Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if that wasn't the norm and she escalated her crazy towards AS over the weekend. He gets weird pics of her with his kids that maybe he never got before. Maybe he was seriously worried about what was going on, trying to casually text him throughout Monday just to make sure he was ok because she was sending major crazy vibes.
This is giving me flashbacks of CW and that strange doll picture.

I think they also concluded the amount of blood lost in the bedroom would have precluded GS from walking to the truck.

It does seem like that's their conclusion, but the question is whether or not they made that argument because they lacked a body. Now that they have his body, I wonder if they've revisited that.

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately; her little battered and abused body was found 19 hours and 17 minutes later. Despite the fact this occurred over 20 years ago, the pain never goes away. Like another poster above said "you just learn to live with it".

My world took some pretty dark turns over the years. It wasn't until I became involved with a group of women (who have also lost a child to murder), that things began to change for me. We call ourselves justice seekers; that's why I'm here. (I think everyone on Gannon's thread is a justice seeker too)! I'm amongst many on these threads that have or are experiencing what I have. No one can understand the nightmare of losing a child unless you have experienced it yourself. Reaching out to these mothers (and fathers or grandparents) to offer support when they are in the midst of darkness is my way of giving back.

Despite the fact that Gannon's story is horrific and terrifying, I think we all celebrate the fact that he has been found. We will get through this together by sharing our ideas, theories, and personal experiences- even when we disagree. All in hopes of ensuring Gannon and his family receive the justice they deserve. Gannon will not be forgotten by any of us. He will live on in the hearts of the many who have come to love him.
Oh, my...no words. I am so sorry. You have had to endure the worst injustice ever...I wish I could do something to make it better. But that is not possible.
I am so, so sorry.

Thank you for that info @WestieMom!

So one would think with ALL the cameras in that neighborhood, LE would have plenty of footage showing definitively whether or not Gannon returned to the house AND the exact movements (date & time) of the cars & other occupants of that house from Jan. 25th forward.

MOO

Keep in mind. Unless you come into (my) yard... I don’t pick up everyone walking down the sidewalk. With the Ring you can set up how far out (zones) the camera begins recording.

How do I do NSFW or spoiler? Do not click on this link if you don't want to see blood spatter (not meant specifically for you, MassGuy, of course):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...3OwFJ4bId0fqllISkJ2yC9CH1bKhbzcPE1upUB-w-snhA

I got lots more. I do think there should have been a bigger concentration near the head of the bed - but I think that may involve using different forensic markers, since LS obviously wiped it down.

Wipe down marks need to be studied and marked separately (sometimes using two different or three different chemicals - I think they mention that in the AA):

(Do not look if squeamish - here's a wipe stain:)

https://www.ifscolorado.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/20-Wipe-pattern-300x204.jpg

Without cleaning, we would expect a gunshot wound to the head, next to a wall, to look something like this:

(WARNING: more blood!)

https://listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/iStock-157286442.jpg

Having posted all that, and having fake blood in my lab and having had lots of fun with students pretending to be stabbed, which is easier to stage with stage knives than guns are - no way the college allows undergrads to have pretend guns)...and knowing some experts who testify in court on these matters...

Even the experts (especially when honest, when they are talking behind the scenes) say it's hard to interpret. This is a bit like that "owl did it" case back east.

The blood spatter in that case was easier to interpret, in some ways.

It's a fairly large pattern of scattered blood. I went with "not bludgeoning" because she would have had to have superhuman strength to do that and the mattress would have absorbed so much of the blow.

Just like everything else about this case, I bet the forensic experts will be able to replicate the pattern - but not on their first few attempts.

Too symmetrical to be stabbing with cast-off from the hand/blade (all kinds of other things say it's not stabbing - but in this case, she's so weird, it's hard to know for sure).

If stabbing (in the head), then she's way more psychotic IMO than she appears from all her other actions.

How do I do NSFW or spoiler? Do not click on this link if you don't want to see blood spatter (not meant specifically for you, MassGuy, of course):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...3OwFJ4bId0fqllISkJ2yC9CH1bKhbzcPE1upUB-w-snhA

I got lots more. I do think there should have been a bigger concentration near the head of the bed - but I think that may involve using different forensic markers, since LS obviously wiped it down.

Wipe down marks need to be studied and marked separately (sometimes using two different or three different chemicals - I think they mention that in the AA):

(Do not look if squeamish - here's a wipe stain:)

https://www.ifscolorado.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/20-Wipe-pattern-300x204.jpg

Without cleaning, we would expect a gunshot wound to the head, next to a wall, to look something like this:

(WARNING: more blood!)

https://listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/iStock-157286442.jpg

Having posted all that, and having fake blood in my lab and having had lots of fun with students pretending to be stabbed, which is easier to stage with stage knives than guns are - no way the college allows undergrads to have pretend guns)...and knowing some experts who testify in court on these matters...

Even the experts (especially when honest, when they are talking behind the scenes) say it's hard to interpret. This is a bit like that "owl did it" case back east.

