Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
I get so confused with all the rental vehicles and all her alleged actions. It is almost like she started to make things up as she went along once LE honed in on her and she got scared.

One thought I cant shake is the thought she may have had him in the back of the Tiguan the whole time when she left it in short term parking to pick up AS. Maybe she was struggling to find a good place to put him and had just left him there for the time being until she finally picked up her leased VW Tiguan and eventually move the body to north of the lake area.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I also wonder why LE did not search for her vehicle in the airports parking lots. They were looking for it and they knew she picked up AS at airport and had to have known she rented a vehicle there because AS would have told LE about the rental so it seems a likely place to search would have been the airport parking lots. Maybe they did try to search it but because of their resources being limited or because of the volume of cars they may have just missed spotting it.

So many things she did was illogical and confusing. Im more convinced some of her actions were made up on the fly as time went on. She was constantly changing and evolving her plans. Pure insanity.

Just wish she would have realized that she could have stopped at any time before killing him and he may have healed up and been ok and all she would have faced was X number of years for child abuse rather than what she ended up doing and now will be locked up for life which is what she deserves now and more.
Gosh she makes me ill just thinking about her and what she did to him. :(

I thought LE said the bedspread appeared to be a different one, if not the sheets and pillow, as well. Imo

I kept thinking since reading the AA about the bed photos & mention of possible different bedspread. I am wondering if all the bedding wasn’t washed in the utility room (washer/dryer). Giving the blood trail mentioned from bedroom to utility room.

Clean up done & bed remade, however the bedspread is a reversible one & TS put it on reversed then photo #1. This would also explain if the girls didn’t notice a difference. They have seen both sides before.

MOO

If she had killed him in the bedroom and moved him quickly, would the dogs have picked it up that fast? How long after death can cadaver dogs pick up the scent? Is it immediate?
It takes around 30 mins for the tissue cells to start breaking down and expelling cadaverine (longer for less brutal wounds) that’s why I believe the dogs wouldn’t have hit in the home, this is me assuming she put him in the suitcase and then the car pretty early on after the murder. It’s much more likely the cadaver dogs would hit in the Tiguan as he was stored in there for hours. However, given the fact he was in a suitcase and on some plywood, and she cleaned in the Tiguan, it’s (maybe?) possible the only hit would be to the suitcase.
My apologies if this was already discussed, I’ve fallen way behind!

Last edited:
What if she gave him anti-freeze or Benadryl or Ritalin, etc. and instead of dying in the truck like she'd hoped he started to improve and that sent the perp into an additional rage ?

JMO
I agree that an attempted poisoning could explain why she left with him and was gone so long. She may have just been blowing time doing a little shopping and expected him to die in the back of the truck.

As time got close to the other kids getting home she had to give up with that plan and go on home to finish him off. Its all so horrible and evil. And she had confiscated his phone so poor Gannon was all alone and helpless with that monster.

You are so on the right path. I can't truly see it as a psychotherapists sees it, either. I totally get not feeling charitable at all. I guess I'm trying to think vaguely about prevention - but as you and I both end up saying - it's too late. If children are not loved and nurtured, there's no prevention.

My friend/colleague actually quit that job, and then, quit any sort of professional job at all. Major PTSD for a while. Drifted away from California IIRC and, I think, went into a career where he cared for animals and organized experiences for kids and animals. I may not be remembering correctly. I just know that now we'd say he had PTSD and I had hoped his writing would help him - but I don't think it did, really.

Yeah, despite all my thinking and research - it doesn't seem to help prevent anything. Even if we each personally started trying to fix people (as I think my colleague did), it doesn't work.

Sometimes I think that gene studies should be done but I don't like where that goes either.

You are a wonderful part of this community, Love Never Fails.
I am a therapist and I don’t feel that everyone with a personality disorder is unable to change. It’s just very difficult to make changes in someone that has lived and thought the way they have their entire life. Look how hard it is on here for us to change some person’s perspective to our own. Now do that for the way an individual views everything in life. It’s a lot of work and time consuming and I feel most people aren’t willing to invest the time and commit to changing the way they think, feel, and behave on a daily basis. I don’t feel bad for the ones who wind up in jail and sure don’t agree with their crimes, but I do take it into consideration. For example, 18yo male horribly abused sexually and neglected as child, goes to foster care, places with a male and eventually adopted by a male(only no significant other) at age 8. Begins to be sexually abused by this male and physically. At 18, he tells his grandparents about the abuse and they don’t believe him. The grandfather reminded him of the abusive adoptive father, black out rage and kills both grandparents. He got the death penalty bc his defense wouldn’t use any evidence of abuse at trial. To me, I feel he wouldn’t have gotten death if his past abuse were brought up. LWOP absolutely. Eventually it was turned over to LWOP. Now in LS case, I don’t think there would be anything that would make me feel she deserves less that the death penalty. Just like Casey A. She had nothing in her history that would make me feel she didn’t deserve the DP. So, I think it matters but not in a way to explain away why they committed the crime.

Thanks for this upload. ^^^

I'm thinking that if he exited the truck on his own which it appears that he could have --- then far from being too ill to walk he was actually recovering from an overdose, if she in fact drugged him.
So at this point he wasn't dying, he was recovering.
Which further angered her ?

What if she gave him anti-freeze or Benadryl or Ritalin, etc. and instead of dying in the truck like she'd hoped he started to improve and that sent the perp into an additional rage ?
I do think it’s possible she drugged him. She left her phone at home, and almost certainly left Gannon’s phone in Petco. There is absolutely a nefarious reason for all the subterfuge.

I see two possibilities:

She did plan on killing him in broad daylight and backed out for some reason.

She drugged him, hoping he would die during their travels.

Regardless of which scenario occurred, it appears she likely did commit the murder at home. The blood evidence looks like rage to me, especially coupled with the charges for multiple murder implements.

I thought LE said the bedspread appeared to be a different one, if not the sheets and pillow, as well. Imo

I kept thinking since reading the AA about the bed photos & mention of possible different bedspread. I am wondering if all the bedding wasn’t washed in the utility room (washer/dryer). Giving the blood trail mentioned from bedroom to utility room.

Clean up done & bed remade, however the bedspread is a reversible one & TS put it on reversed then photo #1. This would also explain if the girls didn’t notice a difference. They have seen both sides before.

MOO

First - hope you are doing well, LietKynes. Always good to read your posts.

I do understand why no one wants resources spent on monsters, but as @RaspberryMama said above, many more people are capable of violence than we realize. Many of these people are in fact mentally ill. I think LS is mentally ill. She's lucky to have that incredibly tight family or she probably would have been homeless at times in her life.

There are almost no resources for any of these people. Of the groups you listed, the foster orphans would be my priority, then the struggling single parents (and working poor). Having worked for years with homeless people (research was on a particular type of schizophrenia mostly found among the homeless, and as it was VA-funded research, we were looking for vets, and we tried our best to bribe them to come into special housing), I have no illusions about how to help them. As you can tell from my posts, mental illness is my special interest in true crime and elsewhere.

I wonder how much Colorado will spend on TS's trial and subsequent incarceration.
bbm
Thanks for your thoughtful reply, 10ofRods !

I was mainly referring to those who have already committed heinous crimes and who've been tried and convicted. (Which I'm assuming TS will be just that.)

As to the bolded : Yes, I fully agree that there are scant resources and that's why it's a shame to keep people who murder children, alive.

My point is to help the mentally ill who have not committed a crime such as murder or abuse of innocent people.
CO will spend vast resources to ensure the medical health and well-being of the perp who killed Gannon, until the end of her life --and that can't be helped.
But it is a travesty.
Someday hopefully the laws will be changed.

I do think it’s possible she drugged him. She left her phone at home, and almost certainly left Gannon’s phone in Petco. There is absolutely a nefarious reason for all the subterfuge.

I see two possibilities:

Regardless of which scenario occurred, it appears she likely did commit the murder at home. The blood evidence looks like rage to me, especially coupled with the charges for multiple murder implements.
I hadn't thought of her leaving Gannon's phone at Petco. I know Al texted him and that text wasn't returned until she was at Petco for the second time, but I was assuming Gannon was incapable of using his phone (drugged or sick, imo) and she couldn't reply to the text because she was driving and his phone was in the backseat out of her reach. But, perhaps is phone was in the store? Maybe.

jmo

I am a therapist and I don’t feel that everyone with a personality disorder is unable to change. It’s just very difficult to make changes in someone that has lived and thought the way they have their entire life. Look how hard it is on here for us to change some person’s perspective to our own. Now do that for the way an individual views everything in life. It’s a lot of work and time consuming and I feel most people aren’t willing to invest the time and commit to changing the way they think, feel, and behave on a daily basis. I don’t feel bad for the ones who wind up in jail and sure don’t agree with their crimes, but I do take it into consideration. For example, 18yo male horribly abused sexually and neglected as child, goes to foster care, places with a male and eventually adopted by a male(only no significant other) at age 8. Begins to be sexually abused by this male and physically. At 18, he tells his grandparents about the abuse and they don’t believe him. The grandfather reminded him of the abusive adoptive father, black out rage and kills both grandparents. He got the death penalty bc his defense wouldn’t use any evidence of abuse at trial. To me, I feel he wouldn’t have gotten death if his past abuse were brought up. LWOP absolutely. Eventually it was turned over to LWOP. Now in LS case, I don’t think there would be anything that would make me feel she deserves less that the death penalty. Just like Casey A. She had nothing in her history that would make me feel she didn’t deserve the DP. So, I think it matters but not in a way to explain away why they committed the crime.
bbm
Agreed.

Enjoyed reading your thoughtful post, and I wonder if Gannon's killer had an abusive, deranged upbringing ?
So whomever raised TS is now reaping what they've sowed, so to speak ?
I'm amazed that TS' aunt and others are supporting her even now; and saying that LE 'set her up'.
Incredible, but it gives some insight as to why TS turned out the way she did.

And I think TS could have asked for help and not made the choices that she wound up making.
I'm not certain she's mentally ill as insane or not knowing right from wrong, due to her attempts to cover up her actions; and I don't think she will change or would even want to.

As of now I'd go with TS is just plain evil to the (bleeping) core; but without an excuse of 'mental illness'.
I'm thinking her defense will trot that out as they've a hard road to hoe, with their client.

I admit I can feel some sympathy for any child if they're horribly abused by their biological relatives... but am not going to sympathize with their actions as an adult --- referring here to Gannon's murderer.
She had multiple times to back out of committing murder, but instead chose to go through with it.

There are some who have been through ptsd-causing trauma in their upbringing, but have chosen to become compassionate and law-abiding adults.
They are true heroes.

Last edited:
The aunt that rented the Nissan Altima for LS after her Tiguan was seized.... does she live in CO? If not, when did she arrive?

I'm also curious if she is the person that picked up LS from the hospital on the 29th. What did she drive? And why did she rent the Altima, why didn't LS rent it? Her name is in the AA, but not on the witness list. Does this mean LE never talked to her?

I hadn't thought of her leaving Gannon's phone at Petco. I know Al texted him and that text wasn't returned until she was at Petco for the second time, but I was assuming Gannon was incapable of using his phone (drugged or sick, imo) and she couldn't reply to the text because she was driving and his phone was in the backseat out of her reach. But, perhaps is phone was in the store? Maybe.

jmo
This was speculated about on social media early on. At the time, I didn’t like it.

It makes sense though.

It’s weird that Gannon’s phone didn’t respond to Al until a minute before she made a purchase. We know that her travels were unaccounted for between her first Petco visit and the second one.

So either Gannon’s phone was off and she turned it on just before reaching the checkout counter, or she left it in the store.

Either is possible though.

I see two possibilities:

Then there is that ominus 2 hours where she went off the grid.
11:22 to 1:22

@Niner - making sure you see this as I think you are working on this too:

This is a timeline based on the arrest affidavit. It includes info ONLY from the affidavit.

I did NOT include any obvious lies she told (such as the rape stories) except where the lies fit into the timeline, imo. I realize there are other pertinent dates and times, but this is info ONLY from the affidavit.

Keep in mind these are notes I took myself - the affidavit itself is the source for full and accurate info.

I refer to Letecia as “T” in my notes.

