Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been going to the drive up for Starbucks. I wipe the cup down with wipes and I use hand sanitizer in my car. I always try to have the right amount and don't expect change back. OK thought I was doing pretty good. This morning I went at 8:30 AM and the store was closed with no employees and no signs why it was close. I am sitting at home in a slight panic that someone there may have been diagnosed. I did go to another Starbucks and it was open for drive ups. Bad Raja, bad Raja.
Yikes! I’d need more than coffee. Did you think to ask at the second Starbucks? If you’re wiping your cup & all that, hopefully you’re safe. Do you dump the coffee into your own cup?

So I’ve been freaking out about running out of coffee (that “Airplane” video I posted so many times about running out of coffee isn’t funny anymore LOL haha)...

Anyway I take mine with milk and honey. I am out of both for a week.

Just tried to drink it black and can barely get it down but guess what? That’ll help me ration it bc it tastes so terrible ahaha. Just like with that “survival slop” I made.

On a serious note, preparing food is like an episode of “Chopped” to me. You can use your creativity to make new survival dishes. Some will taste better than others.

ETA:

For old times sake / maybe we can still get a small giggle at least:

DON’T PANIC:

Last edited:
April 3 2020
''As Russian cities go into lockdown to try to contain coronavirus, Moscow is using the latest technology to keep track of residents. City officials are using a giant network of tens of thousands of cameras - installed with facial recognition software - which they plan to couple with digital passes on people’s mobile phones. It’s prompted concern about whether such widespread surveillance will ever be rolled back. Sarah Rainsford explains how the system works in her own Moscow neighbourhood.''

April 3 2020
''As Russian cities go into lockdown to try to contain coronavirus, Moscow is using the latest technology to keep track of residents. City officials are using a giant network of tens of thousands of cameras - installed with facial recognition software - which they plan to couple with digital passes on people’s mobile phones. It’s prompted concern about whether such widespread surveillance will ever be rolled back. Sarah Rainsford explains how the system works in her own Moscow neighbourhood.''

That's Person of Interest ish isn't it? Jmo

Well, what if there is surface contamination on an object in your home. One doctor used the analogy of it being like “glitter” when you wipe a grocery item down.

Okay, margarita, that glitter imagery did it. You found my freak-out point, LOL, and it really takes a lot.
Arrggh! I'll never get it off me :(

Okay, margarita, that glitter imagery did it. You found my freak-out point, LOL, and it really takes a lot.
Arrggh! I'll never get it off me :(

Ohhhh I’m sorry!!

Honey, it’s related to an object, not...

Gah. I’m sorry.

Maybe if I pull the article it’ll make you feel better to read it in context.

Yeah that freaked me out too which is why I’m dipping stuff in bleach if possible (not frozen vegetable bags as we know)..., changing out containers...

Ugh I feel bad—Maybe it is important in the long run though so people realize how important it is to properly and thoroughly wipe stuff down.

I’m still working on that ritual and process...”delivery items”.. I have to do it in steps bc I get so grossed out and anxious

Lol, remembering @Herat ’s post about handling packages ROTF

Hi tresir2012:

This is an important report re: China that I haven’t gotten through yet, but it’s on the list of very important reports imo:

Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
16-24 February 2020

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...na-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

Ok this is another part of the report that seems significant. Most transmissions were familial.

1.The COVID-19 virus is unique among human coronaviruses in its combination of high transmissibility, substantial fatal outcomes in some high-risk groups, and ability to cause huge societal and economic disruption. For planning purposes, it must be assumed that the global population is susceptible to this virus. As the animal origin of the COVID-19 virus is unknown at present, the risk of reintroduction into previously infected areas must be constantly considered. The novel nature, and our continuously evolving understanding, of this coronavirus demands a tremendous agility in our capacity to rapidly adapt and change our readiness and response planning as has been done continually in China. This is an extraordinary feat for a country of 1.4 billion people.
2. China’s uncompromising and rigorous use of non-pharmaceutical measures to contain transmission of the COVID-19 virus in multiple settings provides vital lessons for the global response. This rather unique and unprecedented public health response in China reversed the escalating cases in both Hubei, where there has been widespread community transmission, and in the importation provinces, where family clusters appear to have driven the outbreak. Although the timing of the outbreak in China has been relatively similar across the country, transmission chains were established in a wide diversity of settings, from mega- cities in the north and south of the country, to remote communities. However, the rapid adaptation and tailoring of China’s strategy demonstrated that containment can be adapted and successfully operationalized in a wide range of settings. China’s experience strongly supports the efficacy and effectiveness of anchoring COVID- 19 readiness and rapid response plans in a thorough assessment of local risks and of utilizing a differentiated risk-based containment strategy to manage the outbreak in areas with no cases vs. sporadic cases vs. clusters of cases vs. community-level transmission. Such a strategy is essential for ensuring a sustainable approach while minimizing the socio-economic impact. 3. Much of the global community is not yet ready, in mindset and materially, to implement the measures that have been employed to contain COVID-19 in China. These are the only measures that are currently proven to interrupt or minimize transmission chains in humans. Fundamental to these measures is extremely proactive surveillance to immediately detect cases, very rapid diagnosis and immediate case isolation, rigorous tracking and quarantine of close contacts, and an exceptionally high degree of population understanding and acceptance of these measures.

“We have to open our country again...”
DT

He seems very anxious moo oh boy....watching

My opinion, we certainly have huge financial concerns but we have to be very very careful and very thoughtful...

I’m all ears.

What can those blue paper towels be used for? Sorry, missed the post.

Butt wipes if you’re out of TP, jk. I’m wanting to read back on that as well.

ETA: I can just see now, our moderators’ mods next future nightmare..whether or not to open the country again

Thank you Lilibet and @JaneEyre for helping to convince me to cancel the meeting with my friend. She agreed that we should be strict about social distancing and not try to do this. We will walk alone...

And thanks again to Websleuths for this thread. (heart emoji) I fervently hope and pray that we will all make it through this pandemic while we wait for effective treatments and a vaccine.

Thank YOU @anneg! You did the wise and caring thing. We will get through this, and as the classic song from “Carousel” says “You’ll never walk alone.”

I listened to many versions on youtube and this one for the healthcare frontline professionals in Italy (and everywhere) is the one that brought me to tears. Elvis was a close second.

Thank YOU @anneg! You did the wise and caring thing. We will get through this, and as the classic song from “Carousel” says “You’ll never walk alone.”

I listened to many versions on youtube and this one for the healthcare frontline professionals in Italy (and everywhere) is the one that brought me to tears. Elvis was a close second.

I was actually thinking of this song when I wrote my post. :) Thanks for sharing that touching video. If I'm not mistaken, that version of the song was by Gerry and the Pacemakers. Gerry and the Pacemakers - Wikipedia

“We have to open our country again...”
DT

He seems very anxious moo oh boy....watching

My opinion, we certainly have huge financial concerns but we have to be very very careful and very thoughtful...

I’m all ears.

Butt wipes if you’re out of TP, jk. I’m wanting to read back on that as well.

ETA: I can just see now, our moderators’ mods next future nightmare..whether or not to open the country again
The blue paper was for possible inserts into home made masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname