CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle and uniform, 23 killed - Portapique, NS *suspect dead*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy ...

Those who knew Gabriel Wortman stunned by news of shooting spree

In one chilling note, in light of Sunday’s events, it hints at his interest in a possible career in law enforcement, saying “Gabe’s future may include being an RCMP officer.” ...

“I do remember him saying he buys old police vehicles from the auction and fixes them up; he had two,” posted Jones.

I'm wondering if his business suffered because of Covid? Perhaps people aren't ordering dentures at the moment? He is at the age when financial setbacks can be a trigger for violence.

Speculation only, without any details to go on at the moment.

I'm sure we're learn more about him soon.

jmo

COVID-19 only became a big deal in Canada about the middle of March, just over one month ago. Denturists make good money in Canada, enough for him apparently to buy a “lovely big home”. Dentist offices are closed but emergency patients are taken care of.

Yes, it’s true people are facing all sorts of financial challenges right now but IMO if a denturist is facing serious dire straits due to a shut-down of a month he was already in a serious financial situation. Respectfully, millions of people are suffering financial setbacks and I’m certain mass murdering innocent people including police officers is the last thing on their mind.

“Taggart said he didn’t know Wortman well, but spoke to him a few times when he telephoned about municipal issues, and described knowing Wortman’s “lovely big home” on Portapique Beach Road.”
‘HORRIFIC’: RCMP officer among 17 dead in Nova Scotia killing spree

COVID-19 only became a big deal in Canada about the middle of March, just over one month ago. Denturists make good money in Canada, enough for him apparently to buy a “lovely big home”. Dentist offices are closed but emergency patients are taken care of.

Yes, it’s true people are facing all sorts of financial challenges right now but IMO if a denturist is facing serious dire straits due to a shut-down of a month he was already in a serious financial situation. Respectfully, millions of people are suffering financial setbacks and I’m certain mass murdering innocent people including police officers is the last thing on their mind.

“Taggart said he didn’t know Wortman well, but spoke to him a few times when he telephoned about municipal issues, and described knowing Wortman’s “lovely big home” on Portapique Beach Road.”
‘HORRIFIC’: RCMP officer among 17 dead in Nova Scotia killing spree

Housing is actually pretty cheap in Nova Scotia. Many have homes in the city and cottages at the seaside. He was one of the latter group.

Realtor.ca to glimpse at some.

I doubt Covid-19 had anything at all to do with this. It was full-up premeditated and planned well in advance. He worked a while at mocking up that fake-RCMP Patrol car. Fake Mountie uniform. Planned route taking him from his start in Portapique up through Bass River then off towards Hali. I'm glad they nailed him in Enfield or this could have been even worse had he got into Metro Halifax.

I’m feeling so sorry for your entire province. There’s enough stresses and tragedy to deal with as it is, now this :(

I'm in Ottawa but come from there. Our cottage is there which we get to every summer. Beautiful spot Nova Scotia is. Friendly people, relaxed life-style, hard workers. They don't deserve this.

I'm in Ottawa but come from there. Our cottage is there which we get to every summer. Beautiful spot Nova Scotia is. Friendly people, relaxed life-style, hard workers. They don't deserve this.

I wondered what your connection was to that area. Hugs to you and yours.

It was mentioned only in passing on CBS News in the U.S., because a police officer died in the shooting. While I realize these nutjobs want publicity, even if it's posthumous, it deserves more, and your community deserves it too.

Housing is actually pretty cheap in Nova Scotia. Many have homes in the city and cottages at the seaside. He was one of the latter group.

Realtor.ca to glimpse at some.

I doubt Covid-19 had anything at all to do with this. It was full-up premeditated and planned well in advance. He worked a while at mocking up that fake-RCMP Patrol car. Fake Mountie uniform. Planned route taking him also through bass River then off towards Hali. I'm glad they nailed him in Enfield or this could have been even worse had he got into Metro Halifax.

Agreed I'm glad they stopped him when they did. I am wondering though, was this a planned route or was he trying to get back to his main residence in Dartmouth? By looking at the maps and following the chase it seems like it started near his cottage in Portapique and he followed hwy 2 back towards Dartmouth thru Truro, Shubencadie(Car crash and switch to silver Cheverolet tracker), and finally stopped at the Irvings in Enfield. Were the majority of the casualties in the Orchard Beach estates area of Portapique?

I wondered what your connection was to that area. Hugs to you and yours.

It was mentioned only in passing on CBS News in the U.S., because a police officer died in the shooting. While I realize these nutjobs want publicity, even if it's posthumous, it deserves more, and your community deserves it too.

It's heart-breaking when it happens anywhere; this just hits especially close to home. Our family has Ministers, those who serve in the Military (my brother and I in the Army, a few cousins too) and cousins in the RCMP - one out of Truro, NS, one out of Kentville NS Detachment, one in Saskatoon SK.

There's heartbreak down home tonight. Many, many families impact from one end of the province to the other. Across the Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam