Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've seen a couple of people comment that he may have had internal injuries. Does anyone think that maybe he might have thrown up blood? Could that explain the amount of blood saturation through a mattress down to the floor beneath the bed and also splatter on the wall? At some point T mentioned something about him having a lot of nosebleeds. Could this have been an explanation for the blood? Whatever type of injury he had to his head could have suddenly just given way and caused him to bleed out while he was lying there in his bed possibly near death already. So the new charges that were added after he was found in Florida indicate the use of some type of weapons. Perhaps he simply bled out in his bed and perhaps she didn't want his death to be the result of her violent abuse on him. Therefore perhaps she inflicted some type of wound after the fact. Perhaps she did this to make it look as if an abductor did it. She was already mentioning an abduction according to the original affidavit.
If she injured him so gravely on Sunday night, I just say don't understand what her thought process was on Monday. Was she thinking he would hopefully get better? Why would she concoct this runaway plan? Just think about it from the point of view of a person NOT trying to commit a murder. If you use imagine injuring someone without the intention of murdering them, then what do you expect the end result to be? I don't think she expected to have injured him so gravely. So how does she go from realizing what she has done to figuring out how to handle the situation while so obviously and callously not immediately taking him for medical care nearby exposing herself and her actions. So she's in 100% protect T mode. She has absolutely no consideration for the life of this child but only to protect herself and to not get caught. I probably will never understand how someone can go from point a to b and end up becoming a murderer.

Normally WS does not allow discussion of minors. In this case however Tricia did say that members could speculate on whether someone helped or was somehow involved in having Gannon's body transported to Florida as long as they are referred to with INITIALS ONLY.

We are walking a fine line here. The fact that a judicial document has stated that HH is not cooperating is certainly relevant. You can speculate based on what is contained in the AA, but you may NOT insinuate that she is involved in the crime and you may not make direct accusations against her. (IOW, lots of "what ifs", "could it be that" "perhaps" etc, etc) . Just DO NOT accuse her of knowingly committing a crime.

For instance, maybe she did absolutely nothing wrong and is just not cooperating because she doesn't want to be responsible for her mother going to jail, or perhaps she is afraid upsetting her mother.

I can't tell you how much I appreciated seeing this.
Most importantly, the possible reasons she was described as not cooperating.
Seriously, as it pertains to this specific dynamic of mother/daughter, none of us know jack.
And allow me to just say this, I'm honestly not sure how anyone here can read the AA,
see in plain black and white what a wicked, manipulative, lying, violent, abusive woman TS is,
and then not also consider her own under-aged daughter to also be a victim.
I mean, the same woman who likely bludgeoned an 11 year old child to death,
then made up countless lies about what really happened...
is the same woman that brought up HH for the last 17+ years.

So... yeah. Just had to say that.
jmo

I admit everything the perp "T-Splains" has me fearing there are going to be more terrible revelations.
It sounds like they may not have found any significance about the gate as it wasn't mentioned in the AA.
Of course there would be dna present from the people who lived there.

In all of TS' jumbled explanations there is a story being revealed of a an adult who tormented and abused emotionally and physically an innocent boy.
As we've seen in other cases one child sometimes is singled out.
There will be a lasting effect on Gannon's little sister that will hopefully heal and fade with time.
I hope she can grow up and have only happy memories left of her big brother. :(
BBM.
I agree there was likely long-standing abuse of Gannon prior to his murder. This wasn’t an aberration. It does make me wonder how much of this was known to other family members in that home.

I know I'm way behind and this has probably already been discussed, but in the AA, it is stated that they believe GS exited the truck and that the murder happened after the video from RD. So 2 things: 1. RD lied about that being the break they needed and 2. What the h e double hockey sticks happened then?

So I've seen a couple of people comment that he may have had internal injuries. Does anyone think that maybe he might have thrown up blood? Could that explain the amount of blood saturation through a mattress down to the floor beneath the bed and also splatter on the wall? At some point T mentioned something about him having a lot of nosebleeds. Could this have been an explanation for the blood? Whatever type of injury he had to his head could have suddenly just given way and caused him to bleed out while he was lying there in his bed possibly near death already. So the new charges that were added after he was found in Florida indicate the use of some type of weapons. Perhaps he simply bled out in his bed and perhaps she didn't want his death to be the result of her violent abuse on him. Therefore perhaps she inflicted some type of wound after the fact. Perhaps she did this to make it look as if an abductor did it. She was already mentioning an abduction according to the original affidavit.
If she injured him so gravely on Sunday night, I just say don't understand what her thought process was on Monday. Was she thinking he would hopefully get better? Why would she concoct this runaway plan? Just think about it from the point of view of a person NOT trying to commit a murder. If you use imagine injuring someone without the intention of murdering them, then what do you expect the end result to be? I don't think she expected to have injured him so gravely. So how does she go from realizing what she has done to figuring out how to handle the situation while so obviously and callously not immediately taking him for medical care nearby exposing herself and her actions. So she's in 100% protect T mode. She has absolutely no consideration for the life of this child but only to protect herself and to not get caught. I probably will never understand how someone can go from point a to b and end up becoming a murderer.

The bloodstain pattern analyst in the AA said the blood spatter was consistent with events such as blunt force, gunshot, or stabbing. Also, he opined the blood was not aspirated blood, due to the lack of air bubbles in the stains.

Edit: grammar

I just reread the affidavit. Everybody is addressing the major parts and I don't have anything to add....but the part where she gives an excuse to her work for missing Monday....because her step father was hit and killed by a car? What?! Is that really what she could come up with? What happened to the good old stomach flu?

I know I'm way behind and this has probably already been discussed, but in the AA, it is stated that they believe GS exited the truck and that the murder happened after the video from RD. So 2 things: 1. RD lied about that being the break they needed and 2. What the h e double hockey sticks happened then?

There is no reason to believe RD "lied" about saying LE told him this is the break they needed.
I do believe it's entirely possible they told him that,and, that they themselves believed it at the time.
The local LE on this case have never once made a disparaging remark about RD that I'm aware of, and they knew exactly what he said, they said.
I also believe, they uncovered a TON more digital/physical evidence after that surveillance tape from RD.

jmo

Here is what I matched up per the image on page 29 of the arrest affidavit(shown on the left, google earth on the right). It appears to me that the bloody bd was located very near where Investigators spent multiple days extensively searching near Sierra pines lane.

Court releases full arrest affidavit in Gannon Stauch murder case

I know @Hatfield referenced a different location much further north in the previous thread, but its my belief that the map I am providing is actually the accurate location. JMO

Coordinates
Latitude: 39° 8'31.78"N
Longitude: 104°54'53.31"W

upload_2020-4-3_22-0-38.png

upload_2020-4-3_22-13-51.png

Here is what I matched up per the image on page 29 of the arrest affidavit(shown on the left, google earth on the right). It appears to me that the bloody bd was located very near where Investigators spent multiple days extensively searching near Sierra pines lane.

Court releases full arrest affidavit in Gannon Stauch murder case

I know @Hatfield referenced a different location much further north in the previous thread, but its my belief that the map I am providing is actually the accurate location. JMO

Coordinates
Latitude: 39° 8'31.78"N
Longitude: 104°54'53.31"W

View attachment 241687

View attachment 241689

You are absolutely right.

IF GS vomited blood, it would have been mixed with gastric contents. That would have been easily detectable by lab tests. If he aspirated blood, it would have had "bubbles" and the AA report notes those were absent in the spatter.

Most internal bleeding doesn't (and can't) result in vomiting. Only bleeding in the stomach can. Or in the case of liver disease discussed in a much earlier thread, burst veins in the esophagus resulting in swallowed blood that is then vomited back up. And when that happens, if the blood spends any time in the stomach, it changes into something that looks like "coffee grounds" because the digestive process has begun.

While nosebleeds LOOK alarming, most aren't and do not result in much loss of blood despite how it may look. (And at higher elevations, nosebleeds are common.)

If GS had suffered blunt force abdominal trauma, his spleen or liver could have been damaged leading to significant internal bleeding into the abdominal cavity. But he couldn't have vomited up that blood. It wouldn't have been inside his GI tract, much less inside his stomach.

JMO

Magic 8 ball, shows a lot of immaturity. Was she trying to pacify herself? Someone said she was on a step-mom discussion page, if true I would really like to find it!!
Any idea if she was drinking a lot or smoking or whatever?! IMO
I can't tell you how much I appreciated seeing this.
Most importantly, the possible reasons she was described as not cooperating.
Seriously, as it pertains to this specific dynamic of mother/daughter, none of us know jack.
And allow me to just say this, I'm honestly not sure how anyone here can read the AA,
see in plain black and white what a wicked, manipulative, lying, violent, abusive woman TS is,
and then not also consider her own under-aged daughter to also be a victim.
I mean, the same woman who likely bludgeoned an 11 year old child to death,
then made up countless lies about what really happened...
is the same woman that brought up HH for the last 17+ years.

So... yeah. Just had to say that.
jmo
I wouldn’t put it past TS or be surprised to find out that she hoped HH would provide her reasonable doubt although without HH’s knowledge. It also occurs to me that while the rest of us are self quarantined and miserable what must it be like for Gannon’s family and HH; both families left to think about the nightmare that is their life while being forced to face the facts. Heartbreaking.
And I believe TS killed Gannon to punish his parents. Why else would you murder an 11 year old child in the safety and comfort of his own bed and bedroom? I agree with others that we may learn more horrific acts committed against this sweet child.
Be well and kind! *advertiser censored* is about to hit the fan in worse ways than we imagined. IMO

Or LE thanked RD for his efforts and said it could be important and because he believed it was a "big break", that's what he heard. We all have been guilty of that sort of "cognitive filter distortion" at one time or the other.

Personally I find it hard to believe LE said that simply because they were so closed-mouthed overall. But it's true they never denied it.

JMO

I just reread the affidavit. Everybody is addressing the major parts and I don't have anything to add....but the part where she gives an excuse to her work for missing Monday....because her step father was hit and killed by a car? What?! Is that really what she could come up with? What happened to the good old stomach flu?
Some posters with knowledge opined she suffers from NIMH » Borderline Personality Disorder, with a few other defects thrown in the mix. The description at the link pretty much describes her to "T".

The vomiting blood theory is a good one. Might explain why no blood is in the truck, but is all over bed and wall. But it doesn’t explain the blood in Tiguan SUV, unless that was caused by blood transfer from cloth or suitcase, etc. maybe she took him on 4 hour trip, after he vomited blood all over bedroom, and killed him and brought him back in the suitcase wrapped in plastic bag or tarp and placed in truck bed on board. Then later moved suitcase to Tiguan SUV and disposed of the body. Was the wood board with blood on it ever in the SUV or only in the bed of truck?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member