Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends. If HH was in two demanding programs (plus a job?) then she would have been ROTC, in high school and in that job. I don't know about your family, but I think asking that same teen to do random shopping errands on a Monday might not be the norm.

Was this the norm? I want to know.

It's weird to me that HH doesn't ask why, mom? I think most kids would, although in authoritarian families, they would not. Kids in those families are scared to ask questions.

"We need some milk and eggs and vinegar and cake mix and baking soda," much more typical - almost no one interrupts their busy kid's day on a Monday to ask for just vinegar and soda and trash bags.

MOO.

Oh, I’m certain she told her everything. She could barely contain herself from spilling the lot to total strangers, based on some of her texts and posts I’ve read. And HH I’m sure was her best friend and confidant. No way did she go thru this alone. She may have told others as well.

imo oc

Here is what I matched up per the image on page 29 of the arrest affidavit(shown on the left, google earth on the right). It appears to me that the bloody bd was located very near where Investigators spent multiple days extensively searching near Sierra pines lane.

Court releases full arrest affidavit in Gannon Stauch murder case

I know @Hatfield referenced a different location much further north in the previous thread, but its my belief that the map I am providing is actually the accurate location. JMO

Coordinates
Latitude: 39° 8'31.78"N
Longitude: 104°54'53.31"W

View attachment 241687

View attachment 241689
Yep, there's that gate with the privacy panel on it.

There is so much to unpack with that AA.

How in the world did she expect to sell the story about the rental car and saying G might run if he saw a car he recognized when she had already told police that she was raped and he was kidnapped?!

There is indeed. I scanned it last night. I'll start reading it again.

Poor Little Guy.

Many people have an internal thesaurus of words and phrases, built up over the years from education, family life and world experiences. I have never heard such an off-beat speech pattern in all my years. I wonder how it came to be in TS and had anyone in her inner circle detected the off-beat in banter or day-to-day?

"..so the lady don't be mad at us.." only one example, I'm sure there would be many more if we were privy to the plethora of TS-speak.

Or LE thanked RD for his efforts and said it could be important and because he believed it was a "big break", that's what he heard. We all have been guilty of that sort of "cognitive filter distortion" at one time or the other.

Personally I find it hard to believe LE said that simply because they were so closed-mouthed overall. But it's true they never denied it.

JMO
Maybe an excited utterance, can't say I blame them. IMO, LE knew something was wrong with Letecia Stauch's story, by the end of the day January 28th.

I just reread the affidavit. Everybody is addressing the major parts and I don't have anything to add....but the part where she gives an excuse to her work for missing Monday....because her step father was hit and killed by a car? What?! Is that really what she could come up with? What happened to the good old stomach flu?
she was too far down the rabbit hole by then and her statements usually have a ring of truth in them imo

Now that we know where the particle board was found, do we know if she had any previous ties to that area or had hiked around there or something?

Im trying to figure out if she had any connection to that area.

Maybe it was just a random place she found that looked wooded enough to her.

Earlier when the searches were happening in Douglas county some had wondered about her knowing or even being to Stone Canyon Outdoor EdVentures which is just down the way on South Perry Park Rd.( from the bd recovery site) Apparently they do some educational learning activities for youth. But as far as known connections, I haven't seen or heard of anything that would bring her to that area.

ETA: Also I do believe our locals had mentioned that Spruce Mountain has trails as well. But their opinion was that most people wouldn't travel from the Springs to hike them when they have more well known trails closer to CS.

Last edited:
IF GS vomited blood, it would have been mixed with gastric contents. That would have been easily detectable by lab tests. If he aspirated blood, it would have had "bubbles" and the AA report notes those were absent in the spatter.

Most internal bleeding doesn't (and can't) result in vomiting. Only bleeding in the stomach can. Or in the case of liver disease discussed in a much earlier thread, burst veins in the esophagus resulting in swallowed blood that is then vomited back up. And when that happens, if the blood spends any time in the stomach, it changes into something that looks like "coffee grounds" because the digestive process has begun.

While nosebleeds LOOK alarming, most aren't and do not result in much loss of blood despite how it may look. (And at higher elevations, nosebleeds are common.)

If GS had suffered blunt force abdominal trauma, his spleen or liver could have been damaged leading to significant internal bleeding into the abdominal cavity. But he couldn't have vomited up that blood. It wouldn't have been inside his GI tract, much less inside his stomach.

JMO

Thanks for post. Interesting, but wasn’t the wooden board with blood on it in the bed of truck? She said it flew from truck. Maybe his body was in both vehicles at different times. Do we know if the wooden board with G’s blood on it was ever in the Tiguan SUV?

Do you guys think that after the first disposal of the body she ever intended to go back, retrieve it, and move it again? Or was that it and she only moved it again because plans changed?

It all depends. If HH was in two demanding programs (plus a job?) then she would have been ROTC, in high school and in that job. I don't know about your family, but I think asking that same teen to do random shopping errands on a Monday might not be the norm.

Was this the norm? I want to know.

It's weird to me that HH doesn't ask why, mom? I think most kids would, although in authoritarian families, they would not. Kids in those families are scared to ask questions.

"We need some milk and eggs and vinegar and cake mix and baking soda," much more typical - almost no one interrupts their busy kid's day on a Monday to ask for just vinegar and soda and trash bags.

MOO.

Families do differ. Regional/cultural expectations do too.

Somehow though I'm not sure that TS putting sudden demands on HH (or any other child in the family) was unusual. Whether it was go shopping, walk the dogs, take your step-sib to do xyz ...

I don't know that, of course.
Anyway, my initial post was about whether buying a gallon of vinegar was unusual and I bet it wasn't based on AS's response to LE.
JMO

And they raised the rent! The release of the AA may put a damper on getting a new tenant. Now it is a house that a little boy was killed in. :(

Wouldnt that be awful to be the homeowner. When showing the place, they will now always have to include a disclaimer like "Oh by the way, I have to inform you what happened here...."

I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever by asking this question, and it is purely speculation. It's also obviously private medical information that will not be released to the public and Leticia has that right just like the rest of us.

I frequently wonder if she takes prescribed (and/or unprescribed) medication or substances?

This is not an assumption or a fact, just something I think about a lot due to her behavior (and a lot of other things).

MOO

I wonder why she was googling CO law regarding leaving minors at home. The first hit says 12 is the recommended age. Was she initially planning on telling police she left him at home and he ran away while she was out or at work but because she got the answer of 12 she changed it to she let him go to his friends and he never came back? She had to take him with her on that drive because she didnt want to give the police a reason to question her when she reported him missing?

She also googled about fixing a burnt carpet and smoke and stuff. So I guess that really did happen?

Do you guys think that after the first disposal of the body she ever intended to go back, retrieve it, and move it again? Or was that it and she only moved it again because plans changed?

I think when she realized that they were going to be pulling gps data from her vehicle she knew it was only a matter of time till they found him IMO.

I think that led to her panicking and moving him JMO

I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever by asking this question, and it is purely speculation. It's also obviously private medical information that will not be released to the public and Leticia has that right just like the rest of us.

I frequently wonder if she takes prescribed (and/or unprescribed) medication or substances?

This is not an assumption or a fact, just something I think about a lot due to her behavior (and a lot of other things).

MOO

If she wasn't she should have been IMO

I just reread the affidavit. Everybody is addressing the major parts and I don't have anything to add....but the part where she gives an excuse to her work for missing Monday....because her step father was hit and killed by a car? What?! Is that really what she could come up with? What happened to the good old stomach flu?

Yeah, it’s really insane, isn’t it? It really shows you how her mind works. Always seeking drama. That’s probably why she’s muddied the waters so badly in this case, adding all kinds of weird twists and turns. Cellphones, rapists, PetCo, flying boards, back of head interviews, Daytona 500, carpet burns, Florida, Kansas, escape attempt, S.C., suitcases, bridges, kidnappings, rambling interviews, interview note cards, etc etc. Why couldn’t she just keep it simple like Watts did: kill the family, hide the mistress, then confess everything in one big soppy blaze of surrender? Because if she’s going to go out, she wants it to be in a blaze of Hollywoodesque glory. She wants to be remembered, and she wants AS and LH to suffer. After all, she’s got the KK sunglasses to hide behind when the paparazzi come calling.

imo oc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members