Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer the first part of your post: because there was a lot of cleaning left to be done. Once she nearly killed him Monday morning, she had to get him out of the house, finish him off and disposed of his body. Probably said I’ll take you to hospital. She didn’t stay around to clean up anything then. The 10x door thing and sending girls to store was NOT a lot of time to clean up blood, and hide evidence, but that’s what she was doing. Cleaning up. Back and forth 10x throwing things out. Not down in basement murdering kid and hiding body somewhere. Way too risky. imo.

What about the blood trail from his bedroom up the stairs to the garage and SUV? Just evidence, such as bedding, etc. to be transported out or?

The poor family must feel like the world is coming to an end. First their bright light, precious child is murdered by someone they thought they could trust, who was also watching their daughter, and then CoVid-19 hits. I just hope they have counselors they can FaceTime, and that they know we are all here because we care about them and their son, and that we all hope this trial is expeditious and just. You need light to push out the dark. God rest his soul.

Last edited:
I've read the AA, but haven't been able to keep up with the fast moving posts, so please forgive me if this has already been suggested.... If I've read it correctly, it seems that LE is concluding that he must have returned with her Monday afternoon and must have been killed after that time because the photo taken in the morning vs what's seen at night (via the officer's cam) show different bedding. But, isn't it possible that she changed the bedding twice? I mean, what if the blood in the bedroom was the result of whatever occurred in the attack the night before? Whatever it was, candle, burned carpet, whatever it was that caused her to attack him, what if that resulted in the blood in the bedroom and that's why she didn't show him in that video from that night? Isn't it possible that she cleaned it up that evening, wiped down the walls, changed the bedding, etc, then took the video to capture his voice and prove he was alive that night, and then took the photo of him in the bed the next morning, again - to prove that he was alive in the morning? Whatever injury he received from that evening attack was severe enough that she believed she had to kill him to cover it up, but not so severe that he couldn't walk to the truck the next morning, though he did walk in a way that indicated injury and suffering. She could well have planned his murder during the night, planned to leave her phone home and his at Petco, then killed him in the spot where the evidence of blood was found, and actually left his body there that night. Then she returned home and did the more extensive cleaning, rescrubbing the walls, the carpets, realized she needed more cleaner, had HH get more, realized there was more blood on the sheets and so changed the bedding again, etc. In this scenario, there's no risk, re: the girls actually coming home when his body was there, the police finding his body in the car, everything being done in a very limited timeframe... The sheets, pillows, etc could easily have been placed in garbage bags and put in the outside garbage that evening, only to all be moved the next day, via her car, which would explain why she had to go rent a car. Does this make sense?
I think this is the other narrative that conforms to most of the evidence we know.

I'd say the weaknesses in this theory are:
  • the amount of blood in Gannon's room. It seems to have stained the mattress pretty extensively and seeped behind the socket cover. But I'm no blood spatter expert, so perhaps that could occur with non-fatal injuries
  • the evidence of hurried cleaning on Monday afternoon/evening. If all of the blood in the house came from a Sunday night incident, then she had a full day to clean it up. So sending HH out for cleaner and running around the house Monday evening would be odd.
  • the fact that she seemed hell bent on hiding the Tiguan. Under this theory, that car wasn't involved at all. So why does it have blood evidence on it and inside it? And why did TS seem so determined to keep it away from AS and LE? The only explanation I can think of (other than Gannon's body being in the car) is that she hid the sheets or other bloody items from Sunday night in the Tiguan for some reason. But why not dispose of them on Monday? Or on Tuesday morning before AS arrived? Hiding that car made everyone suspicious, so she must have had a pretty strong reason to do it.

I think this is the other narrative that conforms to most of the evidence we know.

I'd say the weaknesses in this theory are:
  • the amount of blood in Gannon's room. It seems to have stained the mattress pretty extensively and seeped behind the socket cover. But I'm no blood spatter expert, so perhaps that could occur with non-fatal injuries
  • the evidence of hurried cleaning on Monday afternoon/evening. If all of the blood in the house came from a Sunday night incident, then she had a full day to clean it up. So sending HH out for cleaner and running around the house Monday evening would be odd.
  • the fact that she seemed hell bent on hiding the Tiguan. Under this theory, that car wasn't involved at all. So why does it have blood evidence on it and inside it? And why did TS seem so determined to keep it away from AS and LE? The only explanation I can think of (other than Gannon's body being in the car) is that she hid the sheets or other bloody items from Sunday night in the Tiguan for some reason. But why not dispose of them on Monday? Or on Tuesday morning before AS arrived? Hiding that car made everyone suspicious, so she must have had a pretty strong reason to do it.

Maybe she used it to move the body. We know she went back out to site a few times. Maybe evidence. Maybe the bloody board. Maybe the suitcase she was going to use to move him in later. Too tired to think right now. I’ll give it more thought tmrw. Good post tho.

I don't see how that picture would show whether or not he was fine or not, or even that he was alive.
It doesn't make sense to me, other than there being some sick, demented reason for it. Just like the picture of him waving.
All it really proves is that she had to get rid of the blanket and buy another one, and that the bed had been moved.

Imo

I pretty much agree. But I still want to know how often TS took pictures of the kids including selfies. (People have said they thought the hiking selfie was weird to take too.) And we don't know if it was usual to document activities for AS when he was away.

There are people who are (to me) almost "compulsive" about recording everything in life with pictures, people who are otherwise pretty normal. So the picture-taking itself doesn't have to be evil or strange. JMO

TS claimed she was having shortness of breath and chest pains at the conclusion of her interview at EPSO (Page 13, #99). She was transported to the hospital for further medical care (Page 14, #102). It was noted that she seemed to have a miraculous recovery once she arrived. TS checked herself out of the hospital before diagnostic testing was completed (Page 14, #103). TS was seen on surveillance making a telephone call from the waiting room (of the hospital), and shortly after left with an unknown individual. LE was conducting surveillance in the area, and TS was seen reuniting with her daughter (HH) several miles from the hospital. (Page 14, #105).

Based on the information above, the unknown person drove TS from the hospital to meet with HH.
Wondering who this unknown person was.

Regarding the rape kidnap tale LS told EPSO on 1/29, finding RDs 24/7 video covered the front of Gannon's yard and driveway was a big break to discredit her story and support their theory about Gannon being taken away in the Tiguan,

Last edited:
she wanted us to think that board 'flew' out the back of AS's truck.
you know stuff flies out lose all the time!
she seems to take ownership of being acutely aware that she was accounted for at Petco. TWICE.
she left her phone at home for the duration.

there was no incriminating evidence found in Als truck.
I don't think that's all a coincidence. no idea what she was thinking but his truck and no evidence was part of t'plan.

she didn't anticpate the neighbours video . she was banking on her time frame of 3.15 ish was game on.

not sure where I'm going with this.......:confused::confused:
just feels like it matters.

moo

It does seem like that's their conclusion, but the question is whether or not they made that argument because they lacked a body. Now that they have his body, I wonder if they've revisited that.

Maybe.

Even with the delayed autopsy, I'm sure his body provided useful information about how he died.

But to me the amount of blood in the house and its location (like behind a socket cover) is still key.

Either on this thread or on an earlier one someone said the way TS tried to clean up the blood may have made it look like there was more blood than there was. I would hope blood experts would be able to tell the difference between a ton of blood and an incompetent clean up. But maybe not.

To me it still comes down to the actual amount of blood lost. I do know scalp wounds bleed alot (although the chances of bleeding to death from a scalp wound is pretty small unless there are other factors at play to increase bleeding such as liver disease, blood thinners, etc.) But a child GS's size doesn't have the same amount of blood as an adult.

How Much Blood Is in the Human Body?

"The average 80-pound child will have about 2,650 mL of blood in their body, or 0.7 gallons." That's about 5.6 pints.

And "The average adult weighing 150 to 180 pounds should have about 1.2 to 1.5 gallons of blood in their body. This is about 4,500 to 5,700 mL." At the lower 1.2 gallon measure, that's 9.6 pints.

So a pint of blood for a child GS's size represents nearly 20% of the total blood volume whereas it's closer to 10% for an adult. I'm not saying the COD was blood loss per se, but that the blood loss would have affected his functioning.

While GS appeared to be moving slowly in the video, if he had lost a near-fatal amount of blood he wouldn't have been walking at all IMO. And remember, he didn't have to just walk from the garage to the truck. I'm assuming he had to walk from his bedroom up the stairs through the garage to the truck (as carrying him alive up the stairs in a wheeled suitcase is extremely unlikely IMO.) If he hadn't lost that much blood yet (and it was incompetent clean-up making it look like more blood in the bedroom) but he had bled alot, I just don't see how clothes and a tarp or pet seat cover or anything else would have kept the truck clean of all detectable blood (although the drips found in the house could be consistent with his walking out.) But I'm pretty confident they would have searched the truck carefully for traces of hidden blood.

If she had killed him during that 4 hours away and left his body somewhere for later pickup in the SUV, it doesn't make sense to me there would be blood found in and on the SUV since dead bodies don't bleed. I don't know for a fact, but I wouldn't think there'd be much transfer from a body that had been dead for that many hours either. Perhaps she was careless and didn't use a tarp at pick up after being so careful to avoid getting blood in the truck? Also though, if GS was killed away from the house, how to explain the amount of blood in the garage where the SUV was parked? Or the blood on the large board?

