Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh jeez @cody22 the video from Mr. Willard to Tucker and his classmates was so inspiring. It made my heart grow one size larger! What a beautiful message to the students, and what an amazing role model they have in Mr. Willard.

Thank you for sharing with us. Say hi to Mrs. 22 and Tucker for us!

So every time I open the fridge and freezer and touch something, even after wiping it down, it’s still grossing me out and I wash my hands in case there’s any surface exposure left. One report said wrt to cleaning grocery items to imagine it like cleaning glitter off a surface.

I’m just going to start transferring the food to my own containers Moo.

I will let the shelf stable items sit at the entrance for a few days. Then wipe them down. Then transfer them without cross contamination.

—-

I stayed up all night the other night transferring small servings of dry dog food to ziploc bags to freeze bc I bought a 60 lb bag that will take time to consume.

Well after I did that for HOURS, scoop by scoop, I realized it filled up my freezer.

Now I’m considering buying a mini freezer.

Not sure if you guys saw earlier but I was trying to disinfect my frozen vegetable bags by dipping them in a bleach water bath and thought it was brilliant til the bags filled up with bleach water. I didn’t know some bags had tiny holes in them.

@Trudie, yes imo appetite loss is related not only due to emotionally dread and stress, etc., but also not wanting to consume supplies, and frankly even handle them sometimes.

I was able to get a piece of brown meat delivered. Woohoo. :) Seriously, I’m grateful.

While this throws our lives up in the air, some elements are simplified in the sense there is a lot of prioritizing going on, financial, with supplies, etc.
Dry dog food needs to be stored in the freezer? Is it kibble?

Next jogger or hiker that spits on the sidewalk in front of my residence is going to get such a blasting I can’t even tell you. This idiot does it every morning and he’s about to get a reeming like world has never seen! I’m thinking about putting a sign up out there.

Next jogger or hiker that spits on the sidewalk in front of my residence is going to get such a blasting I can’t even tell you. This idiot does it every morning and he’s about to get a reeming like world has never seen! I’m thinking about putting a sign up out there.
Whenever I feel like I'm being a nazi about about doing whatever is needed to keep my husband and I well, I come read this thread and people like you make me feel so much better.

We were out of wine and needed a few things from the store so my husband drove and stayed in the truck and I went in each place. So exhausting. I had to have a nap when we got home.

A relatively empty Golden Gate Bridge.

Bend it like the Bay Area: Doctors see flatter curve after 2 weeks of social isolation

Yes, he will have to reuse them, just like the healthcare workers. But he will take extra precautions putting them on and taking them off. Fortunately, he doesn’t go out every day, and we have a small stash of maybe 6-10 in our various go-bags. Better than nothing. :(

A Stanford study states that 30 minutes in a 158F kitchen oven does not reduce effectiveness of an R95 but does sterilize it. I posted the link upthread somewhere. They tried various methods and found that all chemical/liquid methods destroyed the effectiveness of the mask.

It will be way better than nothing if he does that. Those simple surgical masks have really helped in Asia (some studies say that it reduces chance of transmission by 50%). R95 should do even better.

Same here, and I drink two cups of coffee a day now, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, its become a new habit...the afternoon one...and it doesn't seem to interfere with my sleep at all. I think I'd rather drink the coffee than eat...but I have about one small meal a day, can't seem to eat much more than that.
Call me surprised as before all this I was a cooking fiend, even though I live alone, I cooked all the time and ate all the time...I do make a loaf of bread a week and get fresh stuff delivered, but what a difference now.
Speaking of living alone (got my dog for company) there are so many times I am glad I do not have a partner in my life...and this is one of them. I can do as I please, stay in my jammies all day if I want, only worry about my son who is married and lives across town, but we check in each day...and not worry about arguing, fighting, someone not being clean and hygienic, just a nice sense of calm.
I have been married and divorced more than a few times, always seem to have a boyfriend in the picture, but wow...so glad to have neither right now!
There is always the single men online...Ha ha...I hear they are chatting up dozens and dozens of women and vice versa...not into that right now, but its an option if I start feeling "lonely" ....
I don't think it is possible with these social distancing rules. Maybe by phone?

Canada will need to improve its port infrastructure if it intends to export in large amounts to the rest of the world. Lots to think about. More truckers, more train cars, and possibly, more work on highway infrastructure too.

Canada is bound by water on three sides and the US on the South, exports are normal for Canada. Canadians are unaware of any problems with export/import capabilities nor with transportation options.

It's shocking how many people do this. Disgusting IMO.

I can't even imagine what those Dx'ed with OCD (obsessions > compulsions) must be going through!

One afternoon when I felt I little bit better, I thought I'd leave my apartment to collect the mail, grab a cup of joe and take a quick stroll.

When I pressed the L for lobby on the elevator, I gasped, realizing that this could become maddening quickly.

Earlier, I noticed that many of the delivery workers, stopped using the elevator and began using the stairs.

A week or two later, none of the delivery workers for food or through AMZ, etc would leave food orders or packages at my apartment door (had to meet them in the lobby).

This week, most are calling my cell and asking that I meet them outside, in front of the building. I don't blame them one bit!

It has become more difficult here, though.

NY man hid coronavirus in delivery room, now wife showing symptoms

https://nypost.com/2020/03/31/ny-man-hid-coronavirus-in-delivery-room-getting-wife-sick/

What a reckless and extremely irresponsible thing to do.

#StayHomeSaveLives

That is playing reckless with other people's lives. I have read some places aren't allowing partners in the delivery room at all.

Pregnant women are being forced to give birth alone as hospitals restrict visitors during coronavirus

Yes, he will have to reuse them, just like the healthcare workers. But he will take extra precautions putting them on and taking them off. Fortunately, he doesn’t go out every day, and we have a small stash of maybe 6-10 in our various go-bags. Better than nothing. :(

A Stanford study states that 30 minutes in a 158F kitchen oven does not reduce effectiveness of an R95 but does sterilize it. I posted the link upthread somewhere. They tried various methods and found that all chemical/liquid methods destroyed the effectiveness of the mask.

It will be way better than nothing if he does that. Those simple surgical masks have really helped in Asia (some studies say that it reduces chance of transmission by 50%). R95 should do even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici