GUILTY MO - Mengqi Elledge, 28, found deceased, Columbia, 9 Oct 2019 *husband arrested*

Elledge has been officially charged with murder: link to article.

Boone County Chief Prosecutor Dan Knight described Elledge as a “jealous, controlling, manipulative psychopath,” during a November hearing.

In an audio recording that was played during that hearing, Elledge can be heard telling his wife "I don't like being with you," ''I'm eager to end it" and "I will bury the earth under you." Ji is heard arguing with her husband, who raises his voice several times. At one point, he tells her, "I know you want me to hit you," and, "This, it's not abusive."

Oh my GOD :(

Elledge court documents allege strangulation, K-9s signal human decomposition

During the back rub Joseph described himself as being on Mengqi Ji's back, and Mengqi Ji being on her stomach.

The documents describe Mengqi Ji as being 5 feet tall and 100 pounds compared to Joseph, who is 6 feet tall and 170 pounds, and suggest that intentional strangulation or intentional suffocation could have occurred. Based on the positioning of both Joseph and Mengqi Ji, documents said Mengqi Ji could have been in a compromising position without being able to defend herself.
The document said at 9:05 a.m. on Oct.9 Joseph texted his mother, "happy birthday," but did not mention anything about Mengqi Ji’s disappearance. They had no further contact with each other until Oct. 10 when he texted her that Mengqi Ji was gone.

Court documents say phone records show on Oct.10 a person identified as "Dawei" contacted Joseph at 8:30 p.m. offering suggestions on how to find Mengqi Ji, but they say Joseph texted back at 8:49 p.m. saying he contacted police and he was exhausted. At 8:52 p.m. documents say Dawei responded offering to help contact people to locate Mengqi Ji but say Joseph did not respond. Meanwhile, he was texting with a relative, RE, about playing video games. Documents said "by the evening of 10/10/2019 Joseph was playing video games with a relative and was not focused on finding his wife."
According to the court documents, two cadaver K-9 Units alerted police to the presence of human decomposition in the river.

GrJury Indictment n Murder & Other Charges
Story posted ~ 1 hr ago in stltoday.com

"A grand jury on Friday indicted a Columbia, Missouri man on first-degree murder and other charges in the disappearance of his Chinese wife, who is presumed dead.
Joseph Elledge, who has a 1-year-old daughter with his missing wife, Mengqi Ji, had been in jail for months on two counts of child endangerment and one count of child abuse.
Boone County prosecutors sought to charge Elledge with murder
on Feb. 19 but a judge didn't sign the warrant within a week, so they took the case to the grand jury.
In addition to the murder charge, the grand jury replaced one of the endangerment counts with a domestic assault count. Prosecutors allege in one of the charges that he created “a substantial risk" to his daughter by separating her from her mother.

Columbia, Mo., man charged in disappearance of his wife

High profile defense attorney to represent Elledge on murder charge

Scott Rosenblum, a high profile criminal defense attorney based in St. Louis, was listed Tuesday in online court dockets as representation for Joseph Elledge.

According to Rosenblum Schwartz & Fry's website, Rosenblum has been involved in many notable cases and has represented dozens of professional athletes and major recording artists.

Rosenblum had also joined former Gov. Eric Greitens legal team in 2018 as he fought an invasion-of-privacy charge that stemmed from an extramarital affair. The charge was later dropped.

High profile defense attorney to represent Elledge on murder charge

Scott Rosenblum, a high profile criminal defense attorney based in St. Louis, was listed Tuesday in online court dockets as representation for Joseph Elledge.

According to Rosenblum Schwartz & Fry's website, Rosenblum has been involved in many notable cases and has represented dozens of professional athletes and major recording artists.

Rosenblum had also joined former Gov. Eric Greitens legal team in 2018 as he fought an invasion-of-privacy charge that stemmed from an extramarital affair. The charge was later dropped.

Mommy hired a high profile defense attorney ...

That IMO is a bit self-serving, as I believe at a minimum, she knew what he did and was going to help him "leave".

Police continue search for missing Columbia woman

NEW BLOOMFIELD — The Columbia Police Department released new information Friday regarding the search for Mengqi Ji, the Columbia woman who has been missing since Oct. 10.

The department's Criminal Investigation Division has performed rigorous searches through the air and on the ground near Ashland Lake and the Pine Ridge Recreation Campground.

So like Josh Powell, Fotis Dulos, Brendt Christenson, and many others...but perhaps the case will take a turn toward Scott Peterson, Chris Watts, Mark Sievers, and Drew Peterson???

RIP Mengqi and blessings for your daughter!

upload_2020-3-22_8-52-5.jpeg
(I've read that in Chinese culture, the cherry blossom is a symbol of feminine strength and beauty.)

Search for body of missing Columbia woman Mengqi Ji could cost $500,000

Sallady said engineers have concluded that building a retaining wall would help clear the way to finding Ji’s body. The wall would allow crews to pump out water near the Missouri 41 overpass, which is where police believe the body is now.

True North of Columbia, a domestic violence shelter, will display Ji’s artwork for a fundraiser on April 27 if stay-at-home orders due to the COVID-19 pandemic are lifted by then.

The Missing Persons Support Center’s Facebook page is also accepting donations.

First time I saw the video of the husband, there was a moment he looked into the camera for a while and it gave me the creeps. It seemd he had a lot of anger in him. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but i had mixed feelings. I am glad they have arrested him.

I really hope they will find her and that her family can give her a proper burial. She did not deserve this.

CPD find human remains near I-70 and Stadium Blvd

The body was heavily decomposed, according to the news release.

"The Boone County Medical Examiner was contacted and the remains were transported to the medical examiner's office for further analysis," the release said.

At this time, a cause of death and identity has not yet been determined.

CPD find human remains near I-70 and Stadium Blvd

The body was heavily decomposed, according to the news release.

"The Boone County Medical Examiner was contacted and the remains were transported to the medical examiner's office for further analysis," the release said.

At this time, a cause of death and identity has not yet been determined.
While I’m wishing it would be her for her family’s sake and closure, the body was found within the populated part of the city and not at all near the river where the dogs alerted, I’m doubting it’s her. moo
At the very least, someone else may now be put to rest. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back