wacked out daily routines?
I'm not waking up until 10ish. I'm not eating breakfast until noon. Lunch at 4ish.
Awake until 1 or 2 am.
I'm trying to just let my body dictate. But, I feel like a hibernating bear.
This is SO not my normal day.
Anyone else?
I've been retired for a few years, and live alone...honestly I believe that my natural cycle, the one my body wants, is to sleep from 4am to 9 am. I don't like that, but there it is.

I'm not waking up until 10ish. I'm not eating breakfast until noon. Lunch at 4ish.
Awake until 1 or 2 am.
Anyone else?
Yes, though I try to be more on schedule during the week. Maybe this is okay. Maybe we all emerge a little better rested.

I think the President is resistant to a Federal declaration of Martial law. I doubt it will come to this, but it IS possible.

"At least 20 state governors have now called up their National Guard to assist with delivery of food and medical supplies, clean public facilities, and adapt some of those facilities to house patients if hospitals become overwhelmed. Guard personnel could also help enforce quarantines ordered by state governors, and even arrest violators."

Martial Law Would Sweep the Country Into a Great Legal Unknown
I think Trump backed off because Rhode Island has implemented the National Guard at train stations and stopping cars taking down their identification and where they will be. It wouldn't surprise me if Illinois and Indiana do the same thing as Rhode Island.

JMO

COVID TRACKING PROJECT

REPORTS CALIFORNIA HAS 64,400 PENDING TESTS....UP FROM 57,400 YESTERDAY.
25,192 tests have been completed.

The COVID Tracking Project on Twitter

The COVID Tracking Project

Haven't read further but did they get some of the new tests at 50k/day to jump to that number? Or are they old tests that take longer? This is so darn hard to analyse. Prepare for is easier. That's a jump imo I'm holding on to the 50k per day rapid tests.

FLORIDA

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Florida is doubling every three days, putting the state on a trajectory to see tens of thousands of infections in the coming weeks, a Tampa Bay Times analysis shows.

But at this point, experts say the math is simple. The number of cases is already past the point of easy containment and infections are growing faster and faster, at what statisticians call an exponential rate.

“We do understand the math and the models well enough to say with great confidence that Florida is going to have a huge public health crisis,” Hladish said. “And we are just at the beginning of it right now.”

By 11 a.m. Saturday, Florida had reported more than 3,700 cases — an increase of nearly 1,000 in 24 hours.

Florida remains one of the few states with a large outbreak not to issue a statewide order to keep residents at home. Several counties across the state, including Hillsborough and Pinellas, issued “safer at home” orders in the last week.

Some public health experts say it will take the more extreme step of shutting down the state to halt the disease’s rapid spread in Florida. Nine hundred Florida healthcare workers had signed a petition by Friday asking for the same thing.

Florida coronavirus cases are growing fast. Here’s what that means.

Because ultimately, we are all going to need China.

So true. They know it too. For pharma, for medical equipment and supplies (does anyone really think GM is going to switch over to just making ventilators - if they ever make any?)

For tubing, for dials, for all kinds of metrical equipment but also masks, gloves, sutures, oxymeters, blood pressure monitors, ventilators, monitors in general, etc.

Oh - and phones, computers, routers, servers etc.

I think Trump backed off because Rhode Island has implemented the National Guard at train stations and stopping cars taking down their identification and where they will be. It wouldn't surprise me if Illinois and Indiana do the same thing as Rhode Island.

JMO
Ha! I can’t see IL or IN doing that.

ETA IN, not IA

COVID TRACKING PROJECT

REPORTS CALIFORNIA HAS 64,400 PENDING TESTS....UP FROM 57,400 YESTERDAY.
25,192 tests have been completed.

The COVID Tracking Project on Twitter

The COVID Tracking Project

Just keep in mind that using those tests will make it look like lots of "new" cases. We're getting to the point where people like me might be able to be tested (I am old enough, have a cough, have had a cough for a while, have underlying conditions, no fever, and frankly, I don't think I have it - but I probably could be tested and add to the database).

I will only go for testing when it's clear that people needing hospitalization can get the tests.

Awake until 1 or 2 am.
Anyone else?
You are not alone. For years I've started my day by 6 a.m. Now, I will get up at 6 a.m.to feed the cats, then go back to bed, turn the clock face down. Can't wake up till 10 a.m. Jammies until 2 p.m. then brunch. Reading in bed till 1 a.m. Feel like such a sloth, hoping the neighbors won't find out. LOL

Last edited:
Canada sent tons of supplies to China too. China desperately needed help when we weren't in need, so I don't begrudge the donation.

In turn, with their own needs under control, China sent tons of supplies plus medical teams to Italy this week.

Hoarding supplies, or resorting to bidding wars to acquire needed equipmemt seem morally wrong to me, but helping when it's possible to do so makes the world a better place. I wouldn't be surprised that China has already returned the favour to Canada and the US.

And lookie here, news just in:

China donates medical supplies to Canada amid coronavirus pandemic, Embassy says

China donates medical supplies to Canada amid coronavirus pandemic, Embassy says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600