I do agree it's not totally clear-cut either way with what we know now.

JMO

Does the Tiguan have an automatic lift gate opener button that can be activated from the driver's seat? Could she have backed up the driveway, activated the rear lift gate (producing the shadow) and off loaded him, dead or alive into the garage ?

On the drive she wasn’t just “driving around wondering what to do.” She had a plan. She carried stuff to the truck. There was something square and suitcase-like bouncing in the back of truck. She took only G’s phone. She hid it in Petco TWO hours then went back to get it. She did something VERY nefarious during those two hours. Believe it.

imo oc
Was her initial plan to kill him away from the house but she was unsuccessful in finding a certain secluded place and was panicked about it in broad day light ? So, she returned to the comfort of her home with an amended plan, brutally murdered him as time was ticking and had to clean up in a frenzy to make it fit together. Jmo

Justice for Gannon

On the drive she wasn’t just “driving around wondering what to do.” She had a plan. She carried stuff to the truck. There was something square and suitcase-like bouncing in the back of truck. She took only G’s phone. She hid it in Petco TWO hours then went back to get it. She did something VERY nefarious during those two hours. Believe it.

imo oc
I rewatched the video looking to see if LS could have placed the suitcase in the back of the truck that day. I know part of bed of the truck was out of view. But the area of the bed of the truck were something bounced up was within view. I did not see anything in the video that indicated she placed the suit case in the video.

Does the Tiguan have an automatic lift gate opener button that can be activated from the driver's seat? Could she have backed up the driveway, activated the rear lift gate (producing the shadow) and off loaded him, dead or alive into the garage ?
The affivadit states the cadavir dogs did not react to the truck and they did not find any traces of blood in the truck. The movement captured from the ADT indicates they both entered the home. The officers responding to the home when LS reported him as a runaway state the Tiguan was backed into the garage. Also, the affidavit states that LE has mulitple video from the neighborhood from homesecurity cameras and doorbell cameras. So I would think if she backed the Tiguan into the garage after the incident, it would have been captured on video.

I wonder how many wtf’s were uttered by investigators in the course of this investigation. They probably had a drink or two a few nights when they got home.

I'll bet they did! Her story changed with the wind in those first few days. After reading the AA, it struck me how very off-the-wall LS' thinking is. Before the AA was released, I thought of her as some sort of criminal mastermind, but now, because her statements and stories are so far-out and disjointed, I think she's playing with less than a full deck.

I pretty much agree. But I still want to know how often TS took pictures of the kids including selfies. (People have said they thought the hiking selfie was weird to take too.) And we don't know if it was usual to document activities for AS when he was away.

There are people who are (to me) almost "compulsive" about recording everything in life with pictures, people who are otherwise pretty normal. So the picture-taking itself doesn't have to be evil or strange. JMO
Why would a hiking selfie be weird to take? I used to be an avid family hiker and we always brought along a camera to take pictures of the surrounding area and selfies. This is common human behavior as I often see hiking selfies from friends on my facebook feed. I grew up in a National Forest covered with woods, mountains, bluffs, rivers, streams, and waterfalls. You would expect to see plenty of hiking selfies from someone in my area when the posted on facebook that they were going on a hike.

The affivadit states the cadavir dogs did not react to the truck and they did not find any traces of blood in the truck. The movement captured from the ADT indicates they both entered the home. The officers responding to the home when LS reported him as a runaway state the Tiguan was backed into the garage. Also, the affidavit states that LE has mulitple video from the neighborhood from homesecurity cameras and doorbell cameras. So I would think if she backed the Tiguan into the garage after the incident, it would have been captured on video.
You are right ! I forgot for a moment that the video showed them leaving in the truck and the truck returning. Mea culpa.

Was her initial plan to kill him away from the house but she was unsuccessful in finding a certain secluded place and was panicked about it in broad day light ? So, she returned to the comfort of her home with an amended plan, brutally murdered him as time was ticking and had to clean up in a frenzy to make it fit together. Jmo

Justice for Gannon
That is a good theory. Apparently HH was a video blogger and people have uploaded some of her videoblogs onto youtube. On a hiking video blog from last year, HH mentions how slippery it is and they have all fallen down. She goes on to mention that on a previous hike with a friend, her friend fell and she thought her friend was going to die. After watching this, it made me wonder if LS might have been out scouting some hiking trails and thinking of planning an accident for GS. For some reason, what ever LS planned that day did not go according to plans. Her supposedly looking at the windows nervously at PetCo according to an employee (if the posts are from an actual employee) makes me wonder if she was worried Gannon would get out of the truck and summon for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998