Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
HH was a video blogger and liked to video blog about little things, i.e. getting ready for in the morning. People have uploaded her video blogs to youtube. Here is one such video blog from a previous family hike from last year. The one thing that stood out is HH mentioning how they all fell down during the hike since the paths were slippery and states on a previous hike her friend fell and she thought her friend was going to die. It made me wonder if for those missing hours, that LS was attempting to plan an accident for GS but things did not go according to plan. Are we allowed to post links to videos? I have not seen anyone do so, therefore I removed the link to the youtube video.

That's how we know her bedroom was also in the basement. She walks out of her room, and goes up the stairs to the kitchen in one of those vb's.

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately; her little battered and abused body was found 19 hours and 17 minutes later. Despite the fact this occurred over 20 years ago, the pain never goes away. Like another poster above said "you just learn to live with it".

My world took some pretty dark turns over the years. It wasn't until I became involved with a group of women (who have also lost a child to murder), that things began to change for me. We call ourselves justice seekers; that's why I'm here. (I think everyone on Gannon's thread is a justice seeker too)! I'm amongst many on these threads that have or are experiencing what I have. No one can understand the nightmare of losing a child unless you have experienced it yourself. Reaching out to these mothers (and fathers or grandparents) to offer support when they are in the midst of darkness is my way of giving back.

Despite the fact that Gannon's story is horrific and terrifying, I think we all celebrate the fact that he has been found. We will get through this together by sharing our ideas, theories, and personal experiences- even when we disagree. All in hopes of ensuring Gannon and his family receive the justice they deserve. Gannon will not be forgotten by any of us. He will live on in the hearts of the many who have come to love him.
bbm x2

@JDough I am so sorry that you also carry this pain in your heart. My own pain was explain to me as, 'Grief is love with no where to go'. So as long as we love the child we lost, the pain will never go away.

I applaud your efforts on this forum as I realize the value of support from someone who knows your pain. We know the pain that TS inflicted upon Gannon's loved ones, and we know that it will never go away.

Seeking justice for Gannon!

That is a good theory. Apparently HH was a video blogger and people have uploaded some of her videoblogs onto youtube. On a hiking video blog from last year, HH mentions how slippery it is and they have all fallen down. She goes on to mention that on a previous hike with a friend, her friend fell and she thought her friend was going to die. After watching this, it made me wonder if LS might have been out scouting some hiking trails and thinking of planning an accident for GS. For some reason, what ever LS planned that day did not go according to plans. Her supposedly looking at the windows nervously at PetCo according to an employee (if the posts are from an actual employee) makes me wonder if she was worried Gannon would get out of the truck and summon for help.
I keep coming back to this Petco moment you just mentioned. If she was that nervous that Gannon might leave the truck or ask for help why not take him in the store with her. This would put him on video and prove he was with her and ok. So what exactly was the state of Gannon at this moment? What is going on with him that she didn't want attention brought too?

That would be easy to confirm with AS if the sheets and bedspread were new. I have not seen any mention of it by him. But we will have to wait until the trial to find the answer to that question.
Another errand HH may have ran, and further reason not to cooperate? She had a job, so I assume had her own money, the purchase wouldn't have shown up on TS's bank records. Just a thought ...

I think this is the other narrative that conforms to most of the evidence we know.

I'd say the weaknesses in this theory are:
  • the amount of blood in Gannon's room. It seems to have stained the mattress pretty extensively and seeped behind the socket cover. But I'm no blood spatter expert, so perhaps that could occur with non-fatal injuries
  • the evidence of hurried cleaning on Monday afternoon/evening. If all of the blood in the house came from a Sunday night incident, then she had a full day to clean it up. So sending HH out for cleaner and running around the house Monday evening would be odd.
  • the fact that she seemed hell bent on hiding the Tiguan. Under this theory, that car wasn't involved at all. So why does it have blood evidence on it and inside it? And why did TS seem so determined to keep it away from AS and LE? The only explanation I can think of (other than Gannon's body being in the car) is that she hid the sheets or other bloody items from Sunday night in the Tiguan for some reason. But why not dispose of them on Monday? Or on Tuesday morning before AS arrived? Hiding that car made everyone suspicious, so she must have had a pretty strong reason to do it.
To your last point about the car. I had trouble keeping all these different vehicles straight. But, I did notice in the AA on page 11 #80 LS driving the Tiguan disposes of Gannon. #81 HH picks up LS at Powers and Carefree? What happened to the Tiguan? She couldn't just drive it home? That raises all kinds of red flags. What did she tell HH and when did she go back to get it? Someone had to take her back to it.

I'm completely unsold on the idea that GS returned with TS in the truck that afternoon and she then murdered him in his bedroom after having driven around with him pointlessly for 4 hours in the truck while leaving her phone turned off.

There was no mention of cadaver dogs hitting in/around her vehicle, the garage, the basement, or anywhere else on their property in the affidavit.

The fact that she took that photo of him in bed on Monday morning was clearly an attempt to show that he was alive and well.

As I've said before, we know he was alive, but there's every reason to believe he was far from well.

I think the attack in that bedroom happened on Sunday night.
The candle video has to be factored into the equation.

In the affidavit, GS's bed was noted to pulled out from the wall in the Monday morning photo.
AS said that it was usually pushed up against the wall.

To me, that's a clear indication that TS had already pulled the bed away from the wall to clean up blood on Monday morning when she took that photo.

I think she probably initially tried to bandage/patch up whatever wounds she'd inflicted on GS, i.e.,tried to make him "good to go," then spent several hours on Sunday night cleaning in the basement.

Realized at some point that short of a trip to the hospital, he wasn't going to heal up any time soon.

Then decided she was going to kill him.

JMO.

I think it's an excellent idea to try not to forget, when instances of "confusion" were entered into the timeline because T's 'splanations were responsible for said confusion; in addition to what they were in particular.

I understand that nobody wants to do this, even informally (lol) but; remember originally just how much confusion was injected into the timeline by T's interview with Spencer (and probably through information immediately after), with the one-no-two hikes allegedly at GotG taking place in a day; and the part where even we couldn't figure out if she was speaking of Sunday happenings vs. Monday, etc.

Statement analysis, for example, postulates that the temporal point when a heretofore easily-flowing liar's statements break down, is the point in a timeline where a violent act occurs. AKA the "people understandably don't want to talk about tremendously upsetting events for a variety of reasons; and will do anything possible in order to avoid doing so" principle.

It's also the point in the narrative where the speaker would have to do the most fabrication in order to avoid detection of real events; which is another thing that even inveterate liars try to avoid, for the plain and simple reason that (as we've seen amply); people aren't good at it, unless maaaaaaaybe the misdirector in question is a master writer of mystery and suspense.

T's simply not that smart. I ask; what is it that was being discussed, every time she threw up an inadvertent fork in the narrative-interview road?

I'd be surprised to learn LS abused HH. They seemed extremely close, and based on a video HH made for LS for Mother's Day, it's clear she worshiped her mother.

I would not be surprised, however, to find out there was step-sibling rivalry between HH and GS, which, in which case, LS might have felt more predisposed to hating GS.

HH's refusal to talk to LE might play into that scenario.
lots of children with parents like Tee desperately want that connection and love, constantly trying to please the parent, who when you make her happy, is wonderful but the minute you upset, disappoint or anger becomes something else completely.... HH has been conditioned her whole life to worship and please her mother.
i would bet her relationship with her mother looked great on the surface but HH most likely lived in fear of upsetting her mother, Tee's personality is completely self serving, it doesn't matter the gender or age of a person, anyone who upset her would be treated appropriately ( her version of appropriate)
Girls are more often people pleasers and i am sure HH learned many coping strategies to avoid her mothers wrath.
i also have no doubt she wanted that close loving connection to her mother and she seems to have the emotional depth to be able to express it.
we have seen nothing from Tee that reciprocated that level of emotional connection to her daughter, rather she twisted her and used her to help her cover up G's murder, what kind of mother does that???

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately; her little battered and abused body was found 19 hours and 17 minutes later. Despite the fact this occurred over 20 years ago, the pain never goes away. Like another poster above said "you just learn to live with it".

My world took some pretty dark turns over the years. It wasn't until I became involved with a group of women (who have also lost a child to murder), that things began to change for me. We call ourselves justice seekers; that's why I'm here. (I think everyone on Gannon's thread is a justice seeker too)! I'm amongst many on these threads that have or are experiencing what I have. No one can understand the nightmare of losing a child unless you have experienced it yourself. Reaching out to these mothers (and fathers or grandparents) to offer support when they are in the midst of darkness is my way of giving back.

Despite the fact that Gannon's story is horrific and terrifying, I think we all celebrate the fact that he has been found. We will get through this together by sharing our ideas, theories, and personal experiences- even when we disagree. All in hopes of ensuring Gannon and his family receive the justice they deserve. Gannon will not be forgotten by any of us. He will live on in the hearts of the many who have come to love him.
I am so sorry for your loss. The poster commenting about "living with it" brings back a statement my grandmother made years ago. She had lost her mother at 2 years of age, her only 2 brothers a year apart, later her husband, and then a son. She was always smiling, so I asked her one day how she got over all that grief. She said "Honey, you never get over it, you just learn to accept it." I have never forgotten that. Thank you for sharing. Again, I am so sorry.

Another errand HH may have ran, and further reason not to cooperate? She had a job, so I assume had her own money, the purchase wouldn't have shown up on TS's bank records. Just a thought ...
HH had L with her and LE did interview L. So I find it highly unlikely LS had HH get new sheets and a bedspread. AL would be able to answer if the sheets and bedspread were new or not. Nothing is mentioned in the Affadavit about new sheets and bedspread. AL was questioned about the bedroom stating the bed was not in its normal spot. So if sheets and bedspread were new, certainly AL would have mentioned that as well.

After reading the AA numerous times, I am once again struck with the needless public bashing of LH.

Not once does the AA indicate that TS thought LH had anything to do with Gannon's disappearance. Not listed in any of the stories she gave to AS. Not listed in any of the interviews or correspondence with LE. No internet searches identified for "how do I.blame my husband's.ex wife for murder". Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Despite the fact she told us evidence would show LH was involved.

The hatred TS had for Gannon's Mother is astounding. I'm a little surprised AS did not receive the same treatment. Especially after reading "he never responded to sexually based text messages". Or the internet searches "how do.I get my husband to notice me". I have wondered if TS (wrongly) began to suspect the two of them (AS, LH), were communicating again? Rumors abound on social media about the separation of LH and her husband in December 2019. AA indicates TS was struggling to win the affection of her husband. Is this a motive? Her way of getting back at them? Just a thought.

View attachment 242075
I’m confused by the blood spatter. Why is there blood spatter all the way down to the floor, if his bed was pushed against the wall? Was his bed originally pulled out and she moved his to the wall to cover the blood stain. That makes more sense to me than what others have posted that she pulled the bed out afterwards.
I edited this. I thought the bed was pulled away from the wall when LE entered GS room. Am I reading this correctly that the bed was not in its usually position that morning when LS took the picture and later it was pushed back to its usual position? Can someone please clarify?

Last edited:
Personally I find it more explainable now. There were a lot of what-the-heck things floating around that are explained by this timeline.

If she murdered him away from home, why send kids out and away from the home when they got back from work/school. Why leave the back door 10 times in the middle of winter, arrange things in the garage to cover up blood, etc.

Any damage done Sunday would have been with witnesses. I actually don't think he was seriously mortally wounded from Sunday just because I think that would have been highlighted by GS or his sisters at some point - he still had phone access apparently. Blood splatter cleanup wouldn't have been done with three living people watching. I do think she did something to him Sunday but no worse than they were all used to with her (sadly).

I still think she meant to kill him when leaving that day, but it was interrupted. Returning home led to her actually doing it and then the rest of the pieces fit to a cleanup.

All MOO..
Great points. However, I don't believe he ever had access to his phone. She took it at some point and it was never given back.

The blood on the mattress tells me head wound. IMO, it looks more like a drip down the mattress over time. Not 10 minutes. More like Midnight to 9 am, give or take. Blood from the nose, ear, or wound. I wonder if they found his pillow.
AA says the bed has a new pillow, new pillow case and new blanket. It never says they located them.

lots of children with parents like Tee desperately want that connection and love, constantly trying to please the parent, who when you make her happy, is wonderful but the minute you upset, disappoint or anger becomes something else completely.... HH has been conditioned her whole life to worship and please her mother.
i would bet her relationship with her mother looked great on the surface but HH most likely lived in fear of upsetting her mother, Tee's personality is completely self serving, it doesn't matter the gender or age of a person, anyone who upset her would be treated appropriately ( her version of appropriate)
Girls are more often people pleasers and i am sure HH learned many coping strategies to avoid her mothers wrath.
i also have no doubt she wanted that close loving connection to her mother and she seems to have the emotional depth to be able to express it.
we have seen nothing from Tee that reciprocated that level of emotional connection to her daughter, rather she twisted her and used her to help her cover up G's murder, what kind of mother does that???

All good points. The only thing that niggles at me is that the AA says HH won't cooperate. That makes me think there might have been an "us against them" or at least "us against him" agenda going on in the house.

Perhaps by now, however, HH has told LE what (if anything) she knows. HH is pretty small in stature, I'm now starting to wonder if that wasn't her the neighbor captured on his video getting into the truck and not GS. Do we know for a fact that she was elsewhere during that time?

If Tee could control her to that extent, HH could be well aware of what had occurred, which could explain why she refused to talk to LE. After all, if she thought her mother was innocent, I think she'd want LE to know that. Not speaking sounds more (to me) like she might have known what had transpired or perhaps witnessed it. That poor girl.

JMO MOO

All good points. The only thing that niggles at me is that the AA says HH won't cooperate. That makes me think there might have been an "us against them" or at least "us against him" agenda going on in the house.

Perhaps by now, however, HH has told LE what (if anything) she knows. HH is pretty small in stature, I'm now starting to wonder if that wasn't her the neighbor captured on his video getting into the truck and not GS. Do we know for a fact that she was elsewhere during that time?

If Tee could control her to that extent, HH could be well aware of what had occurred, which could explain why she refused to talk to LE. After all, if she thought her mother was innocent, I think she'd want LE to know that. Not speaking sounds more (to me) like she might have known what had transpired or perhaps witnessed it. That poor girl.

JMO MOO
BBM, the arrest affidavit states that the police verified she was at work at the time.

Specifically from 8:30 to 4:15

Great points. However, I don't believe he ever had access to his phone. She took it at some point and it was never given back.
Definitely possible - I'm operating on the assumption he brought his phone and she found out while out. She went to the trouble of leaving her phone at home, I was thinking she told him to leave his and when he didn't and she found him using it her plan was disrupted. Which in that scenario, he had his phone sunday night and monday morning. Maybe she left it at Petco as an attempt to still carry out the plan but realized there's too many questions and gave up.

Phone stuff aside, I still don't understand why - if her trip out to kill was interrupted and she went back home - why still kill him? Why not regroup, plan again? According to the AA she killed him between 2:15 and 3:15 - one hour to accomplish a murder with a now on-the-fly plan. I understand why people think the AA is incorrect here, but I believe it so far and it begs the question why still kill him with only an hour to spare and at your home?

To that end, I wonder if AS was one foot out the door or LH wanted the kids back or something made her absolutely need to kill him Monday in order to get her revenge against AS and LH, because by Tuesday (for whatever reason) it'd be too late.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member