The blood spatter in that case was easier to interpret, in some ways.

It's a fairly large pattern of scattered blood. I went with "not bludgeoning" because she would have had to have superhuman strength to do that and the mattress would have absorbed so much of the blow.

Just like everything else about this case, I bet the forensic experts will be able to replicate the pattern - but not on their first few attempts.

Too symmetrical to be stabbing with cast-off from the hand/blade (all kinds of other things say it's not stabbing - but in this case, she's so weird, it's hard to know for sure).

If stabbing (in the head), then she's way more psychotic IMO than she appears from all her other actions.

I, like many others, have had a very difficult time seeing the photos contained in the AA clearly. From what (I think) I can see, it appears to be far-spread droplets that have run a little on the wall. What do you believe would cause this type of pattern? (It just doesn't look like "spray" to me)? Would her attempts to clean alter what can be detected?

As far as the “trunk “ of the VW Tiguan, someone pointed out earlier that it was actually an SUV with a hatchback. I went to find an image of the interior and this was the first result. I wonder if it had one of these?

Attachments

• 6A2FF696-3430-4E5C-B76C-5AC7C46FB3E9.jpeg
    6A2FF696-3430-4E5C-B76C-5AC7C46FB3E9.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 65
As far as the “trunk “ of the VW Tiguan, someone pointed out earlier that it was actually an SUV with a hatchback. I went to find an image of the interior and this was the first result. I wonder if it had one of these?
If it didn’t, then he may have been in a suitcase by then.

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately; her little battered and abused body was found 19 hours and 17 minutes later. Despite the fact this occurred over 20 years ago, the pain never goes away. Like another poster above said "you just learn to live with it".

My world took some pretty dark turns over the years. It wasn't until I became involved with a group of women (who have also lost a child to murder), that things began to change for me. We call ourselves justice seekers; that's why I'm here. (I think everyone on Gannon's thread is a justice seeker too)! I'm amongst many on these threads that have or are experiencing what I have. No one can understand the nightmare of losing a child unless you have experienced it yourself. Reaching out to these mothers (and fathers or grandparents) to offer support when they are in the midst of darkness is my way of giving back.

Despite the fact that Gannon's story is horrific and terrifying, I think we all celebrate the fact that he has been found. We will get through this together by sharing our ideas, theories, and personal experiences- even when we disagree. All in hopes of ensuring Gannon and his family receive the justice they deserve. Gannon will not be forgotten by any of us. He will live on in the hearts of the many who have come to love him.

@JDough : I'm so sorry for your loss.

I don't have my laptop with me, so exactly what dat was the Cousin It interview done?

If it didn’t, then he may have been in a suitcase by then.
Yeah I’ve thought suitcase all along (with wheels to get from basement to garage). I guess I just can’t get over how brazen one has to be to have LE searching while a body is right there in the car. And then to park it at the airport, too. Was thinking with this, she might have felt it was really hidden well. Aw hell why am I expecting her to think like a normal person?

#119. and #126 a. mention blood from carpet in utility room.

I was thinking maybe she put him in a suitcase almost immediately, if for no other reason than to be able to move him quickly. And maybe the quickest and closest spot to hide him was the utility room, since moving a car into the garage and whatnot wouldn't take priority over cleaning up the scene. I thought I read in the AA there was trace evidence from the utility room to the garage, so I assumed the path was his room to utility room for a bit, then out to garage. MOO

Yeah I’ve thought suitcase all along (with wheels to get from basement to garage). I guess I just get can’t over how brazen one has to be to have LE searching while a body is right there in the car. And then to park it at the airport, too. Was thinking with this, she might have felt it was really hidden well. Aw hell why am I expecting her to think like a normal person?
Yeah. I never imagined she’d move the body, let alone travel to Florida with it.

If she would do those things, then it’s not a stretch to believe she’d allow LE to be within feet of Gannon.

Forget everything you know about normal criminal behavior. The usual rules don’t apply here.

Last edited:

I'm so, so sorry. It's unfathomable to me how anyone could do that to a child, and secondarily cause so much pain to their loved ones. My heart goes out to you.

The AA makes me even more confused as to why she was not arrested sooner and/or tailed. Her story was insane and easily proved false. They established he was killed in the house and not killed by an intruder and she was acting guilty AF. It seems like they had all the probable cause needed before she left the state with Gannon's body and long before they finally issued a warrant. Can someone explain?
They were looking for Gannon.
They wiretapped her, GPSed her Altima rental with tracker after impounding the Tiguan, scrutinizing texts, calls, computer activity. All hoping to find him.
Apparently she gave them the slip on Feb. 1.
But the Altima gps tracker led them to search Perry Rd.

Last edited:

JDough, my heart hurts for you as you wake up every day to face the loss your daughter. Please know that I will add you to my prayers, asking for comfort and peace. I'm thankful that you use your loss to help others and I hope justice was found for you.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member