The British Royal Family #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Works out about 50 pence per UK taxpayer per year. Really not worth getting outraged about in the grand scheme of things!

He didnt ask to be born into the RF, if we have to fund him and his family to keep them safe for the rest of their lives so be it.

To be dramatic the day he was made to walk behind his mums coffin was the day he stopped owing his family or the british public anything.

He didnt ask to be born into the RF, if we have to fund him and his family to keep them safe for the rest of their lives so be it.

To be dramatic the day he was made to walk behind his mums coffin was the day he stopped owing his family or the british public anything.
And he had to do that in front of millions of viewers :(

View attachment 240814 View attachment 240815

Prince William and Kate Middleton share a glimpse inside their home office as they isolate at Anmer Hall in Norfolk - and Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis 'love the freedom of the spacious gardens'

The Cambridges are isolating at Amner Hall and George Charlotte and Louis are loving the freedom | Daily Mail Online

I hope the Cambridge’s all stay safe and well.
Beautiful House, I would be quite happy isolating there for the duration :)

View attachment 240814 View attachment 240815

Prince William and Kate Middleton share a glimpse inside their home office as they isolate at Anmer Hall in Norfolk - and Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis 'love the freedom of the spacious gardens'

The Cambridges are isolating at Amner Hall and George Charlotte and Louis are loving the freedom | Daily Mail Online

I hope the Cambridge’s all stay safe and well.

What a beautiful country home.
I would be very happy there.

This worry adds to a lot of worries. Dont want my tax payer dollars going to someone who wants to reap benefits they dont deserve . Homeless, low income families, our vets and healthcare issues are more important than protecting a person who can pay for it themselves.

So true. We have much more important things to spend our money on than those two.

How to use online virtual reality experience to see places such as Buckingham Palace and Palace of Holyroodhouse from the comfort of your home

Why not explore somewhere new? Royal fans, in particular, are given the opportunity to catch an intimate glimpse inside the Queen's residence Buckingham Palace. Although the iconic royal palace is typically preserved for guests and paying visitors, anyone can get a peek inside the landmark from the comfort of their own home with Google's virtual tour.

Buckingham Palace
The online virtual reality experience takes viewers into some of the palace's lavishly decorated rooms including the state rooms, which provide the setting for ceremonial occasions, and the ballroom, where investiture ceremonies are carried out by the Queen and other senior royals. Starting at the Grand Staircase, the tour gives an insight into the history of the palace, as well as offering a 360⁰ view of the landmark's ornate décor and incredible artwork. The tour continues through the Throne Room, the Picture Gallery and the Ballroom, before concluding in The White Drawing Room – where a secret door leads to the Queen's private apartments.

I might pop round after dinner.

Not our country's responsibility. UK needs to handle it. We didnt pay for a princess from Sweden when she lived in NY. Your right, its not his fault he was born in the RF but we are not a commonwealth country and we are not responsible for him or his wife. He chose to walk away <modsnip: nasty>... JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate Middleton and Prince William pictured dancing on night out in unearthed snaps
Kate Middleton and Prince William pictured dancing on night out in unearthed snaps

2AEE5B34-D329-403C-962B-DDDFF6FEE8E1.jpeg A4080DBC-1316-4F89-8C6A-720FAFACA664.jpeg

I love these photos. Kate and William had fun on the dance floor back in the day! —These two have a lot of natural star power. It’s not staged, or flashy, or competitive. It’s just real.

They really have such a beautiful family, too.

Kate and William are promoting MH awareness right now.

And, I read that Sarah, Bea, and Eugenie dropped off food gifts to the NHS.

Imo, keeping it local is going to matter more than ever. Because the world is not going to just bounce back into this global enterprise... It’s going to take a while.

Not our country's responsibility. UK needs to handle it. We didnt pay for a princess from Sweden when she lived in NY. Your right, its not his fault he was born in the RF but we are not a commonwealth country and we are not responsible for him or his wife. He chose to walk away and he has issues, greedy ones... JMO

Yes, we don’t pay for royal security in the USA. Didn’t Eugenie live and work in NY? We didn’t pay for her security.

I see entitlement moreso than greed. He’s rich. She did well for herself.

I think H&M had a lot of preconceived notions that they kept fairly hidden. I can’t fathom how they didn’t think a lot of things through. Their last hurrah as royals felt very over the top. All glitz. And, it’s because they struggle with substance.

Don’t know how strong the connections are in LA but they are going to struggle with relevance.
Jmo

Last edited:

That decision was not made by the British public. It was a joint family decision. Charles Spencer, Diana's brother argued against it, Prince Philip argued for and eventually they all decided to do it. I have read interviews where William and Harry initially did not want to do it, and found it incredibly difficult of course, but afterwards were glad they did when they saw how many people had turned out to pay their respects. This was not something that was shoved down their throats, particularly not by the British people, who for the most part were shocked that the boys would be asked to do that.

Sarah Ferguson posts inspiring message to Instagram, telling people to 'Hold with golden hearted strength and keep focussed on small steps to victory'

Sarah Ferguson shares inspiring message for getting through coronavirus crisis
Prince Andrew's ex-wife shared some heartfelt words on Instagram

The Duchess of York uploaded two photographs, one showing a beautiful white horse, the other a stunning snow-capped mountain. The mother-of-two captioned the images: "Hold with golden hearted strength and keep focussed on small steps to victory. To reach the summit, it takes mini steps, through many valleys, perseverance and patience and you will get there. The light would not be so bright without the shadow…"

Her fans rushed to share their appreciation for her heartfelt post. One commented: "Wise words of hope. Thank you as always for sharing your precious reflections and for the beautiful images. We’ll enjoy these things again, things will get better... in the meanwhile let’s all be grateful for what we have!" Others added: "Beautiful pictures and beautiful words, thank you," and: "Gosh that horse is magical, thank you for the uplifting words."

Not our country's responsibility. UK needs to handle it. We didnt pay for a princess from Sweden when she lived in NY. Your right, its not his fault he was born in the RF but we are not a commonwealth country and we are not responsible for him or his wife. He chose to walk away <modsnip: nasty>... JMO
UK taxpayers pretty adamant they don't want to pay it either. Quit the job and lose the perks.

Last edited by a moderator:
BREAKING NEWS: The US will NOT pay for Harry and Meghan's security in Los Angeles, says Donald Trump and insists 'they must pay!'

In a tweet on Sunday, Trump said: 'I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!'

The US will NOT pay for Harry and Meghan's security in Los Angeles, says Donald Trump | Daily Mail Online

11 royal family pets that lead lives of luxury

The pets of monarchs live way more lavish lives than any regular pet (or even regular person) does.

From personal butlers to private chefs, gourmet cuisine, official painted portraits, private air travel, and ruby-encrusted sculptures made in their likeness, royal pets are living the life of luxury.

Some cute 'n' floofy stuff to take our minds off the all the horrible things going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member