TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

KT Can

Reaction score

91UFTX

<modsnip - remove unrelated link>

Unidentified White Female
Located on November 1, 1980 in Walker County, Texas.
Cause of death was homicide.
The victim had been dead for six hours before she was found.

• [*]Estimated age: 14 1/2 - 16 1/2 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'3" (most likely 5'2"); 110 - 120 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair past the shoulders, cut in wing fashion, natural, no evidence of color treatment. Brown or Hazel eyes. A 1 1/2" scar at end of right eyebrow . Her ears were pierced. Her toenails was painted pink. No tattoos.
    [*]Clothing: She was wearing a rectangular-shaped pendant with a smoky blue stone on a gold chain (as seen in the victim's sketch above). She may have been wearing jeans and a yellow shirt. A pair of high-heeled sandals, 3" or 4" inch platforms with light brown straps, had been thrown beside the body.
    [*]Dentals: Available. Her teeth had been well cared for.
    [*]Fingerprints: Available
    [*]DNA: mtDNA available in CODIS
Case History
The victim's body was dumped on side of I-45 north, 2 miles north of Huntsville, TX. The general condition of the body and her overall health and nutrition indicated she had probably come from a middle class home. There were no identification with the body. No semen was found on or in the victim's body.
When the murder became known through media accounts, several people came forward and said they’d seen a teenager matching her description the day before her body was found.
A witness identified the victim as a girl who had been at the South End Gulf station around 6:30 p.m. on Halloween night asking for directions to the Ellis prison unit.
She had been wearing blue jeans, a yellow pullover sweater with big pockets that hung below her waist, and she was carrying high-heeled sandals in her hand. To the best of his recollection, she had been let out of a 1973 or ‘74 blue Chevrolet, possibly a Caprice, with a lighter colored top, which was being driven by a white male. She looked disheveled like she had been traveling, and perhaps sleeping in her clothes.
She left the station, walking north on Sam Houston avenue.
A waitress working at the Hitchin’ Post truck stop on Interstate 45 said the girl came into the restaurant the same evening and again, asked for directions to the Ellis Unit, saying she had a friend there. A map was drawn for her and she departed.
The waitress asked the girl how old she was and the girl responded 19. The witness thought that was an obvious lie and then asked the girl if her parents knew where she was. The young girl replied, "Who cares". The witness then stated she asked her where she was from. The girl replied Aransas Pass/Rockport, TX area. It has not been verified that the girl was the unidentified victim.
Her photograph was shown to every inmate at Ellis Prison Unit, but no one claimed to know the girl.
On January 16, 1981, the unidentified girl was buried in the Adickes Addition at Oakwood Cemetery. Huntsville Funeral Home buried her, and Morris Memorials provided her tombstone.
It is believed that Henry Lee Lucas killed this girl, but investigators could not make a match between the bite mark on her left shoulder and his dental reconstruction.

Case Details:

Walker County Jane Doe was found lying face down and nude by a truck driver on November 1, 1980 near the Sam Houston National Forest in Walker County Texas. This is about a half mile south of the FM 1696 exit near Huntsville.
The victim, an attractive young teenage girl, had been savagely beaten and sexually assaulted before dying by slow strangulation. Her face and body were covered with bruises from the beating and there was a human bite mark on her back near her right shoulder. The autopsy revealed she had been sexually assaulted with a blunt instrument.
When the murder was reported, several people came forward and said they'd seen a teenager matching her description the day before her body was found. One witness, the manager of a gas station which no longer exists, positively identified the victim as a girl who had been at the station around 6:30 p.m. Halloween night asking for directions to the Ellis prison unit. She was wearing blue jeans, a yellow pullover sweater with big pockets that hung below her waist, and carrying high-heeled sandals in her hand. To the best of his recollection, she had been let out of a 1973 or 74 blue Chevrolet, possibly a Caprice, with a lighter colored top, which was being driven by a white male. She looked disheveled like she had been traveling and perhaps sleeping in her clothes. She left the station, walking north on Sam Houston avenue.
A waitress working at the Hitchin Post truck stop out on Interstate 45 said the girl came into the restaurant the same evening and again, asked for directions to the Ellis Unit, saying she had a friend there. A map was drawn for her and she departed. She never reached the Ellis Unit and she was never seen alive again.

Thread #1

Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to this site and a complete amateur. I was messing around with FaceApp and here’s what I got. They are all age progressions either official online or in FaceApp: Rachel, Kathleen from the motel and WCJD... whaddya think?

Attachments

• B9A8CB34-2CF8-488C-8EF8-19E8211657D5.jpeg
    B9A8CB34-2CF8-488C-8EF8-19E8211657D5.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 41
  • D984A8A5-AA05-48F7-A5F1-E4AF75783527.jpeg
    D984A8A5-AA05-48F7-A5F1-E4AF75783527.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 77A7CBFE-62F5-4A8D-BF6C-23EF3A29D2E2.jpeg
    77A7CBFE-62F5-4A8D-BF6C-23EF3A29D2E2.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 46
  • CAFEAFE5-BA62-4BC6-A7D5-E028A2345966.jpeg
    CAFEAFE5-BA62-4BC6-A7D5-E028A2345966.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 0BB6875C-13D8-41CC-8B76-71FDDAB27562.jpeg
    0BB6875C-13D8-41CC-8B76-71FDDAB27562.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 38
Is there some sort of master list of those who have been ruled out?

Is there some sort of master list of those who have been ruled out?
Here's one I've compiled:

Diane Genice Dye
Corinne Anita Hagler
Gina Renee Hall
Cecile Frances Moch
Sophia Felecita Moreno
Emma Lorene Vaughn
Jackie Kay Boyer
Michelle Meredith Mulcahy
Yvette Anne Watson
Ida Faye Basco
Mary Louise Day
Deborah A. McCall
Cindy Irene King
Mary Rachel Trlica
Kristy Lynne Booth
Laureen Ann Rahn
Kimberly Rae Doss
Maria Florence Anjiras
Roxane Easland
Rachael Elizabeth Garden
Angela Mae Meeker
Joyce Creola Brewer
Carla Rebecca Corley
Tina Faye Kemp
Wendy Eaton
Karen Lynn Zendrosky
Marie Ann Blee

Here's one I've compiled:

Diane Genice Dye
Corinne Anita Hagler
Gina Renee Hall
Cecile Frances Moch
Sophia Felecita Moreno
Emma Lorene Vaughn
Jackie Kay Boyer
Michelle Meredith Mulcahy
Yvette Anne Watson
Ida Faye Basco
Mary Louise Day
Deborah A. McCall
Cindy Irene King
Mary Rachel Trlica
Kristy Lynne Booth
Laureen Ann Rahn
Kimberly Rae Doss
Maria Florence Anjiras
Roxane Easland
Rachael Elizabeth Garden
Angela Mae Meeker
Joyce Creola Brewer
Carla Rebecca Corley
Tina Faye Kemp
Wendy Eaton
Karen Lynn Zendrosky
Marie Ann Blee

Thank you!

I see that Andria was mentioned one or two times on WCJD’s threads, but nothing much more than that. Looking at her profiles again today, I notice how very similar she looks to WCJD. Vital stats match fairly well. Given the uncertainty of most details in Andria’s case, is there a chance for a match? Andria shows to have DNA available.

WA - WA - Andria Ann Bailey, 16, Spanaway, 29 Oct 1979

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/5814/details?nav
andria_ann_bailey_1.jpg

I came to the very distressing conclusion a while ago that she was never reported missing. Why, I can't imagine. It makes me doubt she came from a loving family, but rather a child in care and/or an orphan, perhaps. Her general health, however seems to be a little anomalous, particularly the mention of "excellent dental care". Perhaps she cut off contact with her family, but I still think most families would try their utmost to relocate with those they've lost contact with.

This case seems to have hints of the life of Lori Ruff (Lori Erica Ruff - Wikipedia), except it ended in much more tragic way.

Unreported missing - Wikipedia

Surprisingly Marcia King was never reported missing - her case seems incredibly similar to WCJD. Perhaps we can draw some parallels from it.

King had last been seen by her family in 1980. She had never officially been reported as a missing person, although her family had continued to search for her.[2] It is believed King had hitchhiked as the primary means of transportation, as investigators had theorized prior to her identification. She is also known to have had ties with both the Pittsburg and Louisville, Kentucky districts.[53][n 2]

I couldn't find any information on why the family never reported her missing, however. They seemed to be pretty concerned about her disappearance, yet didn't report her missing. It leaves me quite confused.

Unreported missing - Wikipedia

Surprisingly Marcia King was never reported missing - her case seems incredibly similar to WCJD. Perhaps we can draw some parallels from it.

I couldn't find any information on why the family never reported her missing, however. They seemed to be pretty concerned about her disappearance, yet didn't report her missing. It leaves me quite confused.
I’m always curious after identifications are made in older cases exactly what led to them being unsolved for so long. You bring up a perfect example. It may or may not help with researching other similar cases, but when I see things like “She had never officially been reported as a missing person, although her family had continued to search for her”, I always wonder how they searched. Reaching out to friends and relatives, posting flyers, online forums? I figure it would lend a clue as to where to look for missing people who might be WCJD (for example) if we knew alternative places to search, aside from NamUs, CP, DN, etc. Seeing as how searching those sites would never have led to Marcia’s identification. Although no one could have known that at the time. Unfortunately there are so many like Marcia’s and WCJD’s. I wish foresight was 20/20.

I’m always curious after identifications are made in older cases exactly what led to them being unsolved for so long. You bring up a perfect example. It may or may not help with researching other similar cases, but when I see things like “She had never officially been reported as a missing person, although her family had continued to search for her”, I always wonder how they searched. Reaching out to friends and relatives, posting flyers, online forums? I figure it would lend a clue as to where to look for missing people who might be WCJD (for example) if we knew alternative places to search, aside from NamUs, CP, DN, etc. Seeing as how searching those sites would never have led to Marcia’s identification. Although no one could have known that at the time. Unfortunately there are so many like Marcia’s and WCJD’s. I wish foresight was 20/20.

You've hit the nail on the head. I wish there was more information on that. I look at NamUs's (amazing) collection of 12,000 cases and think no way in the world that's even a small fraction of the missing people out there - around 600,000 cases according to NCIC stats (Number of missing person files U.S. 2019 | Statista) as I just found out. I wonder where they store the cases data, and if it is available to the general public.

I expect Facebook is one of the primary places, but also that information is spread throughout the internet and thus would be very hard to collate. I wish there was a single, central place, but unfortunately it is unlikely that there ever will be one. I plan to collect every single missing/unidentified website I can find by searching throughout the web.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=Marcia King

Intriguingly it seems that there were searches of her name made on Google through the years. I'll see if I can find the pages that those searches led to. That would give us a great idea of where people were asking.

Edit:
I looked - nothing, it seems.

Last edited:
It wasn't like today.

In 1980 there wasn't any Google and there really weren't any ways to search for someone you'd lost contact with. Staying in touch from any distance wasn't that easy, either. You had to deal with (relatively expensive) long distance phone calls, finding a phone if you couldn't afford a land line in your house or apartment, calling and finding nobody home (answering machines existed but mostly for businesses), etc. etc. etc. You could write, but that was slow, and if one of you had to move unexpectedly, there often wasn't a way to leave a trail, or you were too busy with moving and with whatever crisis caused the move, you might not remember to send mail to everybody.

It wasn't like today.

In 1980 there wasn't any Google and there really weren't any ways to search for someone you'd lost contact with. Staying in touch from any distance wasn't that easy, either. You had to deal with (relatively expensive) long distance phone calls, finding a phone if you couldn't afford a land line in your house or apartment, calling and finding nobody home (answering machines existed but mostly for businesses), etc. etc. etc. You could write, but that was slow, and if one of you had to move unexpectedly, there often wasn't a way to leave a trail, or you were too busy with moving and with whatever crisis caused the move, you might not remember to send mail to everybody.
This. I remember having to remind people about this in the former thread. It easy to forget how the world was before the world wide web! You also have to have in mind that the people who were in WCJD's short life might have passed on, or are 50-60 at the youngest by now, and their knowledge of SoMe might be non-existing, next to nothing or, at best, subpar. I am not trying to bash the boomer generation here, but there is a reason why elder internet users have become a meme. I am, however, certain that somebody out there thinks about her on a regular basis and wonders whatever happened to her, and perhaps thinking about ways to get back in touch with her, but doesn't know where or even how to begin. JMO

I couldn't find any information on why the family never reported her missing, however. They seemed to be pretty concerned about her disappearance, yet didn't report her missing.
IIRC from Marcia's thread, Marcia's parents did try to report her to LE, but was told that she was an adult who had left voluntarily. Her mom also kept on living in her old house, just in case Marcia would come home one day, so maybe they just hadn't accepted the fact that she might be gone and therefore not thinking about searching the web for a Jane Doe matching her criteria?

Anyone else seen this post on the FB page?
Sheila Rusche This is my aunt. She was abducted in Louisiana in 1978 and never found. I sent you a message. To me... the resemblance is striking.

88241795_2758171334220031_5218732186328367104_n.jpg

Tammy Gay Williams Bertha Gould

Interesting, though I think it's unlikely, unfortunately. The difference in accent would have been picked up immediately and also the time difference is way too long (~ 2 years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998