SATURDAY before the murder
Jan 25. 12:16pm - 7:58pm. Saturday
T’s Google searches include: military singles, parenting issues, rich guy, someday people will wish they treated you better.

Jan 25. Saturday
Al spent night in Denver.

SUNDAY before the murder
Jan 26 9:25am-9:27am. Sunday
T’s Google searches include: crappy parents, putting nails before kids

Jan 26. Sunday
Al’s flight departs from Denver.

Jan 26. Sunday
T told LE Gannon knocked over candle and burned carpet. Says she met Edguardo that night while driving around a construction site. (Note to self: this is admission she was driving near construction sites or elsewhere that night? Why? What was she doing?)

Jan 26. Nighttime. Sunday
T told Al Gannon up during night with stomach problems.

MONDAY day of murder
Jan 27. 12:09am, 1am, 4:40am, 6:54am. Monday
T Google searches included: son burned carpet, how get rid of smoke, law regarding kids staying at home, suede repair kit, police number

Jan 27. 4:37am. Monday
T. texted her work that her stepdad was killed in car accident and she wouldn’t be at work. Google search of suede repair kit was immediately after sending this text.

Jan 27. 8:13am, 8:17am. Monday
T took photos of Gannon in bed. His Switch is in photos.

Jan 27. 9:56am. Monday
T. locked her phone.

Jan 27. 10:12am Monday
Last motion in house that morning on ADT security.

Jan 27. 10:16am. Monday
T and Gannon leave home in Al’s Nissan Frontier. T. left her phone at home.

Jan 27. 10:37am. Monday
Text sent from Gannon’s phone to HH: T left phone at home.

Jan 27. 11:22am. Monday
T made purchase at Petco, 30-minute drive from home. Gannon not in store video. (Note to self: This time stamp is more than 30 minutes after they left home.)

Jan 27. 12:06pm Monday
Al text to Gannon. No reply until 1:21pm.

Jan 27. 1:21pm. Monday
Gannon’s phone: reply to Al’s 12:06pm text.

Jan 27. 1:22pm. Monday
T’s second purchase at Petco.

Jan 27. 1:43pm. Monday
Gannon’s phone search: Can parent find cell phone if it is off. LIkely T typed it.

Jan 27. 2:19pm Monday
Al’s Nissan Frontier returns home. T exits vehicle. Can’t see Gannon, but LE think he returned.

Jan 27. 2:22pm Monday
ADT motion detected in house. T killed Gannon in his bedroom some point after entering home.

Jan 27. 2:30-3:30pm. Monday
Back door opened and closed 10 times

Jan 27. 2:45pm. Monday
T unlocked her phone.

Jan 27. 3:15pm. Monday
L home from school. T told her Gannon is in her bed, go outside and play.

Jan 27. 3:30-3:42pm. Monday
L seen on video riding bike outside.

Jan 27. 3:41, 3:42, 3:43, 3:44pm. Monday
T texting on her phone. Re headphones for Al?

Jan 27. 3:55pm. Monday
Al texted Gannon. (Text not read until 6:40pm)

Jan 27. 4:11, 4:19, 4:20. Monday
T texting on her phone. Re headphones for Al?

Jan 27. 4:42pm. Monday
H arrives home in her VW Jetta. Picked up L.

Jan 27. 4:52pm. Monday
T texted H to get carpet cleaner, trash bags, baking soda.

Jan 27. 5:14pm. Monday
Time stamp on receipt showing H purchased items T requested. LE found receipt in T’s Tiguan, and also found airport parking receipt in Tiguan.

Jan 27. 6:55pm. Monday
T reported Gannon missing. She did not go anywhere to look for him.

Jan 27. 7:40pm. Monday
Earlier text from Al (from 3:55pm) read on Gannon’s phone.

Jan 27. 10:09pm. Monday
LE arrive at home. Searched basement bedroom. Bed different than in T’s photos she took that morning. T’s Tiguan parked in garage, backed in. Gannon’s blood was later found below rear-hatch on floor.

After Jan 27. Not sure of date.
Two ransom notes received on LE tip line. (Not considered to be from actual kidnapper.)

TUESDAY, January 28. Day after murder.
Jan 28. 4:00am’ish. Tuesday
T Google searches included: runaway child, flight from OKC to COS.

Jan 28. 5:14am. Tuesday
T text conversation with babysitter. Said Gannon went to the doctor on Monday (no evidence that he did)

Jan 28. 8:17am. Tuesday
T searched priceline.com, likely regarding rental car.

Jan 28. 8:30am Tuesday
T’s Tiguan entered airport parking lot.

Jan 28. 8:48-8:54am Tuesday
T texted H to pull H’s car into garage (likely to cover blood)

Jan 28. 8:50am Tuesday
T picked up Al at airport in rented Kia.

Jan 28-29 Tuesday-Wednesday
T drove rented Kia Rio 71 miles. T told Al her Tiguan was near elementary school.

Jan 28. Tuesday
Al allowed LE to search house.

Jan 28. 12:57pm. Tuesday.
T’s Google search: Can Nintendo find my Switch?”

Jan 28. Tuesday
Investigators and Al searched for Tiguan, didn’t find it. It was parked at airport, unknown to them.

Jan 28. 4:04-4:17pm Tuesday
LE got Gannon’s toothbrush for DNA.

Jan 28. 4:18pm Tuesday
T Google searches: Volkswagen, LE wants son’s toothbrush

Jan 28 4:31-4:33 Tuesday
T texted Al that LE hiding something regarding Gannon’s toothbrush

Jan 28. 7:02pm Tuesday
Tigua picked up at airport. (Note to self: T still had rental Kia at this point. Who dropped her off at airport to get Tigua and where was the Kia?)

Jan 28. Evening. Tuesday
T disconnected her phone.

Jan 28. 8:08-8:18pm. Tuesday
T’s Tiguan at King Sooper’s parking lot.

Jan 28. 9:15-9:30pm. Tuesday
T’s Tiguan in area of Hwy 105/S. Perry Park Road. Stopped for 5 minutes in area where Gannon’s blood on particle board later found on Feb 15. Drove to this location Jan 31 too.

Jan 28. 10:26pm Tuesday
H left home to pick up T at Powers and Carefree.

Jan 28. 10:45pm Tuesday
T texted LE: “What do you want from me...I did nothing….I was told I couldn’t go home to sleep.”

WEDNESDAY, January 29 (two days after murder)
Jan 29. 9:00am. Wednesday
Rental Kia returned. T picked up at airport by someone driving H’s Jetta. H’s cellphone shows she was in area.

Jan 29. 10:00am. Wednesday
T’s scheduled for LE interview. T did not arrive at 10am, but two hours late.

Jan 29. 11:30am. Wednesday
Video shows what looks like T’s Tiguan at car wash.

Jan 29. 12:00pm Wednesday
T drove Tiguan to LE interview. Vehicle was wet and clean. T was evasive before interview, was two hours late for interview. DId not want LE at her home. Brought notes with her. Told new story about being raped at gunpoint by Edguardo, who took Gannon. Edgardo demanded a suitcase. T stuffed tissues down her pants. Said she had chest pain and shortness of breath. LE called paramedics who took her to hospital. T left hospital before end of exam. LE tol her they would collect DNA but she left hospital without telling LE. T made phone call from waiting room. T was picked up by someone and met H a few miles from hospital.

Jan 29. Time? Wednesday
T’s Tiguan and phone seized by LE.

Jan 29. Time? Wednesday
T obtained Nissan Altima that her aunt rented. LE put GPS tracker on it.

Jan 29 2:14pm? Wednesday
Text regarding smoke and blood re: carpet. Hard to be a stepmom (Can’t read affidavit clearly about this - is this the correct date and time?)

Unknown date(s)
T gave false stories to her sister and other family members.

Dates after Wednesday, Jan 29
Jan 30-Feb 1. Thursday - Saturday
T. used rental car of her Aunt Brenda Acguard.

Jan 31. 4’ish-5:13pm. Friday (4 days after murder)
Rented Nissan Altima returned to area where Gannon dumped.

Feb 1. Saturday
FBI searched Tiguan. Found blood, can’t get DNA.

Feb 15
LE found particle board with blood in Hwy 105/S. Perry Park Road area.

Feb 16. 7:28pm
T told TC she lies to Al because he doesn’t believe anything she says.

Feb 17. 4:11pm
T told someone she will take a lie detector test.

Feb 18. 10:14am and 11:16am
T called fake polography company to inquire about her report. During second follow-up call, T was told her questions were illegal and company would not send her a report.

Last edited:
So the question of where Gannon was murdered should be known by law enforcement.

Right now, it does look like he was murdered in his bedroom, and did return home.

The definitive answer will likely come from his body. Let’s say by some miracle the violent event that caused all that blood in his bedroom happened before they left that morning.

She almost certainly would have had to bandage him, especially considering the severe injuries he would have suffered (and no blood in the pickup).

If his body was found with evidence of medical care performed by “Dr. Stauch,” then providing it is severe enough to account for the blood, then that would change things.

Tom Bevel’s (blood splatter experts) firm should be able to help determine this as well.

Gray Hughes goes into detail pointing out a “shadow” on the truck video when LS arrives home in RD’s video. I’ve watched several, this is the only one that explained it enough to create reasonable doubt for me.
I’m catching up. And just read your post.
So I just watched this. Thanks for posting it! I do see the shadow now. I now think he came home.

Thank you! :) Oh my! I had almost forgotten about Key Gate. Still trying to figure that one out!

I agree with all your theories and all the original speculation that she was pre-splaining any blood and possibly GS leaving via gate.

1. The only other theory I had for the key, not necessarily the gate key but missing keyS. Was Gannon the keeper of Al’s key ring while he traveled? That is something a boy might be proud of (as she suggested in an interview and mentioned along with the gate key, he was proud to be the man of the house in Al’s absence).

My husband rarely took his keys while traveling for work. Al’s key ring might include a key for a gun safe/cabinet/lock box.

This buys her time. No missing keys are mentioned in the AA so just a random musing but we do know she was uncooperative. Did she hide important keys blaming G?

Was the locksmith on the witness list there to replace keys, re-key the house since there was a Rapist on the loose or keep the real step monster out.

2. I agree. I think she placed bloody items in that missing/"taken" cardboard box, took that out back then bagged them, placing them in the bin. Hidden in plain sight. Probably using the hose to clean herself as well.

2:30 – 3:30 backdoor opened and closed 10x

That was a lot of activity for one hour.

I know you did not address gun noise but I can attest no one comes, no one calls the police. I unfortunately had a 38 accidently discharge into a thin hollow bathroom door, the bullet left a hole but did not exit. This happened mid-day during the week. It was surreal.

Agree on gunshot. One shot no yelling would likely go unnoticed by neighbors, but RDs camera sound pickup should have caught the muffled bang.

rsabbm
I don't know that its plenty of time to clean up.
heres why.
the other day one of my usually adorable but snoopy fury friends scouted out the easter bunny stash :mad: and devoured an enormous easter egg including the foil.
was so sick she had probably about 4 projectile vomits in random places in my home.
it was all consuming cleaning up for 2 days to remove all traces and smell.
I was thinking about TS the whole time and wondering how frenzied the clean up must have been.
it makes more sense to me she had all night sunday and into Monday to get done what she had to.
that afternoon window just seems way too small for the crime and the clean up to satisfactory level ready to call police.
she didn't know when she rang at 7pm ish that they wouldn't arrive for 3 extra hours.
I still reckon she would have been a busy bee for every second waiting for them to rock up even then.

eta I'm not saying specifically she must have killed him so early but that blood bath in his room needed extensive time to pull together. and if there were droplets right through out the house. its just hard to see her having enough time in the arvo??

moo
Yes!! Besides the time frame between Petco visits, this is the thing that bothers me most too. How could she have cleaned up, with cleaning supplies on hand, even good enough for the girls not to notice. That was less than an hour to commit a murder and start cleaning. She clearly ran out of cleaning supplies at some point according to the store list HH was given. She would still have had a lot to do at that time plus have to wait on the extra supplies. Somehow she kept them from noticing anything. I agree she had everything done before she called the police. She had absolutely no way of knowing they wouldn't show up right after her call. I just cant figure out how she accomplished it all. All in all she must've been sure LE wouldn't look around very much. Who calls police while hiding a body right there? Mindblowing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993